The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America 3

Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #76
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Crossbones

Actually I answered my own question with this next picture. Link below.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...OF_EVIL_01.jpg

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #77
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Time for Grillo to start getting on the juice.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #78
Surfer

Personally I would like to see them combine some of the Masters of Evil characters with some of the Acts of Vengeance characters.

So essentially combine this: http://www.marvelarchive.com/images/cards/1_105-f.jpg

of course minus anyone that currently has rights with other studios.

with some of this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...49/Detail4.jpg

and add maybe a few other characters like Crossbones to round out the roster and I think the Avengers would be in trouble.

That would be the Masters of Evil I would like to see.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #79
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

That seems more like the Hood's gang to me.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #80
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Chances are the movie Masters will be an assortment of whatever villains they can spare, much like the movie Howling Commandos had 2 out of 7 members who were actually Howling Commandos.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #81
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Actually I answered my own question with this next picture. Link below.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...OF_EVIL_01.jpg

Surfer
That's House of M --- an alternate universe. (Notice that Stark is allied with Roxxon in that cover.)

It doesn't count.

In 616, Crossbones has never been in the MoE. Lately, he's been recruited by the Thunderbolts, but the T-Bolts haven't been associated with the MoE for decades.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #82
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's House of M --- an alternate universe. (Notice that Stark is allied with Roxxon in that cover.)

It doesn't count.

In 616, Crossbones has never been in the MoE. Lately, he's been recruited by the Thunderbolts, but the T-Bolts haven't been associated with the MoE for decades.
Okay, thanks for letting me know, because while I love the characters and still try to follow their stories when I can, I really haven't collected comics for a while so my knowledge of characters or what is considered in continuity can sometimes be incorrect or outdated.

Surfer

Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #83
Chewy
REDACTED

Thought: Maybe Crossbones is taking over Lukin's role in the story (pulling WS's strings)

I know we're all assuming that's Zemo's role in this, but who knows at this point

Last edited by Chewy; 11-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #84
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Shame Renner isn't onboard for Cap. Crossbones sounds like a decent match-up for Hawkeye.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #85
Superhero 101
DESI

yeah maybe he can cameo in Thor 2

Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #86
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I smell a hint of MoE lurching about...

Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #87
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Thought: Maybe Crossbones is taking over Lukin's role in the story (pulling WS's strings)

I know we're all assuming that's Zemo's role in this, but who knows at this point
That could be. I hope not though.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #88
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The odds of the Masters of Evil being the villains of Avengers 2 just skyrocketed. There is no way Crossbones is appearing without his master, whoever that is. . . and if either Red Skull or Zemo is appearing, its almost certainly to lead a team of supervillains out for revenge.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #89
TikkiEXX
Side-Kick

wonder how theyll do the mask? think they might go with the army of 2/jack baur masks. those look pretty sweet. see a lot of different masks in the military nowadays shouldnt be too hard

TikkiEXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #90
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Okay, so the radio host guy Matthew Aaron apparently upset Marvel when he said that Frank Grillo will be in other Cap movies and The Avengers sequel. After tweeting the following, he said on his radio show sadly that he was sorry to Marvel and his ("hopefully still") friend Frank Grillo.

Quote:
I'm retracting any info I've given attaining to Marvel in the last two weeks. I'm not sure my source is that solid, anymore. I apologize.

I did not mean to mis-lead anyone. That was not my intention. I thought I had reliable inside information and to my credibility, I may not.

As a "journalist" (which I'm not), I still should have checked my sources better and confirmed things. However, Marvel is a tight-lipped...

Ship and would not confirmed anything if asked. So I apologize to @marvel and anyone else that was involved in my erroneous rumors. Sorry.

To CLARIFY. I have a source in Manhattan Beach and @marvel, however Frank Grillo never stated he was going to be in Avengers... my faulty

source did. I take complete blame for not covering my ass regarding my said source, he/she knows I'm taking a hit for this and I apologize.

