The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #676
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

I didn't think AB was too harsh of a voice on these boards personally. He just had a strong opinion he favored. Then again I haven't seen everything he/she posted but I quite enjoyed hearing about the Arronofsky script.

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #677
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,935
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

I only read his/her posts through quotes because he/she has been on my ignore list for over a year. Ah well.

JP is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #678
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,722
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Yea..... Ive been on the hype for over a decade and alexei is the only person ive really ever placed on ignore. Theres times where he looks like hes just voicing an opinion... But he also trolls that opinion excessively

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #679
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,822
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
For nearly two years of near constant trolling people? No way.
Exactly. I think we have gotten reports from people about him almost weekly, and he constantly talked down to everybody who didn't agree with him. It's been clear to me for a while that he was never going to change, and that these same discussions we have been having with him for years were never going to change, so I stand by my decision.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #680
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,266
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

I like it when people are nice to each other and discuss the things we love even with different opinions, there is no reason to troll just because a difference of opinion.

Wolverine is awesome! See, no trolling.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #681
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Lol, this is the most activity this thread has ever seen.


so yeah, how bout them snowy pics with the ninjas and stuff, huh?

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #682
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 66,296
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I like it when people are nice to each other and discuss the things we love even with different opinions, there is no reason to troll just because a difference of opinion.

Wolverine is awesome! See, no trolling.
This is me, too. I've been on the board for ages, disagreed with a great many people and yet, managed to do so without getting a single infraction ever. But it is the general fate of these threads that when a movie comes out that we're all passionate about, things spiral out of control for a select few that usually end up under the axe. Those that frequent the Bat boards know this all too well.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #683
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,434
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

I know it's totally off topic now, but for the record, I love the 90's X-Men: TAS theme song. An instrumental version of it would blow anything out of the water.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #684
psyonic
X-Man
 
psyonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Exactly Whiskey, he has had 2 years worth of warnings, plenty of time for anyone to see the error of their ways.



The problem was you were rude and obnoxious in "expressing yourself" and that isn't acceptable here. Bamf was very lenient with you given what a huge pain you were, and insubordination is simply the technical term for learn to quit while you are ahead, something I see you are still struggling with. The infractrion for inapproriate language was because we have a censor here, when you bypass it you get infracted, the fact you couldn't grasp this is not our fault. 95% of the posters on this site log in each day and have civil dicussions with never a bit of bother, but there are always wannabe johnny rebels who think they are within their rights to talk down to and harrass other posters, ignore the rules and then whine that they are victimized when they are punished.
I bet if I called you a "huge pain" and took jabs at you, like what you're doing to me now, you would have a fit. If I unknowingly bypassed whatever censor this board utilizes, how is that my fault? The system failed to filter it out and I get an infraction for it? A verbal warning would have been appreciated but the fact that Bamf doesn't like me, he/she gave me an infraction.

Also, it seems that if one moderator is offended, the whole lot of moderators rush in and automatically scrutinize the so-called offender. Yes, this is victimizing. A fair moderator does not take a side, they should present an unbiased stance/attitude and resolve the conflict between the two parties, not join in on the argument. A decent moderator would not make their dislike of members known. This is not "insubordination" on my part. I've been on these boards for quite some time, although I don't post often, I read pretty much every post. I've never talked down or insulted anyone. I recognize when people are being treated fairly or unfairly, and when I point this out, I am labelled a "huge pain".

psyonic is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #685
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,695
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I bet if I called you a "huge pain" and took jabs at you, like what you're doing to me now, you would have a fit. If I unknowingly bypassed whatever censor this board utilizes, how is that my fault? The system failed to filter it out and I get an infraction for it? A verbal warning would have been appreciated but the fact that Bamf doesn't like me, he/she gave me an infraction.

Also, it seems that if one moderator is offended, the whole lot of moderators rush in and automatically scrutinize the so-called offender. Yes, this is victimizing. A fair moderator does not take a side, they should present an unbiased stance/attitude and resolve the conflict between the two parties, not join in on the argument. A decent moderator would not make their dislike of members known. This is not "insubordination" on my part. I've been on these boards for quite some time, although I don't post often, I read pretty much every post. I've never talked down or insulted anyone. I recognize when people are being treated fairly or unfairly, and when I point this out, I am labelled a "huge pain".
But if all of the moderators agree that someone is, in fact, being a huge pain, then they are infracted for it. Like we have stated repeatedly, Alexei's posts were constantly being reported. All of the moderators can see reported posts, and it's generally based on a consensus about what action is taken. Many times, no action is taken at all. A lot of times, the questionable posts are just deleted. Sometimes, the mod is even told to back off.

Keep in mind: most of us have infractions of our own.

Alexei's love of the Aronofsky draft wasn't the problem. I separated the topic to its own thread so the discussion could continue. It was his utter immature meltdowns towards anyone who disagreed with his views on anything (once again, not just on this forum, and his utter failure to stop regardless of countless warnings to stop that got him banned. The fault is his own.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #686
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 66,296
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I know it's totally off topic now, but for the record, I love the 90's X-Men: TAS theme song. An instrumental version of it would blow anything out of the water.
I was never a huge fan of it as is, but I would be receptive to hearing an updated version of it.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #687
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It would be nice to get a R rated version of the Wolverine but the best we could possibly hope If for a PG-13 theaterical version and a Unrated DVD/Blu-Ray like Hugh jackman once
suggested.
I also remember that he wouldn't have minded doing a PG-13 release and a Rated-R release too theater wise.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #688
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,820
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I bet if I called you a "huge pain" and took jabs at you, like what you're doing to me now, you would have a fit. If I unknowingly bypassed whatever censor this board utilizes, how is that my fault? The system failed to filter it out and I get an infraction for it? A verbal warning would have been appreciated but the fact that Bamf doesn't like me, he/she gave me an infraction.
They weren't jabs, they were the facts of your behaviour on this site and I don't have fits. Actually this part is quite funny, you are complaining about something you obviously can't even remember. You got a warning not a full infraction for using a crude word for vagina, so here you are fighting a case you don't even recall the facts to.

Quote:
Also, it seems that if one moderator is offended, the whole lot of moderators rush in and automatically scrutinize the so-called offender. Yes, this is victimizing. A fair moderator does not take a side, they should present an unbiased stance/attitude and resolve the conflict between the two parties, not join in on the argument. A decent moderator would not make their dislike of members known. This is not "insubordination" on my part. I've been on these boards for quite some time, although I don't post often, I read pretty much every post. I've never talked down or insulted anyone. I recognize when people are being treated fairly or unfairly, and when I point this out, I am labelled a "huge pain".
You read every post on a site this size? I highly doubt that unless it's all you do all day every day. There is no victimization, a fair mod does the job at hand and when some trouble making troll tries to sully a good mods name then you're right we will back up that mod and post openly on threads like these in front of posters, no backdoor stuff just the facts in the open. Mods have been given infractions if their actions cross a line, so please do not try to tell me what makes a decent mod since you are in no position to even begin to and are sticking your oar into a situation you know nothing about because you got a warning years ago, for something you don't even remember the details of. No it's not insubordination, it's just another one of that 5% who think they are not required to follow the rules and when called on it they whine and cry about how they are being picked on and make comments in the bold which are blatantly false.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #689
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick
 
DJ Kornphlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1


DJ Kornphlake is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #690
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,534
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post

Figs is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #691
runningman3000
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 63
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

New Pictures of Hugh on set in Homebush Bay!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1680354?page=1


runningman3000 is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #692
psyonic
X-Man
 
psyonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
They weren't jabs, they were the facts of your behaviour on this site and I don't have fits. Actually this part is quite funny, you are complaining about something you obviously can't even remember. You got a warning not a full infraction for using a crude word for vagina, so here you are fighting a case you don't even recall the facts to.



You read every post on a site this size? I highly doubt that unless it's all you do all day every day. There is no victimization, a fair mod does the job at hand and when some trouble making troll tries to sully a good mods name then you're right we will back up that mod and post openly on threads like these in front of posters, no backdoor stuff just the facts in the open. Mods have been given infractions if their actions cross a line, so please do not try to tell me what makes a decent mod since you are in no position to even begin to and are sticking your oar into a situation you know nothing about because you got a warning years ago, for something you don't even remember the details of. No it's not insubordination, it's just another one of that 5% who think they are not required to follow the rules and when called on it they whine and cry about how they are being picked on and make comments in the bold which are blatantly false.
In my profile under infractions, there are two, one for "insubordination" and one for "inappropriate language" dated March 17 2011 and May 24 2011, so no, I didn't get a verbal warning from Bamf, it was an infraction for something the system failed to filter out, so I still don't see how I was at fault.

If you want to get technical, it wasn't "years ago", don't make it sound like I'm remembering inaccurately and yes, I read enough posts on these boards to see which mods cross the line. You even confirm my point that some mods cross the line. Members don't call out mods just to sully their "good" names. There are professional mods here doing a good job, and then some that are unfair and insist that members are being a "huge pain" when they get called out.

psyonic is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #693
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,822
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
In my profile under infractions, there are two, one for "insubordination" and one for "inappropriate language" dated March 17 2011 and May 24 2011, so no, I didn't get a verbal warning from Bamf, it was an infraction for something the system failed to filter out, so I still don't see how I was at fault.

If you want to get technical, it wasn't "years ago", don't make it sound like I'm remembering inaccurately and yes, I read enough posts on these boards to see which mods cross the line. You even confirm my point that some mods cross the line. Members don't call out mods just to sully their "good" names. There are professional mods here doing a good job, and then some that are unfair and insist that members are being a "huge pain" when they get called out.
You never received infractions. You received 2 warnings for 2 seperate offenses. I just looked at this myself to confirm it, and Hunter is right about this. I don't know exactly what happened in your situation. Warnings and infractions would be viewable in same place, so I can see your confusion, but you're wrong.

I honestly don't know exactly what went on when you received your warnings, but in any case, you don't have much history with infractions, hence why Bamf gave you warnings instead of infractions. I think the fact Bamf issued you warnings as opposed to infractions debunks your theory. The "power abusing mod" would have just gone the extra mile and infracted you, instead of using the formal warning process. I'm not saying mods never step out of line, as it has happened. But I am saying that in the case of Alexei, he wasn't a victim of mod power abuse. He was a victim of being a jerk to almost everybody.

That said, can we please discuss Wolverine now?

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #694
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,695
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
In my profile under infractions, there are two, one for "insubordination" and one for "inappropriate language" dated March 17 2011 and May 24 2011, so no, I didn't get a verbal warning from Bamf, it was an infraction for something the system failed to filter out, so I still don't see how I was at fault.

If you want to get technical, it wasn't "years ago", don't make it sound like I'm remembering inaccurately and yes, I read enough posts on these boards to see which mods cross the line. You even confirm my point that some mods cross the line. Members don't call out mods just to sully their "good" names. There are professional mods here doing a good job, and then some that are unfair and insist that members are being a "huge pain" when they get called out.
OK, psyonic, this isn't the place to drag out an argument over an old infraction. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to contact any mods or administrators of your choice, and it will be re-reviewed.

None of that has anything to do with why Alexei was finally banned. We've explained the reasons why it happened, of which there were many. If you don't like those reasons, that's too bad. This is a message board, these things really make no difference to anyone in real life.

But this has gone wildly off-topic, and it's time to end it here. Please take it to PMs if you wish to continue it.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #695
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,695
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman3000 View Post
New Pictures of Hugh on set in Homebush Bay!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1680354?page=1

Oh hey, look! Wolverine stuff!

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #696
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,786
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

That scene immediately reminded me of the scene from the first X-Men film.


__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #697
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 22,695
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Lots of claws and ninjas in that slideshow.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #698
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,786
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Thank goodness for actual claws instead of those horribly shoddy CG ones from Origins. Yuck.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #699
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 18,994
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That scene immediately reminded me of the scene from the first X-Men film.

Who was it that was complaining about his jacket. I love this jacket.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #700
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,227
Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
No, you're attitude is what brings attention to you. You bully people on here and think yourself invincible.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden Smith
Green White And Blue Make Dreams Come True.
#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.