The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #101
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Default Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
So Bruce would have grown up with Ra's Al Ghul's daughter?
I don't mean take the Rachel character exactly how she was in Begins and TDK. Just replace her with Talia/Miranda. Maybe someone he meets after he comes back to Gotham.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #102
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
I always thought it would've been cool if instead of Rachel Dawes that it would've been Talia (Miranda) in Begins, TDK, and then reveal her in TDKR as Talia
Imagine if Talia was introduced in BB (disappeared in TDK), Selina/Catwoman was introduced in TDK and both appear in TDKR. The drama!

ETA: !'m 100% sure though that Marion will not be Talia if the character was introduced in BB.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #103
Viper81
Agent of Mac Sauce

He shared a deeper connection with Rachel, but he had way more chemistry with selina.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #104
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper81 View Post
He shared a deeper connection with Rachel, but he had way more chemistry with selina.
this

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #105
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper81 View Post
Yup. Tate doesn't even factor into it because she was so lame and useless.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #106
the last son
Side-Kick

It has to be Rachel. or nobody. Rachel was his best friend and knew him as much as anyone on the planet outside of Alfred. He wanted to marry her. Maybe Bale didn't have as much chemistry with Maggie/Katie but the story did.
Selina didn't seem interested at all in Bruce. What showed she did. It seemed maybe they shared a connection with we are both screwed up but I didn't really see much sexual chemistry from Catwoman towards men period. She seemed way more interested into women. JMO. The kiss they shared was so weird. It was way too late and she looked like she wanted to throw up.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #107
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Last Son at it again.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #108
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Last Son at it again.
this reminds me there are some "interesting" posts from that thread --- http://forums.superherohype.com/show...391823&page=16

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...391823&page=17

rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #109
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Natascha.

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #110
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
It has to be Rachel. or nobody. Rachel was his best friend and knew him as much as anyone on the planet outside of Alfred. He wanted to marry her. Maybe Bale didn't have as much chemistry with Maggie/Katie but the story did.
Selina didn't seem interested at all in Bruce. What showed she did. It seemed maybe they shared a connection with we are both screwed up but I didn't really see much sexual chemistry from Catwoman towards men period. She seemed way more interested into women. JMO. The kiss they shared was so weird.It was way too late and she looked like she wanted to throw up.
That's how Maggie Gyllenhaal's face always looks.

Cunning Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #111
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Imagine if Talia was introduced in BB (disappeared in TDK), Selina/Catwoman was introduced in TDK and both appear in TDKR. The drama!

ETA: !'m 100% sure though that Marion will not be Talia if the character was introduced in BB.
This is kind of what I'm hoping for more of in the next series. Set ups using characters we've "grown up" through the series with.

For example, planting Harleen Quinzel into a semi-important role in the first film, only to have her reappear in a later film as Harley Quinn, preferably after The Joker's appearance is done (or maybe during his appearance?).

Or, for another example, having Harvey Dent as the D.A. early on, and setting him up to be Two-Face later, much how Billy Dee Williams was used in Batman and Batman Returns.

Cunning Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #112
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
this reminds me there are some "interesting" posts from that thread --- http://forums.superherohype.com/show...391823&page=16

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...391823&page=17
Quote:
two freaks at their peaks]
lmao

Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #113
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Selina didn't seem interested at all in Bruce. What showed she did. It seemed maybe they shared a connection with we are both screwed up but I didn't really see much sexual chemistry from Catwoman towards men period. She seemed way more interested into women. JMO. The kiss they shared was so weird. It was way too late and she looked like she wanted to throw up.
Lol, no it actually doesn't have to be Rachel and it isn't if you ask me. I have to agree with pretty much everyone else on this thread, that for many years Bruce and Rachel had a deep connection, but that connection was clearly lost by the time Bruce became Batman, and The Dark Knight. That night when Bruce's parents are killed clearly changed his life, and who he was gonna become. To me it also might have changed Bruce's relationship with Rachel, or at least a future with her. By the time Bruce comes back to Gotham from his training, both Bruce & Rachel clearly still have hope that they will one day be together, and that still holds at the end of Batman Begins. But, it's clearly shown in The Dark Knight that any connection they ever shared with each other is fading away, and Rachel is slowly moving on, and this is why in the end she chooses Harvey Dent as she realized her and Bruce aren't meant to be anymore. Bruce just idealizes her as a life he wants, but can't have unless he can give up Batman. Yes Rachel knew Bruce longer than anyone else besides Alfred, but she clearly doesn't understnad the Batman part inside him, or some of the choices he makes as Batman.

It's been said before while Bruce certainly can give up being Batman for the rest of his life, the personailty of him and some of the issues he still has, will always be inside him, and he needs a woman in his life that can relate to him as Bruce Wayne and Batman, if he wants potential for a life-long relationship, and that woman clearly isn't Rachel anymore. In my opinion, it's hands down Selina.

First of all I don't even understand why Talia is part of this thread, LOL. They never had any romantic connection. That sex scene was so rushed. Yes Bruce and Selina could have used a little more development, but why does it matter? What we got between them was great enough, and they had way more chemistry and spark than Bruce and Rachel ever shared together. Their were just too many characters in this movie too fully foucs on a Bruce and Selina love story, but at least their relationship never felt rushed or too unrelastic to me. As much as a sex scene between Bruce and Selina would have been great and hot, it was more natural that it didn't happened, and showed their relationship in the end was much more than just attraction or sexual. Plus Selina is probably someone that would just have sex with men to get what she wants, and probably steal from them before they wake up, and she escapes.

I think Bruce certainly has the best connection and chemistry with Selina. Their first two intereactions (Selina's introudction at the manor, and the dance scene between them) just shows how much they're alike and how much chemistry they have with each other. Selina tells Bruce a bit of her life, during the ball scene, and Bruce obviously sees some simiarlites between them, and believes there's clearly more to her than being a thief. Yes, for a while Selina doesn't seem to have any real interest in Bruce, but that's because she's judging him for who she and bascially the whole entire world think he really is, a inresponsible selfesh playboy that has become a cripple and recluse. Like he says to her at the ball dance, she's assuming a bit too much, and that means his playboy act over the years has clearly work, LOL. But, there's definitely attraction at this point, and notice she makes the move on both kisses. And she even demands on kissing him even with so little time left before they all die. And other than her having a close relationship with Holly (certainly not sexual at least in my eyes, more mentor related), I didn't see her being more into women than men. I mean yes she didn't show much interest in the men she intereacted with in this movie expect for Bruce, but that's because she's a really guarded person and doesn't take **** from men or women, especially men attractred to them or not. Sadly, we didn't get to know much of her past, but we can be sure it's a dark one, and one where i'm sure she's been badly treated by bad men, especially when she was younger which is what leads her to being so defensive, and why she has a bit of a selfesh personailty. Like Bruce and maybe even more than him, she clearly doesn't trust easily. When Selina saw Bruce for who he really is, and how wrong she was about him, she started feeling a mutal connection between them, which was obvious when they saw each other again when Bruce got back to Gotham.

I can see why people would say Bruce had a deeper connection with Rachel, but I disagree. At least where Bruce is now at his life, I definitely think he shares more simllarities and connection with Selina than any other woman at least that we saw in this trilogy, and their similarities and connection are greater than any of the ones he ever shared with Rachel if you ask me. Both are very strong individuals that have many issues, and are very guarded due to their past, but can overcome those issues together something Bruce would have struggled doing with Rachel, or any other normal woman. At least that's how I see it and why I would definitely go with Selina.

And I just love how throughout the first half of the movie, Alfred & Lucius basically try to throw Miranda onto Bruce, but right when they see Selina, it's like they competely change their mind, and decide that she's actually a better potential companion for Bruce, It's like, "Never mind I actually like this girl better, she definitely gives you a run for your money" haha. And the fact that Lucius goes as far to label Selina as his girlfriend even after Bruce had a nice (well actualy cheesy lol) exchange with Miranda, makes it even funnier lol.

I agree that their relationship could have been expanded a little more, but this movie was meant to be more of a build up I think between them rather than a big on-screen romance since they already had lots of characters, and tried to make Miranda seem like the real love interest throughout almost the whole movie. Which is why I love reading some of the fanfictions out there of post TDKR, because the writers seem to know these two characters so well, and developed them so well without any rushing.

You Look Better in Pearls (This one would actually make an awesome fourth movie, if only Heath Ledger was still alive, RIP)-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8379371/1/You-Look-Better-In-Pearls.

Pieces-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8358599/1/Pieces

Last edited by #1nolanfan; 10-29-2012 at 11:47 PM.
#1nolanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #114
Fudgie
Banned User

How many chicks in Bruce's life made him give up on a normal life for 8 years? Love her or hate her, Rachel got closer to Bruce emotionally than any other gal. She was a big cause of the bust up between Alfred and Bruce over the letter Alfie burned in TDK.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #115
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
How many chicks in Bruce's life made him give up on a normal life for 8 years? Love her or hate her, Rachel got closer to Bruce emotionally than any other gal. She was a big cause of the bust up between Alfred and Bruce over the letter Alfie burned in TDK.
But remember, Bruce went into hiding three years prior to the start of TDKR because of his failed clean energy project. He was still out there in the world for at least five of those eight years.

I'd have Rachel and Selina neck and neck, really. But I'd give the edge to Selina because she was the spark that ignited Bruce to come out of his self-imposed exile. Not only that, but she also gave him the chance to start a new life, fresh without the burden of his demons in Gotham City.

Positive emotions always trump negative emotions.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #116
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Bruce only thought he wanted Rachel because she was (admittedly) his oldest friend. But even she didn't understand the depth of his anger and his brokenness. She obviously knows about it, but she didn't understand it. In the end, she can't even believe that he'll ever move on. That's a pretty terrible conclusion to come to with a close friend.

I actually thought that in TDKR, he only got with Miranda because she lectured him like Rachel used to do. He didn't even really notice that he was having fun banter with Selina!

Selina comes to understand where Bruce is coming from, that's the main difference between her and Rachel. And I think that understanding is why the deepest connection is between Selina and Bruce.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #117
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post

You Look Better in Pearls (This one would actually make an awesome fourth movie, if only Heath Ledger was still alive, RIP)-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8379371/1/You-Look-Better-In-Pearls.

For that, Adaptation is better

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8344110/1/Adaptation

to those who love Nolanverse characterizations in Dark Knight triolgy

the author has got Selina, Bruce,Alfred,Blake and other characters down so well that it's like The Dark Knight Rises is still playing on, just in reader's head. The way she gives Selina depth, the way she articulates her inner fears, out emotions, is so very well done

she did a wonderful job in developing their relationship and characters in a very believable way.and a great grasp of the characters(Hathaway&Bale)' s facial features, voices,dialogue and motives.

also,the author has a talent with words, storytelling and writing combined.and she seamlessly blends sex, fluff, danger, jokes and a domestic home life all together.

rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #118
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
But remember, Bruce went into hiding three years prior to the start of TDKR because of his failed clean energy project.
That had nothing to do with him never trying to look for a normal life again after Rachel died because he thought she was the only one for him. No woman got to him more than Rachel did.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #119
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I still find it amusing on how Gordon gave Bruce and Selina a moment alone right before they ended up kissing without really knowing (as far as the film had shown) the extent of their relationship with each other at first.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #120
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
That had nothing to do with him never trying to look for a normal life again after Rachel died because he thought she was the only one for him. No woman got to him more than Rachel did.
That's a good point. But again I think that shows you how much he idealize his future with her, and when she died, he never tried moving on because he thought they would eventually be together if she was still alive. I don't think he ever realizes this until Alfred finally tells him the truth about Rachel's letter. I agree that no woman in this trilogy ever got to him as much as Rachel yet, but I don't think that really means he had the deepest connection with her besides knowing her the longest, and I definitely think no woman ever impressed him more than Selina seemed to .

I really like fan fiction, Adaption, but I personally enjoy You Look Better in Pearls more and I think it now might be my favorite post TDKR since it's completed, but has a sequel coming .

#1nolanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #121
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
For that, Adaptation is better

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8344110/1/Adaptation

to those who love Nolanverse characterizations in Dark Knight triolgy

the author has got Selina, Bruce,Alfred,Blake and other characters down so well that it's like The Dark Knight Rises is still playing on, just in reader's head. The way she gives Selina depth, the way she articulates her inner fears, out emotions, is so very well done

she did a wonderful job in developing their relationship and characters in a very believable way.and a great grasp of the characters(Hathaway&Bale)' s facial features, voices,dialogue and motives.

also,the author has a talent with words, storytelling and writing combined.and she seamlessly blends sex, fluff, danger, jokes and a domestic home life all together.
Only read the first page, but the thought of Selina finding Bruce on the beach after he ejected from the Bat (although it's unclear exactly when he ejected) suddenly brings to mind the image of Selina waiting alone on the shore with the batpod, hoping for him to show up.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #122
J0k3r
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I still find it amusing on how Gordon gave Bruce and Selina a moment alone right before they ended up kissing without really knowing (as far as the film had shown) the extent of their relationship with each other at first.lol
I think Gordon tried to approach Batman when he was connecting the bomb with The Bat, but when he saw Selina getting closer and when she started to speak, I think he got there was something more in that situation. She arrived in the batpod, something from Batman's arsenal, only him used something of Batman before . And she was another person in Gotham wearing some kind of costume using his stuff, he maybe thought they at least knew each other. I even think if Gordon knew Selina was the cat burglar after, he never would arrest her because Batman probably trusted her as trusted in him.

Last edited by J0k3r; 10-30-2012 at 06:09 PM.
J0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #123
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
I agree that their relationship could have been expanded a little more, but this movie was meant to be more of a build up I think between them rather than a big on-screen romance since they already had lots of characters, and tried to make Miranda seem like the real love interest throughout almost the whole movie. Which is why I love reading some of the fanfictions out there of post TDKR, because the writers seem to know these two characters so well, and developed them so well without any rushing.

I clearly did not have anything better to do tonight, so I actually read through those two, and also Adaptation. Golly, I have not read fan fiction since middle school.

You Look Better in Pearls was my favorite since it was the most plot-reasonable, but there are still things about it I didn't like. Prefer Pieces' Bruce just showing up at Selina's apartment and thinking it's funny, instead of him stalking her throughout Italy. I mean, hello Mary Sue! And poor Blake being sexiled in his own apartment! He deserves better. Although Pieces has a pretty weak Selina for the rest of it.

I had to skip through the numerous very descriptive sex scenes in Pearls though, although I liked the general plot, and wondered if it was possible to go through an entire chapter without a single sex scene. I don't think I did. And then on Chapter 20 the author writes a note about how her husband stole thousands of dollars from her bank account and cheated on her with a dude and I'm like, "OMG that explains SO MUCH. " Well, and it's also kind of sad.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #124
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
That's a good point. But again I think that shows you how much he idealize his future with her, and when she died, he never tried moving on because he thought they would eventually be together if she was still alive. I don't think he ever realizes this until Alfred finally tells him the truth about Rachel's letter. I agree that no woman in this trilogy ever got to him as much as Rachel yet, but I don't think that really means he had the deepest connection with her besides knowing her the longest, and I definitely think no woman ever impressed him more than Selina seemed to .
Dunno if I'd say Selina impressed him the most. He was always saying he thought there was more to her than what she showed, even though she betrayed him to Bane.

Yup agreed that finding out about Rachel's letter was the boot up the ass to make Bruce get over his hang up on losing his one chance for a normal life.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #125
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Selina.

Bruce and Rachel had puppy love. She still cared for him when he came back, but it was more as a friend. She spent all of TDK (until she died) trying to let Bruce down gently that she moved on. While Bruce and Selina had few, if any, real romantic scenes, they had an instant connection that, surprisingly for Nolan, felt real and genuine.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote