Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #901
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I have literally no problem at all with the Rescue thing. It's not like Pepper is donning a super outfit and joining the Avengers, this is clearly just a classic Tony Stark thing, a suit he has made as an eventuality that Pepper would need to protect herself, since he cares most about her it makes total and complete sense that he would take steps to do that.

An excellent point. I've seen this argument countless times, the idea of a characters powers being the thing that makes them unique and I simply don't buy into it. There are so many things that make a character who they are and powers are a small part of them. Even if two characters have the same basic skill set or abilities, when characters are well made, their unique personalities manage to be reflected in those abilities anyway. War Machine doesn't make Iron Man less unique because the most important and unique thing about Iron Man is Tony Stark himself. So they both have a suit of armor and fly around, but if they're done correctly, that's more or less where the similarities will end.
I agree with you 100%. I was only addressing on aspect with that comment. If you go back and read some of my older Ironman post, I've made the same argument that you're making too.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24506771

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-11-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #902
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I do not doubt that Tony might get the idea, or even try to implement it. I DO doubt that Pepper (levelheaded person that she is) would ever be on-board with it. And between Pepper and Tony, we all know who would win the argument. She is a CEO of a big company, she can have as many bodyguards as she needs around her, which is a much more classy solution for somebody in her position. Lets keep her grounded: that´s how IM did it, that´s how Avengers does it, and it has worked out pretty well so far .

PS - oh, and I just can´t get over all the breastplate jokes that I just know will spawn from the Pepper armor.
Well that is exactly the reaction Pepper had. She was not on board with it at all, and in fact wanted to give it, and the arc reactor back to Tony because she didn't like "feeling like a walking bomb". This caused another rift between them. The only time she willingly took rescue on a mission is when all other options were exhausted and Tony would have died at the hands of Norman Osbourne with out her.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #903
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
To be clear: nobody (officially) ever said anything about Rescue armor. Yes, she may put on armor, but it could simply be one of Tony's suits, not a suit specifically designed for her.
Not officially, but I'd be willing to make a bet it will be rescue. In fact rescue was the first thing I thought of when I saw his house being destroyed with pepper inside, that is the EXACT origin of Rescue. Ezekial Stane blows up stark tower with pepper inside.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #904
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I'd rather not spoil any Rescue developments. we still have until May, "anything" can happen with reshoots, etc.

Still, I wonder what the next step for Rhodey will be, since he's still in possession of the WM armor after part 2.. I hope Stark upgrades the armor since some of Hammer's upgrades fizzled out.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #905
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

A few updates. If anyone hasn't already pointed it out, Omelete has taken down those spoilers "at the request of Disney."

Also...
Quote:
Furniture restoration company Master Craftsmen Services has created nearly 10 different set pieces for the film. Designers there upholstered furniture for billionaire playboy Stark's mansion, including a bed, sofas, chaise lounges, ottomans and chairs, owner Ed Mayorga said. The company also upholstered about 22 theater seats that will be digitally replicated to create an entire theater on-screen. The theater will then appear to have been bombed during a terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0932526&type=1

And...

Iron Man 3 Movie Memorabilia Surgical Instruments props: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-3-M...item3ccc4a0930

Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #906
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody
Great to see that Rescue will most definitely be in Iron Man 3!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #907
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
A few updates. If anyone hasn't already pointed it out, Omelete has taken down those spoilers "at the request of Disney."

Also...

And...

Iron Man 3 Movie Memorabilia Surgical Instruments props: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-3-M...item3ccc4a0930

It's a bit late to take down the spoilers since they're already all over the internet. But that request does pretty much confirm that Pepper will be in armor in IM3.

Whether or not Marvel calls the Rescue officially, that's what it is because that is the name in the comics. Stane's armor was never called Iron Monger in Iron Man, but that's what they called the toys; you can bet Pepper will get her superheroic nickname when her action figure debuts, too.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #908
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I trying to find the 'Tales of Suspense' issue where Happy wears the armor in rescuing Tony. Anyway it's been done before in the comic.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #909
Sockin
Side-Kick

Roger Wardell says that Stephanie Szostak's role in IM3 will make fans go crazy.

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...91419334414336

Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #910
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I lol'd at the reply "it's Batman, isn't it?" in that link.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #911
Chewy
REDACTED

He's really going out on a limb there

Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #912
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Roger Wardell also says he has insider information that it might rain somewhere tomorrow. And it might not.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #913
Trimmings
Side-Kick

I haven't kept up with the news for this movie nearly as well as I should have. Someone please tell me there hasn't been anything other than some of those twitter replies to suggest Wasp

Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #914
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #915
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod1985 View Post
For those debating weather Rhodey's armor will be known as War Machine or Iron Patriot...the official IM Facebook just named it as Iron Patriot.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7882289&type=1

Here's my thoughts: The armor is Rhodey's, but is either stolen or taken control of by The Mandarin, AIM, or Eric Savin. So the "Lt. Col. James Rhodes" badging makes sense, but then the IP becomes a villain's armor like in the comics.
That's been my thoughts all along. I was very skeptical of the "it's War Machine" comments, because the pictures on set looked like JBD, and still do to me, and the excuse was that Don Cheadle didn't want to put on the suit sounded lame.

This is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that Eric Savin is going to steal the suit to assasinate the President, but everyone thinks it's Rhodey.

Everyone in comicdom knows that IP is a BAD GUY in the MU, so why would it make sense to make him a hero. Now that we know he will be called Iron Patriot, it makes all the more sense that when we get to the point where the **** hits the fan that it will not be Rhodey in the suit.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #916
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
I haven't kept up with the news for this movie nearly as well as I should have. Someone please tell me there hasn't been anything other than some of those twitter replies to suggest Wasp
I strongly, strongly doubt Szostak is playing Wasp.
There is absolutely nothing in the character or history of Janet Van Dyne that would suggest that she would sexually assault Tony Stark the way Szostak does in that scene from the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Everyone in comicdom knows that IP is a BAD GUY in the MU, so why would it make sense to make him a hero.
Correction: Iron Patriot is a bad guy who portrays himself as a hero.
And I think that's the only similarity they'll use in the MCU. IP is set up to be a national hero, the US Army battlesuit that Stark would never give the government; but IP turns out to fail miserably on a physical and ideological level in the end, and popular support returns to Iron Man as the real hero.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #917
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I'm beginning to think Roger Wardell is full of ****.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #918
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I strongly, strongly doubt Szostak is playing Wasp.
There is absolutely nothing in the character or history of Janet Van Dyne that would suggest that she would sexually assault Tony Stark the way Szostak does in that scene from the trailer.

Correction: Iron Patriot is a bad guy who portrays himself as a hero.
And I think that's the only similarity they'll use in the MCU. IP is set up to be a national hero, the US Army battlesuit that Stark would never give the government; but IP turns out to fail miserably on a physical and ideological level in the end, and popular support returns to Iron Man as the real hero.
That's provided that's what she's actually doing in the trailer. Maybe it's cut in such a way to misinterpret the actions. I just hope it's not Bethany Cabe either if she is doing that. I looked up pics of Stephanie on Google and the person she does look closest to is Wasp. However, if she were Madame Masque then it wouldn't matter exactly how she looks as her face would be hidden beneath a mask anyway.

Maybe it's Kathy Dare. I hope not though, as I don't want any of that storyline in the IM movies.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #919
Chewy
REDACTED

Wanda Maximoff

Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #920
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I have trouble picturing that. I know Feige says she's on the list of characters that are available to them, but it just seems like it would complicate things too much to use her or her brother.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #921
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockin View Post
Roger Wardell says that Stephanie Szostak's role in IM3 will make fans go crazy.

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...91419334414336
Dare I say.....Madame Masque?!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #922
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stark View Post
Dare I say.....Madame Masque?!
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else it could be that would make the fans go crazy.

It seems like they're trying to throw in as much as they can from the comics in this one.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #923
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else it could be that would make the fans go crazy.

It seems like they're trying to throw in as much as they can from the comics in this one.

"Make the fans go crazy" is another open-ended vague phrase that Roger Wardell uses to hedge his bets. Could mean that fans will love her role, or they'll hate her role. More than likely, he's probably completely wrong, because when announced, Szostak's role will probably be more along the lines of: "Who? Whatev."

I sincerely believe Szostak is not going to be a "name" character, but just a very minor bit of fluff with pretty much the same "Stark Floozy #3" role as Leslie Bibb and Olivia Munn in the first two films.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #924
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
"Make the fans go crazy" is another open-ended vague phrase that Roger Wardell uses to hedge his bets. Could mean that fans will love her role, or they'll hate her role. More than likely, he's probably completely wrong, because when announced, Szostak's role will probably be more along the lines of: "Who? Whatev."

I sincerely believe Szostak is not going to be a "name" character, but just a very minor bit of fluff with pretty much the same "Stark Floozy #3" role as Leslie Bibb and Olivia Munn in the first two films.
I've never heard of this guy before. So I take it he's full of **** a lot of the time?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #925
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Wtf?? Olivia Munn was in Iron Man?!? I need to watch it again!!

Closed Thread