The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #101
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
We do. HMV are taking pre-bookings for a November 30th release. I've got mine pre-booked already.

Hmm, didn't know. Blu-ray.com and Amazon lists a December 3rd release.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #102
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Just preordered the Best Buy broken cowl steelbook version. I'm defniitely into having the best looking covers for most of my movies (if they get all alternate coverish ha) and that is without a doubt the best looking one.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #103
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

Quick pole for everyone here. Which store exclusive and version of the movie are going to buy/think is the best?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #104
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Just preordered the Best Buy broken cowl steelbook version.
Do you mean you ordered the broken cowl version and the steelbook? because the broken cowl and steelbook are two separate versions. Just making sure known lol.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #105
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

The cover art of the Best Buy steelbook is the broken cowl.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #106
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
Do you mean you ordered the broken cowl version and the steelbook? because the broken cowl and steelbook are two separate versions. Just making sure known lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
The cover art of the Best Buy steelbook is the broken cowl.
Yeah, pretty much. I think the cover for it was on the last page or so.

I'm not interested in that broken cowl display though, looks cool though.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 11-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #107
antovolk
Side-Kick

Just so you know I'm hearing the folks at DVDWorldUSA are getting the TDKR BD/DVD next Wednesday...

In case you don't know, DVDWorldUSA always get their DVDs/BDs early, up to 3 weeks before release. Same happened with Prometheus as well - that came into stock on a Wednesday as well (25th October to be precise). And it's US editions, not international (although most if not all the BDs they have are multi-region)

Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #108
antovolk
Side-Kick

[edited]

Last edited by antovolk; 11-10-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: double post...?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #109
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Since they've got the cowl edition 20 cheaper than amazon I've gone to them. Sounds good

When you say 'get them in,' you don't mean dispatch them do you...?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #110
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat447 View Post
How rare/collectible do people suspect the broken cowl edition will become? (in the UK) I'm considering ordering it but I also want the steelbook for my collection.

Where can I order this?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #111
antovolk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Since they've got the cowl edition 20 cheaper than amazon I've gone to them. Sounds good

When you say 'get them in,' you don't mean dispatch them do you...?
They dispatch within 24 hours of the item going in stock. So therefore if it's in stock on Wednesday, dispatch on Thursday or Friday.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #112
batfreakforever
A real fan

Here in Australia The Dark Knight Rises get its home movie release on the 28th of november but I will be able to get it on the 27th.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #113
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat447 View Post
How rare/collectible do people suspect the broken cowl edition will become? (in the UK) I'm considering ordering it but I also want the steelbook for my collection.

Amazon, Play, HMV have stopped listing it, which makes me think that all the pre-orders are sold out. So fairly rare, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antovolk View Post
They dispatch within 24 hours of the item going in stock. So therefore if it's in stock on Wednesday, dispatch on Thursday or Friday.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #114
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

I have the Broken Cowl one preordered but I really like the steel books. Kinda wish I re-bought BB and TDK when they had them for $10 at best buy the week the movie came out.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #115
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

So, I was on iTunes, and I found screenshots of the Blu-ray menus, and they look horribly generic.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #116
Happy Jack
Onion Knight

I doubt that's what they'll look like on the blu-ray release.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #117
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

I have some recent Blu-rays of some Warner catalog titles. Those menus aren't far off.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #118
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Ahh, it's getting closer! Absolutely can't wait to see TDKR again as I only saw it once at the cinema.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #119
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
So, I was on iTunes, and I found screenshots of the Blu-ray menus, and they look horribly generic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
I doubt that's what they'll look like on the blu-ray release.
Yea looks like it's the generic iTunes menu, it reminds me of the first version of DVD's and Blu-Ray's were the menu designs were trash and generically boring. I'm sure it'll be a nice looking design come release day.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #120
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

This is Warner Bros. default menu design now... Every WB Blu-Ray/DVD I have bought in the last 6 months have been the same.

We just have to get used to how bland and generic they are now.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #121
TDKR2012
A FIRE WILL RISE

perhaps the menus are specifically for iTunes Extras and not the blu-ray release?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #122
batfreakforever
A real fan

People complaining about the menus now. Ahhh! The important things in life.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #123
batfreakforever
A real fan

kidding dudes. Seeing people talking about evey bit of info we get is great. I always like to see what different things get us fans blood going. In good way. Dont worry guys we will soon have tdkr, then we will have more to say. It never ends and thats the fun.

Last edited by batfreakforever; 11-11-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #124
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Amazon, Play, HMV have stopped listing it, which makes me think that all the pre-orders are sold out. So fairly rare, I would think.
The broken cowl edition is still available at Amazon.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #125
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
This is Warner Bros. default menu design now... Every WB Blu-Ray/DVD I have bought in the last 6 months have been the same.

We just have to get used to how bland and generic they are now.
That really depresses me, such a terrible shame.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Closed Thread