Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #951
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Wasp is going to be in the MCU, that's a fairly major role. Would they really cast someone like Stephanie Szostak? Wouldn't they want more of a name for the part? She's even more obscure than Cobie Smulders, and it's not like Smulders isn't fairly well known for HIMYM. But if people hadn't watched HIMYM, they might not know her, whereas the other stars in the Avengers are more known for their films. It's not like Janet Van Dyne is just a throwaway part like Leslie Bibb's Christine Everhart.

That said, if she is suitable for the part, then whether she's known or not is not something I'd object to. I'm just thinking in terms of their rationale behind casting. If it is Janet, it's almost like how some of these X-Men characters were cast as really small throwaway parts with unknown actors like Daniel Cudmore as Colossus etc.

For Janet I prefer someone like Autumn Reeser, Lauren Cohan etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I wasn't familiar with Mark Ruffalo till avengers or Chris Hemsworth till Thor...

Yeah. MS isn't really concerned about someone being known or not when it comes to these films.

It's nice if they are but I think they'd rather have someone who can look and act the part.

Hell, Chris Evans, who's relatively known, wasn't even the first choice for Cap according to multiple outlets. It was Garrett Hedlund who, before Tron Legacy, was pretty unknown.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #952
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I wasn't familiar with Mark Ruffalo till avengers or Chris Hemsworth till Thor...
But whether or not you were familiar with Mark Ruffalo is neither here nor there. It's not like Avengers was his first big break. He's been in a number of movies which people have seen. He was certainly more known than Chris Hemsworth, and probably more than Chris Evans.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #953
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
All I remember Mark from was a movie called Blinded, I think was the title where this certain city has some virus blind them all and the victoms are locked down at a hospital.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #954
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
All I remember Mark from was a movie called Blinded, I think was the title where this certain city has some virus blind them all and the victoms are locked down at a hospital.
Blindness, not Blinded. I read the Braille version of that book.

He was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 13 Going on 30, Zodiac, Collateral, The Kids are Alright, Shutter Island etc.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #955
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They said a source told them at the beginning of the article and then pointed out Wardell's tweet afterwards. It's not like I'm not taking this with minuscule grains of salt but I also acknowledge that it makes a lot of sense given the context of the situation.

Uhh just do a google search. :/

Her hair clearly has a red tent most of the time mixed with that dark brunette...which is why I said dark red. Either way the look matches Szostak's perfectly especially Ultimate Jan.
Ultimate Jan is an Asian-American, and most definitely black-haired.

Also, I pointed out earlier that Szostak's hairstyle looks identical to Justine Hammer's. Doesn't mean Crimson Cowl is any more likely to appear in this than Wasp is.

I'd be tickled pink if Wasp was in this. But I'm betting heavy that she ain't.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #956
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Ultimate Jan is an Asian-American, and most definitely black-haired.

Also, I pointed out earlier that Szostak's hairstyle looks identical to Justine Hammer's. Doesn't mean Crimson Cowl is any more likely to appear in this than Wasp is.

I'd be tickled pink if Wasp was in this. But I'm betting heavy that she ain't.

Agreed. Plus that hair could easily be a wig.

One scenario, if it is wasp, is that she's a SHIELD agent in this and she's undercover and Tony, having deduced who she was, almost blows her cover.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #957
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Just a Random thought: If Justine Hammer makes it onto the big screen, she might as well be Justin's More Successful Twin Sister

Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #958
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Blindness, not Blinded. I read the Braille version of that book.

He was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 13 Going on 30, Zodiac, Collateral, The Kids are Alright, Shutter Island etc.
i knew about mark ruffalo wayyy before avengers.....but chris hemsworth i only knew after thor

Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #959
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
If Wasp is going to be in the MCU, that's a fairly major role. Would they really cast someone like Stephanie Szostak? Wouldn't they want more of a name for the part? She's even more obscure than Cobie Smulders, and it's not like Smulders isn't fairly well known for HIMYM. But if people hadn't watched HIMYM, they might not know her, whereas the other stars in the Avengers are more known for their films. It's not like Janet Van Dyne is just a throwaway part like Leslie Bibb's Christine Everhart.

That said, if she is suitable for the part, then whether she's known or not is not something I'd object to. I'm just thinking in terms of their rationale behind casting. If it is Janet, it's almost like how some of these X-Men characters were cast as really small throwaway parts with unknown actors like Daniel Cudmore as Colossus etc.

For Janet I prefer someone like Autumn Reeser, Lauren Cohan etc.
Quite the contradiction you've got there, lol

Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #960
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Quite the contradiction you've got there, lol
If you only read those two lines, and nothing in between, then I suppose you would conclude that.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #961
Chewy
REDACTED

I read the whole post, came to that conclusion. You suggest that they would cast someone who is more well known, ramble a bit, compare Szostak to non-actor Daniel Cudmore, and then suggest two actors who are just as obscure as Szostak.

I would be very surprised if Szostak is Wasp. But she's had large parts in major Hollywood productions. It's not like we're talking about Kevin Pennington here.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #962
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I read the whole post, came to that conclusion. You suggest that they would cast someone who is more well known, ramble a bit, compare Szostak to non-actor Daniel Cudmore, and then suggest two actors who are just as obscure as Szostak.

I would be very surprised if Szostak is Wasp. But she's had large parts in major Hollywood productions. It's not like we're talking about Kevin Pennington here.
The first part of my post deals with Marvel's potential rationale behind a character like Wasp. In my second 2nd paragraph I state that despite their rationale, I wouldn't be opposed to having someone unknown if suitable for the part. In the 3rd paragraph, following on from what I've said in the 2nd, I then state my own preference.

Like I said, it's only contradictory if you just read those two bolded sentences. If you read the whole thing, it leads from one to the other without being contradictory. Why? Because I didn't say in the 1st para "I don't want someone unknown" and then go and contradict myself by stating two unknowns in the 3rd. I stated Marvel's potential reasoning, and then my own preference, which are two different things.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #964
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

I really want this to be true. Would be nice to see Janet. It'd also be nice to see Justine Hammer as Crimson Cowl. That'd be very interesting to see.

And wow, is she pretty.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #965
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Personally I hope it's not Janet. I'm hoping for IM3 to stay away from Avengers cameos for the most part and just concentrate on telling the story of this film.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #966
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Might as well throw this here:

Not bad for The Film Devil.
pretty cool, congratulations KF

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #967
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Might as well throw this here:

Not bad for The Film Devil.
Yeah not bad.

Just imagine how successful he could've been if he'd had the foresight to tap into the zeitgeist

Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #968
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

lololol

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #969
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Personally I hope it's not Janet. I'm hoping for IM3 to stay away from Avengers cameos for the most part and just concentrate on telling the story of this film.
It's a shared universe. What's the use of having that if other characters/plots are ignored?

I'm not calling for this to be chapter 1 of the Avengers sequel or anything, but it's not going to hurt the film to have someone like Janet show up (as long as she's a viable part of the story).

Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #970
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It's a shared universe. What's the use of having that if other characters/plots are ignored?

I'm not calling for this to be chapter 1 of the Avengers sequel or anything, but it's not going to hurt the film to have someone like Janet show up (as long as she's a viable part of the story).
Just because you don't have cameos from other Avengers like Captain America or don't introduce new ones doesn't mean Avengers and the other films are ignored. IM3 will likely still make references, but it should still be free to tell its own story in its own world. If you start introducing Avengers then it will detract from that.

We've already been down this road with Black Widow.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #971
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Just because you don't have cameos from other Avengers like Captain America or don't introduce new ones doesn't mean Avengers and the other films are ignored. IM3 will likely still make references, but it should still be free to tell its own story in its own world. If you start introducing Avengers then it will detract from that.

We've already been down this road with Black Widow.
It won't detract from anything if it fits with the story. And you can't tell the IM3 story in its own world. That goes against everything they've built with the MCU.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #972
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

It fitting in with the story is a big ask. Like I said, we've been there with Black Widow in IM2. Not to mention that even a role that 'fits the story' can still detract from the movie. Some might view her as out of place for an Iron Man solo movie.

It doesn't go against "everything they've built with the MCU" to tell an Iron Man story with just Iron Man characters. It isn't the point of the MCU to have heroes making cameos or having supporting roles in other heroes movies just because they can do that.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #973
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

You're right, but wouldn't you agree that not all cameos are "just because?" MCU movies will have small sections of crossovers, and they're better because of it.

Last edited by Crimson King; 11-14-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #974
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I don't think Widow was the problem with IM2 at all..... Whiplash however....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #975
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Yeah, I place far more blame on Whiplash's story.

That being said, I still like the movie. It gets too much flack.