The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #201
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
We at the Hype thank you for your dedication to the cause!
haha I suppose it's a good thing

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #202
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right, that's quite a coalition that the baddies have assembled. Does Asgard have any allies?? (Vanaheim fought a war with Asgard, both in the books and in myth, so they're not likely friends.)
yes, so some of these warriors could be people from Vanaheim, maybe come to Asgard to get control. In the myths, they come to a peace agreement also, trading some gods, so they could be allies or not in this.

i'm very curious how they will show, and if they show Light Elves, Alfheim. This could be why they had the casting call for attractive men and women, natural blondes, that those will be the Light Elves. Perhaps with hair died to white or very light (hence why they would want natural blondes, to make that easier)... hope they dont look too much like LOTR elves though. They need to do something different.

Okay, here is what I am thinking at the moment for some of these scenes we've been seeing pictures of, and alluded to...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
these Bourne woods fight scenes are Nornheim or outskirts of Asgard. Things are going nuts either due to the bifrost being gone, or Odin seeming to be less powerful to everyone, sort of a play on Thor's worries at the beginning of Thor 1. or as I theorized in the Loki thread (due to that new interview with Tom), that perhaps there are some who feel that Loki will not be punished properly for his actions and will be out lynch mob style to get their hands on him (and not necessarily to do with Thanos). If the spoiler about the "palace" that was slammed into was a place where Loki is imprisoned, that's a possibility too, or could very well be Karnilla's palace if it's just all general mayhem out there, or maybe that's where he's imprisoned (doubt it but maybe). Either way, I think that stuff will be early on establishing the anger and fighting and general craziness that must be dealt with in the 9 realms.

I think the current fighting pics at Greenwich, are probably on Earth, with Thor fighting Kurse and the Dark Elves and Malekith, but late in the film and probably not where Jane is teaching or whatever. Whatever Jane is doing at the beginning of the story, they could use other sites at the University to show that. They could use still other sites there to show places at Svartalfheim as well. They film scenes all over the place, not in order or even the same locations *in the film*

Anyway, back to the Dark Elves invading Earth. I think there was video a few weeks ago showing people running panicked in a similar looking area as the fights (if not the same site, can't recall), so could be the Dark Elves will be CGI'd in later (although I hope they dont look too similar to Chitauri flying around), also the mention of the abandoned cars and the bus, and the fighting in London, is an indicator that Thor is probably fighting the Dark Elves and Kurse here in London and England. (although where are Sif and the Warriors 3 here? That makes me worry a bit for them) And doesnt Kurse and Thor fight in NY in the comics in one story? So that would be similar to that, but they figured they need to give NY a break.

Edit: ok I see that was Beta Ray Bill, mistaken for Thor, but same general idea.

The fight in Iceland and other scenes, probably related to Valallah, getting to the underworld (my theory is the giant waterfall will be connected to that), and fighting outside on Svartalfheim or another non Earth realm in a late battle. It is interesting though that nothing leaked from that about what these elves look like, so I am wondering instead if it could be an army of the "dishonored dead" that Loki could be leading, although that would seem to send him in a direction I'd really rather not see him go in. However that could bring Hela into it for the possible Alice Krige role. And of course if Loki dies and winds up in Hel, with other dishonored warriors, he doesnt necessarily have to stay dead, since he doesn't do that in comics. Another theory I have is that the report was mistaken and Loki and Thor may actually be on the same side in this big battle. With again, the dishonored dead forming an army and trying to get out and attack the other realms.

Quote:
Niflheim ("Land of Mists") is the realm of ice and cold in Norse mythology, whose frigid environs provide a final resting place for the dishonored dead. Hel, the grim giantess whose rules over the deceased, also makes her home here. This dreary description can be fruitfully contrasted with the glorious atmosphere of camaraderie and revelry awaiting warriors in Valhalla.
Quote:
Before venturing into an exploration of the Norse underworld (as attested to in various mythic sources), it is necessary to acknowledge that these sources are not entirely consistent in their usage of terms. More specifically, the terms Niflheim ("dark world" / "fog world") and Niflhel ("dark hell" / "fog hell") are used interchangeably in various sources, and both are occasionally used to describe the abode of Hel, the queen of the underworld and ruler over the spirits of the dead.
source: http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Niflheim

Hrmmm.... I'm going to go out on a limb (Not!) and say that the "Dark world" is in reference to Niflheim and some of the Iceland scenes are setting for there.

Edit: just adding in the new Tom interview about Thor 2 Tom says while Thor is down on Earth during Avengers "for all intents and purposes Hell broke loose"

http://bcove.me/n5b8dygl

Holy crap!! I might be onto something up here.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #203
elizah72
Side-Kick

HA! as soon as I type up and post all of the above there are more pictures pretty well confirming that the fighting is on Earth. LOL I was posting before that came up, really I was...

Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #204
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
yes, so some of these warriors could be people from Vanaheim, maybe come to Asgard to get control. In the myths, they come to a peace agreement also, trading some gods, so they could be allies or not in this.

i'm very curious how they will show, and if they show Light Elves, Alfheim. This could be why they had the casting call for attractive men and women, natural blondes, that those will be the Light Elves. Perhaps with hair died to white or very light (hence why they would want natural blondes, to make that easier)... hope they dont look too much like LOTR elves though. They need to do something different.

Okay, here is what I am thinking at the moment for some of these scenes we've been seeing pictures of, and alluded to...

these Bourne woods fight scenes are Nornheim or outskirts of Asgard. Things are going nuts either due to the bifrost being gone, or Odin seeming to be less powerful to everyone, sort of a play on Thor's worries at the beginning of Thor 1. or as I theorized in the Loki thread (due to that new interview with Tom), that perhaps there are some who feel that Loki will not be punished properly for his actions and will be out lynch mob style to get their hands on him (and not necessarily to do with Thanos). If the spoiler about the "palace" that was slammed into was a place where Loki is imprisoned, that's a possibility too, or could very well be Karnilla's palace if it's just all general mayhem out there, or maybe that's where he's imprisoned (doubt it but maybe). Either way, I think that stuff will be early on establishing the anger and fighting and general craziness that must be dealt with in the 9 realms.

I think the current fighting pics at Greenwich, are probably on Earth, with Thor fighting Kurse and the Dark Elves and Malekith, but late in the film and probably not where Jane is teaching or whatever. Whatever Jane is doing at the beginning of the story, they could use other sites at the University to show that. They could use still other sites there to show places at Svartalfheim as well. They film scenes all over the place, not in order or even the same locations *in the film*

Anyway, back to the Dark Elves invading Earth. I think there was video a few weeks ago showing people running panicked in a similar looking area as the fights (if not the same site, can't recall), so could be the Dark Elves will be CGI'd in later (although I hope they dont look too similar to Chitauri flying around), also the mention of the abandoned cars and the bus, and the fighting in London, is an indicator that Thor is probably fighting the Dark Elves and Kurse here in London and England. (although where are Sif and the Warriors 3 here? That makes me worry a bit for them) And doesnt Kurse and Thor fight in NY in the comics in one story? So that would be similar to that, but they figured they need to give NY a break.

Edit: ok I see that was Beta Ray Bill, mistaken for Thor, but same general idea.

The fight in Iceland and other scenes, probably related to Valallah, getting to the underworld (my theory is the giant waterfall will be connected to that), and fighting outside on Svartalfheim or another non Earth realm in a late battle. It is interesting though that nothing leaked from that about what these elves look like, so I am wondering instead if it could be an army of the "dishonored dead" that Loki could be leading, although that would seem to send him in a direction I'd really rather not see him go in. However that could bring Hela into it for the possible Alice Krige role. And of course if Loki dies and winds up in Hel, with other dishonored warriors, he doesnt necessarily have to stay dead, since he doesn't do that in comics. Another theory I have is that the report was mistaken and Loki and Thor may actually be on the same side in this big battle. With again, the dishonored dead forming an army and trying to get out and attack the other realms.

Hrmmm.... I'm going to go out on a limb (Not!) and say that the "Dark world" is in reference to Niflheim and some of the Iceland scenes are setting for there.

Edit: just adding in the new Tom interview about Thor 2 Tom says while Thor is down on Earth during Avengers "for all intents and purposes Hell broke loose"

You might be right that there's actually at least two different settings in these scenes --- one, a straightforward London invasion by Malekith and his Elves; and another setting being used for Svartalfheim itself (maybe for those shots, they're using a darker lens filter and angling the shots to show just the dirt/debris/ruins instead of the college itself).

I think the London sets may take place early in the movie, though, with this being the "Lorelei" sequence from Simonson's Twilight Sword saga (with Jane Foster obviously subbing for Lorelei as the damsel-in-distress that Malekith grabs).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #205
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

And I'm just going to make the guess also, that it may not be a stretch that those bad guys attacking in the Bourne Woods fight scenes, could possibly be part of...

an army of dishonored dead that have "broke loose" from Hel

and I'm also seriously considering that there may have been a mistaken report about what side Loki was on in those Iceland fights, and he may actually be fighting with Thor to send that army back to Niflheim, as part of his penance for the wrongs he's done. (as I speculated a bit ago in the Loki thread). People could easily have assumed that Loki and Thor were there, and 2 armies there, so they must be fighting against each other, but that view really doesnt put Loki in the direction that I honestly think he's going to be going in for this and future films.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #206
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think the London sets may take place early in the movie, though, with this being the "Lorelei" sequence from Simonson's Twilight Sword saga (with Jane Foster obviously subbing for Lorelei as the damsel-in-distress that Malekith grabs).
I also think the London sets occur early in the movie. I'll be annoyed if they go with the cliche of Jane as the damsel-in-distress, though. Boooooring.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #207
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I also think the London sets occur early in the movie. I'll be annoyed if they go with the cliche of Jane as the damsel-in-distress, though. Boooooring.
I agree but that is similar to the comics so they may use that element of her getting kidnapped at some point.

also it could certainly be more than one clash that Thor has with Malekith and the elves so this may not necessarily be a final battle for anyone concerned, but I'd guess probably a ways into the film though since Thor seems to be fighting alone (for now anyway, wasn't Odin's trailer spotted there too?). He seems to be fighting Malekith quite a bit here now, so maybe some of this coming up the next week or so is where Malekith gets desperate and somehow turns Algrim into Kurse to get away from Thor himself. will have to wait and see if Adewale shows up for any filming the next couple weeks.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #208
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
And I'm just going to make the guess also, that it may not be a stretch that those bad guys attacking in the Bourne Woods fight scenes, could possibly be part of...

an army of dishonored dead that have "broke loose" from Hel

and I'm also seriously considering that there may have been a mistaken report about what side Loki was on in those Iceland fights, and he may actually be fighting with Thor to send that army back to Niflheim, as part of his penance for the wrongs he's done. (as I speculated a bit ago in the Loki thread). People could easily have assumed that Loki and Thor were there, and 2 armies there, so they must be fighting against each other, but that view really doesnt put Loki in the direction that I honestly think he's going to be going in for this and future films.
I still think the Marauders are simply mercs from all the nine realms/other worlds, and they're in the employ of Thanos, who's raiding Asgard looking for Loki.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #209
elizah72
Side-Kick

That's one scenario. However I think the word Marauder is being thrown around as a general term here, probably started by extras who weren't really told much about what they were fighting about or who they were and making general assumptions, and now everyone is running with it. That includes the one guy listed on IMDB (which is not always 100 percent accurate)

Also I seem to recall conversations here not long ago where people were very insistent that Thanos would not go to that much trouble to get his hands on Loki (we were considering the possibility of him showing up at the end as part of the after credits scene and grabbing Loki then). I do think it seems rather unlikely he'd send a large force to go collect Loki like this, I think Thanos figures he will get him when he gets him, or he may have other plans for him, or he may be too concerned with other plans to "court death" to bother. Plus this film will be about the 9 realms and Thanos and the Chitauri appear to be outside of that from what I can tell.

