The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #76
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

I just got confirmation that i'll have my hands in a copy at least 4 days before its gets released here (the 28th , so maybe 24)

Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #77
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat447 View Post
How rare/collectible do people suspect the broken cowl edition will become? (in the UK) I'm considering ordering it but I also want the steelbook for my collection.
Good question.
In Sweden, it's already sold out in all internet stores except one.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #78
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

I'm a collector of DVDs, Blu-rays and special edition film film stuff. My goal is to get every edition of TDKR including store exclusives.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #79
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
I'm a collector of DVDs, Blu-rays and special edition film film stuff. My goal is to get every edition of TDKR including store exclusives.

spread the wealth please

Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Has anyone gone in store to a Best Buy to pre-order?

I'm wondering if it'll be like The Avengers, where pre-ordering in store will get me the Steel Book that day, and then I come and pick up the movie when it's released. I can't tell if they're already giving the steel books or if I need to wait closer to December 4th.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #81
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
http://www.target.com/p/the-dark-kni...knight%20rises

And yes they are called digibooks, my mistake. I've never seen one actually open but I like the bane version. It'll be that or best buys steelbook so can see 'Reborn'

"Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook Combo Pack contains Blu-ray, DVD and Ultraviolet with original 25-page comic depicting the prologue from the film plus 7 pages of filmmaker concept art. Each copy includes exclusive lenticular lens cover designed to showcase images of Batman vs. Bane when held from different angles"
Man I don't know whether to buy Target's for the comic prologue or Best Buy's for the Reborn documentary.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #82
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Man I don't know whether to buy Target's for the comic prologue or Best Buy's for the Reborn documentary.
I wonder if the Reborn documentary is like an ultraviolet code or if its on the actual disc. Idk about the lenticular lens, But the comic book prologue and bane cover sold me. However I really like the bestbuy steelbook so ill probably buy both.

Preordered broken cowl on Walmart, it sold out a couple days later, amazon and others still have them, I imagined the stores would get a couple in to sell but wonder if its online only. I thought I may need to preorder the target digibook because its says not sold in stores but it also says that for the main bluray. And like the one guy was saying still have to check the Sunday ads before it comes out, Kmart or some mall stores could have other exclusive versions.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #83
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Has anyone gone in store to a Best Buy to pre-order?

I'm wondering if it'll be like The Avengers, where pre-ordering in store will get me the Steel Book that day, and then I come and pick up the movie when it's released. I can't tell if they're already giving the steel books or if I need to wait closer to December 4th.
it used to be listed on the Best Buy website, I was actually wondering this also. I am not sure if I should just order it online.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #84
JackWhite
Third Man

So what's everyone's most anticipated special feature?

Mine has to be the inside look at the Batman and Bane fights, with The journey of Bruce Wayne as a close second.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #85
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #86
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I've got mine pre-booked already. We get it on November 30th here in Ireland. The Batmobile featurette looks really good.

- The Joker
Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #87
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I've got mine pre-booked already. We get it on November 30th here in Ireland. The Batmobile featurette looks really good.
I'm guessing your from the south of Ireland... Friday is such a weird release day to me.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #88
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I'm guessing your from the south of Ireland... Friday is such a weird release day to me.
I'm from Dublin. Are you up North?

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #89
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I always wondered why I liked ya, Joker. You're Irish and I am part Irish, haha.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #90
Hunter Rider
Ronin

That Batmobile featurette looks cool.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #91
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
So what's everyone's most anticipated special feature?

Mine has to be the inside look at the Batman and Bane fights, with The journey of Bruce Wayne as a close second.
I'd like to see how they choreographed the fight too, it looked more like a street brawl that they probably watched a Rocky movie to prep up.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #92
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I think they watched the entire Rocky III for prep with TDKR, lol.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #93
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I always wondered why I liked ya, Joker. You're Irish and I am part Irish, haha.
Ah very good Ever been to Ireland?

It's actually been a good year to be an Irish fanboy. We got Skyfall before the U.S. and we're getting TDKR on DVD/blu-ray a few days earlier, too.

- The Joker
Old 11-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #94
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Ah very good Ever been to Ireland?

It's actually been a good year to be an Irish fanboy. We got Skyfall before the U.S. and we're getting TDKR on DVD/blu-ray a few days earlier, too.
I actually plan on visiting Ireland next year at some point. Right now, I believe it'll be during the summer, or at least that's when the entire family are all free to head there.

And yah, I love living in the US, but it kinda sucks when other countries have so much more perks when it comes to movies, lol.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #95
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Wait, we do?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 11-09-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #96
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
I'm from Dublin. Are you up North?
Yep. I'm from Derry/Londonderry.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #97
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Are all the shots in this new sizzle reel included in the film since it seems to be the (or one of the) final trailers?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #98
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I actually plan on visiting Ireland next year at some point. Right now, I believe it'll be during the summer, or at least that's when the entire family are all free to head there.

And yah, I love living in the US, but it kinda sucks when other countries have so much more perks when it comes to movies, lol.
Well if you're planning on coming to Dublin give me a shout. I can recommend some good sights to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Wait, we do?
We do. HMV are taking pre-bookings for a November 30th release. I've got mine pre-booked already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Yep. I'm from Derry/Londonderry.
Very good. You're actually the second forum member I've known from there.

- The Joker
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #99
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well if you're planning on coming to Dublin give me a shout. I can recommend some good sights to see.
Will do man

Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #100
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
I just got confirmation that i'll have my hands in a copy at least 4 days before its gets released here (the 28th , so maybe 24)
Awesome! I'm guessing the Blu-ray will leak online the week of November 19th.

Closed Thread