The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
- Pretty much every Wolverine/ Storm interraction
- Magneto's um... sermon at the church
- Hank and Mystique's cure scene
- Cuba climax right after the point where Xavier gets shot
One of these things is not like the others.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #577
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I seriously can't see how they're going to fix the continuity...

Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #578
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I wonder if they're going to completely abandon Pinewood, though. Didn't they save a lot of the First Class sets?
They are probably gonna abandon Pinewood Studios unless they want to shoot the movie in 2 countries just like with The Wolverine. I don't think casual viewers will care or even notice if the X-Mansion of the 60s X-Men is different so its not gonna hurt the movie. Though I would like to see them use the X-Mansion that they used for X2/X3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I must be one of the few who liked the codenames scene.
Even though it was kinda cheesey, I liked it. It was cute and funny and it explained why X-Men have codenames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Searched for some Montreal photos and didnt see any forest, most were city pics
I think it could work with DOFp's futuristic look. Buildings, sky-scrapers and robots.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #579
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They are probably gonna abandon Pinewood Studios unless they want to shoot the movie in 2 countries just like with The Wolverine. I don't think casual viewers will care or even notice if the X-Mansion of the 60s X-Men is different so its not gonna hurt the movie. Though I would like to see them use the X-Mansion that they used for X2/X3.

Even though it was kinda cheesey, I liked it. It was cute and funny and it explained why X-Men have codenames.

I think it could work with DOFp's futuristic look. Buildings, sky-scrapers and robots.
Still disagree about the mansion. Too much screentime took place with it in the background, from training to "Rage and Serenity", it's not as easy to brush off. I also like to think that the satellite remains an important symbolic piece.

I can't think of anywhere in Montreal that would serve as a good X-Mansion. If they wanted to use the X2/X3 mansion they'd have to go to the complete opposite side of Canada. At that point they may's well go back to England, it's about the same travel time and cost (Victoria, while lovely, is a pain to get to, even from Vancouver). The X1 mansion is in Oshawa, which is much closer, but then it's one more failed continuity. People WILL notice. People already noticed the difference between X1 and X2 and that was what, 1 establishing shot of the front exterior each? XMFC's mansion was a character all its own, established within the first 10 mins of the movie. Writing it out would be a foolish move.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #580
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It can be cheaper to film In Canada.WIth the the big ambatas event Days of future Past Is they can do even more shooting In Canada.hey ca make their 175 Million budget look
like a 200 Million+ budgeted film.

We also got word Kinberg Is polishing up script under Singer's supervision.Also remember rewrites were still going on both X-Men and X2 as they were filming.If Singer Isn't happy with script he will keep rewrites going.
Hopefully Singer keeps Vaughn's action beats and just adapts them like the plane rescue from Returns was in an older script.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #581
turtlenation
Side-Kick

Just finished re-watching XFC. With that, I'm quite glad X-Men is back in Singer's hands. I just couldn't care for XFC, not without my beloved characters. I noticed that Singer only used big-name mutants in his films unlike the rest. The dialogue in XFC now seems awkward and the action lackluster. Mystique was definitely a letdown.

I hope Singer brings back the dangerous and sleek Mystique in DOFP.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #582
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlenation View Post
Just finished re-watching XFC. With that, I'm quite glad X-Men is back in Singer's hands. I just couldn't care for XFC, not without my beloved characters. I noticed that Singer only used big-name mutants in his films unlike the rest. The dialogue in XFC now seems awkward and the action lackluster. Mystique was definitely a letdown.

If Singer had directed First Class, the "big-name" mutants still wouldn't have been used...

Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #583
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlenation View Post

Singer chose the characters for X-Men: First Class. So your point collapses entirely.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #584
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I'm real excited to see the old characters return at the same time super excited to see how Singer handles the XFC characters. I can't wait to see Fassbender and MacAvoy under Singer's direction.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #585
Angamb
Banned User

I feel the same but with the younger cast, more Emma Frost.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #586
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Still disagree about the mansion. Too much screentime took place with it in the background, from training to "Rage and Serenity", it's not as easy to brush off. I also like to think that the satellite remains an important symbolic piece.

I can't think of anywhere in Montreal that would serve as a good X-Mansion. If they wanted to use the X2/X3 mansion they'd have to go to the complete opposite side of Canada. At that point they may's well go back to England, it's about the same travel time and cost (Victoria, while lovely, is a pain to get to, even from Vancouver). The X1 mansion is in Oshawa, which is much closer, but then it's one more failed continuity. People WILL notice. People already noticed the difference between X1 and X2 and that was what, 1 establishing shot of the front exterior each? XMFC's mansion was a character all its own, established within the first 10 mins of the movie. Writing it out would be a foolish move.
I personally am not attached to any one specific X-mansion of the films. It could be argued that the mansion in X2/X3 also played a huge part in those films, X2 moreso ("was a character all its own") but they were not too worried about using a whole new set for XMFC.

Even with filming in Montreal I still think LA would be where some of the production would be (post, etc) so I think between doing exterior shots for the X-mansion, sending a second unit crew and having them film at X2/X3 Victoria's Royal Roads University (same Smallville set) would be closer than to England.

Besides from the FC special features IIRC they said they shipped some interior sets from previous films and used those so they have no qualms about shipping sets around and hence little continuity errors. They did decimate the X2 mansion interior set for I, Robot. So they also have no problems with rebuilding sets. However I wouldn't be surprised if they used a whole new X-mansion closer on that side of the country/continent. I'm Canuck but I'm not too familiar with the rest of the country.

Who knows, maybe they actually scouted something in Upstate New York this time!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #587
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-Men films had Intresting take.In photo tweet of Simon Kinberg In Singer' office there
Is photo of art of X2 on table.It has Wolverine,Rogue,Jean,and others In view but storm Is cropped out.Could that be telling us something.

I still maintain If Jean Is in film that means he got Fox to let him Ignore The Last Stand.
A future totally alternate to all other films Is just opening up a can of worms they don't need.By the way I finally started watching True Blood on DVD and Anna Paquin totally plays her character very rogue like and with a southern accent fully.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #588
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Jean "died" in X2, so they'd be ignoring X2 as well.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #589
Project862006
Banned User

the phoenix always rises from the ashes!!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #590
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
X-Men films had Intresting take.In photo tweet of Simon Kinberg In Singer' office there
Is photo of art of X2 on table.It has Wolverine,Rogue,Jean,and others In view but storm Is cropped out.Could that be telling us something.
I hope not, I really want Storm in this flick.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #591
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
It's just the angle the photo was taken... nothing more.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #592
JP
Smelly

Storm and Logan are pretty much the guarantees. Everyone else is up in the air.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #593
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Storm and Logan are pretty much the guarantees. Everyone else is up in the air.
I'm not so sure. Not without knowing more details on how they are planning to adapt the story. Plus bringing her back could be dependent on how Halle feels about reprising the role. I think Wolverine is a good bet, but still... you never know.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #594
Project862006
Banned User

she will gladly come back outside of cloud atlas which bombed i might add she is doing direct to dvd type films and honestly since x men 3 her films have been very low key

Old 11-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #595
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Is everyone from First Class coming back, as well?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #596
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
she will gladly come back outside of cloud atlas which bombed i might add she is doing direct to dvd type films and honestly since x men 3 her films have been very low key
The state of her career doesn't necessarily mean she will jump at the chance. Didn't Halle say at some point after X3 she was done with that sort of thing or words to that effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Is everyone from First Class coming back, as well?
Considering it started off as the sequel to First Class and no one involved has yet to say it's no longer the sequel, then I think it's a safe bet that the actors involved will return (well the main characters anyway). Plus the story in question involves time travel so it's a safe bet they'll be using MacAvoy, Fassbender and co. for the characters in the past.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #597
JP
Smelly

She'll do it, cause she needs it. Anytime an actor needs a career boost they do a sequel to their most popular film. Halle Berry coming back as Storm would be a huge deal in terms of media exposure and anticipation.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #598
Project862006
Banned User

she is basically ben kingsley before hugo revived his career remember he was doing uwe boll films before Hugo now he is doing enders game and iron man 3

i think she needs it

Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #599
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
The state of her career doesn't necessarily mean she will jump at the chance. Didn't Halle say at some point after X3 she was done with that sort of thing or words to that effect?
She encouraged fans to write to Tom Rothman for an X4.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #600
JP
Smelly

And now Rothman is gone, and we're getting a pseudo X4. How about that.

Closed Thread