The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Default What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

I know some people will say this is a horrible idea but i think this could work. A lot of people (Including Me) want to see Thanos as a much bigger threat..so why not make him the villains of the 4 Movies.By the way..all three Avenger 2 films would be shot at the same but Josh Weddon would only direct the last Avengers 2 Movie.

2014:Guardians of the Galaxy (Will focus on a new cast but will have Thanos as the main villain and will have references to the Avengers)

Early 2015: Avengers:Rise of the Illumintai (Would foucus on a team called the Illuminti set up by Iron Man to search for the Infitny Gems and Gauntlet which where stolen by Kang who is serving Thanos.The main charcter would include:Iron Man,Thor,Doctor Strange, Nick Fury,Hank Pym and Nova .Krang would be the main villain.

Middle-Late 2015: Avengers:The Masters of Evil (It would foucus on new team that was quickly set up to combat the Masters of Evil..who are secretly trying to bring Thanos to Earth.The Team would consit of Captain Amercia,Hawkeye,Scarlet Witch and Quicksilverl.It would have cameos from Hulk and Scarlet Witch but they are manly in Avengers 2)

Early 2016:Avengers 2Thanos was successfully called to Earth and the film would basically be all of SHEILD,Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy fighting Thanos,Krang and Thanos's forces)

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,076
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

ehh....there are other ways to stretch thanos out. this is just a bit messy.

and like it or not, using this, we'd have avengers for by 2016, it will take away the excitement of the avenges. avengers films being several years apart works wonders

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
ehh....there are other ways to stretch thanos out. this is just a bit messy.

and like it or not, using this, we'd have avengers for by 2016, it will take away the excitement of the avenges. avengers films being several years apart works wonders
To be honest..i want more Avengers Movies to come out more frequently

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,481
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

I don't see why everyone is super-set on the idea of Thanos being stretched out for the rest of the film series. I think having his story end in Avengers 2 and doing something else if and when Avengers 3 becomes a thing would be fine.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I don't see why everyone is super-set on the idea of Thanos being stretched out for the rest of the film series. I think having his story end in Avengers 2 and doing something else if and when Avengers 3 becomes a thing would be fine.
They have to have Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 3

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,076
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I don't see why everyone is super-set on the idea of Thanos being stretched out for the rest of the film series. I think having his story end in Avengers 2 and doing something else if and when Avengers 3 becomes a thing would be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
They have to have Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 3
Its mostly because thanos will have an infinity gauntlet movie. Phase 2 is about to start, and the IG hasn't even been introduced, thanos is confirmed for 2 movies. So we sorta just assume he has to be stretched if the IG isn't fully covered. Fiege in my eyes said they are taking their time with him. And I still have a feeing that "cinematic even in 2017 or 2018" WILL be an infinity gauntlet movie

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Its mostly because thanos will have an infinity gauntlet movie. Phase 2 is about to start, and the IG hasn't even been introduced, thanos is confirmed for 2 movies. So we sorta just assume he has to be stretched if the IG isn't fully covered. Fiege in my eyes said they are taking their time with him. And I still have a feeing that "cinematic even in 2017 or 2018" WILL be an infinity gauntlet movie
That's what i hope..that's why having 3 Avengers Movie is a good thing..1 in 2015..1 in 2016 and 1 in 2017..That's what i think Marvel will do

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
I know some people will say this is a horrible idea...
This is a horrible idea.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,076
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This is a horrible idea.
Sam I love how blunt you are

Atleast I tried to be delicate about it hahahahah


congrats, you literally made me LOL

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,076
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
That's what i hope..that's why having 3 Avengers Movie is a good thing..1 in 2015..1 in 2016 and 1 in 2017..That's what i think Marvel will do
my friend, you need to get caught up with the MCU.

Marvel will NOT have an avengers movie in 2015 2016 and 2017.

That is not a good idea lol.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #11
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This is a horrible idea.

Yep...terrible.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,624
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

This would be a logical decision based on what we've seen with other franchises but I don't think Joss would like having his story split in two. He would probably walk away if Marvel forced him to do that and that would be a bigger disaster than Donner leaving the Superman franchise.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
cleverusername8
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 909
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Absolutely terrible.

First of all, releasing two parts to the same movie in the same year makes absolutely no sense. If you're going to do a "Part 1 ... Part 2" the ala Hp or *gag* Twilight you don't put them out in the same year, that's just dumb. This isn't a TV show.

Secondly, drawing out Thanos may not be all that bad of a plan, but not over 4 whole movies. The audiences would get sick of it after the second time most likely amd revenue would drop faster than a dead bird on each succesive film.

Plus the actors would never agree to a contract like this, they'd be crazy to. Neither would the teams working on effects or editing. They'd literally need a couple thousand of people to pull off the plan the way you describe it.

This was in no way meant to be harsh but this idea simply cannot happen.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,076
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

LMFAO ^

I love the reactions. this thread should just be closed.

don't take it personally malcolm

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

This thread made my day.

Kang would never serve Thanos. Stopped reading after that.


Last edited by KangConquers; 11-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

What if Avengers 2 was really Avengers 3 and Avengers 3 was that D-Man movie we keep hearing about?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
ohmshalone
on the brink of sanity
 
ohmshalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ZA
Posts: 505
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

If this truly happened it would only mean one thing: Marvel has now handed over directing duties to: Peter Jackson.

__________________
Been here since Spider-man (2002) and still loving it.

A major DC fan (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).
ohmshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
Scarilian
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

In terms of your idea... splitting the second movie into 3 would just cause tons of confusion - especially when the Thanos story alone is going to take them the whole of Guardians of the Galaxy to explain.

Ant Man is in Phase 3 - which essentially means Ultron will be the main villain in the third Avengers film.

Pretty much this sort of thing;

Film; Main Villain - Who it is setting up for future films

Avengers; Loki - setting up Thanos
Iron Man 3; Mandarin - setting up Captain America/AIM
Thor - The Dark World; Malekith - setting up Thanos
Captain America - The Winter Soldier; Winter Soldier - setting up AIM
Guardians of the Galaxy; Drax (Scared of Thanos, later joins the Guardians) - setting up Thanos
Fantastic Four Reboot; Skrull - setting up Negative zone
Avengers 2; Thanos - (Possible death of Tony Stark, Hawkeye, Black Widow) setting up Ant Man
Ant Man; Radioactive man - Setting up AIM/Ultron
Black Widow; Prequel - setting up Avengers - Cameo Hawkeye
Hawkeye; Prequel - setting up Avengers - Cameo Black Widow
Thor 3; Surtur - setting up Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy 2;
Fantastic four 2; Annihlus - setting up Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange; Mephista (Working for Baron Mondo) - setting up Baron Mondo
Captain America 3; Baron Zemo + Arnim Zola - setting up Ultron
Avengers 3; Ultron
Ant Man 2; AIM/M.O.D.O.K - Setting up M.O.D.O.K
Doctor Strange 2; Baron Mondo - setting up Dormammu

In terms of timelines;
Avengers; May 2014
Avengers 2; November 2015
Avengers 3; May 2019


Last edited by Scarilian; 03-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Scarilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #19
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

wut

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #20
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Yeah Thanos' story really doesn't have to be dragged out over the entire series, just end it at Avengers 2. A condensed, concise story instead of a convoluted one.

And this idea does sound very convoluted and unnecessary.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #21
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,262
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

The idea reminds me of how they set up the merging and crossing over of the other films. How we got Iron Man, then Thor, then Captain America and Iron Man 2, then the Avengers. Imagine if the concept of the Thanos threat was stretched over several movies (not just Avengers) but in GOTG, Avengers 2, and another. Making the world seem connected, and bringing back that excitement that got fans buying so many movie tickets. You know the studio wants to recreate that buzz.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #22
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
The idea reminds me of how they set up the merging and crossing over of the other films. How we got Iron Man, then Thor, then Captain America and Iron Man 2, then the Avengers. Imagine if the concept of the Thanos threat was stretched over several movies (not just Avengers) but in GOTG, Avengers 2, and another. Making the world seem connected, and bringing back that excitement that got fans buying so many movie tickets. You know the studio wants to recreate that buzz.
You've got to get fans to fall in love with Thanos as a villain first. At this point, general audiences *still* don't know Thanos from a hole in the wall, nor does anyone know who the actor will be, nor if said actor will "bring it," nor if audiences will even give a damn about the villain. At this point, the only Marvel Studios villain who's ever generated any kind of fanbase is Loki. Marvel isn't going to start gambling multiple films on a villain, let alone a villain who hasn't even been audience-tested yet.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #23
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 755
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarilian View Post
In terms of your idea... splitting the second movie into 3 would just cause tons of confusion - especially when the Thanos story alone is going to take them the whole of Guardians of the Galaxy to explain.

Ant Man is in Phase 3 - which essentially means Ultron will be the main villain in the third Avengers film.

Pretty much this sort of thing;

Film; Main Villain - Who it is setting up for future films

Avengers; Loki - setting up Thanos
Iron Man 3; Mandarin - setting up Captain America/AIM
Thor - The Dark World; Malekith - setting up Thanos
Captain America - The Winter Soldier; Winter Soldier - setting up AIM
Guardians of the Galaxy; Drax (Scared of Thanos, later joins the Guardians) - setting up Thanos
Fantastic Four Reboot; Skrull - setting up Negative zone
Avengers 2; Thanos - (Possible death of Tony Stark, Hawkeye, Black Widow) setting up Ant Man
Ant Man; Radioactive man - Setting up AIM/Ultron
Black Widow; Prequel - setting up Avengers - Cameo Hawkeye
Hawkeye; Prequel - setting up Avengers - Cameo Black Widow
Thor 3; Surtur - setting up Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy 2;
Fantastic four 2; Annihlus - setting up Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange; Mephista (Working for Baron Mondo) - setting up Baron Mondo
Captain America 3; Baron Zemo + Arnim Zola - setting up Ultron
Avengers 3; Ultron
Ant Man 2; AIM/M.O.D.O.K - Setting up M.O.D.O.K
Doctor Strange 2; Baron Mondo - setting up Dormammu

In terms of timelines;
Avengers; May 2012
Avengers 2; November 2015
Avengers 3; May 2019
Edited

You had me right until you mentioned FF which then..... what?!? Why would you even mention a FF reboot in the MCU when they are still over at Fox and will be for the time being

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,467
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

Shooting three films at once with a different director for each would be so confusing to the cast and crew.

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
storyteller
Side-Kick
 
storyteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,748
Default Re: What if Avengers 2 was split between 3 Movies?

............Nope!
I don't think we need that much Thanos. Thanos needs to be over and done with. Bring on Ultron and co.

__________________
------------------------------------------

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.