Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
you made a key point.

To have x-men, f4 or avengers on the same universe and keep developing the hate to mutants would feel like a big joke. In fact, comics universe made that mistake, so its a WEAK storytelling decision.
That's why I say Avengers ruined everything. FOX had a really great thing going with First Class and they saw the money Avengers made and got greedy. When you have dollar signs in your eyes it makes it hard to see. They will NEVER make money the way that Avengers did though, no matter how hard they try. And they'll end up ruining both their properties trying.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Hell Its unlikly any of marvel studios will make avengers leval again.If the Dark Knight rises couldn't reach the Dark Knight level what makes people believe marvel will.
Marvel studios only pass 200 Million domesticly when they have Robert Downey JR headlining them.

I for one am more Intrested In toping the Last Stand than the avengers.I don't want the Last Stand remaining as highest grossing X-men film.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #28
Angamb
Banned User

Right now I dont see DOFP getting the 1 billion mark either

but we really dont know what kind of impact the sequel will have, specially having the two casts and such an iconic arc as Days of future, with sentinels and all of that.

So even if we dont get 1 billion, I think Fox has a big chance to gain 700 or maybe 800 millions.

I guess once we have first weekend numbers, the predictions willl say if they are on a great run or not.

I see much potential on this sequel. It will definetly top Last Stand, the question is How far it will go.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right now I dont see DOFP getting the 1 billion mark either

but we really dont know what kind of impact the sequel will have, specially having the two casts and such an iconic arc as Days of future, with sentinels and all of that.

So even if we dont get 1 billion, I think Fox has a big chance to gain 700 or maybe 800 millions.

I guess once we have first weekend numbers, the predictions willl say if they are on a great run or not.

I see much potential on this sequel. It will definetly top Last Stand, the question is How far it will go.
Again the big thing I see repeated on here is the idea that DOFP is a major selling point. It really isn't. It may draw in some fans it wouldn't have gotten before but the majority of people going to see this movie will be X-Men MOVIE fans and not have any attachment to the comic. They'll see it because actor/actress x is in it, or because they enjoyed First Class, or because the trailer looks good (if it does), or because they liked the old trilogy, or because they've got nothing else to see on a Friday night (assuming they bump it to a different date, which they'll have to if they hope to make even 30M during opening weekend).

If adapting a comic with a big fanbase was all it took to rake in money, then movies like Scott Pilgrim would have made a mint. XMOFP has got to bring something that the average movie goer will want to see. Spending two hours nodding at fanboys of an 80's comic is not going to be enough.

I really can't see this movie doing much better financially than TLS. Especially if it's a disaster (which seems more and more likely; I am terrified of Singer turning this into X4 which is NOT the sequel to First Class people want). They've got to tread carefully with this one, or folks will not be so willing to line up for a 3rd movie.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
you made a key point.

To have x-men, f4 or avengers on the same universe and keep developing the hate to mutants would feel like a big joke. In fact, comics universe made that mistake, so its a WEAK storytelling decision.
I disagree, it works in the comics for me and it could work equally in the movies.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Again the big thing I see repeated on here is the idea that DOFP is a major selling point. It really isn't.
And I don't think that the two casts would be such a major selling point either. It would appeal to the people who loved the original trilogy, for sure, but it's not really taking it out of a regular X-Men movie universe and into a major crossover thing like The Avengers. And because it is not an introductory movie I think you'd kinda need to know who the heck everybody is and what their relationships to each other are - again not like The Avengers which was an introductory movie made to be enjoyed by both the people who saw the individual films and those who didn't.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 11-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also I don't like the idea of uniting FF and X-Men. TBH I've never liked X-Men and other heroes in the same universe even in Marvel comics... why is it that X-Men are hated and feared but FF get their own damn tower and are considered celebs? Why is Spider-Man generally a well-liked individual by the folks of New York? Teeecccchnically FF and SM aren't "mutants" per se but using that technicality is like narrow-minded bigots hating people for being born gay but being ok with those who are "accidentally" gay.
Quote:
you made a key point.

I dont think it would be a weak mistake. Those things are being explored in the comics as we speak with teams combined of X Men and Avengers to make a point. Its interesting that characters like Tony Stark or the FF are welcomed as celebrities but mutants are feared because of prejudice reasons. Right now we have zero exploration in the films on what would happen if the general public knew mutants were saving them. There is so much these films could do there on the subject, instead of being the world hates mutants and thats that. Its completely one sided, with little to no insight on the publics views. X Men could work fine in the Marvel Universe for that reaosn imo. Plus if people thought The Avengers was an event could you even imagine an X Men Avengers crossover in the future. Audiences would go ape **** over that. You could do a full universe crossover event, while still having all the solo X Men movies. Its not like it would replace the X Men films or turn into the Avengers, we would just being getting a step closer to matching the crossovers of the comics. Its way too soon to even go Superheros VS Mutants beacuse the X Men still need their own developing but theres nothing wrong with them interacting with characters from other Marvel properties like Franklin if stories originally featured them for the time being.

Last edited by def28; 11-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #33
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I dont think it would be a weak mistake. Those things are being explored in the comics as we speak with teams combined of X Men and Avengers to make a point. Its interesting that characters like Tony Stark or the FF are welcomed as celebrities but mutants are feared because of prejudice reasons. Right now we have zero exploration in the films on what would happen if the general public knew mutants were saving them. There is so much these films could do there on the subject, instead of being the world hates mutants and thats that. Its completely one sided, with little to no insight on the publics views. X Men could work fine in the Marvel Universe for that reaosn imo. Its way too soon to even go Superheros VS Mutants beacuse the X Men still need their own developing but theres nothing wrong with them interacting with characters from other Marvel properties like Franklin if stories originally feature them for the time being.
Tony Stark isn't a mutant though. He's an out-of-the-superhero-closet Batman. He has money and fancy toys, not a mutated chromosome.

The problem with making it all of a sudden okay to be a mutant in the past, which is what the FC trilogy is meant to be, is that we know in the future/"present-ish day" that mutant prejudice is still a really big issue. X2 and X3 revolved around that idea (and we saw bits of it in X1). Heck, the FUTURE involves mutant-hunting giant robots. It can't suddenly be ok to be a mutant in 1978 and then not 20 years later. Not to mention, X-Men has ALWAYS been an allegory for minorities. It's one of the reasons they're so interesting and one of the ways they're separate from other Marvel heroes.

I guess all the FF-ok-mutants-not ok aside, I just don't see how they could introduce FF in movies that deal with the past. If FOX wants to make FF movies they'd have to make the cast young and present-day. As in, they'd have been teenagers in X-Men 1. I don't like the vibe I get from Millar that he'll just screw around some more continuity to make room for a combined universe.

Quote:
And I don't think that the two casts would be such a major selling point either. It would appeal to the people who loved the original trilogy, for sure, but it's not really taking it out of a regular X-Men movie universe and into a major crossover thing like The Avengers. And because it is not an introductory movie I think you'd kinda need to know who the heck everybody is and what their relationships to each other are - again not like The Avengers which was an introductory movie made to be enjoyed by both the people who saw the individual films and those who didn't.
SO much this. So, so so SO much this. I was a big fan of the X-Men movies (before X3), I watched them so many times. And even *I* don't care for the idea of the two casts (I actually really don't like it). X3 was six years ago and left a rotten taste in peoples' mouths. The one everyone loves, X2, will be over a decade old by the time DOFP comes to the big screen. As I whole, I really don't think people are *excited* about the prospect of the old cast returning. I don't think they're against it, but I don't think they care either way. Not to mention, a lot of people who saw First Class never saw the old trilogy. Or care about X-Men. XMFC was excellent as an introductory movie to a new trilogy or as a standalone. It's the "Avengers" of X-Men; you can go back and watch the preceding films or not; it doesn't matter.

Combining the casts feels like DOFP is going to go in one of two directions: 1) Assume everyone has seen the old movies and recognizes the old familiar faces and their individual stories and don't pause to explain, thus alienating everyone with a short-term memory or those who never bothered with the old trilogy (which again would probably be a lot; this is, after all, a First Class sequel, not X4, and the 11 year gap means that a lot of FC's audience would have been too young for X-Men when it first came out). Here the fans win and the general audiences lose and could become frustrated wondering what the heck is going on. 2) Assume people need a refresher on the oldschool heroes, weighing down what could be a fast-paced film with explanation on characters we shouldn't have to care much about. Here the audience gets some much-needed info (so they can feel for the characters) but at the expense of speed and freshness of the film. Yknow, the freshness that was so commonly praised in First Class.

With Singer at the helm and his obvious bias in favor of Stewart, McKellen, and Jackman, I don't have high hopes of him remembering that this was always meant to be XMFC2.

Last edited by blueserenity; 11-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tony Stark isn't a mutant though.
Which is why its a good comparison. Why does the world hate mutant superheros and not human/superpowered ones? Whats the difference?

Quote:
The problem with making it all of a sudden okay to be a mutant in the past, which is what the FC trilogy is meant to be, is that we know in the future/"present-ish day" that mutant prejudice is still a really big issue. X2 and X3 revolved around that idea (and we saw bits of it in X1). Heck, the FUTURE involves mutant-hunting giant robots. It can't suddenly be ok to be a mutant in 1978 and then not 20 years later. Not to mention, X-Men has ALWAYS been an allegory for minorities. It's one of the reasons they're so interesting and one of the ways they're separate from other Marvel heroes.
And it should stay being an allegory for minorities and being different. Thats built in. Im saying explore that more not make everyone ok with it. IN the 60s they should show the publics first discovery of mutants with the fear of being different at an extreme. We havnt seen that yet. Im more talking the future of these films then the DOFP storyline, all we have seen is the world hates mutants and thats it. Nothing has been shown on how the public would react to seeing a mutant saving the world or other people. We dont know how they would react. That thought goes through my head everytime I watch one of these films. Would it change someones opinios on mutants? Or make things worse and put them in a more vulnerable state?

Last edited by def28; 11-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #35
magneto23
Side-Kick

They want The Wolverine to be their "starting point". Great! Too bad they're about a decade too late.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #36
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I hope they cancel this shared universe idea. I mean, they only own TWO franchises now. Sounds like pointless pandering to me.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #37
def28
Side-Kick

I think their intentions are more expanding the X Men films and merging their storylines. So if they introduce other teams or solos like Deadpool they will essentially be like how Marvel make their flicks connected and be a bit more consistent. X Men have enough teams, characters and big storylines to make that happen. Other then a possible Franklin Richards cameo I doubt we will see any sort of X Men FF crossover until those characters are fully established on their own.Would be better off making a Silver Surfer movie then merging that with FF first.

Last edited by def28; 11-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #38
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
That's why I say Avengers ruined everything. FOX had a really great thing going with First Class and they saw the money Avengers made and got greedy. When you have dollar signs in your eyes it makes it hard to see. They will NEVER make money the way that Avengers did though, no matter how hard they try. And they'll end up ruining both their properties trying.
But overall, they make better films.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #39
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Fox Recruits Comics Star Mark Millar To Help Shepherd Its Marvel Properties

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, CA. – September 27, 2012…. Marking an expanded commitment to some of its most important franchises, Twentieth Century Fox has brought on comics superstar Mark Millar to serve as a creative consultant on the studio’s upcoming projects based on Marvel Comics properties.

Millar wrote several celebrated Marvel books such as The Ultimates, Civil War and Wolverine: Old Man Logan, before moving on to found Millarworld (millarworld.tv), where he continues to develop existing film franchise titles Wanted and Kick-Ass, as well as newer comic properties The Secret Service, Superior, and Nemesis — the latter also in development at Fox. Millar will work with Fox on developing new avenues for its “X-Men” and “Fantastic Four” tentpoles.

Commented TCF production president Emma Watts: “We are excited to be working with Mark. In addition to his groundbreaking Marvel work, he is simply one of the most original voices in comics today and will be an invaluable resource to us and to our filmmakers as we look for fresh opportunities to innovate within our shared Marvel universe.”

Upcoming for the studio is THE WOLVERINE, starring Hugh Jackman, directed by James Mangold; X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, helmed by Matthew Vaughn; and a reboot of “FANTASTIC FOUR, to be directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle).

“As someone who has spent his entire life obsessed with both comic-books and movies, this is essentially my dream gig as it’s a unique combination of both,” stated Millar. “I spent ten years working at Marvel and am really happy with the work I did on the comic side of things so the idea of working with these characters now in a brand new medium is enormously exciting for me. I really like the Fox team, love this bold new direction they have for their franchises and am proud to be working alongside some of modern cinema’s biggest talents. James Mangold is incredible, Matthew Vaughn’s one of my closest pals and Josh Trank gave us, in my opinion, one of the greatest superhero movies of the last decade with Chronicle. The invitation to join this crew was maybe the coolest phone-call I’ve ever had.”

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
Gabe99
Side-Kick

X-Men: Days of Future Past Might Feature Sentinels, Mark Millar Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Schwartz
We can jump to a lot of conclusions about X-Men: Days of Future Past, considering Fox’s X-Men: First Class sequel is based on the “Days of Future Past” storyline, but up until now we weren’t sure how closely the upcoming Fox flick will stick to its source material. Fortunately, the studio’s newly minted Marvel creative consultant Mark Millar has helped shed some light on the plot of the film in a new interview.

“[Director Matthew] Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past,” Millar told Total Film. “It’s X-Men meets The Terminator. You’ve got robots, you’ve got time travel, you’ve got superheroes — it’s got everything in one film.”

That sounds like Millar is referencing the Sentinels, who made a brief big screen appearance in X-Men: The Last Stand. Those mutant-hunting robots were a major part of the “Days of Future Past” future, alternate universe storyline, so it would make sense that they would be brought into the film as well. At least that gives us a general sense of how closely X-Men: Days of Future Past will tie with the comics its based on.

Millar continued, “Cost-wise [Days of Future Past is] going to go up, and ambitious-wise it’s gone up. But Vaughn can handle it. Vaughn made Kick-Ass for $28 million.”

X-Men: Days of Future Past is set to start shooting in January, with the film due out in theaters on July 18, 2014. Stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence are expected to return.

The 1981 Days of Future Past story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, which appeared in The Uncanny X-Men #141-142, depicts a timeline created by the X-Men’s failure to prevent the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants from assassinating a U.S. senator. In that alternate future, the giant robotic Sentinels have become the de facto rulers of the United States, where mutants are hunted down and placed in internment camps. It seems likely the X-Men: First Class sequel would deviate significantly from the source material, as several characters who played key roles in the original story were not part of the 2011 film.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #41
Angamb
Banned User

thought they were new interviews

but thanks for posting! I'll add them to first page

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official MARK MILLAR Thread

From BC 11-07-12:
The Real Reason Matthew Vaughn Left The X-Men Movie, According To Mark Millar

From BC 10-25-12:
Matthew Vaughn Won’t Direct X-Men: First Class Sequel, Heading Towards The Secret Service

From BC 10-19-12:
Here Come The Sentinels – Mark Millar On X-Men: Days Of Future Past (UPDATE)

From CB 10-10-12:
Mark Millar Opens Up About His Job As Marvel Movie Consultant At Fox

Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #43
YoungPrime
Banned User

http://collider.com/wolverine-2-stan...utants/188627/

In Aug Hugh Jackman said that The Wolverine would be a "stand alone" film w/o a lot of mutants etc.

Then Millar comes in recently promoting The Wolverine as Mickey Mouse the starting point of the Fox Marvel Universe.

So which one is it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105
"People keep saying that they want to see all of the Marvel Universe in one place, but what I try to explain to them is that if Marvel Studios had the rights to all the stuff set up at other studios, they wouldn't have the money to make all the other movies they're making. You wouldn't be getting 'Guardians of the Galaxy' or 'Ant-Man' because those slots would be filled up with a Wolverine movie or a Fantastic Four movie. There's only a finite amount of movies they can make." Mark Millar~

It's quite interesting that someone at Fox is finally acknowledging this rising issue. But I don't think he's being completely truthful in this statement. Marvel licensed those properties to Fox during a period of desperation while trying to avoid bankruptcy. And Fox capitalized off of it via a 90 to 10% split in box office revenue and literally pennies off of DVD sales. Now does that sound like a deal Marvel Studios would make with Fox today? Speaking of money, wasn't it Fox's constancy of cutting corner$ that diminished their returns and quality in the first place?

Funny how he brings up Antman when recent news told us that Fox changed the Peanuts movie to the same date which will likely crush it.

Guess Marvel hasn't taken any of his calls.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #44
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
http://collider.com/wolverine-2-stan...utants/188627/

In Aug Hugh Jackman said that The Wolverine would be a "stand alone" film w/o a lot of mutants etc.

Then Millar comes in recently promoting The Wolverine as Mickey Mouse the starting point of the Fox Marvel Universe.

So which one is it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105
"People keep saying that they want to see all of the Marvel Universe in one place, but what I try to explain to them is that if Marvel Studios had the rights to all the stuff set up at other studios, they wouldn't have the money to make all the other movies they're making. You wouldn't be getting 'Guardians of the Galaxy' or 'Ant-Man' because those slots would be filled up with a Wolverine movie or a Fantastic Four movie. There's only a finite amount of movies they can make." Mark Millar~

It's quite interesting that someone at Fox is finally acknowledging this rising issue. But I don't think he's being completely truthful in this statement. Marvel licensed those properties to Fox during a period of desperation while trying to avoid bankruptcy. And Fox capitalized off of it via a 90 to 10% split in box office revenue and literally pennies off of DVD sales. Now does that sound like a deal Marvel Studios would make with Fox today? Speaking of money, wasn't it Fox's constancy of cutting corner$ that diminished their returns and quality in the first place?

Funny how he brings up Antman when recent news told us that Fox changed the Peanuts movie to the same date which will likely crush it.

Guess Marvel hasn't taken any of his calls.
The Wolverine was probably entirely standalone before they decided they wanted to create a 'cinematic universe' so that films feel more like part of one big saga (as should have been happening from the beginning, though we can forgive the uncertainties in the early days when comic book movies were box office poison after Batman & Robin).

At present, it's standalone in the sense of not being packed with other characters (like XMO: Wolverine was) but it has been placed within the overall franchise rather than existing entirely as its own thing in some unspecified timeline.

Millar means that if the rights to all these heroes were all at Marvel, we wouldn't be getting the number of films we are getting at the moment. It would be a much longer wait to see some of them on screen.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #45
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Hell Its unlikly any of marvel studios will make avengers leval again.If the Dark Knight rises couldn't reach the Dark Knight level what makes people believe marvel will.
Actually, TDKR topped TDK at the box office worldwide. Not by a lot but still.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #46
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The Wolverine was probably entirely standalone before they decided they wanted to create a 'cinematic universe' so that films feel more like part of one big saga (as should have been happening from the beginning, though we can forgive the uncertainties in the early days when comic book movies were box office poison after Batman & Robin).

At present, it's standalone in the sense of not being packed with other characters (like XMO: Wolverine was) but it has been placed within the overall franchise rather than existing entirely as its own thing in some unspecified timeline.
I think I'll go with what Hugh Jackman was saying initially since he comes off more genuine as opposed to Millar trying to sell us a used car.

Ironman was also a stand alone film as well but Kevin Feige wasn't marketing Tony Stark as Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny or anything else.

Plus Marvel had a goal which was to bring them all together in Avengers. What's Fox's goal past 2014?

It's one thing to say you wanna emulate Marvel's format and it's another to actually do it.

