The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Old 10-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #26
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bay Replying to Weaving's Comments

Ha, yeah seriously. Don't offend Princess Artist or he'll make cgi explosions at you!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
gkokujin
Side-Kick

now that i reread this a few days later.

Weaving was simply saying he felt disconnected from the movie.

Yes Bay over reacted. But why is this a surprise from a douchebag? He's reacted douchebaggy before, especially towards fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #28
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

He may have not intended for it to sound that way, but it did come off that way. It was just not the professional thing to do. You can have your opinions of the film whatever they are. This isn't about that. It's about the principal really of just knowing what to say and what not to say and with this and Cap - I'm really put off by the whole thing and unsure how anyone can back it up other than not liking the films and their view not dependent on only the business course of matters. If it was just this, yeah - maybe the quote was put out of place, but with this and then the next day (or previous, forgot) being Cap - something just doesn't sit right with me in the matters of why he's possibly doing this. Bale handled it professionally with 'Reign of Fire,' these just weren't tactful at all.

ADDING: Seriously put the notion of opinions on the films out of mind and thoughts on Bay and just focus on the business aspects, then compare Bale's more professional approach to Hugo's directly coming after two of his own films (which seems to say - in business terms - 'I want to be taken as a more serious actor now, so just forget those films I made').

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-19-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hey Michael Bay, you got Hugo Weaving for Megatron for 3 films instead of Frank Welker. Frank Welker ALWAYS does his work with a smile afterwards and is a consummate professional. Fans wanted Frank Welker. Peter Cullen wanted Frank Welker. YOU wanted Hugo Weaving. That's on you dude.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #30
Chris B
Side-Kick

Personally, I stand by the fact that one of the biggest mistakes Bay made with the TF films was passing over Frank Welker as the voice of Megatron. Especially after seeing how Welker suitably updated the Megatron voice for 'Transformers: Prime'. Which I think would've sounded great in a live-action movie.

I don't think he did a bad job, but Weaving's voice was always kind off generic to me.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
Viral
Side-Kick

There's a big possibility for Galvatron to appear in TF4 so there's a big chance to hear Frank Welker again.

Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #32
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Or Leonard Nimoy.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #33
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Frank Welker already does all the peripheral Transformers movie stuff as Megatron. He does the videogames and he also did the Universal Studios ride.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make it Weaving but I mean it was pointless. No one went to see that movie because of Hugo Weaving voicing a classic character. Hopefully he's learned his lesson in this case, but whatever.

Megatron's dead in the movies now but I mean . . . death never really seems to stop these characters.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Weaving - "Yeah I wasn't that involved and that job wasn't very meaningful"

Bay - "YOU TRAITOR, HOW DARE YOU! YOU UNGRATEFUL CRY BABY! I EXPECT LIFELONG LOYALTY BECAUSE I GAVE YOU SOME MONEY! THERE ARE STARVING KIDS IN AFRICA! BLAH BLAH BLAH!"
lol pretty much sums it up. Bay just can't handle any form of criticism. He takes it too personally.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Bay's reaction was kinda over the top.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Yes, but he does make a good point. Not against Weaving, necessarily, but in general.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #37
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Frank Welker already does all the peripheral Transformers movie stuff as Megatron. He does the videogames and he also did the Universal Studios ride.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make it Weaving but I mean it was pointless. No one went to see that movie because of Hugo Weaving voicing a classic character. Hopefully he's learned his lesson in this case, but whatever.

Megatron's dead in the movies now but I mean . . . death never really seems to stop these characters.
This. The purpose of that casting was to have a name actor among the voice actors of the robots themselves. It wasn't because he was a better fit than welker.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #38
Hunter Rider
Ronin

No tact from Weaving regarding this or Red Skull by the looks of things, at any rate I wonder if he took Bay up on the donation challenge, put your money where your mouth is as the saying goes.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmmm looks like some of the cast from the trilogy didn't have much respect for Michael Bay.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Eh, Bay is always gonna be the one you root against in pretty much any debate, just be default of being Bay. Even if he is in the right.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote