The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #901
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

I hope the Dark Elves come off just as creepy and as threatening as the Immortals came off in 300. You never know. Marvel might be trying to make Thor their 300.

A Worthy Foe - 300
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-15-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #902
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
and on that note..if you remember, when odin was telling that tale, we saw later on that it was during that time Odin took a young Loki. We know thor is the older brother. So we can really say that both Thor and Loki are over 1000 years old in the MCU. I Love that. they haven't just been around for 100, 200 years. They have been around for over 1000 years. And I locve that
Yeah I'd say MCU Thor is somewhere around 1,050-1,100 years old.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #903
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

LOL... *shakes head* Maybe some random guy just showed up decided to go streaking?
Bloody druids!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #904
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah I'd say MCU Thor is somewhere around 1,050-1,100 years old.
From the movie Thor, we know that Loki was born c. AD 965 as that is when Odin found him abandoned on Jotunheim. Thor is a few years older than his brother, probably not more than two or three since they seemed close in age when shown later in childhood. (Assuming that Asgardians age similarly to humans in childhood.) So your age of around 1,050 is right in line with the films' timeline. (I do love it when we're given concrete dates for events in the MCU.)

Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #905
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Bloody druids!
actually, probably the case. LOL. There are two Celtic Musicians listed on IMDB, and she mentioned her friend was an extra, so could be a lot of ancient Earth Druids having a ceremony or celebration on Stonehendge with naked guy leading it, (or being the sacrifice, maybe...).

How that is going to tie in with everything else that happens in Thor 2, who the heck knows. LOL But seems the most likely scenario at the moment.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #906
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
actually, probably the case. LOL. There are two Celtic Musicians listed on IMDB, and she mentioned her friend was an extra, so could be a lot of ancient Earth Druids having a ceremony or celebration on Stonehendge with naked guy leading it, (or being the sacrifice, maybe...).

How that is going to tie in with everything else that happens in Thor 2, who the heck knows. LOL But seems the most likely scenario at the moment.

So Druids sacrifice naked guys, now? What a crime, literally and figuratively.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #907
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I hope the Dark Elves come off just as creepy and as threatening as the Immortals came off in 300. You never know. Marvel might be trying to make Thor their 300.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A Worthy Foe - 300
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If Marvel models Thor on 300, they should stage historically-accurate fights with naked soldiers battling to the death like they did in ancient Greece. Then there would be dozens of naked guys running around on set....

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #908
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
So Druids sacrifice naked guys, now? What a crime, literally and figuratively.
Or maybe it's just a bunch of crazy kids having a druid themed keg party. Either way.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #909
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Malekith kina reminds me of Vaako from Riddick

Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #910
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

I Like the look of Dark elves.

I just hope that they pose greater threat then ice giants (from Thor) and Chitauri (from Avengers.) both were kind of underwhelming opponents.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #911
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
You mean piled up in heaps and heaps of corpses because they suck so bad in combat?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #912
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
If Marvel models Thor on 300, they should stage historically-accurate fights with naked soldiers battling to the death like they did in ancient Greece. Then there would be dozens of naked guys running around on set....
I wasn't going to say anything. . . .but you're right--the 300 clip did suggest a higher proportion of men without at least their shirts.

(Special note to Smashliman: I agree with you that those Immortals look pretty intimidating)

Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #913
elizah72
Side-Kick

Kudos to whimsikalmusing on tumblr for coming up with this comparison to the Dark Elves. LOL

Who knew? Tinky Winky was working for Malekith this entire time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Malekith kina reminds me of Vaako from Riddick

And that picture made me excited for half a second that Karl Urban was going to be in Thor. Then I realized that wasn't the case. DAMN.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #914
elizah72
Side-Kick

Seeing mention on Tumblr that both Eccleston and Hemsworth are on set today. not seeing any pics or more info yet...

Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #915
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I really like the look of the teary dead-eye dark elves. The one odd thing about Malekith is that his chest plate looks exactly like a giant silver pansy, accentuating his manboobs (elfboobs?)

Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #916
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Kudos to whimsikalmusing on tumblr for coming up with this comparison to the Dark Elves. LOL

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Who knew? Tinky Winky was working for Malekith this entire time!

And that picture made me excited for half a second that Karl Urban was going to be in Thor. Then I realized that wasn't the case. DAMN.
lol. You have a point there.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #917
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm guessing March at the earliest for the trailer.

Those dark elves are badASS. Malekith is looking good, too. I think it's a smart design.

WTF with no Kurse pictures? Too CGI?
You know, right NOW I'd be happy with Concept art.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #918
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
I really like the look of the teary dead-eye dark elves. The one odd thing about Malekith is that his chest plate looks exactly like a giant silver pansy, accentuating his manboobs (elfboobs?)
might have cgi applied. They do have the dots applied to his face.

....to every King.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #919
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

He also resembles goblin from Noddy.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #920
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
might have cgi applied. They do have the dots applied to his face.
As some have said, they are likely using CGI to enhance the look.

Reminds me of 2010's a Nightmare on Elm Street

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

They used makeup but, to enhance the burn wounds, used cgi to enchance it and they put tracking dots over the makeup, similar to Malekith in this.

As far the them possible changing the color of the makeup in post.. its kinda unlikely but it has been done before.

For Dragonball Evolution, the makeup for piccolo wasn't green, or at least, as green as fans would have liked.

Point here is, the went and retouched in post and made him much greener.

while its unlikely, they could do the same thing here.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #921
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I was more or less commenting on the pattern on the Chest plate. To ME it looks like it would be glowing and the dots are reference to where shadows would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
As some have said, they are likely using CGI to enhance the look.

Reminds me of 2010's a Nightmare on Elm Street

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

They used makeup but, to enhance the burn wounds, used cgi to enchance it and they put tracking dots over the makeup, similar to Malekith in this.

As far the them possible changing the color of the makeup in post.. its kinda unlikely but it has been done before.

For Dragonball Evolution, the makeup for piccolo wasn't green, or at least, as green as fans would have liked.

Point here is, the went and retouched in post and made him much greener.

while its unlikely, they could do the same thing here.

....to every King.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #922
Rock Sexton
Banned User

LOL .... the comparisons are getting a little out of hand.

I love the way the Dark Elves look. I have visions of them being very guile in their fighting skills from their appearance. Eccleston looks very menacing. Hope he goes full on thick with his accent.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #923
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
and on that note..if you remember, when Odin was telling that tale, we saw later on that it was during that time Odin took a young Loki. We know Thor is the older brother. So we can really say that both Thor and Loki are over 1000 years old in the MCU. I Love that. they haven't just been around for 100, 200 years. They have been around for over 1000 years. And I love that
Well, Thor and Loki look good for being over a thousand years old.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #924
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I was more or less commenting on the pattern on the Chest plate. To ME it looks like it would be glowing and the dots are reference to where shadows would be.

Oh. sorry. lol

Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #925
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Daily Mail has posted some more set pics

I'm liking the ripped in half taxi