The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,853
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Just because Disney wants something, doesn't mean Fox or Sony will sell it at a price that isn't laughable. As for the Star Wars issue, bear in mind that owning the whole IP extravaganza means more than just the ability to make movies. Disney will probably pay off the costs of buying LucasArts in a couple years on merchandise alone.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #27
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,137
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

We are back on Fox because fans don't like Fox and fans want the Marvel properties at Fox back at Marvel.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

The only question I have, seriously, is whether or not all this means that Disney will add new "districts" to Disney World for Marvel and Star Wars attractions.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why? Because it's a Marvel property. If you are Disney, you want to have the film rights to all the properties you own back under your banner.
Not to mention Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, the Negative Zone and the other characters that make up like 2/3's of the Comic Marvel universe.

Ideally these missing pieces combined with what Marvel already has could be par with the Starwars universe in properly handled via GotG. But since they couldn't get F4 from Fox Disney said "F** it! Lets just take Starwars from them then."

LOL ya should've dealt Silver Surfer and Gallactus when they offered it FOX!

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 21,814
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Not to mention Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, the Negative Zone and the other characters that make up like 2/3's of the Comic Marvel universe.

Ideally these missing pieces combined with what Marvel already has could be par with the Starwars universe in properly handled via GotG. But since they couldn't get F4 from Fox Disney said "F** it! Lets just take Starwars from them then."

LOL ya should've dealt Silver Surfer and Gallactus when they offered it FOX!
Did Fox own Star Wars before? Was Lucas Films a subsidiary of it?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,887
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Doom And Vader together at last. Pixar has to make it happen.
lol Doom and Vader in Toystory 4. Just like there going to have Zeingif, Bowser, and M. Bison in Wreck it Ralf.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants
Loki: i have an armyTony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #32
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
Will they have revenue to BUY the Xmen and Fantastic Four from FOX????



this acquisition news just has my mind all OVER the place, forgive me if this question sounds stupid.
1) Just because George Lucas was willing to sell Lucas Arts, that doesn't mean that Fox is willing to sell the movie rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four. Nobody has to sell anything if they don't want to sell it.

2) They just spent $4 BILLION. Would they really be able to afford another major purchase? Particularly one like Fantastic Four which won't see anywhere near the kinds of returns that they'll be getting off of Star Wars?

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #33
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,923
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Did Fox own Star Wars before? Was Lucas Films a subsidiary of it?
No, lucasfilms was privately owned by george it just had distribution deals in place with fox. Not unlike marvel studios had with paramount for the brief period it was independent.

George could have offered fox the rights to buy lucafilms but he saw disney as a better fit.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #34
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Simple, X-Men and Fantastic Four are worth way more in the long-run than 4 billion dollars. Fox is a gigantic conglomerate, George Lucas is one guy. 4 billion for one person is a massive amount of money. It's 4000 times more than my father earned in his entire life. 4 billion dollars for a corporation that can easily make that with 2 X-Men films is nothing.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #35
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,971
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
Simple, X-Men and Fantastic Four are worth way more in the long-run than 4 billion dollars. Fox is a gigantic conglomerate, George Lucas is one guy. 4 billion for one person is a massive amount of money. It's 4000 times more than my father earned in his entire life. 4 billion dollars for a corporation that can easily make that with 2 X-Men films is nothing.
Are you serious? The entire X-Men film series hasn't even made $2 billion yet. Star Wars is a far more valuable property than X-Men and Fantastic Four.

The reason why 20th Century Fox isn't selling those rights is because they really don't have a lot of blockbuster tentpoles and need some franchises to remain viable.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #36
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,971
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well, Marvel just need to concentrate on acquiring FF first. As for Spidey, well if Sony were in trouble, then maybe Disney can buy Sony (or at least take a few properties off their hands including Ghost Rider).
I don't see Disney buying Sony Pictures. The two companies just don't have matching strategies and the Sony Pictures library just doesn't isn't compatible with the Disney library the way Marvel Studios, the Muppets Studio, and Lucasfilm do.

However, considering the financial problems that Sony is under, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony either team up with Disney on the Amazing Spider-Man 2 in order to reduce the cost burden (which Sony is starting to do) or sell the film rights to Spider-Man (along with the home video rights to the Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets from Space) to Disney.

Ghost Rider, Disney will just probably let those rights revert, there's no need to pay money for the rights that Sony most likely has no desire to use anymore anyways.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Are you serious? The entire X-Men film series hasn't even made $2 billion yet. Star Wars is a far more valuable property than X-Men and Fantastic Four.

The reason why 20th Century Fox isn't selling those rights is because they really don't have a lot of blockbuster tentpoles and need some franchises to remain viable.
I was figuring in DVD sales and foreign box office and TV licensing and such. You're actually wrong on the other 5 not making 2 billion, the numbers add up to at least that. Those are just grosses, though, that's true, it's not counting the money to make the films.

My main point was not that Star Wars isn't more valuable in the long run than X-Men and Fantastic Four. It's that X-Men and Fantastic Four are worth way more than 4 billion dollars in the long-run. They are hardly going to be bought for 4 billion dollars. The only reason it was possible is Lucas is a single person to whom 4 billion dollars is more money than can be spent in a lifetime. If a corporation had owned Star Wars it would never have sold for 4 billion dollars. Star Wars is worth far more than that.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #38
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
I was figuring in DVD sales and foreign box office and TV licensing and such. You're actually wrong on the other 5 not making 2 billion, the numbers add up to at least that. Those are just grosses, though, that's true.

My main point was not that Star Wars isn't more valuable in the long run than X-Men and Fantastic Four. It's that X-Men and Fantastic Four are worth way more than 4 billion dollars in the long-run. They are hardly going to be bought for 4 billion dollars. The only reason it was possible is Lucas is a single person to whom 4 billion dollars is more money than can be spent in a lifetime. If a corporation had owned Star Wars it would never have sold for 4 billion dollars.

The X-Franchise has only made $1.89 billion worldwide, over five films. The FF films brought in $619 million. In contrast, Marvel's Avengers franchise has score $3.8 billion worldwide for six films. Star Wars has earned $4.53 billion for its six films and the various re-releases and special editions. (Figures from boxofficemojo.com)


Beyond the box office numbers, one has to consider the profit potential of the merchandising that flows from these properties. Star Wars merchandising is a ticket to print money. Disney probably saw a lot of untapped potential there that made their moths water. With the combination of films, cartoons, future TV series, theme parks, toys and games, Star Wars will earn Disney many times what the company spent to acquire it.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #39
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The X-Franchise has only made $1.89 billion worldwide, over five films. The FF films brought in $619 million. In contrast, Marvel's Avengers franchise has score $3.8 billion worldwide for six films. Star Wars has earned $4.53 billion for its six films and the various re-releases and special editions. (Figures from boxofficemojo.com)


Beyond the box office numbers, one has to consider the profit potential of the merchandising that flows from these properties. Star Wars merchandising is a ticket to print money. Disney probably saw a lot of untapped potential there that made their moths water. With the combination of films, cartoons, future TV series, theme parks, toys and games, Star Wars will earn Disney many times what the company spent to acquire it.
You guys seem to really be missing my argument. Like that entire second paragraph there is pointless. It has nothing to do with what I'm saying, except maybe to illustrate my point?

Fox is not going to give one of their biggest competitors two tent-pole franchises for 4 billion dollars. It's not going to happen. The argument has nothing to do with the value of Star Wars to Disney. It has to do with the value of X-Men and Fantastic Four to Fox. They have potential profit-making possibilities far in excess of 4 billion, much like Star Wars has potential profit-making possibilities far in excess of 4 billion.

This is assuming that Fox is in good financial shape, of course. 4 billion today might mean more to them than 15 billion over twenty years or something.

It's also assuming the ability to parlay the X-Men franchise or Fantastic Four franchise into the same money-making franchise as the Avengers and its various franchises. Clearly it is POSSIBLE to do. Your scenario would presume that Disney is willing to spend 4 billion dollars on the two franchises with plans to make far more than that with them, right? So the franchises have the potential to be money-makers the same as the Avengers. The only thing is that Fox has failed to do so with them...so far.

It is far more likely that they will hedge on being able to create similarly successful films with the two franchises and make money in the same way Disney has, not that they will sell them for a quick cash influx.

EDIT: Let me put it this way--this thread makes the comparison that the two franchises, X-Men and Fantastic Four, combined together, are of the same potential value as Star Wars. So either that is devaluing Star Wars or simply making a comparison of two things of equal worth. So which side of the coin are you guys coming from? If you think it is devaluing Star Wars to compare its value to X-Men+Fantastic Four we basically agree that Disney will not buy X-Men and Fantastic Four, if for different reasons, so let's let it rest at that.


Last edited by Baramos; 11-01-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #40
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,136
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

I'm kind of late to the part so I have questions and sorry if any have been answered:

1) Disney bought the entire Star Wars rights from Lucas?
2) Does George Lucas have any input on future SW projects?
3) Does Disney hold rights on merchandising too?
4) Would Disney be able to release the original pre-special editions of SW?
5) So FOX will no longer release SW movies?

__________________
Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #41
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,800
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Does this mean Disney owns the Indiana Jones franchise as well? What would they even do with that?

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #42
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Does this mean Disney owns the Indiana Jones franchise as well? What would they even do with that?

Disney does own Indiana Jones, too. What would they do with it? Well, there are a variety of ways in which they can use the character in films, cartoons, TV shows, comics and at their theme parks. They could go the Young Indy route again and tell untold tales of his early years. Or they might use him in cartoons; Disney XD has already been mentioned as the future home of Star Wars cartoon series. (Joey Q and Loeb are drooling at the prospect of another series to destroy.)


A rebooted film series might be anathema to some fans but I wouldn't rule that out in the long term. Huge media conglomerates are not above trashing classic characters in the search for returns on their investments.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #43
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,887
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I'm kind of late to the part so I have questions and sorry if any have been answered:

1) Disney bought the entire Star Wars rights from Lucas?
2) Does George Lucas have any input on future SW projects?
3) Does Disney hold rights on merchandising too?
4) Would Disney be able to release the original pre-special editions of SW?
5) So FOX will no longer release SW movies?
1. They went beyond by the rights to Star Wars. They bought Lucasfilm.
2. George Lucas is on board as a consultant to future Star Wars films.
3. They own EVERYTHING!!
4. Yes
5. Yep

The Future of Star Wars Movies
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants
Loki: i have an armyTony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-01-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #44
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,853
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

. . .in what world are the X-Men and FF movie rights worth even close to $4B? I like comic book movies and all, but almost nothing approaches the value of Star Wars. Particularly because Disney bought *all* the Star Wars rights: movies, TV, cartoons, video games, toys, clothing. Everything.

If all of Star Wars ( plus a bunch of other minor things like ILM! ) are worth 4B, than I guarantee you, the actual value two far smaller movie IPs, which only include associated merchadising specific to the movies? Aren't worth 4B.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #45
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
. . .in what world are the X-Men and FF movie rights worth even close to $4B? I like comic book movies and all, but almost nothing approaches the value of Star Wars. Particularly because Disney bought *all* the Star Wars rights: movies, TV, cartoons, video games, toys, clothing. Everything.

If all of Star Wars ( plus a bunch of other minor things like ILM! ) are worth 4B, than I guarantee you, the actual value two far smaller movie IPs, which only include associated merchadising specific to the movies? Aren't worth 4B.
So you're saying Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Star Wars and its various franchising rights in order to...break even? Not to make a profit? That would be pretty stupid business management, wouldn't it? I assume they will be making something like 20-30 billion dollars with Star Wars over the next few decades.

It was worth 4 billion dollars to George Lucas. He doubled his net worth instantly. He's getting old and looking to retire from big film making and make personal projects. That's why he sold Star Wars for significantly less than the franchise is worth. That's why I doubt Disney could repeat the same thing with these two franchises for only 4 billion dollars: they're worth more than 4 billion dollars to Fox.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #46
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,971
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
I was figuring in DVD sales and foreign box office and TV licensing and such. You're actually wrong on the other 5 not making 2 billion, the numbers add up to at least that. Those are just grosses, though, that's true, it's not counting the money to make the films.
No, the math actually states that the X-Men film franchise has not crossed $2 billion, that's including foreign box office. Actually, the X-Men film franchise is actually showing diminishing returns for Fox currently.

Quote:
My main point was not that Star Wars isn't more valuable in the long run than X-Men and Fantastic Four.
No they're not. You're wrong. Dead wrong.

