The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #901
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,006
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
If it's marketed right Avengers 2 could beat JLA and Star Wars.
Nah I think Star Wars has a bigger reach in terms of fanbase rather than Avengers. Both are massive but i think Star Wars is longer and will be much more highly anticpatied + it has the nostalgia factor

Blackman is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #902
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman
Nah I think Star Wars has a bigger reach in terms of fanbase rather than Avengers. Both are massive but i think Star Wars is longer and will be much more highly anticpatied + it has the nostalgia factor
Avengers 2 has to be the biggest superhero film ever, and Marvel knows it. Iron Man 3 will do big business, but Marvel has to bring it for Thor 2 and Captain America 2 if they want the feeding frenzy to continue.

I'm Venom is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #903
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Avengers 2 has to be the biggest superhero film ever, and Marvel knows it. Iron Man 3 will do big business, but Marvel has to bring it for Thor 2 and Captain America 2 if they want the feeding frenzy to continue.
Ya. Assuming Avengers 2 outgrosses avengers 1.

And star wars isn't going to outgross avengers 1 I don't think

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #904
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Nah I think Star Wars has a bigger reach in terms of fanbase rather than Avengers. Both are massive but i think Star Wars is longer and will be much more highly anticpatied + it has the nostalgia factor
It also has the..."..another one??" factor

most of its fan base I believe are people who were in love with the original. I feel that the older group of fans will out number the younger group.

With the avengers, it was a hit for everyone. And it still has that newness to it.

Star wars has a bigger fanbase. But given the circumstance of modern media, and when and how the avengers was released, I can't see this new star wars movie making more than the avengers sequel

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #905
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,006
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Star Wars may have "another one" factor but it also has "another one?!" factor people dont get to see a new star wars movie very often while The Avengers (Thor, Cap, Iron Man) are seen just about every 2 years. Even the prequel trilogy, which has mixed reaction among people, made a crap ton of movie.
And I also think SW has more of a nostalgia factor than the current MArvel CBMs

And now with 3D, IMAX, and inflated prices I could see Episode VII beating Avengers. But either way I have faith that both will be good


Last edited by Blackman; 11-07-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Blackman is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #906
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
And star wars isn't going to outgross avengers 1 I don't think
Star Wars really depends on the director/writer. It will make or break it.

I'm Venom is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #907
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

It'll be close.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #908
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

They're both going to be ginormous so I don't really see the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It also has the..."..another one??" factor
That goes away when people see the teaser with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford

Chewy is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #909
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerniganComics View Post
lol waste of 15 seconds

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #910
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
I am still on the bandwagon that Thanos will be in Phase 3, and that big event will be an infinity gauntlet movie
Thanos can take the Avengers movie team without the gauntlet and gems or whatever. Hulk could give him trouble, but not enough to where he can beat him. I guess it depends on how bad they want to make him.

I'm Venom is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #911
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 287
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

"The Avengers was about assembling to save the world, but in Avengers 2 the team will be assembling to save themselves." Roger Wardell .......Whats your take on that ? Im really cant wait until all eyes are back on the Avengers again

TacomaTruck90 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #912
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

All i want is a truly epic story in Avengers 2

Malcolm Belmont is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #913
baerrtt
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 646
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Star Wars may have "another one" factor but it also has "another one?!" factor people dont get to see a new star wars movie very often while The Avengers (Thor, Cap, Iron Man) are seen just about every 2 years. Even the prequel trilogy, which has mixed reaction among people, made a crap ton of movie.
And I also think SW has more of a nostalgia factor than the current MArvel CBMs

And now with 3D, IMAX, and inflated prices I could see Episode VII beating Avengers. But either way I have faith that both will be good
10 years ago saw a STAR WARS movie get outgrossed domestically by SPIDER MAN and internationally by THE TWO TOWERS so the idea of AVENGERS 2 beating the next entry into that franchise isn't impossible.

baerrtt is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #914
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,708
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Avengers 2 can totally beat Star Wars. Think about the audience segments:

Grown up nerds 30+: Will see both movies regardless. EDGE: TIE

Kids 6-12: Grown up on Avengers 1 and rest of the MCU movies, plus EMH. Don't know Star Wars except from DVDs and the Clone Wars cartoon. EDGE: AVENGERS

Non-nerd parents of young kids: See above. EDGE: AVENGERS

Millenials 18-30: Have seen pretty good MCU movies and weak SW Prequels. EDGE: AVENGERS

Normal women without children: ScarJo, RDJ, the Sexy Chrises in a contemporary setting vs. the geriatric shapeless original Star Wars cast and some young actors in bathrobes spouting some mystical mumbo jumbo in an unrelatable alien environment. EDGE: AVENGERS

"Dude" action movie guys: New York City getting blown up vs. some strange CGI alien planet getting blown up. EDGE: AVENGERS

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.

Last edited by Pink Ranger; 11-28-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #915
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

^I agree with most of those assessments, except for the part about kiddies these days not being aware of SW except through Clone Wars and DVDs. SW is still very much a merchandising juggernaut for kids, particularly through LEGO, but also through the continued raging popularity of SW video games. Ask any 6-year old boy about Star Wars, and he's very likely to be well aware who Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jar Jar Binks, R2D2, General Grievous and Darth Maul are.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #916
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,708
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
^I agree with most of those assessments, except for the part about kiddies these days not being aware of SW except through Clone Wars and DVDs. SW is still very much a merchandising juggernaut for kids, particularly through LEGO, but also through the continued raging popularity of SW video games. Ask any 6-year old boy about Star Wars, and he's very likely to be well aware who Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jar Jar Binks, R2D2, General Grievous and Darth Maul are.
Lol, if the boy knows who Jar Jar Binks and General Grievous are, then it's BIG edge to The Avengers.

Seriously though, I'll concede that SW has a stronger brand among kids, but I'd still say it's at least a SLIGHT edge to Avengers.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #917
Hunter Rider
Ronin
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,873
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

As Avatar showed a bullet points vs chart really doesn't apply if you make something that grabs people, I also think some underestimate just how ingrained in popular culture Star Wars is compared to The Avengers.

I don't think it's simply about who will go to see the movies opening weekend, it's about are they going to make movies worth seeing over and over for the type of people who do that with a film. We wont know that answer for some time yet.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #918
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,766
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Which one is likely to be the most tired franchise at that point?

Both movies should do very well, but we'll know more when IM3, CA2 and T2 come out. I'm just not convinced that a series can stay strong through this many movies coming out around roughly the same time. I hope it keeps up though.

DChero is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #919
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Thanos can take the Avengers movie team without the gauntlet and gems or whatever. Hulk could give him trouble, but not enough to where he can beat him. I guess it depends on how bad they want to make him.
If anyone of the avengers can give Thanos trouble it should be Thor, not Hulk lol. Thor is the only one who has actually fought thanos and held his own before. Even if they decide to give Hulk a small strength advantage of Thanos in the MCU (he's not stronger than him, so he shouldn't) he should still be smart enough that he should have no problem taking hulk down, even hand to hand, given all powers into consideration, Thor should be the only one to give him an issue. But he's too powerful. We KNOW the IG will come into play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
"The Avengers was about assembling to save the world, but in Avengers 2 the team will be assembling to save themselves." Roger Wardell .......Whats your take on that ? Im really cant wait until all eyes are back on the Avengers again
according to roger, masters of evil

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #920
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,669
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

If the WOM on SW 7 is stellar leading up to the premiere, and Fox supplies a kick-ass marketing campaign, the entire world (like, everybody) will go see it. over and over again. Add in 3D, IMAX, whatever-new-format, the movie will surpass TA1 with relative ease. Throw in a love story subplot that actually works, and a Leo-level male lead, and SW7 could overtake Titanic. So a buttload of ifs basically.

Of course TA2 also has the opportunity to expand its audience and challege the #2 spot, and I think its a much safer bet at this point than SW7 for obvious reasons. Way too many questions regarding SW given recent history and dearth of details. But the potential for history-making box office is there due to the wordwide cultural infiltration of the SW brand.

As far as the above wardell quote, I like this idea. My fave scenes from TA were the ones where the characters paired off, either to fight or to team up. I think this "defensive" or "threat from within" premise makes these dichotomous (a word?) scenes more likely.


Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 11-29-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #921
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
If the WOM on SW 7 is stellar leading up to the premiere, and Fox supplies a kick-ass marketing campaign, the entire world (like, everybody) will go see it. over and over again. Add in 3D, IMAX, whatever-new-format, the movie will surpass TA1 with relative ease. Throw in a love story subplot that actually works, and a Leo-level male lead, and SW7 could overtake Titanic. So a buttload of ifs basically.

Of course TA2 also has the opportunity to expand its audience and challege the #2 spot, and I think its a much safer bet at this point than SW7 for obvious reasons. Way too many questions regarding SW given recent history and dearth of details. But the potential for history-making box office is there due to the wordwide cultural infiltration of the SW brand.

As far as the above wardell quote, I like this idea. My fave scenes from TA were the ones where the characters paired off, either to fight or to team up. I think this "defensive" or "threat from within" premise makes these dichotomous (a word?) scenes more likely.
i'm tellin ya lo, I could be an idiot, but I am not going to be so quick to write off mr. roger so quickly

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #922
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

These boards are going to be crazy in 2015...

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #923
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ya. Assuming Avengers 2 outgrosses avengers 1.

And star wars isn't going to outgross avengers 1 I don't think
I wouldn't say that. The Box Office has changed drastically since 2005, the foreign market is a bigger factor & I'm sure they'll eat a new Star Wars movie up. If the new movie is as good or *gasp* even better than the OT, then 2015 BO is going to be one helluva battle.

I'm not going to choose sides since both Marvel & Star Wars are two of my major passions. Hell, I won't even bash Justice League until I see anything...though it's not looking so good for that movie; which sucks since JL could be just as good as Avengers, if done right.

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #924
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Thanos can take the Avengers movie team without the gauntlet and gems or whatever. Hulk could give him trouble, but not enough to where he can beat him. I guess it depends on how bad they want to make him.
Thor and the FF's Ben Grimm teamed up and held their own against Thanos in Marvel Two In One Annual #2. I'm pretty sure Thor and The Hulk can handle him.

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #925
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baerrtt View Post
10 years ago saw a STAR WARS movie get outgrossed domestically by SPIDER MAN and internationally by THE TWO TOWERS so the idea of AVENGERS 2 beating the next entry into that franchise isn't impossible.
Yup. I remember the Star Wars boards going ballistic When Raimi's Spider- Man spanked SW at the box office lol

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.