The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #51
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: So what will be this Preventable Event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I'm not familiar with the comic storyline, but would anyone think they could use this time-changing event to do a Star Trek? You know, not dismiss the other films, but have it as a way to get away from them?
There's an entire thread devoted to that idea not far below this one.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=391271

Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #52
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
There's an entire thread devoted to that idea not far below this one.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=391271
Seen it a bit later, ta.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #53
Scarilian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
The Days Of Future Past storyline hinges on something in the past that must be changed to preserve the future. Assuming something similar will happen in the film, what do you guys think our heroes could/should be trying to avert? and How do you think it will affect the future?

In the alternate future - Senator Kelly is still in power and has begun a war on mutants commisioning a group of Sentinel (robots to hunt down any that remain)

Build up - after the events of first class humanity is considering its largest undertaking yet, the start of a project to wipe out mutants - codenamed project 'Sentinel' meanwhile Magneto ups the game by deciding to attack a U.S. senate. The X-men face a horrible choice when it turns out they may need to 'save' their greatest foe and let him slaughtered hundreds for the greater good.

Original timeline (Needs to happen) - Magneto attacks a Senator meeting causing the humans to become frightened (Because they are frightened they are too scared to start work on the 'Sentinel project') however hundreds are killed

New timeline (leads to alternate future) - Charles is put in a coma when Magneto brings the building down when he is killed during a battle with the X-men by a new mutant (Wolverine) who joins the team briefly - and becomes the source of communication with the 'future professor x'

Conclusion -
The timeline is reset.
Wolverine has no memory of the incident and noone other than Charles and Magneto know what happened (as they were the centre of the event)

Scarilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #54
Robin91939
Master Tim

Why not tie it into X3: The Last Stand and make the preventable event be the discovery of the "cure?" Warren Wirthington II is the man behind the cure in the third film. So in Days of Futures Past have Kitty (or Rogue) travel back in time to warn the X-Men about the cure.

If you have Rogue go back, you can have someone important die post-cure that would have been someone Rogue could have saved had she not been cured. Or, you can have Kitty go back to warn them about the war on Alcatratz Island and the death of all of those mutants that it caused... Jean, Scott and Xavier amongst them.

So it's the job of the past X-Men to hunt down and find a young Warren Worthington II and change his mind, and get him to accept mutants.

Worthington II never creates the cure.... X3:The Last Stand never happens. Boom.

-R

Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #55
bhayes
Side-Kick

I think the crazy part is if x1-x3 happens in the years they occurred. 2000-2006.

then why would wolverine travel back to the 1970's?? because if something happened in the 1970's that created the sentinel future then that would erase how everybody met each other.

so why go that far back into an alternate past? so the writers will have to figure things out.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #56
BMM
Side-Kick

That's assuming Wolverine is the time traveler.

Last edited by BMM; 10-27-2012 at 09:34 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #57
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Not sure... maybe the "real" mutant war that Singer would have done? That prison fight didn't seem big or monumental enough to me, despite it having the Phoenix it just seemed like more of a battle than a war. I'm looking for something with more weight to it. With Sentinels, mutants being locked up in containment camps, all-out mutant wars in the city streets and all over the world, stuff like that. But Singer's going to add an emotional and philosophical edge to all of it and give it that desired gravitas that it needs.

I can imagine an event like that tearing down civilization as we know it and creating a barren wasteland full of rebellious mutants and roaming Sentinels.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #58
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I kinda feel like there needs to be one character who is somehow unaffected by the timeline changing, and still remember things how they happened in the original timeline...(this person would be like the voice of the audience) other wise everyone would just accept whats going on as the normal timeline... this person could just find everything instant changing around them, an is lost and confused to whats going on, at first... but, is the one who brings everyone together and helps figure out what went wrong and when

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #59
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

What if wolverine is the time traveler and they use the cameo from First Class as being post time travel? He's there for a reason, knows he can't waste time with them at the time. Basically cameo Hugh Jackman is time travelling Hugh Jackman.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #60
Project862006
Banned User

how does this story work when even the latest period x men film - x3 didn't even have sentinels yet

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #61
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The Sentinles are post X-Men Trilogy

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Yeah, DoFP will probably have scenes that take place after X3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #63
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

What I don't want to see is the First-class timeline's Wolverine joining the team. We already got a newby Wolverine joining the team in X1.

I want DOFP to show how a young Scott, Jean, Storm (who end up being born in the 40/50's) join the team.

Either keep First class timeline's Wolverine out of it (perhaps time-traveller Wolverine sets the other Wolverine on a different path, away from the X-Men), or have mind-travel, like it was in the comics (original timeline's Wolverine's mind takes the place of First-class Wolverine's mind).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #64
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If the past of DOFP Is still In 1960's Cyclops,Jean,and Storm will not Be In that part of film.
Storm may be In future scenes.

As I keep saying you can't have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 1960's.

Wolverine won't be joining the team.Wolverine from post X-Men trilogy may travel back
or exchange minds with younger self.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #65
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As I keep saying you can't have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 1960's.
Why not? If it's a changed timeline, where Xavier and Magneto didn't meet when they were 16, and where Emma Frost appears to be born much earlier, why not have Cyclops, Jean, etc born earlier too?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #66
Project862006
Banned User

^thats totally different cyclops was about 30-32 in xmen 1 very different than changing what age xavier/magneto meet

Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #67
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't care how stupid it is, I'm all for it

I just want to see this sort of thing on screen (albeit taking place in the 60's, not the present like in the comic)

Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #68
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yeah, DoFP will probably have scenes that take place after X3.
very true the most logical thing after the cure failed is the creation of the sentinel's

Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #69
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

But, why would the time traveler go all the way back to the 60s? I guess it could be the case that he/she goes too far back into the past and helps the X-Men there foil whatever plot the Brotherhood are trying to carry out.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #70
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
But, why would the time traveler go all the way back to the 60s? I guess it could be the case that he/she goes too far back into the past and helps the X-Men there foil whatever plot the Brotherhood are trying to carry out.
In the comic, the assassination takes place in 1980.

In this film, it'll take place in the 60s (unless they push the timeline forward from FC).

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #71
turtlenation
Side-Kick

Disclaimer: Fan-fiction ahead

I don't like the idea of a physical time traveler. It takes away so much of the realism that was established in the first films. I very much prefer Xavier's psyche being transferred to his younger self via Cerebro.

IMO the story should equally be in 2 parts, the future and past:

It should start with the future scenario where Xavier's "twin" is being smuggled by the former x-men into the old mansion where the remains of Cerebro is kept. NY is on lock down as it is under quarantine after the all-out war led by the re-powered Magneto between mutants and the Sentinel-powered government. It goes without saying that the Sentinels won.

The Sentinel program had secretly gone live following the San Francisco incident. Tracking had become very easy after a database of known mutants was built with Xavier's involuntary help in X2.

So the main struggle for future X-men is basically to survive while getting "Charles" to Cerebro as their last resort to change the past and their present. Going back to the 60's is not actually important. Let's just say that that was a random pick by Cerebro.

For the past portion, this gets a little tricky as it is decades before the future era. No incident can be used to serve as catalyst for green-lighting the sentinel program, otherwise X1 - X3 would've already witnessed the results of that past action.

Therefore, I'm in the assumption that Xavier is travelling to the past not to stop an event, but to kill somebody - somebody who has perpetuated the human-mutant divide through the years.

I'm thinking that that should be the main twist in the plot. For the 60's era, we are led to think that Charles is supposed to stop Erik from assassinating JFK. In the end, JFK still gets killed - by a non-mutant. Erik life hangs in Charles's hand but instead of killing him, he wipes away his memory.

Back to the future, everything remains the same.

Last edited by turtlenation; 11-04-2012 at 01:50 AM.
turtlenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #72
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Since we're posting covers from the comics, here's the variant cover by my fave artist J. Scott Capmpbell.

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 11-04-2012 at 02:27 PM.
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #73
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't care how stupid it is, I'm all for it

I just want to see this sort of thing on screen (albeit taking place in the 60's, not the present like in the comic)

this cover is AMAZING. would love to see a movie poster like this for this sequel.

I dont understand why Fox hasnt tried to replicate something like this with past movies.

I mean a group pose as badass as this.

I guess the issue could be having so many member on X2 and X3. But now with the First Class team, it will be easy.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #74
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Well I am sorry but we can better forget the whole 2000 movies based on First Class.

I was watching all the movies yesterday and today.
In X3 we see Magneto and Charles getting Jean to the school of Gifted Youngsters.
Charles was walking and he and Eric were starting the school together.
And in X-men First Class Charles is shot in the end and can not feel his legs.
Soooo my point is that I guess we need to see the movies appart cause nothing in the whole time line is right

PhoenixRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #75
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
Well I am sorry but we can better forget the whole 2000 movies based on First Class.

I was watching all the movies yesterday and today.
In X3 we see Magneto and Charles getting Jean to the school of Gifted Youngsters.
Charles was walking and he and Eric were starting the school together.
And in X-men First Class Charles is shot in the end and can not feel his legs.
Soooo my point is that I guess we need to see the movies appart cause nothing in the whole time line is right
First Class might turn out to be a different timeline from X1, X2 and X3.