Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #101
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
walmart.com has this up for preorder
I was just about to mention how I was able to go to my local Walmart and reserved the Deluxe Edition on layaway so I can pick it up on the 18th.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #102
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I was just about to mention how I was able to go to my local Walmart and reserved the Deluxe Edition on layaway so I can pick it up on the 18th.
i'm now wondering if Nintendo has enough to sell on release day? It looks like WalMart is the way to go.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #103
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I reserved my WiiU at BestBuy. Gotta love those Reward Zone points.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #104
Benstamania
Shot first.

Nintendo will have enough to meet reserves on release day. I do wonder if WM is getting a little happy with handing them out though....

Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #105
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Nintendo will have enough to meet reserves on release day. I do wonder if WM is getting a little happy with handing them out though....
I'm thinking that Nintendo is giving Walmart preference because they're the biggest video game retailer in the biggest market in the world.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #106
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Best Buy had a WiiU on display and I played the Rayman Legends demo. The tablet/gamepad is heavier than I thought, but I got used to it and it did have a big plastic tether to it.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #107
zenith16
Side-Kick

Most console publishers stopped doing this cause they figuer they'll make more money throuh HD collections and the like but Nintendo said this

Backward Compatibility Is “A Very Important Element” Says Nintendo President

October 29, 2012 . 9:50amBackward compatibility is an important feature to include when transitioning from an older game console to a newer one, Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata, believes.

source: Siliconera

Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #108
Benstamania
Shot first.

Nice to see that... Seriously. More so since there are Wii games I'll want to play... Looking at YOU Skyward Sword.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #109
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Most console publishers stopped doing this cause they figuer they'll make more money throuh HD collections and the like but Nintendo said this

Backward Compatibility Is ďA Very Important ElementĒ Says Nintendo President

October 29, 2012 . 9:50amBackward compatibility is an important feature to include when transitioning from an older game console to a newer one, Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata, believes.

source: Siliconera
A console needs to launch with backwards compatibility because of a small games library at launch but I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it as the Wii U's library got more developed. Nintendo has done it before in the past by dropping Game Boy Advance compatibility in the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DS didn't support Game Boy or Game Boy Color, and the Wii U also opted not to support GameCube titles. And there really is no reason why some of those systems couldn't support those titles particularly with the Nintendo DS and Wii U.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #110
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Old 10-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #111
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Finally got to play the Wii U at Gamestop today. I spent over 40 minutes with it and loved it. I'm really shocked on how "good" the pad feels. I figured it would feel too big, heavy ect, but it felt natural. I played Rayman Legends for quite a while.

Now I'm even more excited.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #112
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'm hearing that a lot. Very good to hear.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #113
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

New Super Mario Bros. U Bulletpoint Preview
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-88...t-preview.html

The World Map is huge, with tons of branching paths, even allowing you to skip entire worlds! After World 2, you reach a fork in the road that leads to either Sparking Waters or Frozen Glacier.

Remember the mysterious and confusing Forest of Illusion from Mario World? It’s basically back in the form of Soda Jungle, where finding secret exits is a must in order to proceed.

In addition to being found in certain levels, Baby Yoshis also periodically appear in set places on the World Map. If you find one, he’ll follow you into any level where you can then use him. And you can keep taking him with you from level to level as long as you don’t die or otherwise lose him.

Power-Ups, such as the Acorn, can also be found periodically on the roaming map (similar to the roaming enemies). If you touch one, it’ll be added to your invetory instantly.

The inventory system is changed from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Now you can only hold 10 items total, but any used item is still applied to everyone in co-op mode.

The P-Wing is back...sort of! It’s not called the P-Acorn and allows you to fly indefinitely.

Little P’s emit like sparkles from Mario when using the P-Acorn.

P-Acorns can be earned by grabbing Nabbit, a new character that steals items from Toad Houses and runs off to hide in a level. Pay it a visit to engage a chase--if you can manage to catch him (careful! He’s fast), you’ll earn yourself a P-Wing.

Torpedo Ted's are back! Except now they come in a red variety too that home in on Mario.

Bowser Jr. returns as well, who'll you fight aboard his airship. Though his Clown Car is now submersible as the entire first battle takes place underwater.

As you work your way through the World Map, occasional cutscenes are triggered, showing the Princess’s Castle growing into a great state of disarray, eventually being surrounded by a giant Tornado.

Challenge Mode is a brand new experience that offers dozens of challenges broken into different genres, such as flying stages” or collecting 1-Ups. The difficulty ranges from 1-5 stars, with 5 being the hardest.

You can earn Bronze, Silver, or Gold medals for high-scores in Challenge Mode.

Penguin Suit is back, though it only appears as part of the challenges stages, such as one level where you slide down a hill trying to take down as many enemies as possible to earn 1-Ups.

Mini Mario also appears in Challenge Mode, such as in a challenge where you’re holding a Blue Yoshi and have to carefully bounce off the bubbles he spits out to reach a goal high above.

Coin Battle is a competitive multiplayer mode to see who can collect the most coins that returns from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but now with levels exclusive to it.

New Super Mario Bros. U: Yet Another Strong Wii U Launch Title
Forget what you expected - New Super Mario Bros. U might just be one of the key reasons to own a Wii U, an improvement on its 3DS counterpart…
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...r-mario-bros-u[/QUOTE]

Old 10-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #114
Benstamania
Shot first.

That was a great article on NSMBU.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #115
zenith16
Side-Kick

"
Wii U Already Has An Arcade Stick

October 30, 2012 . 6:21pmThe Wii U is launching with a fighting game and an arcade stick from Hori. The Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition arcade stick connects to your Wii U just like a Classic Controller Pro.

source:Siliconera

Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #116
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

is the wii u a awesome new device with new stuff or a smaller version of a nintendo wii.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #117
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
is the wii u a awesome new device with new stuff or a smaller version of a nintendo wii.
The Wii U is on another level. It's not a smaller anything version of the Wii.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/wii-u

Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #118
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #119
Figs
Banned User

I'm so tempted to buy this when it comes out. Not sure if I should spend the money though. Plus I still need to beat a few games on the PS3 that I haven't touched in a long time.

I just don't want to waste the money because I've kind of lost the urge to play video games these past few years but good old Nintendo might get me back into it.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #120
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Wow 2 weeks guys!

I have a question though, are you able to transfer the games you bought on the Virtual Console to the WiiU I assume?

Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #121
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

http://gamingeverything.com/32589/fi...eviews-are-in/

Some first reviews for Nintendo Land, and NSMBWU.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #122
Havok83
Side-Kick

I played this at BB yesterday. Too bad there were some annoying louds kids who crowded around me like 10 seconds after I picked ip the controller and kept asking me to let them play. Seriously, some parents need to get a better handle on their kids

Their was only one playable demo and it was Rayman. Graphics looked very sharp and crisp. Unfortunately with it being just a 2D game, I really couldnt see much of what the Wii-U had to offer. The tablet didnt really add anything to the game experience. It did feel lighter than I had expected it to thoug

Old 11-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #123
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

On the demo level did you become the helper dude helping the Viking girl across her level?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #124
Havok83
Side-Kick

No I was the viking girl

Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #125
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The other Teenies level features you playing as Murphy using the tablet to help Rayman through various traps.

Closed Thread