Quote:
It's that X-Men and Fantastic Four are worth way more than 4 billion dollars in the long-run.
The film rights to X-Men and the Fantastic Four are not worth more than $4 billion dollars. Marvel bought all of Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion, film rights to two franchises that are not at their strongest are not worth $4 billion.

Quote:
They are hardly going to be bought for 4 billion dollars.
Disney would never even consider offering them $4 billion. Hell, I doubt they would even consider $1 billion. Why offer 20th Century Fox any money when it's possible that they can get the Fantastic Four rights back for free and with the way the X-Men continue to perform (diminishing returns) 20th Century Fox just might end up giving up on the franchise (that's a big might though).

Quote:
The only reason it was possible is Lucas is a single person to whom 4 billion dollars is more money than can be spent in a lifetime. If a corporation had owned Star Wars it would never have sold for 4 billion dollars. Star Wars is worth far more than that.
Star Wars is worth more than $4 billion (the $3 billion in merchandising alone proves it). I'll give you that. It's obvious IMO that Lucas sold Star Wars on the cheap because he genuinely wanted to retire.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #47
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
You guys seem to really be missing my argument. Like that entire second paragraph there is pointless. It has nothing to do with what I'm saying, except maybe to illustrate my point?

Fox is not going to give one of their biggest competitors two tent-pole franchises for 4 billion dollars. It's not going to happen.
If you haven't noticed by now. The people at Disney have proven the power to "make things happen".

It was no coincidence that Mark Millar started his little song and dance on the very same day that Daredevil's movie rights reverted. He did it to appease Fox's share holders/News Corp/etc. Thrust me, he was talking to them just as much as he was the "General Audience" since losing DD rights was a huge loss.

So just because they "don't want to hand over the rights" doesn't mean they won't. Disney could put pieces into play that could make releasing a FF movie rather difficult. (See Hobbit 3) Which would make spending 150 mill on a reboot unrealistic.

And thus selling the rights back to Marvel for a hansom fee vs just letting them revert back like DD did.

Plus you don't seem to be aware of how desperate Marvel was when they licensed the rights to Fox in the first place. People say pay FOX homage for giving comic book films a change but it was to my understanding that Avi Arad had to practically beg them and in doing so Fox and Sony saw blood in the water and capitalized on it considerably via a 90/10 split in box office revenues. (Actually more like 93/7% before renegotiations where made)

So turnabout would be fair play now wouldn't it....?


Last edited by YoungPrime; 11-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #48
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,971
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
So you're saying Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Star Wars and its various franchising rights in order to...break even? Not to make a profit? That would be pretty stupid business management, wouldn't it? I assume they will be making something like 20-30 billion dollars with Star Wars over the next few decades.
Except he's not saying that at all. He's saying that the film rights aren't even close to being worth $4 billion. Disney paid $4 billion for all of Lucasfilm (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ILM, Skywalker Sound, etc.). What makes you think that film rights to two movie franchises are worth $4 billion? There is literally no basis for your assumption.

Quote:
It was worth 4 billion dollars to George Lucas. He doubled his net worth instantly. He's getting old and looking to retire from big film making and make personal projects. That's why he sold Star Wars for significantly less than the franchise is worth. That's why I doubt Disney could repeat the same thing with these two franchises for only 4 billion dollars: they're worth more than 4 billion dollars to Fox.
Except they're not worth more than $4 billion to 20th Century Fox. The Fantastic Four films have been financial underperformers and X-Men is a franchise of diminishing returns. Not only that, but that is some seriously faulty logic. I can say that my house is worth $4 billion to me, doesn't mean that it's actually worth that.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #49
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,423
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Can't wait to see Episode 7 to 9!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #50
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe
 
kaijunexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
. . .in what world are the X-Men and FF movie rights worth even close to $4B? I like comic book movies and all, but almost nothing approaches the value of Star Wars. Particularly because Disney bought *all* the Star Wars rights: movies, TV, cartoons, video games, toys, clothing. Everything.

If all of Star Wars ( plus a bunch of other minor things like ILM! ) are worth 4B, than I guarantee you, the actual value two far smaller movie IPs, which only include associated merchadising specific to the movies? Aren't worth 4B.
Exactly!

If Disney WERE to buy back X-Men and Fantastic Four from Fox, I imagine it would be for something like 400 to 500 million. Definitely nowhere even near a billion.

__________________
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.