The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #401
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Hey man. Why do you love this movie? Come on, give me solid proof that its a great film. I dont believe you. I must of watched a different film.


Hilariously weird isn't it?

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #402
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hilariously weird isn't it?
Yes it is mate, yes it is. There isnt real proof about someones answers because its all personal opinion. I really feel sorry for the batfans who dont like this or other batman movies. I have my own little reasons why I can enjoy just about anything with batman and I use these little reasons when I watch other entertainment with other characters ie be it star wars, indy, die hard, whatever. We all have one reason and one alone why we are here and its Batman. Think about that batfans.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #403
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Yes it is mate, yes it is. There isnt real proof about someones answers because its all personal opinion. I really feel sorry for the batfans who dont like this or other batman movies. I have my own little reasons why I can enjoy just about anything with batman and I use these little reasons when I watch other entertainment with other characters ie be it star wars, indy, die hard, whatever. We all have one reason and one alone why we are here and its Batman. Think about that batfans.
So what you're saying is, we should like the movie just cuz it has Batman in it.

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #404
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Not TDKR, but I just watched The Dark Knight again and wow, after what must be 30th viewing, it's still as captivating from start to finish as the first day I saw it.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #405
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,816
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Not TDKR, but I just watched The Dark Knight again and wow, after what must be 30th viewing, it's still as captivating from start to finish as the first day I saw it.
Indeed. Both BB and TDK have held up extremely well over the last few years. I'm curious to see if TDKR follows suit.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #406
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Who the hell am I? I'm a person on a public forum expressing my opinions. Just like you.

Sooo...where the hell do you get off trying to attack me?

Hey, I don't log in that much to this site for the same reasons. So we have something in common.

I'm the only irritating presence on this site??

People have valid reasons to like the movie and to dislike the movie and people are debating it. If you have issue with that, than stay logged off.
Hey you're the one who caused this warning to come along with your name calling and telling all the detractors they're wrong and whining fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Let me put this out there...and I really hope you guys listen.

Stop the name calling. Stop telling people their OPINION is wrong. Stop the petty arguing.
So listen to the mod, Dark Knight, and stop your trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
So what you're saying is, we should like the movie just cuz it has Batman in it.
Yup makes no sense does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Where do you get off being so goddamn condescending? Each one of your posts reads like anyone who doesn't like the movie dislikes it because of some personal flaw. Who the hell are you? As someone who has yet to debate you on anything, I really have to tell you how much of an ass you sound like in every post. People have valid reasons for not liking the movie just as much as you seem to love it, just because we don't think it's as good as its predecessors doesn't make us warped or twisted. I don't even log in that much but you have been an irritating presence in almost every thread I've read recently
Quoted for truth.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #407
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Not TDKR, but I just watched The Dark Knight again and wow, after what must be 30th viewing, it's still as captivating from start to finish as the first day I saw it.
I am proud to say I feel that way with all three films. Even when I'm at home by myself or with friends, whenever Batman Begins or The Dark Knight ends, I end up clapping.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #408
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Yeah. TDK is a classic. That first viewing always stays with you a bit. It's nice to be able to watch it and recapture some of that. Sometimes I'm a bit jaded to it from watching it so many times, but if I'm in the right mood it can still be just as awesome and thrilling as it was 4 years ago.

I do wonder when or if we'll ever see another Batman film done in the vein of a crime saga/thriller.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #409
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Or a Batman film in general that tried to be more than your typical CBM.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #410
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,563
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Or a Batman film that is as good as TDK. I'm hopeful for the reboot, but who knows.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #411
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

I think it's almost pointless to hope for one as good as TDK in the vein of TDK...at least any time soon. That movie was lightning in a bottle. There's almost no way to top it without being obvious in attempt to "do it one better", it's just that engrained in the culture. Even, Skyfall, which I really liked a lot felt very obvious in its attempt to "pull a TDK" at times, to me anyway. That's why I think TDKR worked, it was its own thing.

That said...I think what we need to see one day is a true Batman/Riddler full-on detective/mystery film. That could be something special if handled the right way.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 11-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #412
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Indeed. Both BB and TDK have held up extremely well over the last few years. I'm curious to see if TDKR follows suit.
What makes TDK so enduring is how it finishes out in the end. Everything in the movie gets better when you realize what Joker's endgame is and the lesson Batman is going to learn in the end. What Alfred tells Bruce throughout the movie prefaces that EPIC speech about Batman being a "Dark Knight". When I first watched TDK I thought it was a great film, subsequent viewings have made me view it as a masterpiece.


TDKR not only makes that TDK ending much less epic than it is (So, a Dark Knight must endure by....quitting?), it also builds toward an anti-climactic ending.

Wow, Bane is an awesome villain. Look how much he is destroying Gotham. Why is he doing all this? Oh, because Talia wants him to

Wow, Bruce hasn't been Batman for eight years. I guess we're going to see how hard it is to get back in the game. Unless he finds a magical brace

Oh my god, Bane is going to take over the city and prevent the government from entering it. I wonder how the citizens will react They'll conveniently be hiding in their houses for five months until everything is over.

Wow, Batman might actually die in this movie. Unless he fakes his death because.......because......


The movie is most disappointing in how it treats Bane. As a villain whose characterization is just as good as the Joker's (IMO), knowing that he would never even have attacked Gotham if not for Talia makes him seem much less cool when viewing it from the beginning.

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #413
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

^ So much wrong with this post.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #414
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
^ So much wrong with this post.
In your opinion of course

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #415
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
What makes TDK so enduring is how it finishes out in the end. Everything in the movie gets better when you realize what Joker's endgame is and the lesson Batman is going to learn in the end. What Alfred tells Bruce throughout the movie prefaces that EPIC speech about Batman being a "Dark Knight". When I first watched TDK I thought it was a great film, subsequent viewings have made me view it as a masterpiece.


TDKR not only makes that TDK ending much less epic than it is (So, a Dark Knight must endure by....quitting?), it also builds toward an anti-climactic ending.

Wow, Bane is an awesome villain. Look how much he is destroying Gotham. Why is he doing all this? Oh, because Talia wants him to

Wow, Bruce hasn't been Batman for eight years. I guess we're going to see how hard it is to get back in the game. Unless he finds a magical brace

Oh my god, Bane is going to take over the city and prevent the government from entering it. I wonder how the citizens will react They'll conveniently be hiding in their houses for five months until everything is over.

Wow, Batman might actually die in this movie. Unless he fakes his death because.......because......


The movie is most disappointing in how it treats Bane. As a villain whose characterization is just as good as the Joker's (IMO), knowing that he would never even have attacked Gotham if not for Talia makes him seem much less cool when viewing it from the beginning.
Quoted for truth. Aces post.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #416
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

I thought the end of TDKR's third act was every bit as euphoric. The Talia reveal reinforced the some of the earliest themes of the trilogy and brought them to a screaming climax (legacy, orphans and fathers, justice vs. vengeance), similarly to the way the revelation of Joker's true plan strengthened the themes of TDK. I think that's the biggest payoff of having her in the story and withholding that information from the audience for so long. The last 20 minutes really play amazingly as not just an ending to the film, but as the conclusion of a 3-film arc.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #417
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
In your opinion of course
Of course, but too many 'whatever' faces and 'wow's doesn't help your point at all.

But to speak on one thing, Batman did endure as much as he could, but Alfred's mention of this was before Joker killed Rachel and almost killed Dent. Alfred telling Bruce to endure was before Batman deciding to take the blame for Dent's actions. Batman couldn't endure this and went into retirement, but at the moment, it didn't seem so terrible since Batman and Gordon 'won' with the creation of the Dent Act, effectively killing the mobs in Gotham.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #418
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

I firmly believe the "last reported sighting" of the Batman comment from Blake leaves room for the interpretation that Batman could have still been very covertly active for a period until the Dent Act went into effect. The movie never gives concrete evidence that he's been retired for 8 years.

Plus, Alfred says "you haven't been down here in a long time" referring to the Batcave. So obviously Bruce spent some time down there post-TDK, since there was no cave in TDK.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #419
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

The problems that the viewer has for the film lies with the viewer, not the film itself. We all have personal tastes, opinions etc. Some people think its perfect, but the rest of us might not. It doesnt really matter if thousands, millions or whatever like or hate it. In the end its upto the own viewer. But as batfans we can talk about how or why about the film in a good and calm manor.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #420
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
So what you're saying is, we should like the movie just cuz it has Batman in it.
No i didnt say that. Read my post again because the answer is in there.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #421
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I firmly believe the "last reported sighting" of the Batman comment from Blake leaves room for the interpretation that Batman could have still been very covertly active for a period until the Dent Act went into effect. The movie never gives concrete evidence that he's been retired for 8 years.

Plus, Alfred says "you haven't been down here in a long time" referring to the Batcave. So obviously Bruce spent some time down there post-TDK, since there was no cave in TDK.
Of course

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #422
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,321
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
What makes TDK so enduring is how it finishes out in the end. Everything in the movie gets better when you realize what Joker's endgame is and the lesson Batman is going to learn in the end. What Alfred tells Bruce throughout the movie prefaces that EPIC speech about Batman being a "Dark Knight". When I first watched TDK I thought it was a great film, subsequent viewings have made me view it as a masterpiece.


TDKR not only makes that TDK ending much less epic than it is (So, a Dark Knight must endure by....quitting?), it also builds toward an anti-climactic ending.

Wow, Bane is an awesome villain. Look how much he is destroying Gotham. Why is he doing all this? Oh, because Talia wants him to

Wow, Bruce hasn't been Batman for eight years. I guess we're going to see how hard it is to get back in the game. Unless he finds a magical brace

Oh my god, Bane is going to take over the city and prevent the government from entering it. I wonder how the citizens will react They'll conveniently be hiding in their houses for five months until everything is over.

Wow, Batman might actually die in this movie. Unless he fakes his death because.......because......
Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I firmly believe the "last reported sighting" of the Batman comment from Blake leaves room for the interpretation that Batman could have still been very covertly active for a period until the Dent Act went into effect. The movie never gives concrete evidence that he's been retired for 8 years.
I can't imagine what kind of Batman related activities he was doing in Gotham where nobody could report a sighting of him. Unless he was not apprehending any criminals. Which begs the question what was he doing that required him to suit up as Batman but not go and stop crime?

Quote:
Plus, Alfred says "you haven't been down here in a long time" referring to the Batcave. So obviously Bruce spent some time down there post-TDK, since there was no cave in TDK.
That doesn't mean what he was doing down there he was doing as Batman. For instance in this very scene you quoted he's using the Batcave and he's not Batman.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-12-2012 at 09:17 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #423
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Ehh, somewhat.

Too fantastical elements are not really needed, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #424
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I can't imagine what kind of Batman related activities he was doing in Gotham where nobody could report a sighting of him. Unless he was not apprehending any criminals. Which begs the question what was he doing that required him to suit up as Batman but not go and stop crime?
Well, you've mentioned before that the mob element wouldn't likely just disappear entirely immediately after the events of TDK. If we're being imaginative, maybe he used his "mob murderer" reputation to scare off any remaining mobsters who were trying to re-build and fill the power vacuum. Those aren't the types who'd file a police report after an encounter with The Batman. And that's the type of work he could do without making a big show with Bat-pods and Tumblers. I'm just saying, I think there's an interesting story that could told there about how Batman's career slowly winded down prior to the Dent Act being signed. There's a decent amount of time to play with if you figure that a legislation like that couldn't be written overnight, never mind passed.

It'd be a pretty melancholy type of story, one where you'd really need to be in Bruce's head. Perfect for a comic, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That doesn't mean what he was doing down there he was doing as Batman. For instance in this very scene you quoted he's using the Batcave and he's not Batman.
To me, if Bruce is down in the cave, doing surveillance on Gotham...even if he's not in the suit, that's still having one foot in the door. Even if Bruce is just keeping an eye on things from that shadows for a while as things slowly get better in Gotham, that's still being a "watchful protector". It's pre-retirement.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #425
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,321
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Well, you've mentioned before that the mob element wouldn't likely just disappear entirely immediately after the events of TDK. If we're being imaginative, maybe he used his "mob murderer" reputation to scare off any remaining mobsters who were trying to re-build and fill the power vacuum. Those aren't the types who'd file a police report after an encounter with The Batman.
Even in your hypothetical situation you don't have to file a Police report to have a confirmed sighting of the Batman. Nor would it be any threat to the mob to report they were threatened by Batman. Since he is now a wanted man, using the Police against Batman would work to their advantage.

It isn't like before where the Police turn a blind eye to Batman, like the Gotham citizens did, because he was cleaning up their streets. It's a different ball game now. He's wanted for several murders.

Quote:
I'm just saying, I think there's an interesting story that could told there about how Batman's career slowly winded down prior to the Dent Act being signed. There's a decent amount of time to play with if you figure that a legislation like that couldn't be written overnight, never mind passed.
Well I agree that is certainly a lot more interesting than thinking he was done the night after Dent died. But alas the movie doesn't suggest otherwise.

When you hear how bad Bruce's body is in the hospital scene, you know it would have taken years for it to get in such a state.

Quote:
To me, if Bruce is down in the cave, doing surveillance on Gotham...even if he's not in the suit, that's still having one foot in the door. Even if Bruce is just keeping an eye on things from that shadows for a while as things slowly get better in Gotham, that's still being a "watchful protector". It's pre-retirement.
Have you ever seen Batman Beyond? When Bruce was actively helping Terry McGuinness, the new Batman, from the Batcave. It didn't make him Batman again. Terry was Batman.

Sitting at a computer watching things doesn't make a Batman, IMO.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.