The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #76
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: 5th anniversary for Spider-Man 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The Iron Man series could end up being exactly like Men In Black, not even joking. The sequels were a downgrade, but the third films could bring the series back up a notch or two.
I've never really seen the MIB films, so I can't really comment on that, but one thing I heard about how impressive IM3 looks is that it looks to be as good as most franchise/trilogy's second film. But the second film was as bad as a third film usually is.
Quote:
Equally flawed?

Well, I needed a great laugh, but then again, this IS Opposite Day so I suppose TDKR isn't equally flawed

Needless to say though....TDKR was meant with mostly positive reviews while S-M 3 was meant with mediocre reviews which was mostly negative and we know how RT viewed the two films as well.
I don't even think you need to look at RT scores. Just by word of mouth, when ASM came out, a lot of people assumed it was a sequel and were not excited. Yet with TDKR, people knew that it would be the last but still want to see another sequel.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #77
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yes, Men in Black 3 was actually very well done and just blows the second film out of the water, which I could see the same being with Iron Man 3, but just much better as the Men in Black films were never really, really good.

And as for a sequel to TDKR...while I really loved the film, I was actually not hoping for a sequel because a trilogy is just perfect. If anything, thought TDKR should have received a second part because of the stupid IMAX time limit being a factor and you could tell.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #78
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

First Men in Black film is amazing

The more I watch Spider-Man 3 the movie, the more I focus on these as cons:
  • What made MJ sing?
  • Failing to sing made her completely useless for stage? No one mentioned her role as Emma Rose, no one criticized her voice in that play, or any unseen play
  • Peter saying "Spider-Man was attacked all the time". No he wasn't, people always cherished him
  • Peter ripping the symbiote off of him when he could just toss the alien in a locked box away
  • How the heck does Bernard know so much about the Goblin tech? And the glider blades? I'm sure he didn't know how to open the mirror door.
  • Eddie heads to Sandman "We'll kill Spider-Man" and Sandman agrees with all his heart "YES". He pounds Spider-Man nearly to death, then tells Peter he didn't want to kill or see anyone die, Spidey forgives him and he flies away

Giant Sandman is meant to be a monster, look like a monster, what's the point of talking? All he'd say is "DIE SPIDER-MAN, YOU MISERABLE INTERLOPER", and all kinds of cheesy lines people would complain about more. The scene with the cops he'd say "LEAVE ME ALONE". All those lines would only stem more complaints about how useless they are, besides, Sam made monster movies, it's part of his specialty, makes sense to not make giant Staypuff Sandman (credit to The Joker for providing the name) talk and keep him monster (a nice nod to Sam's previous work, by Sam himself). The thing it's as James Rolfe said, everything will get people to complain

Last edited by Spider-Aziz; 12-12-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #79
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
The Iron Man series could end up being exactly like Men In Black, not even joking. The sequels were a downgrade, but the third films could bring the series back up a notch or two.
I feel like Iron Man 3 is going to have "too much" in it.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #80
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

IDK if we can judge Iron Man 3 yet. I think after Iron Man 2, they are going to try not to cram so much into the movie... hopefully. Other than the first Iron Man film, I don't think the MCU handles its solo movies very well. I think TIH did a better job than IM2, Cap, and Thor, even though it has the lowest ratings.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #81
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I feel like Iron Man 3 is going to have "too much" in it.
Yah, I sorta feel the same way, especially that haul of potential villains that are in the comics(Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, Maya Hansen could become a villain, Eric Saven(Coldblood), Jack Taggert(Firepower)) so that idea is a realistic one, but I just have a feeling that Marvel Studios learned their lesson with Iron Man 2 and even with so many characters, they know they need to have an understanding plot which could lessen the idea of there being too much going on.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote