2 1 0.38%
1 - I'd rather eat Spider-Man's spleen than watch this 2 0.76%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #751
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Same here. The more I watch it, the more I like it. This one's personally my favourite Spidey film so far.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #752
Zucaro
The Unbroken

I actually enjoyed the film more when I saw it on Blu Ray .. It is a great visual treat!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #753
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I had a chance to watch the first hour of TAS-M before my gal and I went to watch Skyfall and I have to say...still enjoy the first fifty minutes. While it re-did the origin, I did appreciate the set up and the building of Peter exploring his powers and slowly becoming this vigilante, but I don't know...once Peter put on the suit, that's when I always started to dislike the film. First, the very quick montage of Peter making the suit didn't help and then once the second hour begins, Lizard becomes a focal point and I've been very vocal on my feelings over the portrayal of Curt Connors and the Lizard persona.

Don't know if I'll be watching the second half though, maybe that'll wait until I rent TAS-M sometime.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #754
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetspike123 View Post
Top Spider-Man films imo.
1.Spider-Man 2
2.Amazing Spider-Man
3.Spider-Man
4.Spider-Man 3.
Same ranking as myself.

- The Joker
Old 11-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #755
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

The ones with the guy, maybe we now forgot who he is Tony or Toli I guess LOL. After watching Andrew in Spiderman I now see him as the spiderman. Tobey yes I know the name was good but Andrew put a better focus and more life to Peter and I enjoyed watching him not acting like a Bleep up like Tobey. I would love to see JK SImmons back as Jameson in the sequel but toned down and mean more with some facial hair and a new look close to his Jonah. I have to say Amazing spiderman is now my favorite I cant get through half of the others not being bored so I hope they keep it up and we see new villains and stories up to Venom, a much better version of course and better story to that.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #756
Blackman
C'mon Son

Finally saw this. I wanted to like this a lot but i had a lot of problems with it
-I thought it was paced/edited weird. It felt like they blew through things too fast to me for some reason. I cant really describe it.
-Lizard was a really meh villain. I think they shouldve had more with his family or something and they shouldve really tried to amplify that whole Jekyll vs Hyde aspect like they touched upon. I also didnt like the design of the Lizard at all
-I still dont feel like they got Peter Parker persona right. He still wasnt really that funny guy, despite being a loner. Although they had a bit of Spidey being funny they couldve done that more (although I feel that'll be more present in the sequel)
-I HATED most of the interactions between Gwen and Peter. It felt like me like Webb didnt like how they were in the script and he just told Garfield and Stone to improvise and that didnt work out for me
-Also I didnt really like Stone as Gwen. Stone has a lot of personality and is very funny to me, but Gwen was so boring. Also telling Gwen that he's Spider-Man after one date? That was really...stupid to me
-Denis Leary as George Stacy was underused. They shouldve kept him for more than 1 film
-CGI wasnt that good in some scenes, especially if the budget for this was 230 mill like reported
-I thought the score was kinda underwhelming

However:
-I thought the costume was really good. The only problem I had during the set pics were the lenses but they looked fine here
-The action was handled well, especially the school fight scene. It also had a few Spidey quips which I liked
-The swinging scenes looked awesome. I really liked the idea POV shots
-I actually really liked the scene where Flash talks to Peter after Uncle Ben's death
-Garfield did pretty good in the role. I cant wait to see him grow more into the role in sequels
-Martin Sheen and Sally Field as Ben and May were good. It needed some more Sally Field tho
-I liked Spidey developing from a guy beating thugs for his own personal gain to saving people
-I liked how they're building up the mystery of what happened to Peter's parents

Overall, it had a lot of flaws but it was decent. THere is a lot of room for improvement. Im not sure exactly what i'd give it somewhere between 6.5-7/10

Last edited by Blackman; 11-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #757
the last son
Side-Kick

On my second viewing I stand by my A- that I issued on my first viewing.Best comic book movie of the summer. The only complaint was how Peter and Gwen I thought it could have been developed a little better. Also, more screen time between Peter and Aunt May. Bring on the foxx

Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #758
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Finally got to watch it last night. I thought it was pretty darn good. Not great, but a lot better than I expected.

I think what I liked best was the way they had him make poses that looked right from the comics.

What I liked least was Field as Aunt May. She's a great actress and was good in the role she had...but not once could I picture her as Aunt May from the comics.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #759
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Finally got to watch it last night. I thought it was pretty darn good. Not great, but a lot better than I expected.

I think what I liked best was the way they had him make poses that looked right from the comics.

What I liked least was Field as Aunt May. She's a great actress and was good in the role she had...but not once could I picture her as Aunt May from the comics.
Nice to hear

Think of her more as Ultimate Aunt May or TSSM Aunt May, I think she's more supposed to be like those versions in this film.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #760
C. Lee
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post

Think of her more as Ultimate Aunt May or TSSM Aunt May, I think she's more supposed to be like those versions in this film.
Well....never read any of those. Every comic I read, animated series, live action series, or movie adaptation I watched until this one had her as an older frail grey haired lady. I started reading Spidey in the mid 60's....so I got kinda used to her that way.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #761
I Am Jack's...
Complete Lack Of Surprise

Watched this on Blu-Ray for the first time since the theater. I love it just as much this time. It's got problems, but I like it too much to really care. Definitely in my top 5 CBM's.

And now I really can't wait for the sequel. So excited.

"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler Durden
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #762
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I purchased two copies of ASM on release day. I bought the Target exclusive and the steelbook exclusive from Best Buy. I watched the film twice over the weekend and had a chance to sit thru all the special features with the exception of the bonus disc from Target...I'm probably gonna watch that one sometime this week. If anyone wants a heads up on that disc and what it entails, you can PM me cause I'm probably not gonna make a separate post just for that disc.

I only got to see the film twice in theaters, once in 2D and once in 3D and I loved it more after the second viewing. But as the months past and the discussions on this board began to focus on the negative aspects of the film...well, it's difficult to try to remember everything about the movie and therefore I was beginning to wonder if my initial reactions to the movie were sincere. Being honest, I was a bit apprehensive about seeing the film again on Bluray cause I was worried that the negativity around here might affect my judgement. Normally I'm stout with my opinions but it's sometimes difficult to subdue certain ideas from peers and remain firm about my beliefs.

I guess that's why I am even more relieved than anything to report that my enjoyment factor or love or whatever you'd like to call it for ASM is either on par with my theatrical viewings or possibly even more so. I waited until after dark to watch the movie with dim lighting in my living room and was totally immersed in the film from the start. Almost everything about the movie is what I have wanted to see in a Spider-man origin. The pacing felt better this time around and felt like there was a good flow. There are some issues here and there but imo they are very minor indeed and are easily diminished by the overwhelming positives.

All the actors involved gave some great performances and the gritty, realistic style from Webb was a def hit imo. The world that ASM is set in had so many nice touches to it and I love the look and feel of Webb's design and filmmaking techniques. Horner's score is fantastic. The action sequences, although short, were very well done. The chemistry between Gwen and Pete is endearing. Absolutely love the look of the new suit in this movie and the clarity of the stunning visuals from the Bluray transfer only heighten my feelings. Spidey looked fantastic and the poses were spot on. The Lizard was a perfect choice for the origin movie and I felt that they did a good job with Connors and his motivations and just his character in general. Although it would have been nice to see some more development with possibly some scenes with his family I otherwise really enjoyed ASM's take.

As for the deleted scenes...I honestly did not miss them one bit. Not at all. I like how ASM is being set up to play out like a series. Webb has said that he cut those scenes for a reason and I can only speculate as to what those are but I imagine it will be revealed in the sequel.

So, that's my mini review. ASM is a solid Spidey flick and I'm very excited for the next installment.

Last edited by UltimateWebhead; 11-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #763
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Watched it again yesterday. It was a lot better when I watched it in movie theater. Great movie but there was a lot of little things I didn't like like Peter told to Gwen too soon that he was Spider-Man. I have to watch it again this weekend.

Last edited by Galactus123; 11-13-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #764
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I purchased two copies of ASM on release day. I bought the Target exclusive and the steelbook exclusive from Best Buy. I watched the film twice over the weekend and had a chance to sit thru all the special features with the exception of the bonus disc from Target...I'm probably gonna watch that one sometime this week. If anyone wants a heads up on that disc and what it entails, you can PM me cause I'm probably not gonna make a separate post just for that disc.

I only got to see the film twice in theaters, once in 2D and once in 3D and I loved it more after the second viewing. But as the months past and the discussions on this board began to focus on the negative aspects of the film...well, it's difficult to try to remember everything about the movie and therefore I was beginning to wonder if my initial reactions to the movie were sincere. Being honest, I was a bit apprehensive about seeing the film again on Bluray cause I was worried that the negativity around here might affect my judgement. Normally I'm stout with my opinions but it's sometimes difficult to subdue certain ideas from peers and remain firm about my beliefs.

I guess that's why I am even more relieved than anything to report that my enjoyment factor or love or whatever you'd like to call it for ASM is either on par with my theatrical viewings or possibly even more so. I waited until after dark to watch the movie with dim lighting in my living room and was totally immersed in the film from the start. Almost everything about the movie is what I have wanted to see in a Spider-man origin. The pacing felt better this time around and felt like there was a good flow. There are some issues here and there but imo they are very minor indeed and are easily diminished by the overwhelming positives.

All the actors involved gave some great performances and the gritty, realistic style from Webb was a def hit imo. The world that ASM is set in had so many nice touches to it and I love the look and feel of Webb's design and filmmaking techniques. Horner's score is fantastic. The action sequences, although short, were very well done. The chemistry between Gwen and Pete is endearing. Absolutely love the look of the new suit in this movie and the clarity of the stunning visuals from the Bluray transfer only heighten my feelings. Spidey looked fantastic and the poses were spot on. The Lizard was a perfect choice for the origin movie and I felt that they did a good job with Connors and his motivations and just his character in general. Although it would have been nice to see some more development with possibly some scenes with his family I otherwise really enjoyed ASM's take.

As for the deleted scenes...I honestly did not miss them one bit. Not at all. I like how ASM is being set up to play out like a series. Webb has said that he cut those scenes for a reason and I can only speculate as to what those are but I imagine it will be revealed in the sequel.

So, that's my mini review. ASM is a solid Spidey flick and I'm very excited for the next installment.
I'm very glad to hear this good ol' Webhead!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #765
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
The Lizard was a perfect choice for the origin movie and I felt that they did a good job with Connors and his motivations and just his character in general. Although it would have been nice to see some more development with possibly some scenes with his family I otherwise really enjoyed ASM's take.

As for the deleted scenes...I honestly did not miss them one bit.

Most of the deleted scenes involve character development for Connors. Although none of it seems significant. I would of liked seeing the scene with Connors visiting his son kept in the film cut.

It's still really good

Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #766
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I'm very glad to hear this good ol' Webhead!
Me too lol. I was breathing sighs of relief after the 1st viewing on Bluray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Most of the deleted scenes involve character development for Connors. Although none of it seems significant. I would of liked seeing the scene with Connors visiting his son kept in the film cut.

It's still really good
Yeah, some scenes that could have shown Connors and his family would have helped his characterization even more but I'm totally fine with his development in the theatrical cut.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #767
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

The deleted scenes filled in some of the blanks for sure, and if you listen to Marc Webb's commentary he says that if they explained everything the movie would be 6 hours long. As for the film, I feel that it was pretty good. I enjoyed it more when I watched the key scenes(Not just the Spider-man scenes). But as I whole, when I finished I felt that, as a whole, the movie brought out my inner teenager, not my inner Spider-Man.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #768
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
1.Spider-Man 2
2.Amazing Spider-Man
3.Spider-Man
4.Spider-Man 3.
Same exact ranking for me as well.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #769
Slushy
The Man

The Amazing Spider-Man was better than Spider-Man 3, but that's not saying much.

Liked:

Peter's parents being brought up. An important part of Spider-Man's lore that was ignored in Raimi's trilogy.

Andrew Garfield was a better Spider-Man.

Loved how Flash got OWNED by Parker. Much better than the silly hallway scene in the original.

The guy that played Dr. Connors was better than Dylan Baker.

Peter beating up those gang members.

The wrestling ring as a nod to the scene with Bone Saw in the original.

The first person view as Spider-Man. Especially the web swing into the window reflection to reveal the suit. Fantastic!

Loved the dinner table conversation with Peter and Gwen's father. That was intense!

The Spider-Man Vs. Lizard fight scenes

Lizard wearing the lab coat.

The police mowing down The Lizard Michael Myers style. I wouldn't have minded if he died like that!

The rain scene. Reminded me of Daredevil.

The Man In The Shadows. If its not Norman Osbourne, its got to be Mysterio. I didn't notice he had a fedora hat with him until now.

Disliked:

Couldn't take Martin Sheen and Sally Field seriously. They overshadow their roles.

Andrew Garfield sucks as Peter Parker.

The way Uncle Ben's fate was handled.

Not a fan of the modified Spider-Man outfit.

I like Emma Stone, but as Gwen Stacy, she reminded me too much of Hilary Duff.

Mechanical webshooters being brought back. The organic webshooters were better.

The slow-motion effect was overused. It was cool the first time then it got annoying.

Hated the Lizard's design. I know its based on the original version, but I prefer the dinosaur look. Snout and all.

Dr. Connors talking to himself. Shameful rip-off of Green Goblin.

How Lizard find out Spider-Man was Peter Parker was lame!

Wounded Spider-Man near the end was complete filler.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #770
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Finally saw this, I Unfortunatly didn't see it in Bluray so the movie wasn't a pretty as it should be.

Andrew Garfield was excellent as Peter Parker/Spiderman, I think he nailed the role perfectly.

But the movie's score was terrible, I was disappointed everytime I heard the music. It killed some scenes for me.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #771
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Well....never read any of those. Every comic I read, animated series, live action series, or movie adaptation I watched until this one had her as an older frail grey haired lady. I started reading Spidey in the mid 60's....so I got kinda used to her that way.
You haven't watched SSM? You need to. Now. It's still my favorite non-comic adaptation of Spidey ever. Including all the films.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #772
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Finally saw this, I Unfortunatly didn't see it in Bluray so the movie wasn't a pretty as it should be.

Andrew Garfield was excellent as Peter Parker/Spiderman, I think he nailed the role perfectly.

But the movie's score was terrible, I was disappointed everytime I heard the music. It killed some scenes for me.
I don't think the score itself was terrible, but there were definitely some musical cues in certain scenes which didn't necessarily fit and should have been done differently (i.e. -- Gwen tending to and talking to Peter after his confrontation with the Lizard in the sewers).

5-.-2-.-14

Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #773
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
1.Spider-Man 2
2.Amazing Spider-Man
3.Spider-Man
4.Spider-Man 3.
^ This!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #774
C. Lee
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
You haven't watched SSM? You need to. Now. It's still my favorite non-comic adaptation of Spidey ever. Including all the films.
Earlier this year I was able to buy all of them when WalMart put them on sale before the movie came out....but I haven't got around to watching them yet.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #775
amazing_spidey
New User - Level 0

Default Finally! Spiderman as he should be !!

11/10 !-- I registered here just to make this post. I didn't even know about this film until i watched a dvdrip and then immediately ordered the Bluray off Amazon five minuted after it finished! Just blows away the Rami films on every level possible!

FINALLY! Spiderman as it should be. I never liked T Maguire for Spiderman but watched them anyway bc I loved the character as a kid so much..Whomever cast whiny-voiced, soft-bellied Maguire in the Rami films totally blew it. The only reason they made as much money as they did is bc Spiderman is such a beloved character. Had Rami's films not been made, this one would grossed three times as much. I am sure the next two will do much better.

I could run down the long list of details why this film is so far superior to the earlier ones but it would run on too long. Briefly, everything! From the script, the actor's emotional intensity, comedic elements, even the soundtrack was cool!...the wicked lizard monster....Garfield has just the right mix of angst-ridden, melancholic loner geeky-cool genius...and crucially, the right physique and voice for the part... Emma Stone rocks as Gwen. All of it, was dead on imo..

Spidey was always my favorite superhero. I think people will be still be watching this one when Rami's films are long forgotten.

To all the people who worked on this film: THANK YOU, AN AWESOME JOB !! PLEASE MAKE MORE !! Only this time, advertise it a little better. I didn't even know about it till it came out on dvd.

Last edited by amazing_spidey; 11-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Closed Thread