Quote:
Millar means that if the rights to all these heroes were all at Marvel, we wouldn't be getting the number of films we are getting at the moment. It would be a much longer wait to see some of them on screen.
Yeah I was thinking about that earlier... As it stands Marvel might be able to squeeze in a 3rd film per year as success continues to grow. And by Phase 4 they could do as many as 4 films per year:

-A Feb/March release for their low key character ala Ghost Ridder (only better quality) such as Luck Cage, Dr. Strange or even a Blade reboot. A Daredevil reboot would be worthy of an April release.
-A May release for their flag ship characters like Ironman or Avengers
-A July/Aug release for already established Avengers members like Cap and Thor sequels.
-A Nov release for newer character in the 75-100 mill budget range like Black Panther, Inhumans

Granted this is wishful thinking, as it stands now I'd rather wait for a quality Comic book adaptation vs a rushed disappointment. And last I counted, Fox has only one decent film in 7 years.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #47
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Actually, TDKR topped TDK at the box office worldwide. Not by a lot but still.
Well I was going by domestic box office.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #48
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I think I'll go with what Hugh Jackman was saying initially since he comes off more genuine as opposed to Millar trying to sell us a used car.

Ironman was also a stand alone film as well but Kevin Feige wasn't marketing Tony Stark as Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny or anything else.

Plus Marvel had a goal which was to bring them all together in Avengers. What's Fox's goal past 2014?

It's one thing to say you wanna emulate Marvel's format and it's another to actually do it.
The way I interpreted Millar's comments was that The Wolverine is the starting point for Fox's new cinematic universe. That makes sense as it's the first release since they hired Millar, and since Singer mentioned trying to create a Marvel-type shared universe. Millar means that from that point onwards, there will be more thought given to the franchise as a whole. At least that's how I saw it, and it makes sense to me that way.

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking about that earlier... As it stands Marvel might be able to squeeze in a 3rd film per year as success continues to grow. And by Phase 4 they could do as many as 4 films per year:

-A Feb/March release for their low key character ala Ghost Ridder (only better quality) such as Luck Cage, Dr. Strange or even a Blade reboot. A Daredevil reboot would be worthy of an April release.
-A May release for their flag ship characters like Ironman or Avengers
-A July/Aug release for already established Avengers members like Cap and Thor sequels.
-A Nov release for newer character in the 75-100 mill budget range like Black Panther, Inhumans
Possible, though I think Inhumans will be more expensive (the number of characters, the special FX, etc).

Quote:
Granted this is wishful thinking, as it stands now I'd rather wait for a quality Comic book adaptation vs a rushed disappointment. And last I counted, Fox has only one decent film in 7 years.
Well, the box office and critics will be the judge, so Fox knows it has to deliver the goods. Standards are higher than ever. And the pressure to deliver success is also higher than ever, because of this economy and because of the possibilities shown by the Dark Knight and Avengers franchises. If Fox fails to deliver, then it will be a victim of that failure. So let's see what it can come up with.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
The way I interpreted Millar's comments was that The Wolverine is the starting point for Fox's new cinematic universe. That makes sense as it's the first release since they hired Millar, and since Singer mentioned trying to create a Marvel-type shared universe. Millar means that from that point onwards, there will be more thought given to the franchise as a whole. At least that's how I saw it, and it makes sense to me that way.

Possible, though I think Inhumans will be more expensive (the number of characters, the special FX, etc).

Well, the box office and critics will be the judge, so Fox knows it has to deliver the goods. Standards are higher than ever. And the pressure to deliver success is also higher than ever, because of this economy and because of the possibilities shown by the Dark Knight and Avengers franchises. If Fox fails to deliver, then it will be a victim of that failure. So let's see what it can come up with.
True but none of this is etched in stone, it could easily be a late July or early Aug release instead or even a early to mid June release with a 130 budget. I see this franchise and can help but to think of Clive Barker's "Night Breed" film. So that could be their motivation.

You might be right about Millar's Wolverine's Mickey Mouse/Ironman plan. Either way I'm really exited to see how things with Fox Marvel turn out.

....One way or another.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 11-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #50
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Not to go off-topic but I always found it a bit ironic that the best Marvel film made by Fox, at least in my opinion, was also the only Marvel film made by them to not be released in theatres. I'm talking about the Daredevil Director's Cut.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote