The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #151
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I saw Superman Returns in theaters, maybe it was the high of seeing Sup on the big screen, cause i left the theater fairly happy. I got it on DVD, and was like" this is no way near as good as i thought it was when i left the theater"
Superman fans generally hate it, it actually got pretty good reviews. I just think it was fairly boring and lackluster. It would of grossed more, if it had more action.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #152
GreenKToo
In the fire

I didnt love nor hate it, BUT, I knew it was in trouble when as I was walking out, I didnt have a desire for a repeat viewing. I saw B.B. 3 times at the theater, independence day 4, etc etc.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #153
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I saw Superman Returns in theaters, maybe it was the high of seeing Sup on the big screen, cause i left the theater fairly happy. I got it on DVD, and was like" this is no way near as good as i thought it was when i left the theater"
Superman fans generally hate it, it actually got pretty good reviews. I just think it was fairly boring and lackluster. It would of grossed more, if it had more action.
Same here. However I did go for repeat viewings (5 in total).

Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #154
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
I remember when I used to hang out on BlueTights.net (didn't know about SuperHeroHype) and I remember seeing the SR uniform for the first time.

To say I was disappointed was an understatement...

When I went to see the film, I was uplifted that the John Williams score was there and then it just went fairly downhill from there...

But everything will be put right by MOS next year!
I remember being fairly pleased with that first shot, which everybody apparently hates. It tought the suit was decent, albeit a little desaturated, and that Routh looked fine. In the movie however he looked way too young and the contacts were unnatural and distracting.

Now the suit just looks rather yesterday, especially next to the MOS-one.

Yeah... MOS has a lot of redeeming to do, which it WILL do on several fronts at least.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #155
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I got a pair of legit Converse Superman insignia shoes today. I can't wait for all the MOS memorabilia ! At the mall they had a MOS logo poster, i wanted it sooo bad.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #156
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Same here. However I did go for repeat viewings (5 in total).
I saw it 4 times in the theaters each time trying to watch it with different eyes but I couldn't. Mostly it was me just being a huge Superman fan and wanting to see it on the big screen. I was desperate and wanted SO bad to like it. I had been clamoring for a new movie for so long I just like the fact there was a movie at all. I even bought it DVD and watched it bc that's all I had. Then I just couldn't take it anymore. All I would do was complain in my head about how much was wrong with it. I think that's why I'm looking forward to MOS so much is bc it looks like its fixing everything I cringed at in SR. And to be honest, everything I wish they could've done better in the old movies. I feel much better about this one

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 11-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #157
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Yup. I was GreenK there. had about 2,500 posts. It was a SR love fest over there mostly.
Here it was more evened out, so I stayed.
I loved reading everybody's wacky theories (including my own) about how to dispose of Jason and Richard.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #158
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
It was horrible for me. I was so upset... I never liked how things where looking. I always had this funny feeling. I kept it to myself, the negative thoughts, but they were there. Then when I saw it... I just wanted to run back to the boards and go on a rant of swearing. But I didn't. I just never went back. It's funny though bc there was this guy that used to write pages of hate all the time and everyone use to take turns letting him have it... Turns out he was right in his doubt the whole time. I never wanted to read his crap and negativity. Sad how it all turned out. Now that site is long gone. I miss it though because at least on that site I ventured out to other boards... I even met up with a few other members to see the midnight premiere in Houston. Anyone else remember BlueTights?

I am totally bias when it comes to other hero movie boards. I am Superman only. I think I went to the Spiderman and Batman boards only a few times and that was to check out their fan art.
The poster you're referring to, is that by any chance Lexlives?
Heh, God, I still remember that guy and his posts, he was spewing hate like no other. I never treated him harshly, I just wanted to understand how he could be so negative without even having seen the movie. And as you said, inevitably we all saw the movie and then a several year old war started, lol. Good God... the arguments that took place after that movie, I still haven't forgotten.

Bluetights in spite of all the pro-SR members was still a alright place, some of the people there were truly awesome.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #159
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Anyone else remember BlueTights?
Yep. There were a lot of people who posted over there who also posted here at first. A bunch thought we were too strict over here so quit showing up. The funny thing is, the guy who ran Blue Tights asked me to help moderate his site because they were running rampant over there. But I had turn him down, one site was enough.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #160
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
The poster you're referring to, is that by any chance Lexlives?
Heh, God, I still remember that guy and his posts, he was spewing hate like no other. I never treated him harshly, I just wanted to understand how he could be so negative without even having seen the movie. And as you said, inevitably we all saw the movie and then a several year old war started, lol. Good God... the arguments that took place after that movie, I still haven't forgotten.

Bluetights in spite of all the pro-SR members was still a alright place, some of the people there were truly awesome.
Lmao!! Yeah, that was him! Hahaha Those were some epic battles with that guy. I bet he was I kinds of "I told you so's". Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Yep. There were a lot of people who posted over there who also posted here at first. A bunch thought we were too strict over here so quit showing up. The funny thing is, the guy who ran Blue Tights asked me to help moderate his site because they were running rampant over there. But I had turn him down, one site was enough.
They did alright for the most part but man, they probably could have used your help. Lol

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #161
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lmao!! Yeah, that was him! Hahaha Those were some epic battles with that guy. I bet he was I kinds of "I told you so's". Lol
LOL. Thinking back, it's so damn funny with that guy. I mean, from the first official picture, and even before that if I remember correctly with the announcement of Singer as the director, he just went on and on, never stopped, never backed down. I wonder what happened to him.

Quote:
They did alright for the most part but man, they probably could have used your help. Lol
I'm afraid I was a very active participant in those wars. My hate for that movie is still with me. I've now learned to live with the pain and shame of SR, LOL. I swear to God, just a few days back, I was thinking to myself " How could they make that movie"

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #162
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I remember that one poster here ( I forgot his/her name ) who boldly claimed he'd eat his brand new, unopened copy of Action Comics #1 on live, webcam if Jason turned out to be Superman's son.

I wonder what happened to that poster................

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #163
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Justin's a pal. Talk to him every other day. A Blue Tights get together is in the works.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #164
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Justin's a pal. Talk to him every other day. A Blue Tights get together is in the works.
This sounds most good. Most good, indeed.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #165
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

While it offers nothing new; Snyder did mention "Man of Steel" while talking about the upcoming newest edition of his "Watchmen" film:

How do you see “Man of Steel” fitting into this mythology now that you’ve made “Watchmen?”

It’s a more serious version of Superman. It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we‘ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...r&dlvrit=57774

Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #166
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Just read the article about Watchmen with the little bit about MOS, sounds great to me.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #167
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
While it offers nothing new; Snyder did mention "Man of Steel" while talking about the upcoming newest edition of his "Watchmen" film:

How do you see “Man of Steel” fitting into this mythology now that you’ve made “Watchmen?”

It’s a more serious version of Superman. It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we‘ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.

Very nicely said. I feel MOS will take itself seriously, but it wouldn't nearly be as dark as the Nolan Batman films, it may have dark moments, but even the Nolan films had bits of dry humor every now and then.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #168
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

sounds great and all.......but........where's the trailer?? where are the official pics? where's the meat??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #169
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
This sounds most good. Most good, indeed.
Wow! Was that a reference to "The Critic"?

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #170
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

There is no such thing as too much time here...

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #171
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Very nicely said. I feel MOS will take itself seriously, but it wouldn't nearly be as dark as the Nolan Batman films, it may have dark moments, but even the Nolan films had bits of dry humor every now and then.

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't see the film being as dark(maybe with some scenes with Zod) as Batman. There will be some light-hearted moments especially when Lois is with Superman.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #172
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
This is what I'm hoping for. I don't see the film being as dark(maybe with some scenes with Zod) as Batman. There will be some light-hearted moments especially when Lois is with Superman.
I'm waiting for the comedy gold moments with Clark Kent. Actually, i wonder if this version of Clark will still be played like a bumbling fool.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #173
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
I'm waiting for the comedy gold moments with Clark Kent. Actually, i wonder if this version of Clark will still be played like a bumbling fool.

This is one character I'm interested in. I have a feeling Cavill will nail Superman, but Clark is a different story. I don't want him to be tripping over everything in sight and making himself look like a fool. I'd rather have a Clark that comes across as clueless.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #174
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Funny is not Snyder's forte. Im worried the movie will be humorless.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #175
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It's got to have some Clark Kent humor...ahhh ****it, I'm gonna go home and watch some Superman movies

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread