The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #51
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
oh, and how I rate 'em...

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man
#3 Amazing Spider-Man
#4 Spider-Man 3
Swap SM-1 with TASM's position, and that's my order of preference.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #52
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

1) The Amazing Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2
3) Spider-Man
4) Spider-Man 3

Old 10-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #53
Vampfox

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

1. Spider-Man 2
I still think that this is the best superhero movie of all time. I love that it's pretty much a bigscreen version of the "Spider-Man No More" story.

2. Spider-Man
Great first film. WD was awesome as the Green Goblin. I love how it stays true to the origin story(too bad Spider-Man 3 retcon it).

3. Amazing Spider-Man
Ok movie. I don't like how it covers the same stuff that was in the first movie. The story is pretty weak but the actors are good so it hides some of the flaws. I don't care for the parents sub-plot, and the Lizard is goofy.

4. Spider-Man 3
I read the novelization first so I had high hopes for the movie, but a lot of the best stuff was cut from the movie.

Vampfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #54
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Spider-Man 2
Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3

I still think Raimi made a solid trilogy, but ASM may be a solid one too, shall sony decided to step up their game for the sequel(s).

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #55
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

1. The Amazing Spider-Man. I really enjoyed it, because it just felt like they tried a little better to get in toward the comics and tried to build a larger story. The only reason this comes first, though, is because it is going to have a sequel and is more than likely to have 3 or more films. If it was standalone or was only going to be 2 films, it would have not been worth it.
2. Spider-Man. Great origin story, and loved the costume in this one. The minor changes that came in 2/3 kind of made it more movie-ish and made it feel less like a comic book movie, and more like just a movie.
3. Spider-Man 2. Villain was great, comic following was adequate, humor was good. It ranks third as it was kind of filled with some mistakes that distracted me from watching the movie, and Peter being out of school and being a slacker made it harder to feel like I wanted to watch the movie for Spider-Man, and wanted to see Peter advance in school and get his act together.
4. Spider-Man 3. I really enjoyed this movie, it was a great movie, but it was not a comic book movie. It felt like they kind of wanted to pull in a lot of marketing, like TAS-M, but really, they made it feel like more of a kid's movie at that point, not a comic book movie. It was a great movie as a movie, but not as a comic book movie.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #56
CFE
This is a job for...

1: "Spider-Man 2" - 8.5/10
2: "The Amazing Spider-Man" - 8/10
3: "Spider-Man" - 7.5/10
4: "Spider-Man 3" - 7/10

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
CFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #57
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateHarley View Post
Spider-Man 3 - i think something that has helped fuel my love for the movie was a damn impressive video game

There are plenty of flaws in that game, but man do I love it

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

ASM is the only one I enjoy.

I don't like Maguire and Dunst as Parker and MJ. I don't like the cheesy acting in the Raimi movies especially from the New Yorkers. Green Goblin, GG2 and Venom were crap. And organics will always suck entirely IMO.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #59
choskins
Side-Kick

For me:

1) Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2
3) Amazing Spider-Man
4) Spider-Man 3

choskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #60
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

The performances were much more gripping in Webb's incarnation. But the action was better in Raimi's films, particularily in SM2. That train sequence has yet to be topped. In terms of a film that has an overall unified vision, I feel SM2 wins. As great as some of Webb's more personal moment's were, his action sequences reverted back to Raimi at times, especially that crane sequence, which I feel is on par with Raimi's New Yorker's on the bridge.

As Far as getting Spidey's psychology, Webb wins hands down. I love the wise-cracking smart*** comic. Although Webb made the mistake that a lot of the comic writers make. It's one thing to riff on some cop, but to wisecrack against a Lizard creature you've never seen before is an epic fail. Peter is smart, not some idiot who can't recognise a serious threat. Especially one unknown. That drives me ape SH**in the comics and on film. It's just bad writing. Once Peter know's what he's dealing with and can accurately size up an opponent, then he would/should do it.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 11-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #61
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Amazing

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #62
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Spider-man 2 and Amazing Spider-man.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

The Amazing Spider-Man 9/10

More earnest and realistic in characters and their interactions, better acting and all around more dramatically involving. The action is also the best of the films to date. Not in terms of scope, because the train scene in 2 is a whopper and I love the subway scene in 3-but in the way Spidey and the camera moves. The choreography is how I always pictured a Spider-Man movie to look like. He felt more ripped from a the panels than in the previous 3 imo.

Spider-Man 8/10

A very tightly written, concise origin story with the best performances from the cast and they are all closer to their comic book counterpart than they are in the sequels. Raimi's "awww-shucks" Silver Age love shines brightest here without feeling overdone or painfully comical. The only issue I have with it is some of the action is dated as hell. Some shots during the parade fight look awful. One in particular where Goblin kicks Spidey into a lamp poll looks like it came out of an 80s action show and not a big budget blockbuster. It's a relatively small niggle, but it aways bugs me.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

wow my list has changed lol

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3

TASM.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 AM   #65
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Spider-Man 2 - This was the kind of movie where you really felt bad for the character. Peter's struggling to be Spider-Man, he wants to tell MJ that he's Spider-Man, he doesn't want to be Spider-Man, his best friend wants to kill Spider-Man. The choices he faces throughout the movie just makes it that more intriguing. For me, it's one of the best comic book movies of all time.

The Amazing Spider-Man - This is my second favorite Spider-Man film. We see Peter struggling with the guilt of creating a monster, the fight with Uncle Ben was very well done and the scene where Capt. Stacy dies is very powerful scene.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #66
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
After watching BATMAN I still go for BATMAN and BATMAN, although BATMAN is bounds more entertaining than BATMAN.
I miss this guy

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #67
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Spider-Man 2- 9.5/10

The best for the reason other people said it was.

Spider-Man- 8.5/10

Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man- 6/10

SM3 had more memorable and enjoyable fight scenes, but TASM had a less messy story. Both were wrecks though.

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #68
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Spider-Man 2 - 9/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 8/10
Spider-Man - 7.5/10
Spider-Man 3 - 5.5/10

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #69
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Honestly, I rank them as:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3 = The Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #70
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man 2

TASM

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #71
Picard Sisko

You like Spider-Man 3 more than SM2 and TASM?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #72
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2

Do I really need to explain why?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #73
Picard Sisko

I still really love Spider-Man 1, but mostly for nostalgic reasons.

But Spider-Man 3…. BLAH!!! I walked out of the theater just really pissed off and depressed.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 AM   #74
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't hate SM3 nearly as much as some. I loved the Harry subplot in SM3 for example. Action scenes and visuals by and large are good. Sandman subplot and Venom? Weak sauce and lazyness abound. But, TASM also had a mix of story elements I loved and ones I hated.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:44 AM   #75
Picard Sisko

IMO, the Harry storyline was wasted in SM3. I think Sandman would have been a great villain if he wasn't competing with Harry for "main villain" status. I remember reading the official novelization and liking it so much more than the actual movie. Sandman was much more fleshed out as a character, and the final battle was better overall.