The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #26
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

The shredder in the first Draft of bays turtles is far far far far worse

louiebling$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #27
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

I think Ken Watanabe as an older, veteran Shredder could work very well, as long as they applied the "old-guy-may-not-be-quick-but-when-he-moves-people-die" cliche. And I'd prefer shredder as the anonymous head of a secret ninja organization/crime network and avoided the trappings of most ceremony and publicity.

godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
ShredderX
Side-Kick

I don't know about Watanabe. In the RPG " TMNT and other Strangeness", Shredder is listed as being 34 years old. I prefer a younger, more ambitious and agile Shredder, instead of an Old Guy.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #29
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

One of the many things I loved about the original film was the fact Shredder had a fantastic screen presence.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #30
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I was thinking Hiroyuki Sanada, the dude that played the villain in Rush Hour 3. He speaks pretty decent english and has the look down. He's about 51.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #31
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They're not gonna do that. They didn't even do that in the first one.
the 1st Turtles film was technically not a Hollywood movie. It was an independent film that got Hollywood distribution through Warners

Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #32
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
One of the many things I loved about the original film was the fact Shredder had a fantastic screen presence.

Oh, heck yeah, he did. I loved his first appearance with that awesome dumbeat and his huge oily cape, and I still think his entrance to the final fight is by far one of the best moments of the series:

(Turtles are kicking butt, chewing bubblegum, and taking names.)
Raph: Aw, no more?
(Shredder jumps onto the roof in slow motion with a nice little bass solo to let everyone know playtimes over. You can just barely see a feral grin behind his mask.)
5 minutes later:
Turtles: Dudes, that guy is totally kicking our butts, chewing bubblegum, and taking names!

godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #33
kang604
Side-Kick

this.

kang604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Oh, heck yeah, he did. I loved his first appearance with that awesome dumbeat and his huge oily cape, and I still think his entrance to the final fight is by far one of the best moments of the series:

(Turtles are kicking butt, chewing bubblegum, and taking names.)
Raph: Aw, no more?
(Shredder jumps onto the roof in slow motion with a nice little bass solo to let everyone know playtimes over. You can just barely see a feral grin behind his mask.)
5 minutes later:
Turtles: Dudes, that guy is totally kicking our butts, chewing bubblegum, and taking names!
I hated that he became basically the cartoon version of Shredder in the sequel. We all know the reason why but it still doesn't make it hurt any less. lol

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang604 View Post

this.
I agree

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #36
The Shredder
Sharp Dressed Man

Thumbs up Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

What a lovely thread.

Quote:

Indeed.

Barron did a masterful job. Absolutely love his full introduction with the Shredder's Suite score, accompanying a nicely directed long shot that further illustrated a gathering that gazed in awe of his presence.

Just classic.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i watched the first live action Ninja Turtles movie last night and i absolutely love how they portrayed Shredder, such a badass! he has such a commanding presence in every scene he is in.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #38
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

I completely agree. Shredder was a force, a man that appeared to be without weakness. He was so efficient in taking out the turtles, every move so calculated.

Tristan_McClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #39
WarrenPeace2012
Side-Kick

Badass theme, for a badass thread, for a badass dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ0nvZ9UTSE

I don't sleep. I wait for more movie masters.
Come check out my fan page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-West/182762401879176 All things geek!
WarrenPeace2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #40
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:

His introduction in the original film was AMAZING. Just amazing. It's a slow burn that we don't see too much of in tentpole movies anymore. I can only think of Javier Bardem's into in Skyfall as the most recent example, however...

Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang604 View Post

this.
thats the guy from Lost right?, if he is I really dig that.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #42
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Hiroyuki Sanada or Ken Wantabe would be really Awesome as Shredder!

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #43
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Man, there are a host of other Japanese actors other than Ken Watanabe. I don't know any of them, but neither do any other Americans, which is why Ken is brought up for every Japanese role in every thread on this damn site. He's not even really right for the part, or most of the others for which people nominate him.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #44
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Shredder should be younger than Ken. He had to be in his 20s when he was dealing with Hamato Yoshi, so right now....about mid to late 30s would be cool.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
Octoberist
point blank

In a Hollywood's execs mind, there are millions of Ken Wantnabes to choose from!

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #46
Octoberist
point blank

BTW I wonder what's up the hold up with Shredder's casting, along with Casey?

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #47
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
His introduction in the original film was AMAZING. Just amazing. It's a slow burn that we don't see too much of in tentpole movies anymore. I can only think of Javier Bardem's into in Skyfall as the most recent example, however...

Too bad he had one of the worst endings to a villain ever. Ugh it was god awful. I hope they introduce him to the Turtles like they did in the new Nickelodeon show. Out of nowhere he appears, epic music playing and he just takes every one of them out with ease.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #48
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
BTW I wonder what's up the hold up with Shredder's casting, along with Casey?
I have a feeling Casey will be in a second installment, lets hope not though.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #49
batman strikes
Side-Kick

Looks like the foot is going to be soldiers like the leaked script. Have you guys seen the latest set photos?

batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #50
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

The Foot Clan look horrible. Theyre Swat guys with Guns wearing plastic human face masks that are brown with a five oclock shadow. They were in Nyc filming. They look nothing like ninjas.

I'm Old Greg is offline   Reply With Quote