The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #76
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I didn't need to put it to rest. I knew all that already. I needed you to understand it, which you now appear to be doing. I'm glad you started doing some reading! Please read up some more on mutation and you'll start to get to grips with the subject.
I have enough grip. You were missing the X-Gene part in your explanation. I wanted you to make that relation..

Quote:
You also have to bear in mind the X-gene is an invention of the comics, and is not entirely logical. It would take more than one gene to cause all those various powers and appearances. However, we could theorise that the X-gene is some sort of trigger for 'reawakening' some of the huge amount of inactive genetic material in the human body. Did you know that up to 99 per cent of our DNA is not actually active? It's what is sometimes called junk DNA. I would suggest that the X-gene wakes up some of that junk DNA (different bits in different people) and results in the many different superhuman mutations we see in the comics.

The bottom line is that radiation can cause mutation. Not always, but it can.

In the Hulk TV series, there was a great story where they found evidence of a prehistoric man who could also turn into a Hulk-like creature, and they theorised that - as there hadn't been any gamma bombs back then - it must have been radiation reaching earth from a supernova explosion in space.
I concur..Interesting indeed

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #77
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I personally wouldn't want X-Men to be integrated in the same continuity as the MCU movies or the FF movies. As many people have already said, there is no way mutants and mutant prejudice can work in the same universe as superheroes that are accepted by society. It's a flaw that even the comics have. If Spider-Man or the FF were the only non-mutant superhumans that existed in the Marvel universe, then maybe the general audience would buy it more that they would be accepted because they would be the big exceptions. But since the Marvel universe in the comics and the Marvel universe in the movies are all packed with superheroes, it wouldn't make much sense to why mutants would be persecuted.

I've read some arguments here from people on this thread about how mutants could fit in - one being that mutants are feared and persecuted because they're a whole new race while other superheroes are just humans with powers. That maybe would be a good explanation if most people working on X-Men made that the reason. However, if you look at the X-Men comics as well as the X-Men adaptations so far, the main reason according to most of the people that worked on X-Men to why mutants are feared is simply because they have powers. There are very few writers that addressed the mutant/superhuman double standard. Not to mention that the X-Men side of the universe usually tends to ignore the rest of the Marvel universe (and vice versa) when it comes to big events.

The only way I can see X-Men working in a shared Marvel universe is if the number of non-mutant superheroes is low to a handful number (and in that case, why even have a shared universe at all?) or if they openly address the double standard and have groups like the FF and Avengers (if the Fox MCU will be integrated with the main MCU, that is) openly coming out and saying that the mutant prejudice offends them just as much as it offends the mutants.

Also, why do all the Marvel movies have to take place in the same universe anyways? If there is one big criticism I have towards the MCU solo movies - with the exception of Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk - is that they dedicated too much time to setting up for Avengers instead of fully focusing on the properties at hand (half of Iron Man 2 was pretty much an Avengers promo, Thor had way too much SHIELD in it, and Cap had its good share of Avengers set-ups too). It did make the final product (which was The Avengers) better in the end and hyped it up very well but the solo films themselves suffered a bit due to that (once again, IM1 and TIH being the exceptions).

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #78
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I personally wouldn't want X-Men to be integrated in the same continuity as the MCU movies or the FF movies. As many people have already said, there is no way mutants and mutant prejudice can work in the same universe as superheroes that are accepted by society. It's a flaw that even the comics have. If Spider-Man or the FF were the only non-mutant superhumans that existed in the Marvel universe, then maybe the general audience would buy it more that they would be accepted because they would be the big exceptions. But since the Marvel universe in the comics and the Marvel universe in the movies are all packed with superheroes, it wouldn't make much sense to why mutants would be persecuted.

I've read some arguments here from people on this thread about how mutants could fit in - one being that mutants are feared and persecuted because they're a whole new race while other superheroes are just humans with powers. That maybe would be a good explanation if most people working on X-Men made that the reason. However, if you look at the X-Men comics as well as the X-Men adaptations so far, the main reason according to most of the people that worked on X-Men to why mutants are feared is simply because they have powers. There are very few writers that addressed the mutant/superhuman double standard. Not to mention that the X-Men side of the universe usually tends to ignore the rest of the Marvel universe (and vice versa) when it comes to big events.

The only way I can see X-Men working in a shared Marvel universe is if the number of non-mutant superheroes is low to a handful number (and in that case, why even have a shared universe at all?) or if they openly address the double standard and have groups like the FF and Avengers (if the Fox MCU will be integrated with the main MCU, that is) openly coming out and saying that the mutant prejudice offends them just as much as it offends the mutants.
Bravo!!

Quote:
Also, why do all the Marvel movies have to take place in the same universe anyways? If there is one big criticism I have towards the MCU solo movies - with the exception of Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk - is that they dedicated too much time to setting up for Avengers instead of fully focusing on the properties at hand (half of Iron Man 2 was pretty much an Avengers promo, Thor had way too much SHIELD in it, and Cap had its good share of Avengers set-ups too). It did make the final product (which was The Avengers) better in the end and hyped it up very well but the solo films themselves suffered a bit due to that (once again, IM1 and TIH being the exceptions).
I was actually fine with how they did it. IM2 feeling like an Avengers setup wasn't the issue for me. It was the weakness in the villain that was Whiplash. Setting up the Avengers though, IM2 can do that cause Tony and cast were already established in IM1. Thor I feel was appropriate because it was about Thor gaining humility to be worthy of Mjolnir by caring for those considered less powerful. CA-FA to me didn't have half the Avengers references as the others. It was a WW2 era story. Howard Stark hadn't started SHEILD yet. It had that classic movie feel.. I know folks had problems with them and I just didn't and out of all three I liked CA the best (Hayley Atwell made that movie for me)

I do understand though. I just see them different from the negative critics and in the end it all fit

Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #79
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Bravo!!

I was actually fine with how they did it. IM2 feeling like an Avengers setup wasn't the issue for me. It was the weakness in the villain that was Whiplash. Setting up the Avengers though, IM2 can do that cause Tony and cast were already established in IM1. Thor I feel was appropriate because it was about Thor gaining humility to be worthy of Mjolnir by caring for those considered less powerful. CA-FA to me didn't have half the Avengers references as the others. It was a WW2 era story. Howard Stark hadn't started SHEILD yet. It had that classic movie feel.. I know folks had problems with them and I just didn't and out of all three I liked CA the best (Hayley Atwell made that movie for me)

I do understand though. I just see them different from the negative critics and in the end it all fit
What I will say about CA is that I would've preferred a little more super soldier formula use out of him. Blonksky's first battle against the Hulk showed better use of the formula than Cap did himself in both films for the most part.

So give him a little more bit and a better suit for god sake's and we've got a great sequel coming up.

I have no problem with Shield's interaction either it's what they do. Just beef up the villains in these films and know one will be able to touch Marvel Studios.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #80
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
What I will say about CA is that I would've preferred a little more super soldier formula use out of him. Blonksky's first battle against the Hulk showed better use of the formula than Cap did himself in both films for the most part.
Thats cause he's fighting the Hulk.. You betta move better or get SMASHED!!

Quote:
So give him a little more bit and a better suit for god sake's and we've got a great sequel coming up.
I liked the WW2 CA costume better than his Avengers one IMO. But thats just me

Quote:
I have no problem with Shield's interaction either it's what they do. Just beef up the villains in these films and know one will be able to touch Marvel Studios.
Exactly. Mandarin, Crossbones, Malekith the Accursed. I think they got the problem solved

Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #81
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

The Avengers have quite a few mutants on there team. Two of which I can gurantee will be in the Marvel films at some point. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. It will happen.

As for a big full crossover if they ever wanted to do it, It would have to come down to why the publics fear and other superheros prejudice to them would come in. If you placed all the X Men in that film UNiverse in one film you would need to adress that imo. Its happening in the comics right now when Captain America chooses Havok to be the team leader of a group comprised of Avengers and X Men. Marvel is going at great legnths to show that the X Men interact with the Marvel Universe as a whole. AvsX may have been a let down, but it introduced some interesting ideas and are showing that the intention is to have all these characters as part of the same universe. That will not stop it will only grow. There is nothing imo that would be wrong with interacting X Men characters with Avengers if the story called for it. People said introducing magic with Tony Starks technology only based films wouldnt work and that went fine. Gods and giant flying dragons are a bigger stretch then Mutants. Ive read these characters interact for many years. Going out of there way to force it and make money would be a huge mistake, but mutants can easily fit in the other Marvel films with the themes intact. If they wanted tons of X Men focus in a Marvel film then it would be a Civil War/AvsX type film, which is at the least decades off.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #82
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The Avengers have quite a few mutants on there team. Two of which I can gurantee will be in the Marvel films at some point. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. It will happen.

As for a big full crossover if they ever wanted to do it, It would have to come down to why the publics fear and other superheros prejudice to them would come in. If you placed the X Men in that film UNiverse you would need to adress that imo. Its happening in the comics right now when Captain America chooses Havok to be the team leader of a group comprised of Avengers and X Men. Marvel is going at great legnths to show that the X Men interact with the Marvel Universe as a whole. AvsX may have been a let down, but it introduced some interesting ideas and are showing that the intention is to have all these characters as part of the same universe. That will not stop it will only grow. There is nothing imo that would be wrong with interacting X Men characters with Avengers if the story called for it. People said introducing magic with Tony Starks technology only based films wouldnt work and that went fine. Gods and giant flying dragons are a bigger stretch then Mutants. Ive read these characters interact for many years. Going out of there way to force it and make money would be a huge mistake, but mutants can easily fit in the other Marvel films.If they wanted tons of X Men in a Marvel film then it would be a Civil War/AvsX type film, which is at the least decades off.
I think its too late at this point for a shared X-Men/MCU without a X-Men reboot though..

Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #83
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think its too late at this point for a shared X-Men/MCU without a X-Men reboot though..
Could be, I dont think either company would be against it when it comes down to Wanda and Pietro since they both own them. Even connecting the films with those characters could be beneficial for Fox money wise. Mutants can still be introduced in Marvel films with those characters even if they didnt do a MCU/Fox share.

Then again they could take the Magneto and mutant elements away if they wanted to I guess. Dont think many fans would be happy about that though.

Last edited by def28; 11-13-2012 at 11:45 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #84
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Thats cause he's fighting the Hulk.. You betta move better or get SMASHED!!
Yeah, but Loki is no slouch neither. We've seen his leadership and we know that he can wheeled a trashcan lid. But it should really be clear that Cap is the most skilled combatant on the team except for Thor maybe. We saw Black Widow flipping around taking out 5 badguys at a time but Caps combat skills should be able to eclipse that.

Quote:
I liked the WW2 CA costume better than his Avengers one IMO. But thats just me
Me to. Which is why I can't understand why they brought in that Walmart costume. It was rumored that Whedon didn't like it either but it wasn't his decision. Which I could believe since he's never had any suit that crappy in any of his other projects. So here's to the powers that be getting the message in Cap's sequel.

Quote:
Exactly. Mandarin, Crossbones, Malekith the Accursed. I think they got the problem solved
Yeah and don't forget Thanos.

I think it's obvious why Mark Millar took a liking to the Ironman character. Tony Stark is a very charismatic character. I think Marvel could learn a from past movies villains as well.

As for Mark Millar's "shared universe", I don't think Wolverine is really apart of this seeing that the ball was already in motion before he was hired. But to appease fans and share holders it was necessary to put this "Mickey Mouse/Ironman" spin on that movie. (I wonder how Marvel Studio's feels about them piggy backing off of them)

Now will The Wolverine be better than that last solo film? Probably, I don't see how they would make it worse with so much riding on it. The real problem will be getting reluctant movie goers to see it in theaters as opposed to waiting to see it via rental like I did with Amazing Spider-man.

As it stands I dont see the Wolverine doing that much better than the last film no matter how alluring a trailer they throw at us.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #85
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
That's why I say Avengers ruined everything. FOX had a really great thing going with First Class and they saw the money Avengers made and got greedy. When you have dollar signs in your eyes it makes it hard to see. They will NEVER make money the way that Avengers did though, no matter how hard they try. And they'll end up ruining both their properties trying.
Fox had a great thing going....?

Fox has only had one decent film in 7 years to which they've only made a 7 million dollar profit off domestically. So they have every right to be in a bit of a panic here even if Marvel Studios wasn't in the picture.

Avengers didn't ruin things, it's really still a matter of Fox still missing the point. Forget the shared universe ploy and work on getting your franchises in order. Get a decent script and give supporting character's some competent actors. There's too much character fodder sitting around in these Fox Marvel films. Next, work on the special effects. It seem like most of the budget went into Magneto's epic ending leaving Beast to look like a Chubaka mask from K-mart dyed blue and slightly altered.

And at this point start on solidifying Fox Marvels continuity. If Fox had a true plan in store for the X-men franchise they're wouldn't be so many paint by numbers character's thrown into random films. Create a stable group and produce some spin off teams to interact with.

I think they honestly through Havoc into First Class w/o any thought of acknowledging him him Scott's younger brother or brother period and just like Juggernaut this slight will bring consequences later down the line. Cain Marko could've been a plot line all in itself in future First Class films.

I sincerely doubt that a shared Marvel universe as Fox currently views Marvels will help their ongoing issues. Their lack in continuity is the only thing remaining in continuity these past 12 years. And Millar pitching this 'share universes" for most part only seem's like patch work.

Mark Miller hasn't addressed any of the problems I've just mentioned at all and the reason for it I think is because The Wolverine will still show signs of these issues and he doesn't wanna get caught with his foot in his mouth. But moving forward this should be addressed being that Fox did hired a writer.

So again, I wouldn't put this on Avengers they did what they needed to do in order to reap the rewards. So if Fox Marvel is looking for a quick fix to their issues then rest assured that there wont be much change on their part in future films.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 11-14-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #86
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Yeah, but Loki is no slouch neither. We've seen his leadership and we know that he can wheeled a trashcan lid. But it should really be clear that Cap is the most skilled combatant on the team except for Thor maybe. We saw Black Widow flipping around taking out 5 badguys at a time but Caps combat skills should be able to eclipse that.

Me to. Which is why I can't understand why they brought in that Walmart costume. It was rumored that Whedon didn't like it either but it wasn't his decision. Which I could believe since he's never had any suit that crappy in any of his other projects. So here's to the powers that be getting the message in Cap's sequel.

Yeah and don't forget Thanos.

I think it's obvious why Mark Millar took a liking to the Ironman character. Tony Stark is a very charismatic character. I think Marvel could learn a from past movies villains as well.

As for Mark Millar's "shared universe", I don't think Wolverine is really apart of this seeing that the ball was already in motion before he was hired. But to appease fans and share holders it was necessary to put this "Mickey Mouse/Ironman" spin on that movie. (I wonder how Marvel Studio's feels about them piggy backing off of them)

Now will The Wolverine be better than that last solo film? Probably, I don't see how they would make it worse with so much riding on it. The real problem will be getting reluctant movie goers to see it in theaters as opposed to waiting to see it via rental like I did with Amazing Spider-man.

As it stands I dont see the Wolverine doing that much better than the last film no matter how alluring a trailer they throw at us.
You finally saw ASM.. It was good wasn't it? You gotta give it up LOL!!! But not to side track, Yeah I did forget Thanos. As far Millars comment I don't really know how he's to compare the two because from the inception of IM Marvel was leading to the Avengers. The Wolverine was setup to be a stand alone movie unless a re-write happened and we weren't informed..

Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #87
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:

Fox has only had one decent film in 7 years to which they've only made a 7 million dollar profit off domestically. So they have every right to be in a bit of a panic here even if Marvel Studios wasn't in the picture.

Avengers didn't ruin things, it's really still a matter of Fox still missing the point. Forget the shared universe ploy and work on getting your franchises in order. Get a decent script and give supporting character's some competent actors. There's too much character fodder sitting around in these Fox Marvel films. Next, work on the special effects. It seem like most of the budget went into Magneto's epic ending leaving Beast to look like a Chubaka mask from K-mart dyed blue and slightly altered.

And at this point start on solidifying Fox Marvels continuity. If Fox had a true plan in store for the X-men franchise they're wouldn't be so many paint by numbers character's thrown into random films. Create a stable group and produce some spin off teams to interact with.

I think they honestly through Havoc into First Class w/o any thought of acknowledging him him Scott's younger brother or brother period and just like Juggernaut this slight will bring consequences later down the line. Cain Marko could've been a plot line all in itself in future First Class films.

I sincerely doubt that a shared Marvel universe as Fox currently views Marvels will help their ongoing issues. Their lack in continuity is the only thing remaining in continuity these past 12 years. And Millar pitching this 'share universes" for most part only seem's like patch work.

Mark Miller hasn't addressed any of the problems I've just mentioned at all and the reason for it I think is because The Wolverine will still show signs of these issues and he doesn't wanna get caught with his foot in his mouth. But moving forward this should be addressed being that Fox did hired a writer.

So again, I wouldn't put this on Avengers they did what they needed to do in order to reap the rewards. So if Fox Marvel is looking for a quick fix to their issues then rest assured that there wont be much change on their part in future films.
This .

And for the love of GOD, please REBOOT this damn franchise already. It desperately needs it.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #88
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Meh, I've never gotten the "other superheroes in the same universe as X-Men"- problem that some brings up from time to time. It has worked in comics since the 70s without even being that addressed. People need to use their imagination, there are plenty of reasons why this could happen and be the case. Bigotry is not logical to begin with anyway. I guess they could choose to address some of the reasons this could happen in the movies to satisfy some people, as for me it's not a big deal.

Even easier and non-problematic if it's only gonna be sharing universe with FF.

I do think that the X-Men mythos is big enough to carry their own universe and not needing many crossovers and such (well crossovers are overrated in general really) but to deny them a place in a Marvel universe would be silly. In other words, I have no desire to see Wolverine in a FF movie but I have no problem with them existing in the same universe.

747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #89
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Not a fan of big-screen Loki at all. I like Tom Hiddleston a lot, he comes across so well in interviews, but then his character seems little more than a superficial, snarling pantomime villain on the big screen. He doesn't come anywhere close to Magneto in the villain stakes.

Quote:
I don't think Cap's costume looked too bad in the end. The helmet was the worst part. No doubt it will get a redesign for the next solo film and for Avengers 2.

Quote:
Not only is Downey Jr charismatic, but so is Jackman. He could be said to be the X-Men's equivalent of Downey Jr in terms of screen presence though Jackman doesn't quite have the same energy and ego as Robert.

Quote:
I think he meant that from The Wolverine onwards, there is more 'universe building' going on, much as Iron Man was the first paving stone towards Avengers.

Quote:
Now will The Wolverine be better than that last solo film? Probably, I don't see how they would make it worse with so much riding on it. The real problem will be getting reluctant movie goers to see it in theaters as opposed to waiting to see it via rental like I did with Amazing Spider-man. As it stands I dont see the Wolverine doing that much better than the last film no matter how alluring a trailer they throw at us.
It will indeed be interesting to see how The Wolverine performs.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #90
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

Maybe that's why the shared universe that has worked so well for Marvel is now such an attractive option!

Quote:
Avengers didn't ruin things, it's really still a matter of Fox still missing the point. Forget the shared universe ploy and work on getting your franchises in order. Get a decent script and give supporting character's some competent actors. There's too much character fodder sitting around in these Fox Marvel films.
I think a shared universe (films having to account to each other in some way) is a good step towards better continuity so things are aligned.

Not sure I understand the point on supporting characters and character fodder.

Quote:
Next, work on the special effects. It seem like most of the budget went into Magneto's epic ending leaving Beast to look like a Chubaka mask from K-mart dyed blue and slightly altered.
I agree Beast didn't look right at some points. Maybe they didn't have the money to correct it, or redo it. Here's hoping for an improvement next time.

Quote:
Hopefully, Fox now has a true plan in store, even if they didn't before.

Quote:
I kinda agree with this. I was not at all a fan of Juggernaut in X3, but there is still chance to him to appear again in First Class films set in the 70s or 80s, or in a film set after X3 if he survived running into a wall on Alcatraz. Likewise, there is still chance to include Havok's relation to Scott (as an older brother, as in the Ultimate X-Men). I'm not fussed whether he is the younger or older brother on screen.

Quote:
I agree continuity needs addressing, and I hope the idea of a 'cinematic universe' is one way towards that, because they will have to bear in mind where films fit into the timeline.

Quote:
Miller hasn't had chance for much influence yet. When he was hired, The Wolverine was in production on the other side of the world, and DoFP was already in development (and probably being scripted). He hasn't had any impact on either of those films.

Quote:
I hope we get more than a quick fix, or a quick buck. With any luck, Fox has seen the results that can be harvested from planning and structure.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #91
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Speaking of Juggernaut I never bought into the fact that he is Xavier's step brother. It was always corny and forced to me so I'm okay with them not mentioning that in the movieverse. (Don't even mention that whole Cassandra Nova business!)

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #92
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Speaking of Juggernaut I never bought into the fact that he is Xavier's step brother. It was always corny and forced to me so I'm okay with them not mentioning that in the movieverse. (Don't even mention that whole Cassandra Nova business!)
I really wont argue with that. But shoe horning him in X-3 as a random mutant didn't do him any justice either.

He should've been portrayed as a Hulk/Thor class threat which he wasn't.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #93
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Maybe that's why the shared universe that has worked so well for Marvel is now such an attractive option!

I think a shared universe (films having to account to each other in some way) is a good step towards better continuity so things are aligned.

Not sure I understand the point on supporting characters and character fodder.

I agree Beast didn't look right at some points. Maybe they didn't have the money to correct it, or redo it. Here's hoping for an improvement next time.

Hopefully, Fox now has a true plan in store, even if they didn't before.

I kinda agree with this. I was not at all a fan of Juggernaut in X3, but there is still chance to him to appear again in First Class films set in the 70s or 80s, or in a film set after X3 if he survived running into a wall on Alcatraz. Likewise, there is still chance to include Havok's relation to Scott (as an older brother, as in the Ultimate X-Men). I'm not fussed whether he is the younger or older brother on screen.

I agree continuity needs addressing, and I hope the idea of a 'cinematic universe' is one way towards that, because they will have to bear in mind where films fit into the timeline.

Miller hasn't had chance for much influence yet. When he was hired, The Wolverine was in production on the other side of the world, and DoFP was already in development (and probably being scripted). He hasn't had any impact on either of those films.

I hope we get more than a quick fix, or a quick buck. With any luck, Fox has seen the results that can be harvested from planning and structure.
Character fodder = White Queen, Moira Mctaggart or Azazel for instance. Too many to name in Xmen Origins.

These are supporting characters that could've been handled better. Granted you could say that about any film but Fox is infamous for their misuse of it's characters. But since we know that the X-men aren't going anywhere let's hope that they do get it right this time.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #94
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Is X-men board.More Importantly days of future past board.If you want to complain
about X-Men films and praise marvel studios you have the indiavual marvel studios films threads and past X-men films forum.

And this Is going to turn Into arhuement If this keeps up.Plus I for one come to days of future past and The Wolverine boards to discuss them not get Into the war between X-Men film fans and Marvel studios fanboys.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #95
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
This Is X-men board.More Importantly days of future past board.If you want to complain
about X-Men films and praise marvel studios you have the indiavual marvel studios films threads and past X-men films forum.

And this Is going to turn Into arhuement If this keeps up.Plus I for one come to days of future past and The Wolverine boards to discuss them not get Into the war between X-Men film fans and Marvel studios fanboys.
Thank you for pointing out this is a X-Men board.. I for one was enjoying the discussion. But, when does it turn into an argument? When you start calling people FANBOYS.. I'm sure the Mods show distain for that type of name calling here. tsk tsk tsk

Also this I believe is the Mark Millar thread. If you like to discuss DOFP there are other subjects in this section. Feel free to roam there.

Now if you don't mind, grown folks are having a discussion..

Carry on people..

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #96
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This thread was started because mark Millar Is working on Fox marvel films Including Days of future past.It's not for you and another to continue your antifox rants and pro marvel studios rants.You have marvel films threads and all indivual Marvel studios films for that.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #97
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for pointing out this is a X-Men board.. I for one was enjoying the discussion. But, when does it turn into an argument? When you start calling people FANBOYS.. I'm sure the Mods show distain for that type of name calling here. tsk tsk tsk

Also this I believe is the Mark Millar thread. If you like to discuss DOFP there are other subjects in this section. Feel free to roam there.

Now if you don't mind, grown folks are having a discussion..

Carry on people..
Actually, this is the DOFP section. If this is going to continue as a Fox vs. Marvel debate, it doesn't belong here, and it will likely move to the Marvel section.

Secondly, we mods frown on all name-calling, which also includes to referring to your side of a debate as the grownups in a discussion.

Please play nice, or you don't get to play at all.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #98
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In accordance to moderators I will apolagze for use of marvel studios fanboys phase.

I was being too juvenile to get my point we don't need this thread turning Into a Fox VS Marvel Studios debate when It was started to discuss Mark Millar's work on
Fox marvel films Including Days of Future Past.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #99
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Isn't bringing in the Marvel Studios films still on topic? Mark Millar did say he wants to construct a cohesive universe not just with the Fox properties but with the Fox and Marvel Studios properties together. I don't see how bringing Marvel Studios in the discussion is somehow off-topic. I agree people shouldn't act like fanboys or praise one studio while bashing the other one but I don't see how bringing in MS into the discussion is off-topic.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #100
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

And I can be more tactful in my responses. I'm working on that with my therapists. But seriously, I'm too analytical for my own good so I really should give it a rest..