I'd craft a better statement, but I'm not that good of a 140 character writer. Sorry to @Marvel and my friends at Marvel under a microscope.
https://twitter.com/MattAaronShow

Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #91
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Mebbe, but Crossbones doesn't strike me as a string-puller. He's muscle, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Okay, so the radio host guy Matthew Aaron apparently upset Marvel when he said that Frank Grillo will be in other Cap movies and The Avengers sequel. After tweeting the following, he said on his radio show sadly that he was sorry to Marvel and his ("hopefully still") friend Frank Grillo.

Yeah, Crossbones showing up for TA2 didn't make much sense. Even from the MoE angle....everybody seems to be envisioning the MoE the same way they're envisioning the Avengers, as just an "all-star" team that'll recruit anybody and everybody with super powers. Truth of the matter is that the MoE has been very selective over the decades, and its roster contains a whole ****load of minor/forgotten villains that even die-hard comic book geeks wouldn't recognize.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #92
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I smell a hint of MoE lurching about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The odds of the Masters of Evil being the villains of Avengers 2 just skyrocketed. There is no way Crossbones is appearing without his master, whoever that is. . . and if either Red Skull or Zemo is appearing, its almost certainly to lead a team of supervillains out for revenge.
that's what i am thinking, as like thanos minions

Quote:

https://twitter.com/MattAaronShow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Mebbe, but Crossbones doesn't strike me as a string-puller. He's muscle, plain and simple.

Yeah, Crossbones showing up for TA2 didn't make much sense. Even from the MoE angle....everybody seems to be envisioning the MoE the same way they're envisioning the Avengers, as just an "all-star" team that'll recruit anybody and everybody with super powers. Truth of the matter is that the MoE has been very selective over the decades, and its roster contains a whole ****load of minor/forgotten villains that even die-hard comic book geeks wouldn't recognize.
Yeah. Idk though, I mean, maybe he still will appear? He didn't wxactly say he WONT appear in it. *shrugs*

Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #93
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
that's what i am thinking, as like thanos minions

Yeah. Idk though, I mean, maybe he still will appear? He didn't wxactly say he WONT appear in it. *shrugs*
Maybe....depends on how many films they've got Grillo signed for. Marvel Studios has a tendency to give multi-film contracts to everyone except Iron Man villains (who have a tendency to get killed in their debut; sorry, Mandarin).

Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #94
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
He was the husband, right? (movie was a lot better than I expected)
Right!

It had a good cast. Jamie King, Iceman, Rigg and Gus from SAW II, Jessica from True Blood, and the ever graceful Rebecca De Mornay (all I could do was chant "You still got it!)

Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #95
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

I still kind of think he'll be in The Avengers. I think that's part of the reason Marvel were so upset with him. And that Matthew is pretty much trying to retract what he said to make Marvel happy. Of course, Marvel could just be upset about Grillo confirming he'll be in multiple movies.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #96
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I still kind of think he'll be in The Avengers. I think that's part of the reason Marvel were so upset with him. And that Matthew is pretty much trying to retract what he said to make Marvel happy. Of course, Marvel could just be upset about Grillo confirming he'll be in multiple movies.
That's what I was thinking

Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #97
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nah.

Crossbones as a big bad instead of an enforcer? Can't see it.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #98
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Well, if the Red Skull truly isn't coming back then they might rework Crossbones as something of a fanatical successor. That, of course, would likely draw comparison's to Nolan's version of Bane taking over for Ra's (and it wouldn't help that the two characters look very similar). But that could be the direction they're headed.

Also, check out the trailer to Lay the Favorite. Grillo is in it briefly, and he's already looks JACKED.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #99
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think its much more likely that Crossbones will just switch masters, to whatever the Big Bad of Cap 2 turns out to be. Hopefully Zemo.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #100
Fives
Side-Kick

I think Crossbones is a good personal villain for Cap so I wouldn't mind seeing him appear in at least another film. Hopefully they don't kill him off at the end of TWS so he can come back later causing trouble for Cap somehow.

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote