The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: When will the fans turn on TDK Trilogy in Mass?
When a reboot or JL film is announced 32 39.51%
When we get a poster/stills of the reboot/JL film 11 13.58%
The new Trailer(s) 20 24.69%
Week of Release 18 22.22%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #126
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

I take back what I chose for the poll. Some fans have already turned on Nolan's trilogy it seems, lol. Looking around this entire forum and you get that feeling.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #127
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The people who were fans of BB and TDK and are turning on all three films now because they didn't like TDKR make me long for the return of Schumacher.

Granted, I haven't encountered anyone like that, but I tend to avoid IMDB, AICN and CBM talkbacks.

BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #128
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Same thing happened with Raimi's Spider-Man.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #129
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

And it'll probably wont ever stop. Some fans just love to trash the previous incarnation and praise the newest one that usually haven't been released yet. I remember I said this many times before TDKR even began shooting that there will be people who are fans of TDK that won't like TDKR just because it's not TDK 2.0.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #130
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

^ Yup. When people started bashing the title when it was revealed, you could just sense a backlash waiting to happen.

I do think there will be many who stay loyal to Nolan though, just as many stayed loyal to Burton.

Though when the next Batman comes out and the actor isn't doing a growl, that's gonna be fodder for the Nolan/Bale bashing. That's just a given.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #131
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

And i'll just be here, being loyal to Batman.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #132
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Same thing happened with Raimi's Spider-Man.
To a point, yes. Although some, as myself, still love Spider-Man 2 while the third was never astounding and the first was never that great either.

ALTHOUGH, I will say this...I've been rather enjoying the '02 film more as of late.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #133
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
^ Yup. When people started bashing the title when it was revealed, you could just sense a backlash waiting to happen.

I do think there will be many who stay loyal to Nolan though, just as many stayed loyal to Burton.

Though when the next Batman comes out and the actor isn't doing a growl, that's gonna be fodder for the Nolan/Bale bashing. That's just a given.
I may have to stay away from the Batman boards all together when the Nolan/Bale bashing intensifies.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #134
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
To a point, yes. Although some, as myself, still love Spider-Man 2 while the third was never astounding and the first was never that great either.

ALTHOUGH, I will say this...I've been rather enjoying the '02 film more as of late.
Not so.Apart from complaints about GG's costume,the film was generally well recieved.I'd say as much as BB was.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #135
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Never quite understood people's reasons for ranking SM2 over SM1, same with X2. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for an origin story, but they seemed stronger overall. I found the first Spider-Man far more captivating than the second.

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #136
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

It's because SM2 is overrated as hell. Out of all the Raimi movies, the first is the only one that is good.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #137
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I thought all of Raimi's films were good. In that it is a fairly coherent trilogy, and none of the films are overtly bad.

But Amazing Spider-Man felt leaps and bounds better. Andrew Garfield is perhaps one of my favourite superhero castings ever. He just seemed to live and breathe Peter Parker, he didn't just seem like he played the role.

At the moment, I think support for the Nolan films will stay fairly positive, but as the years go by, perhaps the rose tinted glasses some wear will begin to fade. I'm not sure as a trilogy it will be topped for quite a while, but I hold out hope that it will. But people shouldn't ever "turn" on the films. They will have the same merit in twenty years as they do now.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #138
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

We can always hope that even better films will be made in the future. But nothing can replace the memories I have with this franchise. How these films made Bat-fans out of so many of my friends, how I made new friends because of these films. Meeting Jonah Nolan after seeing a viral screening of the prologue. Trekking to Pittsburgh for the Heinz Field shoot. These were more than just movies for a lot of fans. It hit me at the perfect time in my life. Even if these movies are topped one day, they'll never be replaced for me.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #139
Fudgie
Banned User

As crap as TDKR is I'll never turn on TDK. It's the best Batman movie and comic book movie ever. No crappy sequel will change that.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #140
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Good thing TDKR isn't crap

But, on to the Spidey talk...I'm not gonna get into some argument over how Spider-Man 2 is definitely not overrated, lol, but it's definitely my favorite film of Raimi's trilogy. The only Spider-Man DVD I own actually.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #141
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Good thing TDKR isn't crap
Not to you, but it is to me.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #142
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I think a lot of people forget how well recieved BB was. I didn't watch it nor was very interested on its release but I remember it was a very highly recieved. Much more so than your average CBM. On here it just seems to be your run of the mill superhero flick.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #143
Fudgie
Banned User

Begins started the reboot frenzy.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #144
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

The backlash is inevitable but it will happen like a domino effect first with a director announced followed by the actor cast and first peak at the suit.

And I'm sure WB is prepared for it at least 2 years in advance.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #145
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
I think a lot of people forget how well recieved BB was. I didn't watch it nor was very interested on its release but I remember it was a very highly recieved. Much more so than your average CBM. On here it just seems to be your run of the mill superhero flick.
I think a lot of people didn't spend money on watching BB in theatres because of Batman & Robin. Coming off B&R and being this new thing called a "reboot" got a lot of fans and the general audience at a pause on what the film was really about. Fortunately for me, I saw it on opening night and loved the film.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #146
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Even a few of the movie critics that I respect liked it, Roger Ebert gave it a thumbs up and he gave a thumbs down to the Burton/Schumacher films.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #147
Fudgie
Banned User

Ebert gave Begins and TDK four star ratings but he only gave Rises three. Sounds like he liked Begins more.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #148
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Didn't know 3 out of 4 stars was a bad thing. Definitely doesn't spell out crap as some people would say TDKR is.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #149
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Didn't know 3 out of 4 stars was a bad thing. Definitely doesn't spell out crap as some people would say TDKR is.
When ya read Ebert's review ya can tell he's being generous;

Quote:
The result, in Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his Batman trilogy, is an ambitious superhero movie with two surprises: It isn't very much fun, and it doesn't have very much Batman. I'm thinking of the over-the-top action sequences of the earlier films that had a subcurrent of humor, and the exhilarating performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker. This movie is all serious drama, with a villain named Bane whose Hannibal Lecterish face-muzzle robs him of personality. And although we see a good deal of Bruce Wayne, his alter-ego Batman makes only a few brief appearances before the all-out climax.
Quote:
Bane, played by Tom Hardy in a performance evoking a homicidal pro wrestler, is a mystery because it's hard to say what motivates him. He releases thousands of Gotham's criminals in a scenario resembling the storming of the Bastille. As they face off against most of the city police force in street warfare, Bane's goal seems to be the overthrow of the ruling classes. But this would prove little if his other plan (the nuclear annihilation of the city) succeeds.

Bane stages two other sensational set pieces, involving destroying the Stock Exchange and blowing up a football stadium, that seemed aimed at our society's twin gods of money and pro sports. No attempt is made to account for Bane's funding and resources, and when it finally comes down to Bane and Batman going mano-a-mano during a street fight, it involves an anticlimactic fist-fight. He blows up the city's bridges and to top that lands a right hook on Batman's jaw?
Quote:
Bane is the least charismatic of the Batman villains, but comes close to matching Bruce Wayne and Batman in screen time.
Quote:
All of these characters and their activities produce stretches in the first half of the film during which, frankly, I was not entirely sure who was doing what and with which and to whom.
Quote:
It lacks the near-perfection of "The Dark Knight" (2008), it needs more clarity and a better villain
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/120719981

Yup I reckon he was being generous giving it three stars after reading all of those remarks.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #150
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, you just try so hard, don't ya?

I give you that you're quite ambitious in trying to make some point as much as TDKR is ambitious.