The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
What difference would that make. Old Bane only won because Batman was older and out of shape.
A younger Bane makes a huge difference, believe me. He was like almost in his sixty’s


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Batman still kicked his ass in round 2.
Batman still got his ass handed to him up till he hit Bane's mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yeah except Bruce spent years travelling the world fighting and mixing with criminals. Ra's still called him his greatest student. So Bruce's training and performance was better than Bane's.
It does not mean he is a better fighter. Ra's might not consider Bane his greatest student because of Bane's extreme methods, such as nuking himself inside of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Bane was breathing through a gas mask to stay alive. He was physically weaker than Batman. He only beat Batman because he was 8 years out of shape and practice with a strap on his leg.

Easy pickings.
You will never no thats true. you're just assuming things and I highly doubt you're right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Ra's matched him physically. Ra's was his trainer. If you're trainer can't match you then nobody can.
Are you talking about Bane or Batman? Style makes matches. For example in MMA .... Fighter A can beat fighter c but will lose to Fighter B while Fighter C can easly beat fighter B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Bane only ever wins against Batman when he is at a disadvantage. Same in Knightfall. He knows he can't beat him in a fair fight.
You sound like a bitter fanboy, It's all up to the writers

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
A younger Bane makes a huge difference, believe me. He was like almost in his sixty’s
I don't believe you. He could be in his 20's in the pit.

Quote:
Batman still got his ass handed to him up till he hit Bane's mask.
Ehhh no he wasn't. The fight was even steven.

Quote:
It does not mean he is a better fighter.
When a ninja trainer says you're his best student it means you're the best fighter.

Quote:
You will never no thats true. you're just assuming things and I highly doubt you're right.
So says the one who said Bane was in his 60's in this flick. I know it's true because the movie has Alfred banging on about how Bruce wasn't what he used to be. Strapping up his leg and putting on the suit didn't make him the Batman he was. He had to rain himself back up in the pit to be in the shape he was years ago then he handed Bane his ass.

Simple.

Quote:
Are you talking about Bane or Batman?
Batman. He matched Ra's on the train. Ra's was his trainer. Batman is a better fighter.

Quote:
You sound like a bitter fanboy, It's all up to the writers
You sound like the bitter fanboy. The writers of Knightfall had Bane win because Batman was wrecked from being sick and wrecked from fighting all the villains in Arkham that Bane broke out. Fact.

Batman in TDKR was 8 years out of practice, used a cane like an old man, and needed a leg strap to get by without the cane. He was a rusty shell. Alfred even said so. The Doc in the hospital said Wayne's body was wrecked. That's why Bane whupped him. Batman trained himself up in the pit, came back and whupped Bane. Fact.

That's how the writers wrote it. Now who's the bitter fanboy?

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,063
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

I think historically Bane has definitely gotten the upper hand on Batman due to catching him at some kind of disadvantage (Knightfall and TDKR)

However, if they were to ever have a rematch in the comics where Bane was to beat Batman in a fair fight, it would't really bother me. Especially in the comics where Bane pretty much has the advantage with venom.

In fact, in episode 2 of The Batman (which depicts a young Batman at full health), Batman walks into a fight with Bane right in the middle of the streets with no prior physical disadvantage and gets his ass handed to him. Thrown into a brick wall, has some bones broken and can't move, needs Alfred to pick him up and put him back together. Actually a pretty decent episode to watch with TDKR in mind, there are parallels there.

But yeah, obviously it depends how the writers approach it. It's not unfathomable that Bane could beat a young and healthy Batman fair and square.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-24-2012 at 07:25 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #29
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
I don't believe you. He could be in his 20's in the pit.



Ehhh no he wasn't. The fight was even steven.



When a ninja trainer says you're his best student it means you're the best fighter.



So says the one who said Bane was in his 60's in this flick. I know it's true because the movie has Alfred banging on about how Bruce wasn't what he used to be. Strapping up his leg and putting on the suit didn't make him the Batman he was. He had to rain himself back up in the pit to be in the shape he was years ago then he handed Bane his ass.

Simple.



Batman. He matched Ra's on the train. Ra's was his trainer. Batman is a better fighter.



You sound like the bitter fanboy. The writers of Knightfall had Bane win because Batman was wrecked from being sick and wrecked from fighting all the villains in Arkham that Bane broke out. Fact.

Batman in TDKR was 8 years out of practice, used a cane like an old man, and needed a leg strap to get by without the cane. He was a rusty shell. Alfred even said so. The Doc in the hospital said Wayne's body was wrecked. That's why Bane whupped him. Batman trained himself up in the pit, came back and whupped Bane. Fact.

That's how the writers wrote it. Now who's the bitter fanboy?

1. How old is Talia? Her age is a good idication of how old Bane is. Bane could be in his fifties almost in his sixties.


2. I agree but Bane was slightly winning the fight till Batman hit his mask.


3. ninjitsu is unconventional warfar. It's more than hand to hand combat.
Sometimes the best fighters make the worst trainers and the worst fighters make the best trainers. Get out in the real world and train in mma. you will understand this logic.


4. Again I am using a educated guess because of talia's age. You are just making a fanboy comment, no offence. Sure you may be right, but you have nothing to back it up.

5. Batman lost the fight actualy.


6. Like I said before its all up to the writers.

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #30
Omegabat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
I don't believe you. He could be in his 20's in the pit.



Ehhh no he wasn't. The fight was even steven.



When a ninja trainer says you're his best student it means you're the best fighter.



So says the one who said Bane was in his 60's in this flick. I know it's true because the movie has Alfred banging on about how Bruce wasn't what he used to be. Strapping up his leg and putting on the suit didn't make him the Batman he was. He had to rain himself back up in the pit to be in the shape he was years ago then he handed Bane his ass.

Simple.



Batman. He matched Ra's on the train. Ra's was his trainer. Batman is a better fighter.



You sound like the bitter fanboy. The writers of Knightfall had Bane win because Batman was wrecked from being sick and wrecked from fighting all the villains in Arkham that Bane broke out. Fact.

Batman in TDKR was 8 years out of practice, used a cane like an old man, and needed a leg strap to get by without the cane. He was a rusty shell. Alfred even said so. The Doc in the hospital said Wayne's body was wrecked. That's why Bane whupped him. Batman trained himself up in the pit, came back and whupped Bane. Fact.

That's how the writers wrote it. Now who's the bitter fanboy?
Believe what you want but Bane was most certainly in his mid 50's.

For all we know,Bruce was only the greatest student because of his obedience to Ducard as opposed to Bane who was hitting on his daughter.That statement is ambiguous and Bane did'nt even exist when BB came out.It means nothing and that's not how fights work,infact no skill works like the way you're making it look like.
A>B>C does'nt mean A>C.

I've said it before,Bruce's so called injuries did not hinder his performance.Can you actually show evidence of him struggling? or performing worse than he did in BB and TDK? Nope.All you guys can go by is OMG his leg is effed up(which kicked down bricks,a better showing of strength than anything he did in BB and TDKR)

Bane wrecked him the recent TDK series(which is terrible but still),he also barely lost in Legacy.

On topic,the rules are the same.Bane has a glaring weakness,if Bruce exploits it then he wins does'nt matter if it's BB or TDK or TDKR.But Bruce cannot win in a straight up fight,Bane's strength,reflexes and brutality are unmatchable in the Nolanverse,unless you can show me some other character that happened to break cuffs,punch through concrete,choke a man to death with one hand,snap an armored man's back over his knee etc

BB Batman was a rookie,Bane at that point(9 and a half years ago) was not only in a better physical shape but he was also seasoned/experienced(the same reason why Ra's beat him and he was the only non fodder fighter Bruce had faced).Batman would have done worse than he did in TDKR.

In TDK Bruce never had a proper physical threat,how well he'd have done is almost impossible to determine.


Last edited by Omegabat; 11-01-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #31
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Believe what you want but Bane was most certainly in his mid 50's.
Give us your proof if it's so certain.

Quote:
For all we know,Bruce was only the greatest student because of his obedience to Ducard as opposed to Bane who was hitting on his daughter.That statement is ambiguous and Bane did'nt even exist when BB came out.It means nothing and that's not how fights work,infact no skill works like the way you're making it look like.
A>B>C does'nt mean A>C.
What kind of ninja master trainer calls someone his greatest student just because they do as they're told and not because they are the best fighters? Did ya think Ra's would have wanted Bruce to lead his men if he wasn't the best or be standing by his side saving the world?

Yeah your argument makes no sense mon ami. Greatest student means greatest student. There's no double meaning.

Quote:
I've said it before,Bruce's so called injuries did not hinder his performance.
Yeah that's why the Doc said he couldn't go skiing. If he is not fit to ski then do ya think he's fit to be fighting big muscle men terrorists?

Quote:
Can you actually show evidence of him struggling? or performing worse than he did in BB and TDK? Nope.
Yeah I can see him struggling. He's pounding on Bane and he's not getting anywhere. He even roars in frustration twice during the fight. He was whupped.

Quote:
All you guys can go by is OMG his leg is effed up(which kicked down bricks,a better showing of strength than anything he did in BB and TDKR)
Legs. Both legs. Doc said there was no cartilage in them.

Quote:
Bane wrecked him the recent TDK series(which is terrible but still)
What TDK series?

Quote:
he also barely lost in Legacy.
But he still lost.

Quote:
On topic,the rules are the same.Bane has a glaring weakness,if Bruce exploits it then he wins does'nt matter if it's BB or TDK or TDKR.
Yeah cos it was so easy to get at that weakness wasn't it. Not.

Quote:
But Bruce cannot win in a straight up fight,Bane's strength,reflexes and brutality are unmatchable in the Nolanverse,unless you can show me some other character that happened to break cuffs,punch through concrete,choke a man to death with one hand,snap an armored man's back over his knee etc
Batman never went to any of those extremes cos he doesn't kill people. When did ya see him needing to choke someone to death or put his fist through concrete or break out of handcuffs? If he had to you can bet he could have done any of that.

Quote:
BB Batman was a rookie,Bane at that point(9 and a half years ago) was not only in a better physical shape but he was also seasoned/experienced.Batman would have done worse than he did in TDKR
Ehhhh no. Being 8 years younger, fresh out of the LOS training school, and with no screwed up injured body, he's have had a much easier time on Bane than he did in Rises. Easily.

Quote:
In TDK Bruce never had a proper physical threat,how well he'd have done is almost impossible to determine.
It's not. TDK was only a few months after Begins. I told ya before, if he can take down Ra's on the train in a fair fight, and he's like the master trainer of the LOS, then what is Bane gonna do? Yeah get whupped like he did at the end of Rises. He knew he was whupped because he was gonna shoot a tied up Batman with a gun like the coward he is.


Last edited by Fudgie; 11-01-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #32
Omegabat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Give us your proof if it's so certain.



What kind of ninja master trainer calls someone his greatest student just because they do as they're old and not because they are the best fighters? Did ya think Ra's would have wanted Bruce to lead his men if he wasn't the best or be standing by his side saving the world?

Yeah your argument makes no sense mon ami. Greatest student means greatest student. There's no double meaning.



Yeah that's why the Doc said he couldn't go skiing. If he is not fit to ski then do ya think he's fit to be fighting big muscle men terrorists?



Yeah I can see him struggling. He's pounding on Bane and he's not getting anywhere. He even roars in frustration twice during the fight. He was whupped.



Legs. Both legs. Doc said there was no cartilage in them.



What TDK series?



But he still lost.



Yeah cos it was so easy to get at that weakness wasn't it. Not.



Batman never went to any of those extremes cos he doesn't kill people. When did ya see him needing to choke someone to death or put his fist through concrete or break out of handcuffs? If he had to you can bet he could have done any of that.



Ehhhh no. Being 8 years younger, fresh out of the LOS training school, and with no screwed up injured body, he's have had a much easier time on Bane than he did in Rises. Easily.



It's not. TDK was only a few months after Begins. I told ya before, if he can take down Ra's on the train in a fair fight, and he's like the master trainer of the LOS, then what is Bane gonna do? Yeah get whupped like he did at the end of Rises. He knew he was whupped because he was gonna shoot a tied up Batman with a gun like the coward he is.
The proof is right there,Bane was much older than Talia who's roughly about the same age as Bruce.If Bruce was in his late 30's then Bane was in his mid 50's

There you go making everything seem so simple,here let me rephrase it"Bane was hitting on his daughter and Ra's loathed him for it" how about that scene where Ra's lowers his head? Ra's disapproved of Bane right from the start,for reasons only known to him and apart from Bane there was'nt a single non fodder member of the League in this particular incarnation.
In the land of the blind even the one eyed man is king.

Who cares what the doc said? he clotheslined Bane's goon from a moving motorcycle,punched through anothers helmet,how he destroyed all those mercs twice before fighting Bane.

He's struggling against someone who he's never faced before,you keep using Bane as an example to show Batman's weakness? seriously.Where exactly before in this series did Bruce actually defeat a fighter of Bane's caliber? he lost to Ra's(the only other noteworthy fighter).This argument is meaningless,you're using Bane as a measuring stick against Bane himself.

The Dark Knight series by David Finch

He lost because he was on the receiving end of an explosion that levelled the building,and he was without venom.But still dominated most of the fight.

Seemed pretty easy to me.

Bruce never displayed that level of strength period and neither did anyone else,pretty sure he was screaming when forced to pull Ra's with one hand,Bane lifted Batman from his throat with one hand and walked around.

That explains why he got his a$$ kicked by Ra's,a guy much older than him.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #33
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
The proof is right there,Bane was much older than Talia who's roughly about the same age as Bruce.If Bruce was in his late 30's then Bane was in his mid 50's
What do ya mean he looked much older? He looked like he could be in his 20's in that very quick face shot in the pit. That ain't proof ya gave. That's just another opinion.

Quote:
There you go making everything seem so simple,here let me rephrase it"Bane was hitting on his daughter and Ra's loathed him for it" how about that scene where Ra's lowers his head? Ra's disapproved of Bane right from the start,for reasons only known to him and apart from Bane there was'nt a single non fodder member of the League in this particular incarnation.
In the land of the blind even the one eyed man is king.
How do ya know Bane was hitting on her? Talia said he loved her. That doesn't imply romantic love. He loved her like a protector. A paternal thing. The thing Ra's wasn't when Talia and his missus were stuck in that pit. That's why Ra's disliked Bane cos he reminded him of that. Talia said so.

So I says to you again when Ra's said Bruce was the greatest student he ever had, he was the greatest student he ever had. Simple. No catch.

Quote:
Who cares what the doc said?
Everyone who places a medical professional's opinion about the human body over a Bane fan's.

Quote:
he clotheslined Bane's goon from a moving motorcycle punched through anothers helmet
One clothes line and one punch. Whoop dee doo. What a show of strength.

Quote:
he destroyed all those mercs twice before fighting Bane.
Ehh no he didn't. First time he had help with Selina fighting with him and they didn't even win cos they were scared off by gun shots.

There was no second time before Bane broke him.

Quote:
He's struggling against someone who he's never faced before,you keep using Bane as an example to show Batman's weakness? seriously.Where exactly before in this series did Bruce actually defeat a fighter of Bane's caliber?
I know. Thanks for proving my point. He never did and he never did any fighting while his body was physically wrecked and out of shape after 8 years of doing nothing, and so bad that medical science said he shouldn't even go skiing.

Fact.

Quote:
he lost to Ra's(the only other noteworthy fighter).
No he didn't. He beat Ra's and Ra's dared him to kill him.

Quote:
This argument is meaningless,you're using Bane as a measuring stick against Bane himself.
What are ya talking about?

Quote:
The Dark Knight series by David Finch
Oh ya mean the new 52 Bane that is using a new version of venom that makes him even stronger and also makes him smarter as well?

Quote:
He lost because he was on the receiving end of an explosion that levelled the building,and he was without venom.But still dominated most of the fight.
Nope:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg10_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg11_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg12_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg13_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg14_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg15_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg16_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg18_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg20_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg21_super.jpg

Bane was not injured from any explosion, and he was not winning for most of the fight. He just got an upper hand at the end and Batman cleaned his clock.

Quote:
Seemed pretty easy to me.
If it was so easy then he would have done it in the first fight.

Quote:
Bruce never displayed that level of strength period and neither did anyone else,pretty sure he was screaming when forced to pull Ra's with one hand,Bane lifted Batman from his throat with one hand and walked around.
Bruce never had to display that kind of strength before and he was screaming pulling up Ra's cos he was just blown out of the LOS lair, fell down a hill, and then had to catch himself and Ra's at high speed using a sword with one hand.

Bane doesn't scream because he's doped up on pain killing gas. He doesn't feel it.

Quote:
That explains why he got his a$$ kicked by Ra's,a guy much older than him.
Ehhh Ra's never kicked his ass except when Bruce first arrived at the LOS lair in the mountains.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #34
Omegabat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
What do ya mean he looked much older? He looked like he could be in his 20's in that very quick face shot in the pit. That ain't proof ya gave. That's just another opinion.



How do ya know Bane was hitting on her? Talia said he loved her. That doesn't imply romantic love. He loved her like a protector. A paternal thing. The thing Ra's wasn't when Talia and his missus were stuck in that pit. That's why Ra's disliked Bane cos he reminded him of that. Talia said so.

So I says to you again when Ra's said Bruce was the greatest student he ever had, he was the greatest student he ever had. Simple. No catch.



Everyone who places a medical professional's opinion about the human body over a Bane fan's.



One clothes line and one punch. Whoop dee doo. What a show of strength.



Ehh no he didn't. First time he had help with Selina fighting with him and they didn't even win cos they were scared off by gun shots.

There was no second time before Bane broke him.



I know. Thanks for proving my point. He never did and he never did any fighting while his body was physically wrecked and out of shape after 8 years of doing nothing, and so bad that medical science said he shouldn't even go skiing.

Fact.



No he didn't. He beat Ra's and Ra's dared him to kill him.



What are ya talking about?



Oh ya mean the new 52 Bane that is using a new version of venom that makes him even stronger and also makes him smarter as well?



Nope:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg10_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg11_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg12_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg13_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg14_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg15_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg16_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg18_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg20_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...pg21_super.jpg

Bane was not injured from any explosion, and he was not winning for most of the fight. He just got an upper hand at the end and Batman cleaned his clock.



If it was so easy then he would have done it in the first fight.



Bruce never had to display that kind of strength before and he was screaming pulling up Ra's cos he was just blown out of the LOS lair, fell down a hill, and then had to catch himself and Ra's at high speed using a sword with one hand.

Bane doesn't scream because he's doped up on pain killing gas. He doesn't feel it.



Ehhh Ra's never kicked his ass except when Bruce first arrived at the LOS lair in the mountains.
Yeah he was in his twenties,but what about Talia? she's clearly much younger than him.The margin is huge,Bane is easily a decade older than her.Most likely 12-15 years,he's older than Bruce by the same margin.Making him anywhere between 50-55.

Whatever the reason but you yourself just said that Ra's did'nt like him,enough to kick him out.Good enough for me,Ra's feeling were clearly not objective and apart from Bruce and Bane everyone in thse League was fodder so Ra's opinion means nothing and where it was ever implied that Bane was his student? Ducard himself was young when he joined the League.They clearly existed before him,Ra's al Ghul is'nt one person,so Ducard may not have trained Bane to even begin with.

Yeah a medical expert in a movie about pain killing masks and back healing ropes

A clothesline from a moving bike.

You say as if Selina here is better than everyone and gun shots scared him even before TDKR,or are you forgetting all those stealth take downs in BB and him running for cover when Lau was shooting at him in TDK.

Ra's beat him,watch the movie again,Ra's was caught off guard while looking at the damaged controls.

Hey I said it was terrible

Um look at your own scans,if Bane escaped the explosion unscathed then why are his clothes and mask torn up? why is his body blackish? why is there smoke all over him?

Batman did'nt know at the time.

Does'nt matter,that gas is a part of him,he has shown to be clearly stronger and faster.

Bruce lost the train fight fair and square,you and I both know that.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

For some reason some of you can’t comprehend that Ninjutsu is Unconventional warfare.
It’s beyond hand to hand combat. The modern day ninjas are the modern special operators groups such as S.A.S. , Delta Force, Us Navy Seal Teams. This kind of style is very similar to Bane’s Mercenary army.

Ras was not referring to hand to hand combat when he told Bruce that he was his best student. Hell maybe Bane's approach to combat was too modern for Ras’s taste to be considered his best student.


Last edited by badgrammar; 11-02-2012 at 06:35 PM.
badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #36
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

I don't even know why posters are posting comic book prints of Bane getting beat.
I mean what is your point??? Does Joker win all the time? Give Bane a freaking break. The reason why people love Bane is because he is a non-superstitious physical challenge to Batman without being a dumb brute. Batman’s rough gallery lacks this kind of character. Now we have that Talon Villain, which is supposed to be Batman’s equal, but I can never get past the superstitious elements of that character. So bane is still my all time favorite Bat villian.

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #37
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

All by the way remember when Batman got knocked down by that Joker thug in the penthouse

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #38
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Yeah he was in his twenties,but what about Talia? she's clearly much younger than him.The margin is huge,Bane is easily a decade older than her.Most likely 12-15 years,he's older than Bruce by the same margin.Making him anywhere between 50-55.
Yep and Talia was about 8 years old. Add 12-15 years that's early 20's. Add 20 more years onto that and that's in his 40's.

Simple math is simple.

Quote:
Whatever the reason but you yourself just said that Ra's did'nt like him,enough to kick him out.
Yup he did. So he never even got to finish the training either.

What's the point ya are trying to make?

Quote:
Good enough for me,Ra's feeling were clearly not objective and apart from Bruce and Bane everyone in thse League was fodder so Ra's opinion means nothing and where it was ever implied that Bane was his student? Ducard himself was young when he joined the League.They clearly existed before him,Ra's al Ghul is'nt one person,so Ducard may not have trained Bane to even begin with.
Nope, if Ra's wasn't running the LOS then he could have excommunicated Bane could he. It wouldn't be his call if he wasn't running the show to decide who stays and who goes.

Ra's said Bruce was his greatest student. No escape from that fact.

Quote:
Yeah a medical expert in a movie about pain killing masks and back healing ropes
So what? How does that mean he was wrong about Bruce's condition? He's a doctor. What the hell did Nolan put that scene in the movie for except to tell the audience Bruce's body is in crap shape. Why was Alfred so opposed to Bruce being Batman, it was cos he wasn't in the physical shape to be the Batman he used to be. He said it himself that strapping up his leg and getting new gadgets doesn't make him what he used to be.

Nolan didn't put all that in for giggles. Bruce was a wreck. That's why Bane won the first fight. Like in Knightfall. Simple.

Quote:
A clothesline from a moving bike.
Wearing armor, too.

Quote:
You say as if Selina here is better than everyone
She was a kick ass fighter who could handle thugs as good as Batman. Point is Batman had help taking them on. He wasn't doing it alone.

Fact.

Quote:
and gun shots scared him even before TDKR,or are you forgetting all those stealth take downs in BB
He had nowhere to be stealthy on a big open rooftop. Different from a dock yard full of huge metal containers to hide around and in.

Quote:
and him running for cover when Lau was shooting at him in TDK.
Ehhh three of Lau's men in a dark office where he can duck and hide vs like 20 LOS men all armed. Standing out in an open rooftop with nowhere to hide. And Selina's ass to rescue, too.

Yeah that's the same. Not.

Quote:
Ra's beat him,watch the movie again,Ra's was caught off guard while looking at the damaged controls.
I saw the movie. Ra's got pulled onto the ground and defeated. He didn't fight back. He lay there and accepted his defeat.

Quote:
Hey I said it was terrible
Yup that's why it doesn't count.

Quote:
Um look at your own scans,if Bane escaped the explosion unscathed then why are his clothes and mask torn up? why is his body blackish? why is there smoke all over him?
There ain't no smoke on him. His body ain't blackish. His clothes are ripped cos he jumped through a window or something getting out to safety. If he was in the explosion he'd be charred and burned and dripping in blood.

Quote:
Batman did'nt know at the time.
Didn't know what?

Quote:
Does'nt matter,that gas is a part of him,he has shown to be clearly stronger and faster.
Yup it matters. You don't show pain if you don't feel it do ya? Easy when you're high on pain killing gas that makes ya numb to it.

Quote:
Bruce lost the train fight fair and square,you and I both know that.
Denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I don't even know why posters are posting comic book prints of Bane getting beat.
To show how he can be easily pwned when he's not fighting a weakened Batman like in Rises and Knightfall.

Quote:
Does Joker win all the time? Give Bane a freaking break.
Joker ain't going around saying he is better than Batman and can physically break him. Bane can only do that by cheating with unfair advantages. Then when he gets pwned he ties Batman up and tries to shoot him.

What a cowardly sore loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
All by the way remember when Batman got knocked down by that Joker thug in the penthouse
For like 5 seconds before nearly twisting the guys arm out of it's socket and pwning him.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #39
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,444
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
All by the way remember when Batman got knocked down by that Joker thug in the penthouse
All I know is that Bane was owned by two batpod cannons driven by a woman wearing a skintight black costume.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #40
Omegabat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yep and Talia was about 8 years old. Add 12-15 years that's early 20's. Add 20 more years onto that and that's in his 40's.

Simple math is simple.



Yup he did. So he never even got to finish the training either.

What's the point ya are trying to make?



Nope, if Ra's wasn't running the LOS then he could have excommunicated Bane could he. It wouldn't be his call if he wasn't running the show to decide who stays and who goes.

Ra's said Bruce was his greatest student. No escape from that fact.



So what? How does that mean he was wrong about Bruce's condition? He's a doctor. What the hell did Nolan put that scene in the movie for except to tell the audience Bruce's body is in crap shape. Why was Alfred so opposed to Bruce being Batman, it was cos he wasn't in the physical shape to be the Batman he used to be. He said it himself that strapping up his leg and getting new gadgets doesn't make him what he used to be.

Nolan didn't put all that in for giggles. Bruce was a wreck. That's why Bane won the first fight. Like in Knightfall. Simple.



Wearing armor, too.



She was a kick ass fighter who could handle thugs as good as Batman. Point is Batman had help taking them on. He wasn't doing it alone.

Fact.



He had nowhere to be stealthy on a big open rooftop. Different from a dock yard full of huge metal containers to hide around and in.



Ehhh three of Lau's men in a dark office where he can duck and hide vs like 20 LOS men all armed. Standing out in an open rooftop with nowhere to hide. And Selina's ass to rescue, too.

Yeah that's the same. Not.



I saw the movie. Ra's got pulled onto the ground and defeated. He didn't fight back. He lay there and accepted his defeat.



Yup that's why it doesn't count.



There ain't no smoke on him. His body ain't blackish. His clothes are ripped cos he jumped through a window or something getting out to safety. If he was in the explosion he'd be charred and burned and dripping in blood.



Didn't know what?



Yup it matters. You don't show pain if you don't feel it do ya? Easy when you're high on pain killing gas that makes ya numb to it.



Denial.



To show how he can be easily pwned when he's not fighting a weakened Batman like in Rises and Knightfall.



Joker ain't going around saying he is better than Batman and can physically break him. Bane can only do that by cheating with unfair advantages. Then when he gets pwned he ties Batman up and tries to shoot him.

What a cowardly sore loser.



For like 5 seconds before nearly twisting the guys arm out of it's socket and pwning him.
Bruce and Talia are in their 30's,even before the movie was released it was stated that the flashback sequences happened 30 years before Begins(bit vague sure),so if Bruce and Talia are in their mid-late 30's then Bane is in his early-mid 50's.

Again all I'm saying is that even if Bane worked his ass off,Ra's would have still hated him,that's the point I'm trying to make.If Ra's treated both Bruce and Bane equally then yeah his greatest student statement would've had some weight,his judgement is clouded by bias and emotions when dealing with Bane.

He's a doctor in a movie where Bruce healed from his back condition with a bunch of ropes,actual experts have concluded that a man trying to fly like Batman would kill himself attempting to land.Sorry I'm not going to give any weight to a bunch of statements,show me these so called awful injuries.

The difference between Knightfall and TDKR is clear as day and night,in Knightfall Bruce looked completely gassed out while fighting Bane.TDKR Batman on the otherhand destroyed mercs armed with assault rifles on his way to meet Bane.

Was'nt talking about the roof tops,I was referring to the sewers where he ran straight in to the guy using the assault rifle,waaaay better than hiding from 2 guys using pistols on him.

Ra's did not get pulled on to the ground,it was Batman who got pulled on to the ground,Batman just flipped places while Ra's was looking at the controls and Ra's accepted defeat cause he had no means of escaping from that position,unlike Batman he does'nt have a cape.

Or something getting to safety? seriously.You're just gonna make a random assumption? it's clear he was partially caught in the explosion.The building exploded while Bane was still in it,look at scan no 5.The guy who posted those scans on CV himself believes it.

Batman did'nt know about Bane's weakness.

The gas does'nt enhance him,it keeps the pain of an injury that could kill him in check.It also has it demerits,it's not like Bane is using it in a perfectly healthy condition.And he still punched through the concrete without it.

Nope not denial, fact.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #41
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
All I know is that Bane was owned by two batpod cannons driven by a woman wearing a skintight black costume.
How embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Bruce and Talia are in their 30's
Bruce had a 30th birthday in Batman Begins. Rises is 8 years after TDK.

Simple math is simple.

Quote:
even before the movie was released it was stated that the flashback sequences happened 30 years before Begins(bit vague sure)
Where's your proof? Show me the money.

Quote:
Again all I'm saying is that even if Bane worked his ass off,Ra's would have still hated him,that's the point I'm trying to make.If Ra's treated both Bruce and Bane equally then yeah his greatest student statement would've had some weight,his judgement is clouded by bias and emotions when dealing with Bane.
But ya don't know that it's clouded with judgement and bias. In fact it can't be since in Begins Bane was not even decided on as a character when they wrote that scene. It ain't retconned now just cos you want to deny that Ra's didn't mean it just to make Bane look like the better LOS member.

Quote:
He's a doctor in a movie where Bruce healed from his back condition with a bunch of ropes,actual experts have concluded that a man trying to fly like Batman would kill himself attempting to land.Sorry I'm not going to give any weight to a bunch of statements,show me these so called awful injuries.
He's a doctor in a movie verse where Harvey Dent can walk around with half his skull showing from burns, too. That doesn't make the Doc's scene invalid cos you want to again rewrite the movie to try and make your point valid. The Doc scene was put in cos Nolan wanted to tell the audience how much Bruce has fallen out of shape in his 8 year retirement and why Alfred's concern about him is justified.

If the Doc said Bruce's body is in really bad shape that he can't go skiing then that's how it is. Fact.

Quote:
The difference between Knightfall and TDKR is clear as day and night,in Knightfall Bruce looked completely gassed out while fighting Bane.TDKR Batman on the otherhand destroyed mercs armed with assault rifles on his way to meet Bane.
Ehhhh no. In Knightfall Bruce was wrecked from fighting all the villains from Arkham. In Rises Bruce wasn't the Batman he was any more because his body was wrecked, he needed his leg strapped, Alfred walked out on him because he wasn't Batman any more and was putting his life in danger doing it.

Same circumstances. Weak disadvantaged Bruce taking on Bane. The mercs he took out with distractions from Selina, she took out some, too, and by using stealth.

Quote:
Was'nt talking about the roof tops,I was referring to the sewers where he ran straight in to the guy using the assault rifle,waaaay better than hiding from 2 guys using pistols on him.
Yup. Stealth in a dark tunnel where the only time ya saw Batman was when the guy shot his gun. Easy take down.

Quote:
Ra's did not get pulled on to the ground,it was Batman who got pulled on to the ground,Batman just flipped places while Ra's was looking at the controls and Ra's accepted defeat cause he had no means of escaping from that position,unlike Batman he does'nt have a cape.
Ehhh no, Batman turned the tables and pulled Ra's onto the ground, and Ra's accepted defeat and ask if Batman was gonna now kill him.

Quote:
Or something getting to safety? seriously.You're just gonna make a random assumption?
Heh funny from the one who says the Doctor scene and the Ra's Al Ghul's line are invalid even though they said in the movie.

I ain't making an assumption. His mask and a bit of his shirt is torn. That's all there is. A big ass explosion like that would have skewered him more than that. He ain't Superman. Worst he came out with was some ripped clothing. Not even even a drop of blood on him.

Quote:
Batman did'nt know about Bane's weakness.
So what? He was hammering his face off in that fight. Had him on the floor pounding his face at one point. Did nothing to the mask. It obviously ain't that easy to break those pipe thingies like you say.

Quote:
The gas does'nt enhance him,it keeps the pain of an injury that could kill him in check.It also has it demerits,it's not like Bane is using it in a perfectly healthy condition.And he still punched through the concrete without it.
I didn't say the gas enhanced him mon ami I'm telling ya it numbs pain. Keeps it at bay is what that old guy in the pit said. So if pain is kept at bay from gas then why would Batman's punches hurt him worse than the injuries being numbed away by that gas.

Yeah doesn't make sense does it.

Quote:
Nope not denial, fact.
Fact you can't prove. So it ain't no fact.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #42
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Wearing armor, too.










Didn't know what?






To show how he can be easily pwned when he's not fighting a weakened Batman like in Rises and Knightfall.



Joker ain't going around saying he is better than Batman and can physically break him. Bane can only do that by cheating with unfair advantages. Then when he gets pwned he ties Batman up and tries to shoot him.

What a cowardly sore loser.



For like 5 seconds before nearly twisting the guys arm out of it's socket and pwning him.


Dude Batman almost got knock the F out by that thug. My point is that Batman is human and can get knock the F out in a fair fight. Stop acting like if it's imposable for Bane to beat him in a fair fight.

Bane is part of the Batmanís rouge gallery. He is not from Marval comics. He is not a villain of Captain America, he is not spawn. He is not Superman. So why the F do you get sooooo upset if Bane beats up Batman in a fight or if people talk about it? Do you want all the Bat villains to be borring???? If youíre a hardcore Batman fan then you would be proud to have a Villian like Bane in batmanís rouge gallery, and you would not be offended if he was able to beat Batman in a fair fight. You should only act like this If its Captain America that beats Batman in a fair fight.


Give Bane a Freaking Break!

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #43
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Dude Batman almost got knock the F out by that thug.
Ya call one sucker punch to the face and Joker kicking him with a shoe knife nearly getting knocked out. Nope. He didn't even come close to that. He dislocated that thug's arm and knocked Joker back, then took out the rest of Joker's men.

Quote:
My point is that Batman is human and can get knock the F out in a fair fight. Stop acting like if it's imposable for Bane to beat him in a fair fight.
Sorry if history doesn't agree with you.

Quote:
Bane is part of the Batman’s rouge gallery. He is not from Marval comics. He is not a villain of Captain America, he is not spawn. He is not Superman. So why the F do you get sooooo upset if Bane beats up Batman in a fight or if people talk about it?
Heh who's getting upset? I ain't the one swearing to make my point. You're the one with ants in your pants not moi.

I don't get upset if Bane beats Batman in a fight cos I know he only wins cos he had unfair advantages. He never wins in a fair and square fight. That's wy he was gonna shoot Batman when he was tied up at the end. He knew Batman was his superior. So he was gonna gun him down like a coward.

Quote:
Do you want all the Bat villains to be borring????
Yeah. That would be awesome. Boring villains. Who wouldn't love that?

Quote:
If you’re a hardcore Batman fan then you would be proud to have a Villian like Bane in batman’s rouge gallery, and you would not be offended if he was able to beat Batman in a fair fight.
He never beat Batman in a fair fight. Fact.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #44
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,063
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
He never beat Batman in a fair fight. Fact.
Watch Episode 2 of The Batman. Unless of course we don't consider venom as "fair". I do, just cause it's a staple of Bane.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #45
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Watch Episode 2 of The Batman. Unless of course we don't consider venom as "fair". I do, just cause it's a staple of Bane.
That cartoon with ninja Penguin and ape Joker?


Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #46
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,063
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
That cartoon with ninja Penguin and ape Joker?

Lol, honestly I used to hate the show too. I started giving it a chance over the summer, and it's seriously not as bad as I made it out to be in my head. There's some decent writing and it's a fun "lighter" show about a younger Batman, without dumbing it down too much. It's nothing compared to TAS, but it ain't terrible.

And yes, some of the villain designs are atrocious. The characterizations are pretty decent to quite good though.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #47
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

If little fat Penguin can be a great ninja fighter then I don't think they have nailed the fighting characteristics of Batman at all.

That show really sucked.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Ya call one sucker punch to the face and Joker kicking him with a shoe knife nearly getting knocked out. Nope. He didn't even come close to that. He dislocated that thug's arm and knocked Joker back, then took out the rest of Joker's men.



Sorry if history doesn't agree with you.



Heh who's getting upset? I ain't the one swearing to make my point. You're the one with ants in your pants not moi.

I don't get upset if Bane beats Batman in a fight cos I know he only wins cos he had unfair advantages. He never wins in a fair and square fight. That's wy he was gonna shoot Batman when he was tied up at the end. He knew Batman was his superior. So he was gonna gun him down like a coward.



Yeah. That would be awesome. Boring villains. Who wouldn't love that?



He never beat Batman in a fair fight. Fact.
Dude Your F in Fanboy. It's all up to the writers. Batman is human, and I see him lose sooooo many F in times in the comics. Bane is a VILLIAN. The antagonist is supposed to lose. Don't **** a brick if the writers of the new 52 dicided to have Bane beat up Batman in a fair fight.

In TDKR you have a Batman Kick more highly trained mercenaries asses than he did with the thugs in TDK. In the TDK he almost got knock the F out in his Prime. My point is that the difference is not as much. Plus Bane would be 10 Years younger in Begins Take all that into consideration. You have selected reading, You're the one in denial. I'm done with repeating myself. You must hate KG Beast with a passion

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #49
badgrammar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

One last time I am going to say this. Ras was talking about more than just hand to hand combat when he told Bruce that he was his best student. He meant that Bruce was overall his best student in all elements of training. Ras was not training him for a mixed martial arts fight.

Imagine if they had report cards in The league of shadows. Baneís report card could indicate that he scored a perfect 100 in hand to hand combat while Bruce had a better grade point average in all subjects.

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #50
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,999
Default Re: Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

I dunno, I kind of got the feeling that the main reason Ra's picked Bruce was his determination to fight criminals...and his resources (Wayne Enterprises).

I didn't really think Ra's was talking about Bruce's fighting prowess. And if Bane was too brutal for Ra's, who is to say that he might not be a better fighter overall, but not considered a good student of Ra's Al Ghul's disciplines?

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.