The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Is it time to legalize pot?
Yes 177 74.37%
No 48 20.17%
I don't know 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #451
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Kind of sucks that federally it can still be cracked on regardless of it being deemed legal by the state.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #452
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I'll be curious to see how legalization effects society.
Maybe it will help us stop confusing verbs and nouns.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #453
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
Maybe it will help us stop confusing verbs and nouns.
I'll give you that one. Just this once.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #454
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Kind of sucks that federally it can still be cracked on regardless of it being deemed legal by the state.
But at least there will be national debate about state rights and ending prohibition.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #455
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
True, but less than you might think. More than 95% of drug arrests are done by state/local law enforcement. The feds cannot make states enforce federal laws. So potentially, the vast majority of simple possession arrests will cease in these states.

The DEA has very limtied manpower relative to state/local police, so they can really only target big fish. DEA's main tactic recently has been to target landlords and threaten them with CSA violations if they don't evict dispensary tenants.

It will be interesting to see how the DOJ responds to these new laws. The creation and enforcement of criminal laws is one of the most highly protected state powers. For the DOJ to continue to crack down will raise very serious constitutional issues.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #456
Anti-Moderator
The Worst Kind

This is a beautiful thing. I just wished Arkansas could have gotten over the hump. The south really has a ways to go before "we" wake up.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #457
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Question:

If an employer sends you for a drug test and marijuana is present in your system can they still fire you for it? Alcohol is a legal substance but if found in your system you can be fired. Alcohol however clears your system much much much quicker than marijuana.

Also could they refuse to hire you because of it? Due to marijuana staying in your system longer than alcohol i think this should be addressed. If i smoke at the beginning of the week but a dryg test at the end of the week shows me still having it in my system i dont think that shpuld be grounds for termination. Hair tests go back even further. What if i smoke a month ago and i test positive a month later? They shouldnt be able to fire you for something you did legally in your own time off company hours a month prior.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #458
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

I'm amazed something like this ever fails. Think about it

Liberals: enjoy recreational marijuana use
Conservatives: prefer state government controlled initiatives

Liberals: like more revenue from taxes
Conservatives: are for small businesses

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE GETTING THIS???????????

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #459
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post

Cause weed is evil...clearly.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #460
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Question:

If an employer sends you for a drug test and marijuana is present in your system can they still fire you for it? Alcohol is a legal substance but if found in your system you can be fired. Alcohol however clears your system much much much quicker than marijuana.

Also could they refuse to hire you because of it? Due to marijuana staying in your system longer than alcohol i think this should be addressed. If i smoke at the beginning of the week but a dryg test at the end of the week shows me still having it in my system i dont think that shpuld be grounds for termination. Hair tests go back even further. What if i smoke a month ago and i test positive a month later? They shouldnt be able to fire you for something you did legally in your own time off company hours a month prior.
Employers can only enforce employer rules...if they say no weed and they detect weed you can be fired....Look at the NFL

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #461
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Question:

I think there's a blood test that measures the last couple of hours which could be used to monitor the workplace.

Hopefully most employers in those states won't screen for cannabis use when hiring since it will be legal for all adults.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #462
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post

Because we don't need this

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #463
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Employers can only enforce employer rules...if they say no weed and they detect weed you can be fired....Look at the NFL
Employer rules do not extend beyond the workplace. If I smoke at home a week ago off company property and hours then they should have no jurisdiction regarding it regardless if trace amounts are in my system. See it isnt like alcohol. When alcohol is still showing up in your system you are probably still being effected by it. Marijuana leaves trace chemicals long after it stops effecting you. Point being they need a test to tell roughly when you smoked it.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #464
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Employer rules do not extend beyond the workplace. If I smoke at home a week ago off company property and hours then they should have no jurisdiction regarding it regardless if trace amounts are in my system. See it isnt like alcohol. When alcohol is still showing up in your system you are probably still being effected by it. Marijuana leaves trace chemicals long after it stops effecting you. Point being they need a test to tell roughly when you smoked it.
its still up to the employer...most jobs dont say dont do drugs on the job they say dont do drugs period. So unless they change their rules you can be fired. The NFL came out and said regardless of the laws of the states marijuana is still banned to their players.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #465
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

But alcohol is a drug so the question becomes why do the make an exception for booze but not cannabis?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #466
roach
I am the night

Dude Im just the messenger...I didnt make the rules.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #467
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Dude Im just the messenger...I didnt make the rules.
I didn't say you did.

But I do feel that hypocrisy should be addressed instead of employers taking a knee jerk response to cannabis just because of old stigmas.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #468
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

This is insane...

"In WA, starting Dec 6th, you can legally possess 1 oz bud, 16oz edibles, 72oz oil or lotions."

- Norml

Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #469
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
This is insane...

"In WA, starting Dec 6th, you can legally possess 1 oz bud, 16oz edibles, 72oz oil or lotions."

- Norml
This is explored in more depth here - http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...lize-marijuana

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #470
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I really hope the recent bills that have passed can persuade the Fed to legalize it. Now that Obama has nothing to lose in terms of reelection, I think there's a much better chance that it happens.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #471
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Question:

Short answer is yes, at least in Colorado. Amendment 64 specifically provides that employers may still ďhave policies restricting the use of marijuana by employees.Ē This suggests that employers can hire/refuse to hire people for positive marijuana tests.

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't agree with that provision. I'm not sure about Washington's stance on it. Their ballot measure was like 55 pages and I'm less familiar with it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #472
Changeling
Banned User

Are any of you dudes ents?

If not go to this website immediately

reddit.com/r/trees

Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #473
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I really hope the recent bills that have passed can persuade the Fed to legalize it. Now that Obama has nothing to lose in terms of reelection, I think there's a much better chance that it happens.
Completely agreed with this. im thinking this term hes going to go pretty easy on weed.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #474
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

in Detroit, a city-wide proposal to decriminalize possession of less than one ounce of marijuana on private property was affirmed—however—city council immediately states that they will not make moves to implement this, claiming that state and federal law still sees all cannabis as illegal (a statewide approval of medical marijuana that passed 4 years ago faces ongoing legal challenges from the ATF raids and the GOP-aligned attorney general who has been in office 2 years now.)

Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #475
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
This is insane...

- Norml
that is awesome.

Reports show that Colorado and Washingtons populations have tripled in the past couple of days. Weird.