also I've seen referenced a notice from Shepperton studios when filming in Bourne, saying it would be about 300 extras and a "battle between two kingdoms ensuing before the God of Thunder himself, Thor arrives and saves the day.”

and that would again, point to "kingdoms" which I really dont think a random group of marauders hired by Thanos could possibly be considered a "kingdom". However Nornheim, Vanaheim, and even Niflheim could all certainly be considered kingdoms. And the fact that Thor has to come in with his Asgardian buddies to try to break up this fight between two kingdoms, would pretty clearly indicate that it is likely Nornheim vs Vanaheim or vs Niflheim and not Asgard vs anybody to start with (just to finish it). of course the studio notice might be misleading but I would tend to assume it's correct and take the clues from that.

also found on another site, it says someone got offered the part of a leader of a "marauder army" due to his ginger beard. now again, the word marauder being thrown around as a general term more than likely. and I would question why would he have to have a ginger beard, unless, he is meant to look like either Vanir or possibly Asgardian? Certainly wouldnt need that for a random marauder....

Last edited by elizah72; 11-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #210
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

also I've seen referenced a notice from Shepperton studios when filming in Bourne, saying it would be about 300 extras and a "battle between two kingdoms ensuing before the God of Thunder himself, Thor arrives and saves the day.

and that would again, point to "kingdoms" which I really dont think a random group of marauders hired by Thanos could possibly be considered a "kingdom". However Nornheim, Vanaheim, and even Niflheim could all certainly be considered kingdoms. And the fact that Thor has to come in with his Asgardian buddies to try to break up this fight between two kingdoms, would pretty clearly indicate that it is likely Nornheim vs Vanaheim or vs Niflheim and not Asgard vs anybody to start with (just to finish it). of course the studio notice might be misleading but I would tend to assume it's correct and take the clues from that.

also found on another site, it says someone got offered the part of a leader of a "marauder army" due to his ginger beard. now again, the word marauder being thrown around as a general term more than likely. and I would question why would he have to have a ginger beard, unless, he is meant to look like either Vanir or possibly Asgardian? Certainly wouldnt need that for a random marauder....
Well, Nornheim is part of Asgard. So if Vanaheim attacked Nornheim, I suppose that Odin and Co. would regard it as an attack on Asgard itself. So it wouldn't be the Warriors 3 et al. mediating as a more or less neutral party, but as combatants on one side.

But I do like the idea of the Vanir being part of the attacks.

I also like a lot of the elements in the great big spoiler button you have further up. It may not go that way; there's a lot of information we don't know. But it's plausible.

So much fun to think about!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #211
elizah72
Side-Kick

In the deleted scene a battle in Nornheim is referred to and Loki has to veil them in smoke to ease their escape, so that would indicate a combative relationship with those in Nornheim despite being part of Asgard.

also, see this: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nornheim

Quote:
Although Nornheim lies on the Asgardian land mass within Asgard's own dimension, and although Karnilla is apparently of the Asgardian race, she does not consider herself to be subject to Asgardian rule. Rather, Nornheim is an independent country, of which Karnilla is absolute monarch.

Karnilla lives opulently in the ancient fastness of Nornkeep, attended by her servant, the aged minor sorceress Haag, and troops of guardian demons. Although there are many demons among her subjects, Karnilla's realm is also populated by humanoid immortals, just as is Asgard proper.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #212
American Maid
Side-Kick

Well, okay, fair enough. But I still think the Asgardians will tend to be on high alert if someone is attacking Nornheim.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #213
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, okay, fair enough. But I still think the Asgardians will tend to be on high alert if someone is attacking Nornheim.
Agreed. That's their backyard basically.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #214
Zinc Saucier
Essence of Pure Flavor

About Nornheim, something that's bugged me is in the first film after Thor falls to Earth he starts asking where he is and names off Alfheim and Nornheim. Now why would he think he might be on Nornheim after going through the Bifrost if Nornheim is part of Asgard? Unless maybe it's not in the MCU. I can't remember if he names it in the scene where he explains the Nine Realms to Jane too, but it still seems to imply it's a separate planet.

Zinc Saucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #215
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
About Nornheim, something that's bugged me is in the first film after Thor falls to Earth he starts asking where he is and names off Alfheim and Nornheim. Now why would he think he might be on Nornheim after going through the Bifrost if Nornheim is part of Asgard? Unless maybe it's not in the MCU. I can't remember if he names it in the scene where he explains the Nine Realms to Jane too, but it still seems to imply it's a separate planet.
I think it's an "oops" on the part of the script writers. Nornheim is listed as a province of Asgard on the Marvel website too. On the other hand, maybe they were trying to convey that he was a little disoriented.

He doesn't name Nornheim in the "Nine Realms" scene. He names Midgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Jotunheim, and Asgard. (which of course leaves out Svartalfheim, Hel, Mispelheim, and Nidavellir).

Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #216
Zinc Saucier
Essence of Pure Flavor

It's possible it was just a mistake. But then Alfheim, Vanaheim and Nidavellir are all part of the Asgardian landmass in the comics as well. I honestly don't understand how they decide which provinces are considered part of the Nine Realms and which aren't. But anyway, I just feel like they're going to change this in the films making all the realms actual separate planets, possibly making Nornheim one of them as well. And maybe removing Hel since it can't really be a planet.

Zinc Saucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #217
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's possible it was just a mistake. But then Alfheim, Vanaheim and Nidavellir are all part of the Asgardian landmass in the comics as well. I honestly don't understand how they decide which provinces are considered part of the Nine Realms and which aren't. But anyway, I just feel like they're going to change this in the films making all the realms actual separate planets, possibly making Nornheim one of them as well. And maybe removing Hel since it can't really be a planet.
I wish I could find a jpg of the notebook with the "hamburgers" as AM calls them but I think from that Alfheim, Vanaheim and Nidavellir and Asgard are separate worlds not on the same asteroid. Nornheim is still probably part of Asgard.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #218
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
He didn't say "Nornheim" in that quote when he first arrives on Earth; he said "Niflheim." Which is definitely a separate plane, or world.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #219
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

I hope they show something of Kurse soon.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-16-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #220
elizah72
Side-Kick

Boy talk about being on the same wavelength at the same time, LOL but some good thoughts/points here, in regards to who the Asgardians are actually fighting in this article...

WARNING! Spoilery speculation within link!

http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.bl...of-surtur.html

In particular check out the picture of Hela's army.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #221
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
FWIW, I checked the Marvel website when I compiled the list of the realms that Thor doesn't mention (and played the clip to transcribe the ones he does.)

It may be that at some point in writing the books, they were casual about what names were realms and what names were provinces. It's now mostly (though not completely) aligned with myth.

Quote:
He didn't say "Nornheim" in that quote when he first arrives on Earth; he said "Niflheim." Which is definitely a separate plane, or world.
FWIW, the on-line script reads "Nornheim". It kind of sounds that way in the clip, too.

So how many realms do we think we will see Kurse in?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #222
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

So how many realms do we think we will see Kurse in?
LOL. I reall want to discuss that link I just posted and more about who the army is but I think I will start up a new thread in a little while for it. I feel like we're getting too off topic in this thread which is about Kurse. I've got soooo many thoughts on how things could fit together as a whole, but it's getting confusing with the discussion all in different threads.

I think we'll see Kurse on Midgard, and that may be it. I think the thing Adewale tweeted about...
scenes with Renee and Anthony, may be as Algrim, and also, could possibly be a backstory scene showing how Malekith wound up looking as he does.

also Adewale tweeted last week I think about another hard week as Kurse, so I think all his stuff as Kurse will be motion capture and we probably won't see him until a trailer. what I'm waiting for the next week or so is to possibly see Adewale made up as Algrim and looking like all the other elves (but I assume much bigger)

and jaqua99 will be happy to know that I am currently coming around to the idea that Loki will not be the one to do Malekith in and instead Thor or more likely Kurse as he does in the comics (IF Malekith even dies at the end of Thor 2 which we dont know for sure yet). I still feel really strongly on the why i think that could happen, and I'm still hoping for some magical LokixMalekith fighting at some point but recent factors are making me think that it may go more closely along the lines of the comics than I thought (though it would be nice if they'd surprise the comic book fans with some new twists! I hope they do in some other areas!) So save this message since you and I agreeing on something doesn't happen often.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #223
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm thinking now we won't see Kurse in any set pics.
Because he'll be all CG.
That would make sense, if they're going canon with his look --- he might wind up being Hulk-sized after all.

Triple A filmed those scenes with Odin and Frigga, presumably looking something like what we've seen in the Malekith and Company pics, since Algrim is just another Dark Elf; but I'm beginning to suspect we won't see any images of Kurse until post, where he'll show up as a CG construct.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #224
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because he'll be all CG.
That would make sense, if they're going canon with his look --- he might wind up being Hulk-sized after all.

Triple A filmed those scenes with Odin and Frigga, presumably looking something like what we've seen in the Malekith and Company pics, since Algrim is just another Dark Elf; but I'm beginning to suspect we won't see any images of Kurse until post, where he'll show up as a CG construct.
More's the pity.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #225
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I still think the Marauders are simply mercs from all the nine realms/other worlds, and they're in the employ of Thanos, who's raiding Asgard looking for Loki.
That's what I think.

Quote:
Boy talk about being on the same wavelength at the same time, LOL but some good thoughts/points here, in regards to who the Asgardians are actually fighting in this article...

WARNING! Spoilery speculation within link!

http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.bl...of-surtur.html

In particular check out the picture of Hela's army.
I like it. I think that is a legitimate possiblity as well. Could be Hela's army, could be Thanos' army. I don't see Surtur having an army that consists of anything else besides demons though

Quote:
LOL. I reall want to discuss that link I just posted and more about who the army is but I think I will start up a new thread in a little while for it. I feel like we're getting too off topic in this thread which is about Kurse. I've got soooo many thoughts on how things could fit together as a whole, but it's getting confusing with the discussion all in different threads.

I think we'll see Kurse on Midgard, and that may be it. I think the thing Adewale tweeted about...
scenes with Renee and Anthony, may be as Algrim, and also, could possibly be a backstory scene showing how Malekith wound up looking as he does.

also Adewale tweeted last week I think about another hard week as Kurse, so I think all his stuff as Kurse will be motion capture and we probably won't see him until a trailer. what I'm waiting for the next week or so is to possibly see Adewale made up as Algrim and looking like all the other elves (but I assume much bigger)

and jaqua99 will be happy to know that I am currently coming around to the idea that Loki will not be the one to do Malekith in and instead Thor or more likely Kurse as he does in the comics (IF Malekith even dies at the end of Thor 2 which we dont know for sure yet). I still feel really strongly on the why i think that could happen, and I'm still hoping for some magical LokixMalekith fighting at some point but recent factors are making me think that it may go more closely along the lines of the comics than I thought (though it would be nice if they'd surprise the comic book fans with some new twists! I hope they do in some other areas!) So save this message since you and I agreeing on something doesn't happen often.
You should go ahead and make the thread. It is tough to say, I actually am now 60/40 to hela/thanos. It may be my bias though, cause although thanos is my favorite villain, I'd prefer if this stays thor orriented.

hahaa I know, this is two agreements in two days!

Quote:
Because he'll be all CG.

Which kind of sucks, cause we probably won't get kurse till a trailer then? :/ I expect him to be big as well. That guy we were speculating, there were others who looked like him, so it is pretty safe to say that he wasn't algrim/kurse