Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

only way they would do it is if it had like a 50-70 million budget

Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #752
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
There's never going to be an R-rated Wolverine movie, at least never in this series. There's no need for it (look how dark the Nolan Batman movies have gone with a PG-13), and from a studio standpoint, it's bad for the box office. I've never gotten why people think that's going to change anytime soon.
I think for any Marvel film. PG-13 is perfect. I think even the likes of Blade could be still good as a PG-13 film. Of course their are some stretches but think X-Men, Spidey, and many more work perfectly at the PG-13 level.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #753
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

The PG-13 (equivalent 12A in the UK) is fine for these films. As has been pointed out, the Dark Knight films managed to be violent and grim without a higher rating. Extreme scenes can be implied (like the Dark Knight 'pencil in the eye') without being graphically shown.

This isn't Saw. And I don't want it to be. This obsession with R ratings is ridiculous.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #754
runningman3000
Side-Kick

videos from The Wolverine sets *nothing too much going on here.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZqmcPo4uNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YuQpx9-Q8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qmmThvqfzg

Last edited by runningman3000; 11-07-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #755
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The PG-13 (equivalent 12A in the UK) is fine for these films. As has been pointed out, the Dark Knight films managed to be violent and grim without a higher rating. Extreme scenes can be implied (like the Dark Knight 'pencil in the eye') without being graphically shown.

This isn't Saw. And I don't want it to be. This obsession with R ratings is ridiculous.
I stopped caring about R-ratings when I didn't have to worry about having to sneak into them anymore. And that was a while ago...

Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #756
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I stopped caring about R-ratings when I didn't have to worry about having to sneak into them anymore. And that was a while ago...
Haha! Yep. The only thing that becomes notable in a PG-13 scene of violence is the lack of blood. I don't know exactly what the rules are for blood and gore in films though.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #757
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Intensity could play another factor too, remember in X2 when Wolverine stabs the soldier to the fridge, that had to be cut a bit because of how intense it came off, and there wasn't a drop of blood in that scene.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #758
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Intensity could play another factor too, remember in X2 when Wolverine stabs the soldier to the fridge, that had to be cut a bit because of how intense it came off, and there wasn't a drop of blood in that scene.
And I had a friend (who's a huge X-Men fan), who didn't let his young son see X2 because of that mansion invasion scene. It didn't matter that it wasn't bloody, he said Wolverine was obviously killing people and he thought it was too much for his kid. He loved it...he just saw it sans kid at the time.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #759
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I dunno, personally I started reading X-men at 7 years old because of how badass Wolverine is
it don't make my parents bad parents

never once did I get the urge to go out and start stabbing ninjas
lol

It can be suitable for kids and still be suitably badass for us longtime fans

Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #760
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I dunno, personally I started reading X-men at 7 years old because of how badass Wolverine is
it don't make my parents bad parents

never once did I get the urge to go out and start stabbing ninjas
lol

It can be suitable for kids and still be suitably badass for us longtime fans
It depends on the kid. I know when I showed the first X-men film to my little brother (he was around 6 or 7 at the time) it actually scared him a bit. And I remember when I was 7 I was in love with Jurassic Park. So kids definitely have a different thresh hold for fantasy violence. I could see how that scene in X2 could freak some kids out.

However, I was a few days away from 14 when X2 came out and I remember having a huge nerdgasm when Wolverine finally went Beserk. It's the closest we've seen to him really letting lose in the films so far.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #761
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman3000 View Post
Thanks!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #762
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
It depends on the kid. I know when I showed the first X-men film to my little brother (he was around 6 or 7 at the time) it actually scared him a bit. And I remember when I was 7 I was in love with Jurassic Park. So kids definitely have a different thresh hold for fantasy violence. I could see how that scene in X2 could freak some kids out.

However, I was a few days away from 14 when X2 came out and I remember having a huge nerdgasm when Wolverine finally went Beserk. It's the closest we've seen to him really letting lose in the films so far.
It always depends on the kid. Some kids have no problem with the violence, others get bothered by it. In my friend's case, he knew it would upset his son at the time, so he didn't take him. He did love the movie, he just didn't think his son was ready for it. I'm sure he's seen it by now.

When I was 7, the Nazis-melting scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark scared the crap out of me (I saw it in the theater). Today that's one of my favorite movies. Actually, I was fine with it by the time it was on cable.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #763
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I was pretty freaked out the first time I saw the heart scene in Temple of Doom, so much for the longest time I never realized it was Indiana Jones(my Dad was watching it on TV and I only saw that part, the only Indy movies I watched at that time were Crusade and Raiders as that is what we had on VHS). Now I can watch it without a problem, but I can see it troubling kids.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #764
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I was pretty freaked out the first time I saw the heart scene in Temple of Doom, so much for the longest time I never realized it was Indiana Jones(my Dad was watching it on TV and I only saw that part, the only Indy movies I watched at that time were Crusade and Raiders as that is what we had on VHS). Now I can watch it without a problem, but I can see it troubling kids.
Temple of Doom is such an amazing and thrilling movie! Too bad its so underrated.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #765
james-in-cali
Side-Kick

Temple of doom scared me as a kid too, and I agree it is a very underrated film. I'm sure I'm in the minority thinking that the movie version of wolverine is a big wuss. I know it is probably too comic book-y to have all of his soft tissue ripped from his bones or trapped in a pit and shot 100 times every 5 minutes but being knocked out for what appeared to be an hour or more with a log? Come on that's absurd. X2 and the others kinda fixed this, but my reason for wanting the "R" rating is to see some crazy comic book violence .

Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #766
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Funny seeing people talking about memories of being scared from moments of the first two Indiana Jones movies as kids. Because I have a moment like that too but in Last Crusade! The decapitating of a head when one guy tries to go pass the traps in the temple.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #767
def28
Side-Kick

The Indy films and violence in comic flicks never really bothered me when I was growing up. Only scene that freaked me out in a comic book movie as a kid was the woman being possessed by a computer in Superman 3. That was just a weird scene.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #768
runningman3000
Side-Kick

Wolverine turns Moore Park Japanese

Quote:
Centennial Parklands recently turned a little Japanese – just a little! The latest movie in the Wolverine series has just packed up, but we can take you behind the scenes for a look at what was created in our very own Moore Park.

(more images & descriptions via link)

Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #769
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

What is an R rating in the UK? A 12?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #770
Filmboy
Banned User

Those that have read the script, does it gives you the feel that it takes place after the events of X3?

Since the director basically said it takes place after X3, I'm really curious and wondering.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #771
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

He's still mourning Jean so there's that.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #772
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
What is an R rating in the UK? A 12?
I thought it was their 18 rating, but looking it up on wiki it seems more comparable with our 15 rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_...system#Ratings

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #773
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Hope it's 15 D:

Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #774
Filmboy
Banned User

Heard that filming on "The Wolverine" is about to wrap up in two weeks......that's fast and right on schedule

Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #775
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Wow, if that's true then it shows how much I don't pay attention to those kind of details. Though I expect that wouldn't include possible reshoots, where are common enough.

Hopefully we'll start seeing more promo pics and eventually a trailer then. I can imagine that many, like myself, are on tender hooks waiting for the first proper look at Silver Samurai.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Closed Thread