The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #151
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman After Nolan

Being a Burn Notice fan I've been thinking and I think Jeffrey Donovan would make a good Batman. He could definitely pull off Bruce Wayne and I think he could come off as an intimidating Batman.

Mr.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 AM   #152
Knight Rise
Banned User

Noah Bean for Batman
Liam Aiken for Robin
Bryan Cranston for Gordon

I'll even post who I had in mind for villains

Knight Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #153
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Cranston would make an amazing on screen Gordon, hands down.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #154
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Jason Statham

OR

Adrian Pasdar

For Bruce Wayne/Batman!

Last edited by LuisTX85; 07-03-2011 at 04:32 PM.
LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #155
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Statham no thanks, I like some of his work but he would never make a good Batman out of the physical boundaries. I've never heard the dude break his accent in any film ever.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #156
Kar
Side-Kick

I'd love to see a more noir comic book style take on a Batman movie. Like Adam West's Batman series meets "Sin City". Or a series focusing on Batman raising Dick would be nice. I don't want anymore Batman origin stories. We get it already. I don't think there's any other way to tell it. Have a film where he's already established as the Dark Knight and focus on Bruce adopting and raising a young Dick Grayson while also trying to uncover the reason behind his parents' murder. Make it a mystery kinda flick. You could have the Joker, but don't have him be the main villain. It's been done enough. Maybe have a scene with Batman meeting with him in Arkham for interrogation. Dick would never really have to become Robin actually, just have him trying to help Batman in his Flying Graysons costume and of course get beaten pretty bad. Or they could just adapt "Dark Victory". Robin CAN and MUST be done. He's as vital to Batman as Alfred in my opinion.

Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #157
thebatandthecat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
You could have the Joker, but don't have him be the main villain. It's been done enough. Maybe have a scene with Batman meeting with him in Arkham for interrogation.

Sort of a "Silence of the Lambs" kinda thing...could def be interesting!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #158
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Most important is thing to do get right director for Batman after that we can get a another good sucessful films.

Last edited by Two-Face; 07-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #159
Kar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatandthecat View Post
Sort of a "Silence of the Lambs" kinda thing...could def be interesting!
Right. Something in that vein. John Malkovich's scenes in the new Transformers movie makes me wanna see him try his hand at the Joker. I think he'd be a good fit.

Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #160
mr jenzie
Side-Kick

don't make me post my posters for THE CAPED CRUSADER ideas again .....

mr jenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #161
MadPorra

How about if Nolan after doing THE DARK NIGHT RISES and THE MAN OF STEEL did this?

MadPorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #162
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Right. Something in that vein. John Malkovich's scenes in the new Transformers movie makes me wanna see him try his hand at the Joker. I think he'd be a good fit.
I wonder how awesome he would have been as the Vulture in Spider-man 4

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #163
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I think once Nolan leaves the series, Batman should be left for a while, to let Nolan's films stand as a complete trilogy. In future, when a new Batman film franchise is inevitably launched, I would make sure to NOT retread the same ground as the Nolan films by not redoing Batman's origin. Instead, I'd start the first film with Batman already established. I'd probably be inclined to make the first film the origin story for Robin, and the overarching theme of the new franchise could be the relationship between Batman and Robin.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #164
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Rian Johnson Sounds Off On Potential ĎBatmaní Reboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dyce
Speaking with FlickeringMyth, Johnson praised past depictions of Batman, but isnít ready to jump head-first into WBís plans, should the opportunity arise:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian Johnson
ďI like that hypothetical. You know, I love Batman, I didnít grow up reading the comics but ĎBatmaní movies, when that first Tim Burton ĎBatmaní movie came out that kind of defined, in kind of like a weird way for the generation that I was in, that first ĎBatmaní movie in a way it defined what a blockbuster was for me, more so than any of the 70s movies. When that first ĎBatmaní movie hit it was like this cultural volcano that defined what the superhero blockbuster was in a way that was just completely drew me in as a kid. So ĎBatmaní is definitely the one superhero movie franchise that Iím 100% just completely in love with, and I love [Christopher] Nolanís so much man. Right now Iím just focusing on doing my own thing. And that hypothetical that you mentioned has so many variables to it in terms of what kind of movie theyíre looking to make and all of that so, you know, that call hasnít happened and in the meanwhile Iím not gonna sit by the phone, Iím just gonna keep writing my own stuff.Ē

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #165
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

Introduce him in Justice League. Use Morrison's first JLA arc for the Justice League story but with the line-up from JLU. Make Batman more fantastical and comic booky; like Arkham City. Introduce Dick Greyson and make him as young as Hit-Girl. She was everyone's favorite character in Kick-Ass because it's awesome seeing a little agile kid kicking bad guy's asses. That's what Robin should be. Get Asa Butterfield or somebody like that and throw him in the Young Justice Robin suit. Karl Urban made a great Dredd, but I think he'd make an even better Batman. They could have high-tech masks that have glowing white lenses like that one part in TDK. Batman could look like the Arkham City version. Start with Batman and Robin already established as crime-fighters and do a villain who hasn't been properly represented in film yet like Riddler or Mr. Freeze. Bam.

spiderfan970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #166
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'd like to see some smaller scale Batman stories in the new franchise. Maybe some sort of crime drama sort of thing with Batman as the detective. I know the Hollywood tendency is to make every villain a threat to all of Gotham through some bomb or attack or whatever. I actually thought that sort of large scale bomb plot aspect of TDKR was the worst aspect, while the intimate conflict (Bane vs. Batman, Talia's thirst for revenge) had far more potential. There can still be real stakes in the film, just not SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD!!! stakes.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #167
the-avenger
New User - Level 0

No one could possibly make a better batman film than chris nolan

the-avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #168
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-avenger View Post
I love, love, love Nolan's films, but I don't think what you've just said is necessarily true.

The great thing about Batman is the character is open to many great interpretations.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #169
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
That's pretty narrow minded. I hate it when people just give up and die.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #170
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree with C. This way of thinking is pretty narrow-minded.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #171
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Indeed, it all comes down to being a matter of opinion. I view the Burton Batman films superior to the Nolan Batman films.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #172
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Just because he's made the best Batman movies so far, apart from Rises which I thought was muck, doesn't mean it can't get better in another movie with another director.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #173
theman
Banned User

sorry but the praise being aimed at nolan is unwarranted. IMHO, nolans batman is NOT what a comic book movie should be. they were not moving, nor entertaining to me. they were just a flat out bore. one or 2 halfway decent action sequences, but thats it. everything else reminded me too much of an elongated CSI episode with elements of "law and order". not the kind of thing i except nor want in a superhero flick. im one of those people that saw Batman Forever 3 times in the cinema because it was so much fun. nowadays batman has become the equivlant of any humdrum action movie made today. nothing unique about. so when i read reviews saying how "amazing" the new ones are, i just roll my eyes in utter disbelief. overrated? nah. ULTR overrated? you bet.

whatever happens next, i pray they go back to the original forumla, a "normal" blockbuster type of movie, not too far from what marvel is doing, and i really dislike marvel. batman and superman are the only characters in comics i like, and so far the recent movies have really just been lackluster. i want big bold action, a real Bat-mobile, over the top villians that actually look like there comic book counterparts, not some lame reimagining to a dull realistic forumla. i want, plain and simply, a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. not some lame meladrama that doesnt even use the word "batman" in the title that masquerades as a comic book movie. they as well have called it "armour wearing pointy eared man" because they rarely if at all called him batman. its as if nolan is ashamed to be making a superhero movie, so he tries to give it thuis superficial mask of self importance and faux depth to cover up the fact its about a guy who dresses like a bat.

Last edited by theman; 11-14-2012 at 03:02 PM.
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #174
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Yeah, I hate how people ignore the fantastic side of comics and often go to the "real" aspect. But that's for another thread...

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #175
theman
Banned User

Quote:

LMAO i hope your joking. he didnt even make the best ones. tim burton IMO still is the bat-master when it comes to the films. i even thought joel schumacher did a better job at making a fun entertaining batman film with Batman Forever. nolans movie should have been called "average man" cuz his batman is so lame i can barely watch.

btw, those who think im being narrow minded as well, im not. i gave nolan a chance. Begins was ok...but just ok. TDK was terrible. i decided to not go back for a 3rd because so far ive just been dissapointed. until WB decides to bring back the classic blockbuster batman, i will stick with the original series.

theman is offline   Reply With Quote