The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #701
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

^^^

That sounds totally contrary to what snyder says they are trying to do with MOS.

He says they are presenting a more grounded superman so in one movie you go from a world reacting to a man more powerful than anything they could imagine to that super-powerful man actually not being powerful enough and needing backup?

I say keep things separate for now, it will just hurt what MOS had in mind.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #702
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

It's not like complaining about it is going to help now. WB's still going through with JL.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #703
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Superman saves the day, but along the way realizes that even he can't do everything alone?

All Snyder has to do is setup a reference to say Braniac and maybe Lex toward the end of MOS and that would be a good enough set up for JL....possibly.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #704
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
That sounds totally contrary to what snyder says they are trying to do with MOS.

He says they are presenting a more grounded superman so in one movie you go from a world reacting to a man more powerful than anything they could imagine to that super-powerful man actually not being powerful enough and needing backup?
On the other hand, Snyder is staying tight-lipped on questions about MOS sequels and about JL. The phrase "getting his [Superman's] house in order" could mean several things. But I'm positive WB has discussed both sequels to MOS and using Cavill's Superman in a theoretical JL film with Snyder.

You guys forget that actors like Cavill (and most of the MOS cast) are contracted with the studio, and not who is directing the film per se. If WB decides to pull the trigger on a JL film, they'll enforce those options on which cast members they want in the film. Same thing with the GL cast if they decide to keep the original actors too.

This JL film happens, Cavill will be involved. Period. WB won't want to confuse audience members by casting a different actor for the JL Superman.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #705
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It's not like complaining about it is going to help now. WB's still going through with JL.
I was talking about trying to shoe-horn JL into MOS. MOS was in development long before JL was given a set date, so to try and add it in just now as some cheesy tie-in would seem lame and hurt potentially both films.

Let Snyder finish MOS as how he intended to.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #706
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
This JL film happens, Cavill will be involved. Period. WB won't want to confuse audience members by casting a different actor for the JL Superman.

Exactly!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #707
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I was talking about trying to shoe-horn JL into MOS. MOS was in development long before JL was given a set date, so to try and add it in just now as some cheesy tie-in would seem lame and hurt potentially both films.

Let Snyder finish MOS as how he intended to.
I understand, but WB's not going to have two different Supermans. I can also bet that JL won't be seen as a cheesy tie-in.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #708
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
^^^

I say keep things separate for now, it will just hurt what MOS had in mind.
I don't see that as necessarily true. ESPECIALLY if Superman is more grounded, he'll realize he needs help.

I'm not saying build the MOS story around setting up JL. Really just a scene or line at the end referencing other heroes, or even just the broad idea of a team up, would do the trick.

World says, "Holy cow, this guy can do anything." Supes says to himself, "Holy cow, I barely got out of that one. I wonder what I'll do next time?" More grounded, right? Really, you kind of made the argument for me.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #709
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't see that as necessarily true. ESPECIALLY if Superman is more grounded, he'll realize he needs help.

I'm not saying build the MOS story around setting up JL. Really just a scene or line at the end referencing other heroes, or even just the broad idea of a team up, would do the trick.

World says, "Holy cow, this guy can do anything." Supes says to himself, "Holy cow, I barely got out of that one. I wonder what I'll do next time?" More grounded, right? Really, you kind of made the argument for me.
No, grounded in the senses that this is the story of one man and his effect on the world and the world's effect on him. I think something like the avengers or JL is the opposite of what this movie is trying to be about.

I mean just take a look at the teaser for MOS to get a sense. If they want to use cavill for JL that's fine that's their business but again shoehorning in some JL mention into Snyder's work last minute seems cheap and if WB has/had more respect for snyder they wouldn't think of it.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #710
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
No, grounded in the senses that this is the story of one man and his effect on the world and the world's effect on him. I think something like the avengers or JL is the opposite of what this movie is trying to be about.

I mean just take a look at the teaser for MOS to get a sense. If they want to use cavill for JL that's fine that's their business but again shoehorning in some JL mention into Snyder's work last minute seems cheap and if WB has/had more respect for snyder they wouldn't think of it.
Really they just need a quick mention, one line would do it. Even a post-credit scene.

I don't honestly care if they do anything, but I find it interesting that you are so adamantly against it.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #711
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

Well, Avengers shoehorned a crap load of stuff and fanboys seem to eat their crap up for doing those type of things. It's tedious to me, but fanboys and the general movie public seem to eat that crap up apparently.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #712
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Really they just need a quick mention, one line would do it. Even a post-credit scene.

I don't honestly care if they do anything, but I find it interesting that you are so adamantly against it.

I don't care if they do anything like that either, but it can be done rather easily if WB's and Snyder decide to do so.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #713
Project862006
Banned User

well this is interesting
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...2.story?page=2

Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #714
Sun_Down
Groovy

"Fiercely loyal, he stuck with "300" director Zack Snyder through three subsequent flops and then handed him the keys to next year's Superman reboot "Man of Steel.""

Yup.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #715
mclay18
Side-Kick

Does anyone else think WB won't pull the trigger on further 2014 and 2015 titles until they announce Barry Meyer's successor next year? That behind-the-scenes drama with Robinov, Rosenbloom and Tsujihara could be causing that dearth of 2014 pics... they only have four titles set thus far, while their rivals have at least several more scheduled.

Whoever gets that prized chairman position... be it Robinov or the other two, will decide whether to go full-steam on JL or a MOS sequel. If Robinov gets the job, I think JL will be a high priority for him.

Does anyone think WB might try something bold, like a JL movie in summer 2015 (as LA Times already reported) and maybe a MOS sequel the following year? Anything's possible...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #716
shauner111
Side-Kick

I don't. It's unnecessary with JLA.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #717
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetspike123 View Post
I wish they would do solo films first.
I think they were planning to do that, but they changed up their strategy after the Green Lantern backlash.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #718
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Indeed.Wb pretty much has no choice but to go with the spinoff approach despite it being less ideal.The failure of Green antern and Marvel kicking their ass pretty much forces this upon them.

I dont really see the imporatance of why Mos must have a reference to JL at all.Many of the references in Marvel solo movies were misses and a lot werent utilized on.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #719
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Green Lantern was much more important than they seemed to realise. It could & should have been an Iron Man. If it had even got close JL's success would be a shoe in, Avengers or no.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #720
shauner111
Side-Kick

They dont need to give a wink at JLA in the new Superman.

The solo movies before Avengers were pretty horrible. Well maybe 1 or 2 out of 5 were decent. But i'd rather not sit through that with the DC movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Green Lantern was much more important than they seemed to realise. It could & should have been an Iron Man. If it had even got close JL's success would be a shoe in, Avengers or no.
Thank god it bombed, for that reason especially. I don't want JL to be some exact replica of the Avengers premise. I dont want Green Lantern to be the Iron Man of this. They need to do things differently from Avengers, be more original WB.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #721
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Avengers needed build-up to establish an interest in their characters. Nobody knew any of their characters besides the one audiences didn't care much for anymore. Justice League has Batman and Superman. Putting them onscreen together will get asses in seats regardless. That's when you add in Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, or whoever else and get people interested in them through Black 'n Blue. Come for the World's Finest stay for the spin-offs.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #722
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Avengers needed build-up to establish an interest in their characters. Nobody knew any of their characters besides the one audiences didn't care much for anymore. Justice League has Batman and Superman. Putting them onscreen together will get asses in seats regardless. That's when you add in Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, or whoever else and get people interested in them through Black 'n Blue. Come for the World's Finest stay for the spin-offs.
I think a JL movie can very much succeed without solos after all it has Bats and Supes.But there is no doubt in my mind it will have succeeded a whole lot more with solo movies leading up to it.

The appeal of seeing JL movie without solos-Bats and supes
The appeal of seeing JL movie with solos-Bats,supes,flash,GL,WW.

look at both and you can see why the solo movie approach is superior.The plus side is that with the spinoff approach is that its means the spinoff movie are less likely to fail financially(that doesnt mean theyll be good though).

The other problem the spinoff aproach has is establsihing the various mythologies of each hero in the same universe with one go.For example Establishing Wonderwoman mythos and Green lantern in the same universe and having them interact normally.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #723
Blackman
C'mon Son

Can we please not talk about lead ins vs no lead ins. It's been talked to death in several other threads

Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #724
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Can we please not talk about lead ins vs no lead ins. It's been talked to death in several other threads

Youre right.Is there a proper thread for this

Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #725
Blackman
C'mon Son

i dont know if there is a specific one i just know it gets brought up and argued about in what feels like every thread

Closed Thread