The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #601
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: Are there any banned Members that you kind of miss? - Part 2

It's interesting to see "good riddance to this fellow" posts in a "I miss that member" thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Good. The guy was an idiot who never knew what he was talking about anyway.
I kinda agree with his "Wolverine is for adults, should be for adults, not children"

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #602
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

This is really more of an obituary thread these days, rather than an "I miss _____" thread. Sure we miss a majority of them, but there's always a few ne'er-do-wells that get banned, and really... who wants to mourn them?

H.E.(R?)
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #603
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
WOW.....

Just read through it.

I know first hand what he/she was going through.

It's a shame.
It wasn't a shame, the only miracle was that it took so long. It's clear you have an issue with some mod here and keep slipping in victim comments, but as you'll see Alexei's fellow posters are glad to see the back of a poster who spoiled most threads he was in. Now if I am right I think your problem is in the X-Men First Class section, the guy who kept bringing The Hobbit sequel destroying the X Men sequel and repeating how you would be watching the former, right? hmmmmmm.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #604
Maximus One
Oddball

I hadn't realized so many long time members have been banned recently. Starting to feel like I may need to work on my brain/mouth filter a bit

Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #605
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Yeah, I miss Troy Parker...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #606
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Yeah, I miss Troy Parker...
What did he do wrong?

Btw, thx for accepting my friendship invitation.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #607
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman jr. View Post
What did he do wrong?

Btw, thx for accepting my friendship invitation.
He got in a heated debate over Uncle Ben's death in TASM...

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24551485

Oh, and no problem.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #608
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

I see...

Well, they did warn him...

Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #609
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Sidenote: I have a PC, a laptop, 3 different smart phones, a PS3 a PSP and a tablet. Since I'm not the only one here who likes "gadgets" what's preventing the banned from just making another profile under another IP and internet provider? (provided that they felt the need to even bother)
Because 9 out of 10 returning banned users will not ever ever in their life be considered a genius.

Say we have a user named BOB who gets banned. He will return as BOB2, HERE'S BOB AGAIN, I'M NOT THE BANNED USER BOB. Sometimes they create a name that has absolutely nothing to do with their original name BOB.....but within the first dozen posts they make they have to say - Yeah, I used to be on here as BOB - if banned BOB had a particular catchphrase or way of typing/posting.....he will continue to use it under the new name. If BOB was banned because of constantly attacking a certain other poster or for trolling some where...it doesn't matter what new name he makes, he will come back and continue attacking the same poster or trolling the same thing. They have no self control...or they wouldn't have been banned in the first place.

And then there are the simple tech way we know.....

Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #610
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Are there ways to "cheat" with your IP? Probably, but still... I find it hard to believe how many "trolls" or whatever you want to call them always come back.

I'm on a political forum and there's this one constantly banned guy who has had 6 nicknames...

Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #611
Blackman
C'mon Son

Just read Alexei's "last stand" in the Wolverine forum. The guy really was crazy huh? SO many contradictions, rallying behind wrong points. I had run ins with him in The Daredevil and GOTG threads. Not surprised what happened

Im just so confused why people take the internet so seriously

Last edited by Blackman; 11-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #612
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Just read Alexei's "last stand" in the Wolverine forum. The guy really was crazy huh? SO many contradictions, rallying behind wrong points. I had run ins with him in The Daredevil and GOTG threads. Not surprised what happened

Im just so confused why people take the internet so seriously
Link for the lazy?

Glad he's banned. I remember the pre-Avengers posts. Dude was just a tad unhinged.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #613
Maximus One
Oddball

I went and read through some in the wolverine discussion thread. He certainly put up quite a last stand lol. I've gotten into a couple arguments with mods and even felt picked on (it was years ago now) and I still never fought it like that and I'm actually an incredibly stubborn person. I guess when it gets down to it arguing over the Internet isn't THAT important to me. I know I may stick my foot in my mouth from time to time or say inappropriate things but I honestly am not out to offend or insult anybody. I just get passionate about certain things. Still though, it's perfectly clear dude just didn't know when to stfu

Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #614
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
Link for the lazy?

Glad he's banned. I remember the pre-Avengers posts. Dude was just a tad unhinged.
Starts here: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...392929&page=21

Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #615
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Wow. What a total assclown. I can't imagine how he must treat others in person. "I teach for a living." Ha! As if...

Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #616
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Wow. What a total assclown. I can't imagine how he must treat others in person. "I teach for a living." Ha! As if...
He would totally have a really low rating on Rate My Professors.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #617
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

With the run up to the Avengers that guy had become a running joke with his nonsense. I think the mods and Danoyose especially showed a lot of patience with him. I wouldn't like to have to deal with that every week, I tried avoiding the guy for the most part, but then I read things he says (like labeling some guy anti-lesbian) and I just find myself saying "you're just spouting nonsense".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
He would totally have a really low rating on Rate My Professors.
I tend to doubt his claims of being a dad or a teacher (usually since he uses them primarily as a defense/jab at posters he's talking down to). Though if that guy is a teacher then I can only pray for any student that has to put up with that obnoxiousness.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #618
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It wasn't a shame, the only miracle was that it took so long. It's clear you have an issue with some mod here and keep slipping in victim comments, but as you'll see Alexei's fellow posters are glad to see the back of a poster who spoiled most threads he was in.
Um...No, not everybody was that happy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Shame. I don't think he crossed the line myself, certainly not in this thread. If someone rubs me the wrong way I just ignore them. Just like in life. We get frustrated and passionate as fans sometimes, that just makes it interesting, no? Banning was way too harsh a judgement. I understand you need to keep order, but this is pushing it too far imo.
Hope he can find his way back on down the line (assuming he would want to).
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
It's how it works around here unfortunately, I've been given infractions for speaking up to moderators because they actually tell people what they can or cannot say i.e. expressing their opinion. One accused me of trying to start a "little rebellion". Also I typed a "bad word", not at someone, not to offend anyone but just a way of expressing how I felt, that also got me an infraction for "inappropriate language". My favourite reason, out of all the rest, is "insubordination" .. LOL but seriously, I just skip over the posts by people who rub me the wrong way because this is the internet, who cares it's not a legit place to get mad or exercise authority over other people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I didn't think AB was too harsh of a voice on these boards personally. He just had a strong opinion he favored. Then again I haven't seen everything he/she posted but I quite enjoyed hearing about the Arronofsky script.
Now fastforward to a thread about "banned members that you kind of missed" where said member is now being mentioned.

Hmmm indeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Now if I am right I think your problem is in the X-Men First Class section, the guy who kept bringing The Hobbit sequel destroying the X Men sequel and repeating how you would be watching the former, right? hmmmmmm.
Yeah well I do recall reaching out to you (in private mind you) for some help regarding an ongoing issue. Never mind that the Hobbit sequel was part of the initial topic in that thread I mean what do details have to do with rules right..?

I mean here you are "derailing" this very topic in an effort to discredit my sympathy for an unfortunate situation.

But why?

Mod dominance is more apparent here now than ever I'm guessing. So you don't have to restore order by telling me to shut up unless some Mods/Admins just enjoy it.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #619
Blackman
C'mon Son

you know who I miss? TimStuff

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #620
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Jesus, people catch feelings over the most trivial things here.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #621
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Internet be serious, yo.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #622
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Um...No, not everybody was that happy....

Now fastforward to a thread about "banned members that you kind of missed" where said member is now being mentioned.

Hmmm indeed....

Yeah well I do recall reaching out to you (in private mind you) for some help regarding an ongoing issue. Never mind that the Hobbit sequel was part of the initial topic in that thread I mean what do details have to do with rules right..?

I mean here you are "derailing" this very topic in an effort to discredit my sympathy for an unfortunate situation.

But why?

Mod dominance is more apparent here now than ever I'm guessing. So you don't have to restore order by telling me to shut up unless some Mods/Admins just enjoy it.
Wow, you found all of 3 posters who were sad to see him go, compared to the many who are rejoicing in the fact he's gone.

And it wasn't an unfortunate situation, it was an ongoing behavioral issue in which the mods had no choice but to act. He was warned time and time again and he refused to acknowledge those warnings and continued with a posting pattern which eventually led to his banning. Ask anyone here, I'm not one to defend mods but in this case they did the right thing and were left with no choice but to act. You can go on and play the victim card and how the big bad mods are pushing people around. I may actually agree with you, but in this case, no way, now how. He was a troll and he got what he deserved.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #623
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Internet be serious, yo.
Kinda want to sig this.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #624
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Jesus, people catch feelings over the most trivial things here.
lol, from that sentence I'm now picturing people asking for an 'emotions jab'.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #625
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread