Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #51
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
exactly what I said some comments before, lol
I've already mentioned it before

Speaking of mentioning it before has this been posted yet? It's from Comicon so it has to have been?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 10-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #52
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

X-men: Days of future past I -- move the release date to Holiday 2014 (after Peter Jackson et al unceremoniously stole their prime July release date)
X-men: Days of future past II -- Summer 2015

Oh and film in Vancouver
If they start filming in January 2013, they can release part I at the end of 2013 and part II Summer 2014. I feel if they do a good job with part I they can draw in the audience to go against that hobbit movie with part II.

With the signing of the contract, I think everything is pretty much set with the script and what not.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #53
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

After being pretty underwhelmed by First Class, this is literally the best case scenario for a sequel. Bryan Singer returning, original cast appearances and a great story to jump from. Very excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Only one more thing to confirm to gain my full endorsement and excitement...

"James Marsden confirmed to return as Scott Summers." That would make this everything it needs to be.

So happy to see Singer is back.

-R
That would certainly be the icing on the cake.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #54
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Hopefully its the line-up from DOFP:

HUGH JACKMAN
HALLE BERRY
ELLEN PAGE
DANIEL CUDMORE
and IAN McKELLEN

A good line up and it would be faithful to comics.
Although maybe Famke and Patrick will fill the Rachel and Franlin richards roles

Can't wait for Dofp

Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #55
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Only one more thing to confirm to gain my full endorsement and excitement...

"James Marsden confirmed to return as Scott Summers." That would make this everything it needs to be.

So happy to see Singer is back.

-R
I agree. They've talked about Cyclops in regards to possible First Class sequels so I hope they are keen on having Marsden return as Cyclops in DoFP.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #56
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Heart palpatations! Heart palpatations!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #57
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Can't say I'm not excited

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Is news I have been waiting for.Bryan Singer directing Days of future Past.And a great deal of original cast returning Is great news as well.Things has been going on.They just haven't announced It.Iam Mckellan Visiting the set of Mocking Bird Lane suggests he talked to Singer then.It would be something If Mckellan Is In 2 big films opening on same day.Now we have to wait to find out which ones are returning.

It will be Intresting to see Did Matthew Vaughn and jane Goldman work on script or did Simon Kinberg write script himself based on Vaughn and Singer's treatment.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
NanaT
X-Men United!

I hope that Fox don't bring everyone back they need to show that the apocalyptic future had serious consequences on the x-men and that some of them have died. If they bring everyone back it won't have the same impact.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #60
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I agree. They've talked about Cyclops in regards to possible First Class sequels so I hope they are keen on having Marsden return as Cyclops in DoFP.
I am fully confident that if Singer wants Marsden back, Singer can get him back.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a VERY large role. Like he deserves.

-R

Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #61
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I hope that Fox don't bring everyone back they need to show that the apocalyptic future had serious consequences on the x-men and that some of them have died. If they bring everyone back it won't have the same impact.
yes, Im worried about this too. And some fans dont seem to notice this at all.

Not all the original cast should be brought back. 4 x-men would be fine for me. more Magneto. But 6 would be too much already.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #62
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yes, Im worried about this too. And some fans dont seem to notice this at all.

Not all the original cast should be brought back. 4 x-men would be fine for me. more Magneto. But 6 would be too much already.
Yes four or five seems like enough. Bring back maybe two or three character that were there in the comics as a homage (Hugh, Halle, Daniel, Ian or Ellen) and the others should be those that serve the adapted storyline. (possibly patrick, famke, rebecca)

Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #63
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Singer directing means you can bank on McKellen back.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #64
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I agree.

Just Imagine the drama of seeing Mckellan's magneto In Internment camp with collor on to Inhibet powers.Magneto back to where he was as a boy as we saw at begining of X-Men/First Class.Hopefully a good scene between him and Patrick Stewert.It will be Intresting to see If Rebecca Romijn Is back In this film and Is seen even powers Inhiberated she remains at Magneto's side.

I also am hoping for a Magneto Vs Sentinles moments after he Is free of collar.In comic It is hinted he gives his life so other X-men can escape from camp.In film I expect them to have a more action packed escape from Internment camp.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #65
BMM
Side-Kick

Great point about McKellen's Magneto back in an internment camp.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #66
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I agree.

Just Imagine the drama of seeing Mckellan's magneto In Internment camp with collor on to Inhibet powers.Magneto back to where he was as a boy as we saw at begining of X-Men/First Class.Hopefully a good scene between him and Patrick Stewert.It will be Intresting to see If Rebecca Romijn Is back In this film and Is seen even powers Inhiberated she remains at Magneto's side.

I also am hoping for a Magneto Vs Sentinles moments after he Is free of collar.In comic It is hinted he gives his life so other X-men can escape from camp.In film I expect them to have a more action packed escape from Internment camp.
agreed. hopefully this will be the answer to The Hobbit. The spectacular action coupled with the return of the original cast. I can just picture WB f***ing off with the Hobbit and moving it back to its december release date

Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #67
Sun_Down
Groovy

This is phenomenal. X1 and X2 will always be so special to me because they got me back into comics. They're the reason I found this website (check my Join Date!). Absolutely cannot wait.

Seeing the pics of the old cast got me all nostalgic, I hope we get to see some of them reprise their roles.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #68
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm hoping if they do Sentinels in this movie that they don't look like the Slinky/Kinder Surprise/Transformers amalgam from the X2 concept art. I'd prefer they were simply just big robots like the comics and don't start of as big eggs and transform into robots.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #69
Angamb
Banned User

personaly I dont think older Mystique should be on this right sequel.

would be a bad contrast to have a baddass old Mystique with the body and face of Rebecca and then a less impressive Mystique in the 60's. All the respect to Jen, I love her as an actress.

Id like some x-men on the future more one or two new supporting roles. To have only x-men and magneto would be unrealistic.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #70
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
This is phenomenal. X1 and X2 will always be so special to me because they got me back into comics. They're the reason I found this website (check my Join Date!). Absolutely cannot wait.

Seeing the pics of the old cast got me all nostalgic, I hope we get to see some of them reprise their roles.
Hopefully we will. Who would be your top three to return.
Mine are: Famke (jean), halle(storm) and James(Cyclops)

Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #71
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm hoping if they do Sentinels in this movie that they don't look like the Slinky/Kinder Surprise/Transformers amalgam from the X2 concept art. I'd prefer they were simply just big robots like the comics and don't start of as big eggs and transform into robots.
I don't think we have to worry about that. The key word is X2. Those concepts are 10 years old. The landscape of CBM's is vastly different from where they were 10 years ago. Singer, Vaughn, and the studio understand this.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #72
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I certainly hope so.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #73
Marvin
Side-Kick

Singers last film means he needs to earn my excitement.
His last couple actually. Maybe this jack and the bean stock will win me over.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #74
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Don't forget days of future Past earlier was mentioned having a 175 Million Budget.It might go even higher.Singer made X-Men for 75 Million and X2 for 110 Million.This Is first time he has budget that Is equal to what other studios are spending on superhero films.He IS also going to have more time to do this film even If doesn't go Into production till April or May.
X-Men started filming In Late September 1999 and wrapped early february 2000(Hugh Jackman started work In late october and Ian Mckellan finished scenes In December so he could spend Christmas In London before reporting to New Zealand to start work On Lord of the Rings) and he had to get film completed by end of June.He started filming X2 In middle of June 2002 and wrapped Late december 2002 and had to get film completed by april 2003.So he will have more time to finish than he did On X-Men and X2.He also had writers continue to work as filming was going.In fact he decided to do setup for Phoenix and Jean sacrificing herself while they were filming.And he keep that devolpment mostly under wraps till film premiered even arranging a production still to mislead audence.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #75
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

This has been a great day... Singer directing DoFP and Episode 7 coming out is fantastic news! I'm in the mood for a sexy party.

Closed Thread