The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #376
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Is "The Dark Knight Rises" as grounded in reality as its predecessors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Yup , misquoting and distorting my words is very civil. Very.
If you think I'm so out of line then report me. Because I'm within an inch of doing it to you if you keep this up. I don't take this kind of rubbish from anyone.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #377
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is "The Dark Knight Rises" as grounded in reality as its predecessors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
If you think I'm so out of line then report me. Because I'm within an inch of doing it to you if you keep this up. I don't take this kind of rubbish from anyone.
I have no idea how to do that.

You can report me how many ways you want . I assume they will read the threads , and your behavior is very clear.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #378
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
I have no idea how to do that.
You have two options;

1. Hit the report button on the bottom left hand side of my posts. It's a little danger warning symbol.
2. Send a PM to one of the moderators

Quote:
You can report me how many ways you want. I assume they will read the threads , and your behavior is very clear.
As is yours; Insulting.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #379
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
You have two options;

1. Hit the report button on the bottom left hand side of my posts. It's a little danger warning symbol.
2. Send a PM to one of the moderators

As is yours; Insulting.
So do it.

I dont think you need to announce it.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #380
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Tequila, it seems to me you have bitten off more than you can chew and are not reading what is being posted in the replies properly. Either walk away or start reading the replies correctly, because all you are doing at the moment is stirring a fight.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #381
TheBat447
Side-Kick

In reality, is it possible for your face to become as disfigured as Harvey Dent's without dying? Also, the whole Scarecrow thing in the first film is a little far-fetched.

I did enjoy the films though.

TheBat447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #382
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Is "The Dark Knight Rises" as grounded in reality as its predecessors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Tequila, it seems to me you have bitten off more than you can chew and are not reading what is being posted in the replies properly. Either walk away or start reading the replies correctly, because all you are doing at the moment is stirring a fight.

Maybe its my bad english...a shame.

Nice to know what you can and can't do here.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #383
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Wow, Joker, why so sensitive? just ignore him if you don't like what he has to say...

Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #384
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, some people should just ignore others.

So much hatred in the Bat boards and it's been this way since I registered on here.

But, I don't know why anyone is solely pointing at Joker here. He and I have had fine discussions back and forth and he wasn't "so sensitive" at all.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #385
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Because I've seen him get into more confrontations and whine more about other posters than anybody else on this forum, haha. Lots of people get frustrated in discussions with him, because he's incredibly absolute in his viewpoints, very rarely acknowledging the other sides' good points and focusing solely on arguing to be right rather than having mutually beneficial conversations. Either way, most people on these boards just need to know when you have to just agree to disagree and let it go. "I don't take this kind of rubbish from anyone"? That is straight up comedic. I mean come on, this is the internet, stop flexing your e-dick, laugh it off and just ignore it.

Not trying to be a dick, just an objective observation.

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #386
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat447 View Post
In reality, is it possible for your face to become as disfigured as Harvey Dent's without dying? Also, the whole Scarecrow thing in the first film is a little far-fetched.
Nay. Dent would have died from infection. He was half burn skull face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, some people should just ignore others.

So much hatred in the Bat boards and it's been this way since I registered on here.
Bat fans, and especially Nolan fans have like the worst reps.

Quote:
But, I don't know why anyone is solely pointing at Joker here. He and I have had fine discussions back and forth and he wasn't "so sensitive" at all.
Yup Joker's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Because I've seen him get into more confrontations and whine more about other posters than anybody else on this forum, haha. Lots of people get frustrated in discussions with him, because he's incredibly absolute in his viewpoints, very rarely acknowledging the other sides' good points and focusing solely on arguing to be right rather than having mutually beneficial conversations. Either way, most people on these boards just need to know when you have to just agree to disagree and let it go. "I don't take this kind of rubbish from anyone"? That is straight up comedic. I mean come on, this is the internet, stop flexing your e-dick, laugh it off and just ignore it.

Not trying to be a dick, just an objective observation.
You ain't objective. You're always disagreeing with him. Joker's cool. Most people here are cool. Even you are usually.

But Tequilla deserved that warning fo sho. They got rules about crap stirring here.

Sorry Hunter rider, I know we ain't supposed to be chattering about this. Off topic and all that.

Last edited by Fudgie; 11-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #387
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Ok fellas, everyone has had their say on this minor disagreement, so back on topic.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #388
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But first can I ask this...

am I cool, Fudgie?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #389
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But first can I ask this...

am I cool, Fudgie?
Yup. Ya stand your ground and ya have a good wit. Me likey that.

Anyway back on topic which is if Rises more grounded than the other movies? I say nay. It's more unreal than the other two I reckon. Even with Two Face's burned skull face from TDK.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #390
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post

Quote:
Anyway back on topic which is if Rises more grounded than the other movies? I say nay. It's more unreal than the other two I reckon. Even with Two Face's burned skull face from TDK.
TDKR is of course the most least grounded film of the trilogy.

In terms of realism, I have always thought of it as...

Batman Begins - 80%

The Dark Knight - 60%

The Dark Knight Rises - 40%

Throughout the trilogy it become less about hyper realism and feels more and more like a true CBM.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #391
BaleISBatman4ev
Side-Kick

Quote:

The only reason TDKR is more comic booky and unreal in my estimation... is that it deals with a much larger canvas which is harder to imagine then say... Joker taking over a building and a couple boats.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #392
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I've never felt any of them were logistically realistic, but always FELT realistic in context. I thought TDKR's were slightly more noticeable the first time around, but upon subsequent viewings it was pretty equal to the other two.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #393
batfreakforever
A real fan

To me the movies are the beginning, middle and end of one big story. It's Bruce wayne story. Each movie isnt better than each other or less grounded in realism than each other. They are in the same universe. Thinking of the question above now, I think you shouldnt use the word realism. You should say something like, does Rises fit with the established rules and action/storys presented in the fist two films.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #394
batfreakforever
A real fan

like I said before, Rises does fit with what was established in the other two films.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #395
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Ever since the end of BB, I always imagined this trilogy continuing to "escalate" in terms of becoming more and more like a CBM. It didn't go down exactly like that though, and there was a lot of genre-shifting and bending along the way. TDKR ended up feeling the most "Batman" to me of all the films though. It felt very much like a sprawling graphic novel that was the mutant child of Knightfall, No Man's land, Dark Knight Returns, The Demon Trilogy (with a dash of Grant Morrison's epic treatment of the Caped Crusader).

Granted, the first two films clearly had tons of comic influences too, but somehow sum of all of TDKR's influences just ended up having a more complete Batman-y feel to me.

So yeah, in a sense I thought it was the most comic booky, but I still found it very consistent with BB and TDK in terms of tone and aesthetic.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #396
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaleISBatman4ev View Post
The only reason TDKR is more comic booky and unreal in my estimation... is that it deals with a much larger canvas which is harder to imagine then say... Joker taking over a building and a couple boats.
Yup. The stuff Bane does in this is soooooo unrealistic.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #397
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The stuff with Bane doesn't even come to mind when I think of TDKR being the least grounded. When I think of what makes TDKR the least grounded film, I think of The Bat.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #398
Anno_Domini
Banned User

After thinking about TDKR earlier today, I really thought of a few things that I would have added to the film and those are...

- I think by the end of the film Selina's friend, Jen, should have died, because even if it seems like she was a bad friend to have, she was still a friend and her death would definitely cut all ties from Gotham. Perhaps a death like that would even make Selina fully becoming a "good guy" make even more sense.

- With all the big talk the Mayor had towards Batman on Dent Day, I would have liked to see the Mayor talking to Gordon the morning after Batman's return on what Gordon plans on doing with arresting Batman while also giving some hints to the Mayor getting rid of Gordon during the spring time since that Congressman even mentioned it to Foley earlier.

- While I didn't mind with how the 'voice' of Gotham City was in TDKR, I wouldn't have minded some kind of news being heard throughout Gotham that suggests that Batman could be dead and that's why he returned and then vanished. Something like Spider-Man 3(but not so ****ing corny as hell) to suggest that Batman is dead.

What do you guys think?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #399
Fudgie
Banned User

Why did that Jen chick seem like a bad friend to have? I was getting a bit of a lesbian vibe off her and Selina in one scene where she hugs her from behind.

More Mayor time would have been cool. I liked him a lot in TDK. He didn't have many scenes in this.

Deffo need more nattering about the big comeback of the Bat. This swine came back and he killed their heroic Harvey Dent. Imagine how America would react if Lee Harvey Oswald came back 8 years after JFK died.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #400
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Why did that Jen chick seem like a bad friend to have? I was getting a bit of a lesbian vibe off her and Selina in one scene where she hugs her from behind.
I don't know, it just seemed like she was a bad friend with still being totally fine with the whole 'Storm is Coming' thing while Selina Kyle was already nervous about the ongoing revolution.

And needless to say, I would not have minded some lesbian thing between Jen and Selina, haha.

Quote:
More Mayor time would have been cool. I liked him a lot in TDK. He didn't have many scenes in this.
And yah, the Mayor definitely needed to be shown more. While in TDK he seemed very proactive, the way he was used in TDKR was like him being a real world politician that just doesn't give a **** except for a football game.

Quote:
Deffo need more nattering about the big comeback of the Bat. This swine came back and he killed their heroic Harvey Dent. Imagine how America would react if Lee Harvey Oswald came back 8 years after JFK died.
I just recently saw The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 after I made that last post and I stand by the idea that showing the news a bit more such as when Batman first showed up and then when he vanishes again would have really helped TDKR more. Once again, I am fine about not showing citizens here and there giving their opinions, but I would not mind some news being shown such as GCN and/or how they used it in TDK with just one or two newscasters.