Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #751
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: FOX News II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Fox is usually too ridiculous to take seriously, but they had pretty good coverage and were actually fairly aggressive in calling states early on. They slowed down as the President approached 270, and of course Rove lost his mind, but they were still very good and reasonably objective for most of the night.
I didn't watch Fox this time because I knew they wouldn't have Geraldine as one of their guests....I really miss her steady optimism.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #752
chaseter
Bland User

He quickly followed up by saying he meant politically...which is still retarded.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #753
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Lightbulb Re: Discussion: FOX News II

UPDATE: JON STEWART MOCKS FOX NEWS' ELECTION NIGHT MELTDOWN
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092224.html

Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #754
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

The Meltdown was funny enough on it's own, although I knew it would catch Stewart's attention.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #755
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Fox is usually too ridiculous to take seriously, but they had pretty good coverage and were actually fairly aggressive in calling states early on. They slowed down as the President approached 270, and of course Rove lost his mind, but they were still very good and reasonably objective for most of the night.
FOX News is very good about polling and election results. Always have been, and I think people assume they must live in some fact free bubble but the truth is they are a very sophisticated operation, they just pander to an audience on top of it.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #756
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
He quickly followed up by saying he meant politically...which is still retarded.
He's apologised since, but it was still a very stupid thing to say. It never surprises me when a stupid quote is linked to Matthews.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #757
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
UPDATE: JON STEWART MOCKS FOX NEWS' ELECTION NIGHT MELTDOWN
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092224.html
Love it!

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #758
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
FOX News is very good about polling and election results. Always have been, and I think people assume they must live in some fact free bubble but the truth is they are a very sophisticated operation, they just pander to an audience on top of it.
The numbers people are. But the image of Karl Rove and the anchors/contributors so stunned that Obama won that they sent a bemused Megyn Kelly all the way back to challenge them for a glimmer of hope for Romney is a visual metaphor for the insulated bubble Fox News lives in getting popped by reality. And it was hilarious.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #759
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
The numbers people are. But the image of Karl Rove and the anchors/contributors so stunned that Obama won that they sent a bemused Megyn Kelly all the way back to challenge them for a glimmer of hope for Romney is a visual metaphor for the insulated bubble Fox News lives in getting popped by reality. And it was hilarious.
You have to admit, her asking Rove is that was just math he did as a Republican to make himself feel better, was priceless!

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #760
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
What is funny to me is that Rove was in such a denial about the election result, that his Fox News co-hosts were making fun of him and his "math".

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #761
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Gotta wonder if Hannity thinks his 'evolved' views on immigration will bring any new fans? Seems unlikely. What does seem likely, is alienating the few fans he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
You have to admit, her asking Rove is that was just math he did as a Republican to make himself feel better, was priceless!
Yeah, Rove was the only one with sort of disdain for the election outcome. Megyn kelly was openly making fun of him. She did it again the other day when he was all "Obama - first president to be reelected by less than" but she cut him with "but he won karl, why do you keep saying this? he won and it wasnt close".

Fox is underrated.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #762
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Yeah, Rove was the only one with sort of disdain for the election outcome. Megyn kelly was openly making fun of him. She did it again the other day when he was all "Obama - first president to be reelected by less than" but she cut him with "but he won karl, why do you keep saying this? he won and it wasnt close".
I think Karl was upset because he has alot of explaining to do that they lost 2 Senate seats(and this was the year the Democrats had way more seats up then the Republicans when he had 400B trying to push alot of candidates

Beyond that I hate this talking point(which I see many on the right using) about Obama has 9M less votes and Romney has less votes then McCain(because he wasn't conservative enough), simple fact is I did the math and there is roughly 10M uncounted votes left so by time they are all counted Obama will be much closer to 69M votes(although most likely will not break that level) and Romney will definitely be over McCain totals and a decent chance depending on where the votes are he might get more then Bush in 2004.

By the way here is my list of some of the states that have bigger amounts of votes that still need to be count, this doesn't count the many states that have smaller amount(only 18 States including 2 I listed have 96% or more voting returns, 25 states between 90-95 including 6 I listed)

California – 70% (or 3.8-4M more votes)
Washington – 55% (or 1.75M more votes)
New York – 86% (or 900k more votes)
Arizona – 71% (or 650k more votes)
Oregon – 75% (or 500k more votes)
Ohio – 90% (or 500k more votes)
Michigan – 91% (or 400k more votes)
Illinois - 93% (or 350k more votes)
Texas – 96% (or 300k more votes)
Florida – 97% (or 250k more votes)
Colorado – 90% (or 250k more votes)

That's going off my calculations from

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...ction-results/

By time you squeeze 10k out of this state and 25k out of that state or 100k of of that state, etc it will add up fast

Last edited by SV Fan; 11-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #763
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Karl Rove watched the internal polling of the Romney campaign....most of the time the internal polling is more correct than the outside polling, that is why the Obama campaign was sweating, they were getting the same type of numbers as the Romney campaign.

The internal polling will be looked at closely after this election....it was WAAAAAAAAY off.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #764
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Karl Rove watched the internal polling of the Romney campaign....most of the time the internal polling is more correct than the outside polling, that is why the Obama campaign was sweating, they were getting the same type of numbers as the Romney campaign.

The internal polling will be looked at closely after this election....it was WAAAAAAAAY off.
I could be wrong here, but Romney pulled off some questionable moves in the final week of the election to me if the campaign staff assumed he was winning. Now if they knew he needed to swing for the fences to try gain some electoral votes the Jeep AD and making a play for Pennsylvania make sense

Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #765
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:

It was the same reasoning behind behind fox not calling virginia for romney, or florida for obama, despite leading throughout.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #766
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I could be wrong here, but Romney pulled off some questionable moves in the final week of the election to me if the campaign staff assumed he was winning. Now if they knew he needed to swing for the fences to try gain some electoral votes the Jeep AD and making a play for Pennsylvania make sense
The early voting was so huge this time, I don't see that being a problem...what I do see as a problem is the antiquated way we do polling now. Most of it is still done by land lines. Totally outdated....but doing your polling by cell phones costs the campaigns and pollsters more money so they haven't totally changed to that as of yet....they need to...

Polling in this manner leaves out a HUGE DEMOGRAPHIC TODAY..... 18 -- 40 year olds....this age group is just getting its share of the polling....

Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #767
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
The early voting was so huge this time, I don't see that being a problem...what I do see as a problem is the antiquated way we do polling now. Most of it is still done by land lines. Totally outdated....but doing your polling by cell phones costs the campaigns and pollsters more money so they haven't totally changed to that as of yet....they need to...
It should be pointed out the most accurate polling firm this election was(and I will admit the one I put the least stock into all during the election because even I found they skewed a wee bit to much towards the Dems) was PPP who basically does robopolling. lol

Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #768
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It should be pointed out the most accurate polling firm this election was(and I will admit the one I put the least stock into all during the election because even I found they skewed a wee bit to much towards the Dems) was PPP who basically does robopolling. lol
Even with the robopolling it is heavy on people called in the past, and land lines. EVERYONE needs to come into the 21st Century, and bring the 21st Century voter with them....but yes the PPP polling was fairly accurate a good portion of the time. BTW, right now, every poll is skewed toward Democrats.....simply because they are mostly going by registration, and there are more registered Dems than Repubs....just how it is...polling has had that skew from the beginning.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #769
Fading
>:(

I think I may have just heard one of the most stupid things Fox has ever said. Most of the time it's just bias, and politically twisted stupidity. This was just stupid, stupid.

So, I saw a video clip from Fox and Friends. They were talking about the jobs report that talks about all of the jobs lost due to Hurricane Sandy. Fox and Friends goes off on a tangent about how it's convenient that the jobs numbers before the election are good, but the week after they look worse. Saying, their studio is just fine, and they're working. Then, the black haired sports dude says,

"Hurricane's don't cost jobs! What, Sandy came to town and fired you?"

Hurricane's cause damage. Like bulldozing over buildings where people work. No work place = people out of work. Not even counting places still without electricity, who aren't operational yet leading to workers drawing temporary unemployment. Have they even seen Staten Island? It was kinda head palm worthy.

Looking for that video so I could link it here led me to another video. Where Fox and Friends were accusing the NBC Sandy relief fund concert of being an Obama fund raising rally since it didn't have any "conservative performers". Which was more pathetic considering the money raised might help save lives. Fox's stupidity makes my head hurt sometimes.

Last edited by Fading; 11-16-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #770
SV Fan
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #771
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ROTFL!! Rich is my new hero! That was the shortest interview I've seen.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #772
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I'm don't think that went the way they were hoping.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #773
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Ah, critical thought and reasoning. Never gets old.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #774
Siby
Side-Kick

I love it when calm, intelligent people with facts and counter questions for the interviewer really expose the hypocrisy of a biased network or newsman. It's too bad they cut them off so fast instead of having a reasonable discussion about the topic.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #775
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I love rational thought.