Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #126
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
You guys have probably been over it a million times since a year ago, but is that Amy and Lawrence Fishbourne in the center of that shot?

Also on that 'Metropolis will rise again' poster, is it telling that there's no Lexcorp logo along the bottom. Kinda missed opportunity unless they're not going the business mogul Lex.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #127
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

And did you know its been 770 days since Snyder was confirmed as director? That's 2 years, 1 month and 8 days!
I remember that day very well. Even what I ate! Damn, time flew by so fast...usually I'd say that such swift passing of time is a bad thing (Im not a fan of mortality) but in this case I am hoping that the next 7 months come even quicker. Only time that aging has a positive vibe to it.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #128
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I joined this forum around the time Nolan and Goyer's story being picked was announced I think. My entire time here has pretty much revolved around this movie.
I've been way too busy with work and things to post on forums at that time but I've been following MOS news every day since about that time as well. And I plan to stick around for sequels....if MOS turns out good of course. If I don't grow old, tired and deaf in the meantime, waiting for some proper news.

Last edited by G.Godfrey; 11-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #129
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
You guys have probably been over it a million times since a year ago, but is that Amy and Lawrence Fishbourne in the center of that shot?
Im not sure, but I remember that it was said they were both there.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #130
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post

Also on that 'Metropolis will rise again' poster, is it telling that there's no Lexcorp logo along the bottom. Kinda missed opportunity unless they're not going the business mogul Lex.
It looks like her in the vest and big black bag standing alone... But I don't think that's Fishburne standing behind her. *built like him tho. Hell, I don't know! lol I'm just bored and want to examine something MOS related.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 11-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #131
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I joined this forum around the time Nolan and Goyer's story being picked was announced I think. My entire time here has pretty much revolved around this movie.
I joined before SR, so yeah, I've been waiting ever since for a new Superman-movie, you could say.
And yeah, I've pretty much only been on the Superman-forum. Well, and Watchmen some years ago.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #132
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Damn, it's been long. Cant believe it's been that long since Cavil was cast. Almost 2 years ago. Damn, I'm spending too much time in here...

Damn...
Quote:
I joined before SR, so yeah, I've been waiting ever since for a new Superman-movie, you could say.
And yeah, I've pretty much only been on the Superman-forum. Well, and Watchmen some years ago.
I feel the same thing, we are getting older just by waiting for MOS.

Amy, Cavill.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 11-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #133
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm here for the final showdown being in Metropolis, and then Superman helping rebuild the city. That's also a perfect way to introduce LexCorp as the main funder for reconstruction.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #134
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
It looks like her in the vest and big black bag standing alone... But I don't think that's Fishburne standing behind her. *built like him tho. Hell, I don't know! lol I'm just bored and want to examine something MOS related.
Yeah I'm thinking it's gotta be. Obvious ethnicity plus right build, and that definitely looks like Amy in a similar outfit to that scene out in the dessert. I'm just trying trying to piece together this scene. I'm guessing Zod or Faora or Kryptonian convicts or robots(!) are flying overhead.

Not that anyone cares but I joined 3 weeks ago! Been checking the SHH boards since 2007 at least though. The whole word of JL moving forward was enough to get me to post though. Post my disapproval ha.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #135
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
I'm kind of glad I wasn't around before SR. I don't even wanna know how dissapointing that would have been

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #136
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Quote:
I too rarely go beyond the Superman boards, which is a shame but because I know there is so much more out there. Frankly, It's just that there's nothing else that really excites me as much.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #137
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Bat boards welcome you..... Not really.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #138
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I too rarely go beyond the Superman boards, which is a shame but because I know there is so much more out there. Frankly, It's just that there's nothing else that really excites me as much.
Same.

I enjoy watching most Superhero movies, but i'm completely content to go spoiler free on most of them too.

With Superman, I wouldn't let a quote from a cast member slip past me

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #139
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Haha, thanks.

I actually went in there around the time Bane and Catwoman were cast because I love seeing other people's interpretation of what they think characters are going to look like.

I love seeing manips and art, so when I do venture out, it's usually to those threads.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #140
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Haha, thanks.

I actually went in there around the time Bane and Catwoman were cast because I love seeing other people's interpretation of what they think characters are going to look like.

I love seeing manips and art, so when I do venture out, it's usually to those threads.
Yeah, Bat-Art thread is fantastic.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #141
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
I'm kind of glad I wasn't around before SR. I don't even wanna know how dissapointing that would have been
It was horrible for me. I was so upset... I never liked how things where looking. I always had this funny feeling. I kept it to myself, the negative thoughts, but they were there. Then when I saw it... I just wanted to run back to the boards and go on a rant of swearing. But I didn't. I just never went back. It's funny though bc there was this guy that used to write pages of hate all the time and everyone use to take turns letting him have it... Turns out he was right in his doubt the whole time. I never wanted to read his crap and negativity. Sad how it all turned out. Now that site is long gone. I miss it though because at least on that site I ventured out to other boards... I even met up with a few other members to see the midnight premiere in Houston. Anyone else remember BlueTights?

Quote:
I am totally bias when it comes to other hero movie boards. I am Superman only. I think I went to the Spiderman and Batman boards only a few times and that was to check out their fan art.

Last edited by The Shield; 11-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #142
GoldCrest
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I only ever lurked in the bat boards. But I enjoyed the people there. They bring me immense laughters that no other boards has been able to do so.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #143
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
It was horrible for me. I was so upset... I never liked how things where looking. I always had this funny feeling. I kept it to myself, the negative thoughts, but they were there. Then when I saw it... I just wanted to run back to the boards and go on a rant of swearing. But I didn't. I just never went back. It's funny though bc there was this guy that used to write pages of hate all the time and everyone use to take turns letting him have it... Turns out he was right in his doubt the whole time. I never wanted to read his crap and negativity. Sad how it all turned out. Now that site is long gone. I miss it though because at least on that site I ventured out to other boards... I even met up with a few other members to see the midnight premiere in Houston. Anyone else remember BlueTights?
I was on Kryptonsite at the time, and I never used to hold back on criticism for Smallville But for some reason, I just didn't get so involved in what was going on with SR, and managed to walk out of there pretty damn happy because I didn't have any expectations of it, and was just really chuffed to see Superman on the big screen. My fan blinders didn't come down for a while...

I feel pretty safe with MOS though. I feel like I know enough about it to have faith it will be much much better.

Quote:
I am totally bias when it comes to other hero movie boards. I am Superman only. I think I went to the Spiderman and Batman boards only a few times and that was to check out their fan art.
It's interesting the different atmosphere's in other boards. I feel like we're a bit nicer here

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #144
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
trust me, you DON'T want to know.............

we had some heated arguments.....er........discussions....back then........lots of passion from both sides.

I hope MOS is a more "unifying" Superman movie than SR........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #145
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
It's interesting the different atmosphere's in other boards. I feel like we're a bit nicer here
We must be otherwise I would not post in here. It's so hard to find a good board without trolls, fanboys and whiners. That **** really sickens me.
I fear this place might come unglued some time next year though.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #146
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
We must be otherwise I would not post in here. It's so hard to find a good board without trolls, fanboys and whiners. That **** really sickens me.
I fear this place might come unglued some time next year though.
Yeah, it's nice in here when things are quiet and it's just us lot, but i'm sure we'll get a nice rush of annoying antagonistic posts when the trailer is released, pics are released, and who knows what it'll be like when the actual film comes out...

At least we can all stick together through those hard times!

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #147
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I see what ya did there...

Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #148
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Yeah, it's nice in here when things are quiet and it's just us lot, but i'm sure we'll get a nice rush of annoying antagonistic posts when the trailer is released, pics are released, and who knows what it'll be like when the actual film comes out...

Goh... I am so not looking forward to that.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #149
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I remember when I used to hang out on BlueTights.net (didn't know about SuperHeroHype) and I remember seeing the SR uniform for the first time.

To say I was disappointed was an understatement...

When I went to see the film, I was uplifted that the John Williams score was there and then it just went fairly downhill from there...

But everything will be put right by MOS next year!

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #150
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:

Yup. I was GreenK there. had about 2,500 posts. It was a SR love fest over there mostly.
Here it was more evened out, so I stayed.

Closed Thread