The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #201
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

The second TDKR theatrical trailer is one of the finest trailers I've ever seen.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #202
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,827
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

*Waits for Excelsior to complain about the trailers*

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #203
batman44
Go Speed GO
 
batman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: right here
Posts: 5,714
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Assuming that a full theatrical trailer will debut with the Hobbit, we are just one month away, quite possible getting a new poster too.

__________________
<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #204
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Well well, Start Trek Into Darkness (the example some people like to use to justify the lack of MOS news ) is going to have a 9 (!!!) minute prolouge in IMAX 3D in front of The Hobbit. Damn, The Hobbit is getting crowded. This, Pacific Rim trailer...and that Superman guy nobody cares about it.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #205
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, this seems to have been our phases so far when it comes to the production of this film's schedule:

1. AUGUST 2011: Does he have the Red Underwear debate term

2. SEPTEMBER 2011-OCTOBER 2011: OMG I LOVE/HATE the New Updated Look term

3. EARLY JULY 2012: OMG, MOS is going to be EPIC after seeing the bootleg Comic Con Trailer Term.

4. LATE JULY 2012: I feel so whelmed by the official teaser term

5. AUGUST 2012 to NOW: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOMETHING NEW Term
6. NOW to NEXT MONTH: WHY IS THERE STILL NO NEWS???

7. DECEMBER to JANUARY: Why was there no trailer?!?! or, Why was the trailer so weak???

8. JANUARY to MARCH: Another period of zero news.

9. APRIL to JUNE: The period when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there, aka THEY ARE SHOWING WAY TOO MUCH AND I CAN'T RESIST THE SPOILERS!!!

10. JUNE:
Movie comes out to a mediocre reception and does poorly at the box office, tears are shed at the hype, hearts are broken and rage outbursts grow in uncontrollable numbers.


G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #206
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,429
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
6. NOW to NEXT MONTH: WHY IS THERE STILL NO NEWS???

7. DECEMBER to JANUARY: Why was there no trailer?!?! or, Why was the trailer so weak???

8. JANUARY to MARCH: Another period of zero news.

9. APRIL to JUNE: The period when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there, aka THEY ARE SHOWING WAY TOO MUCH AND I CAN'T RESIST THE SPOILERS!!!

10. JUNE: Movie comes out to a mediocre reception and does poorly at the box office, tears are shed at the hype, hearts are broken and rage outbursts grow in uncontrollable numbers.


my heart couldn't handle that **** lol

ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #207
A&W
Side-Kick
 
A&W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,174
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I was hoping somebody could help me out with this. I haven't read many Superman comic books. I was never a fan of him untill rescently when I watched the old original movie with Reeves. And I've seen a lot of the direct to video DC animated movies. I was hoping somebody could answer me this question.

Is the character portrayal of Superman in these animated movies pretty true to the comic book? I'm talking about Superman verses the elite, All Star Superman, Batman Superman Public enemies, Doomsday, Justice Leage New Frontie, Justice league crisis on two earths, shazam, ect.

__________________
Well let's send them a message. That this..... THIS IS OUR LAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by A&W; 11-14-2012 at 06:26 PM.
A&W is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #208
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,780
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Yes, for the most part. Most of those direct animated movies are actually adapted directly from comic book stories.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #209
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,800
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Well well, Start Trek Into Darkness (the example some people like to use to justify the lack of MOS news ) is going to have a 9 (!!!) minute prolouge in IMAX 3D in front of The Hobbit. Damn, The Hobbit is getting crowded. This, Pacific Rim trailer...and that Superman guy nobody cares about it.
The Hobbit in IMAX 3D is going to be so worth the 20 dollars, especially with those trailers and STIT prologue.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #210
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,001
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Here's a thought; how would you guys feel if they had Superman confiscating the remainders of Zod's robot army (assuming if he does have a army of robots and that there are still some left, albeit damaged or deactivated) and reprograms them to function within the FOS? I think that'd be a great way of establishing Superman having advance robots working within the Fortress like how he's been known to have in the comics.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #211
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's a thought; how would you guys feel if they had Superman confiscating the remainders of Zod's robot army (assuming if he does have a army of robots and that there are still some left, albeit damaged or deactivated) and reprograms them to function within the FOS? I think that'd be a great way of establishing Superman having advance robots working within the Fortress like how he's been known to have in the comics.
To me, it doesn't seem like that type of thing would fit into this type of movie.

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #212
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,192
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I agree. Something like that just doesn't seem like it would fit in this movie. I don't think it's Nolan's/Snyder's style.

NewYorkSpider is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #213
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,001
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

But if we end up getting Robots that accompany Zod, wouldn't that in itself already go out of the boundaries of Nolan's and Snyder's usual style?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #214
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Has there been something new that suggests Zod has robots?

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #215
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,210
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Nope.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #216
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,418
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Has there been something new that suggests Zod has robots?
a few weeks back, there were some reports of supposed "test commercials" for toy concepts. and one of those commercials' description mentioned Zod and his robot army and spaceship Black Zero. the commercial had models of them too.

here's an article on it:

http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-m...od-black-zero/

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 11-14-2012 at 09:58 PM.
X Knight is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #217
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,001
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Has there been something new that suggests Zod has robots?
Aside from the TV Toyline commercial that was presented a few weeks back; no, hence why I said previously earlier on that this was all under the assumption/speculation that Zod DID have a army of robots.

for all I know, Zod might have something else entirely as henchmen since I'm still personally under the belief that there will be more than just Zod and Faora as a threat on Earth.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #218
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,418
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Aside from the TV Toyline commercial that was presented a few weeks back; no, hence why I said previously earlier on that this was all under the assumption/speculation that Zod DID have a army of robots.

for all I know, Zod might have something else entirely as henchmen since I'm still personally under the belief that there will be more than just Zod and Faora as a threat on Earth.
well, we do know from the early set pics that there were a few other mo cap guys along with Zod, and a mo cap dude with the big stick on his head with Faora.

so, that would at least suggest there are other bad guys besides Zod and Faora, with one of them potentially being larger than normal ( hence the need for the stick on the guy's head ).

whether or not they are robots, Kryptonian henchmen ( with cgi power suits? ), or something else entirely ( Doomsday like creature?? ), that remains to be seen.......

perhaps the mo cap dude with the stick is a robot ( hence the larger size ), and they're just using one guy to mo cap the movements, then duplicate that in cgi to create multiple robots........

or else the mo cap dude with stick IS Zod in some kind of giant power suit ( but then, why not just get Shannon to do it........).......

there was also one brief shot in the Comic Con trailer where it looked like Superman was fighting, in mid air, something "big." not giant, but something with mass. but it's hard to tell if that's Zod in a power suit or some kind of creature or robot......

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 11-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.
X Knight is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #219
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Has there been something new that suggests Zod has robots?
The toy commercial pitch that made the rounds a few weeks ago. It had enough other plot elements that have been confirmed, but not officially announced, to lead a reasonable person to believe that Zod would also have a robot army as indicated in the commercial.

Plus all the extra "bad guys" in mo-cap suits that were shot during filming had to either be Kryptonians in battle armor or robots. Putting two and two together......

Edit: It pays to actually finish reading a thread before posting. Sorry for being like the 4th reply with the same answer.....sheesh.

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #220
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I wonder where Zod gets the robots from (if he has them)? Maybe a nod toward a sequel villain... Brainiac?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #221
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 136,861
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
a few weeks back, there were some reports of supposed "test commercials" for toy concepts. and one of those commercials' description mentioned Zod and his robot army and spaceship Black Zero. the commercial had models of them too.

here's an article on it:

http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-m...od-black-zero/
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Aside from the TV Toyline commercial that was presented a few weeks back; no, hence why I said previously earlier on that this was all under the assumption/speculation that Zod DID have a army of robots.

for all I know, Zod might have something else entirely as henchmen since I'm still personally under the belief that there will be more than just Zod and Faora as a threat on Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
The toy commercial pitch that made the rounds a few weeks ago. It had enough other plot elements that have been confirmed, but not officially announced, to lead a reasonable person to believe that Zod would also have a robot army as indicated in the commercial.

Plus all the extra "bad guys" in mo-cap suits that were shot during filming had to either be Kryptonians in battle armor or robots. Putting two and two together......

Edit: It pays to actually finish reading a thread before posting. Sorry for being like the 4th reply with the same answer.....sheesh.
Thanks guys, I remember the mo cap guys in the summer but there hadn't been anything since and there seemed to be some uncertainties over who or what they were representing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Nope.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #222
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,266
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I wonder where Zod gets the robots from (if he has them)? Maybe a nod toward a sequel villain... Brainiac?
Yes, Brainiac plaz.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #223
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,899
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

The crime that Zod was sentenced to the Phantom Zone for in the silver age was trying to take over Krypton using robot duplicates of himself (resembling Bizarros).

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #224
matrix_ghost
milfhunter
 
matrix_ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At Tarantino's grave...Where he belongs
Posts: 5,363
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Damn , i guess there won't be a prologue with Hobbit.
The first nine minutes of Star TRek will be attached to hobbit.
As much as i'm looking forward to MoS and i really am hoping for the best , i just hope the lack of marketing won't kill this flick a la Green Lantern ( lack of marketing was ONE not THE reason why the movie wasn't a succes)

__________________

Rambo is better then viagra. Heck it should be mandatory viewing for us males before we bang our women
matrix_ghost is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #225
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,504
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

More like they had no idea how to market the movie.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.