The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: What storylines should be adapted?

I actually would like to see them incorporate Superman: Doomsday into the story. This leaves a lot of room to develop the rest of the cast.

Act One would be the death of Superman. Maybe Darksied sends Doomsday for this very purpose. This is a chance to introduce the rest of the cast.

Act Two would be the league forming and trying to hold off Darksied while Superman heals.

Act Three would be the final battle with Superman joining the league to finish off Darksied.

It's honestly not a very fleshed out premise, but I can see that as a good way to get the rest of the team screen time and not down-playing Superman's abilities.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Awful idea. It basically makes the movie a Superman movie. Superman may be the founder of the JLA, and he may be its most famous member, but the JLA should exist as something beyond Superman's sidekicks and understudies.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

I recently rewatched Crisis on Two Earths (my favorite of the animated movies so far) and really like that idea for an adaption for live action. The whole parallel universe thing as opposed to alien invasion would probably be a welcomed difference between Avengers and JL (as well as a number of other comic book movies of late). The Crime Syndicate have enough personality to carry their own side of the story as villains and what better way to show off the abilities and natures of the heroes (Wonder Woman, Flash, GL, etc) then showing them fighting themselves (essentially).

Also the threat posed by a team of villains could be enough to convince audiences that Superman wouldn't be able to handle it by himself. I'd be ok with the story revolving around Owlman trying to end all existence with that bomb like in the CoTE as cheesy of a concept as that sounds.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
Changeling
Banned User

Id rather see a more iconic villain than Owlman and the Crime Syndicate.
Brainiac or Darkseid

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Awful idea. It basically makes the movie a Superman movie. Superman may be the founder of the JLA, and he may be its most famous member, but the JLA should exist as something beyond Superman's sidekicks and understudies.
To each their our, I guess. The end goal was to develop the rest of the characters without them seeming to be dwarfed by Superman. Like I mentioned, it's nothing I had really thought too hard about, but it seemed like an easy device to pull the League together and sell movie tickets. A trailer promoting the the death of Superman should create a lot of buzz.

I understand that it sounds like a Superman story based on the what I had laid out, but that was meant to be a basic element, there would certainly need to be more than just that as a story.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
Changeling
Banned User

Id rather the death of Superman be reserved for a final JL film or a solo Superman movie

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Id rather the death of Superman be reserved for a final JL film or a solo Superman movie
I'm cool with either. What I don't want is for the movie to have the same feel as the Avengers. One random threat and they have to call all of the heroes to help. I'd like to see them introduced a little more strategically.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #33
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
This thing's gonna be pretty Superman and Batman heavy. Sorry, but that's just the facts.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #34
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
I'd like to see an origin film for the League adapted into Morrison's first arc from the 90's with the White Martians. Merge it with J'onn J'onnz coming to Earth to warn of the invasion and the League forming from there.
That seems like the logical storyline to go with, but comparisons with The Avengers alien Invasion storyline might happen.

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
That seems like the logical storyline to go with, but comparisons with The Avengers alien Invasion storyline might happen.
That's a real concern. I personally would like a version of the OMAC/Max Lord storyline, although that might be better suited for a sequel.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
This thing's gonna be pretty Superman and Batman heavy. Sorry, but that's just the facts.
You can make it favor one or two characters without making the rest literally irrelevant if they are around.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #37
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
You can make it favor one or two characters without making the rest literally irrelevant if they are around.
It's true. I'd prefer to see the other heroes introduced independently, similar to New Frontier. DC doesn't have the luxury of those origins already known by the general audience, I'm expecting it to be more difficult than what the Avengers did.

The reason that I suggested a Death of Superman story is because it shows a time without Superman, when the other heroes can really shine.