The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing there are a lot of car insurance companies that will not cover destruction by Demigods. Lol

Surfer
I'm pretty sure Farmers covers that.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

I work in insurance
Acts of God are usually covered
But damage from Thor's battle would probably be classified terrorism or military action, so they probably wouldn't cover it
But if mjolnir landed on your car, you'd be totally fine

lol, sorry

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #28
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I work in insurance
But damage from Thor's battle would probably be classified terrorism or military action, so they probably wouldn't cover it

lol, sorry
what about the lightning damage? haha

Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
There is always a Marvel movie to tie you over till the next one drops. Also each heroes' individual fan bases can enjoy each others movies because they might hint at something larger that effects there own favorite movie franchise. So Cap fans have a reason to go see Iron man 3 (Mandarin tattoo). Thor fans have a reason to go see Iron man 3 (Thor:TDW Trailer). Iron man fans will watch Thor:TDW and CA:TWS as lead ups to the Avengers 2. Cap fans will watch Thor:TDW for the CA:TWS Trailer. Hopefully it all comes full circle with all three fan bases going to watch GOTG to see how it sets up The Avengers 2.
Well I also think a big draw for the General Public with Guardians of the Galaxy would be people wanting to learn more about Thanos (which I am not sure if he is just rumored at this point or confirmed), but if he is in Guardians, the Avengers has already peeked peoples interest on the character and I think people will want to learn more about him before going into Avengers 2. Not to mention that since all of the stories are now somewhat connected through Avengers it is a natural reaction for people to want to see the whole tree rather then just one branch of it. I mean it is kind of like a puzzle being put together where people will naturally want to fill in the missing pieces, and most people would not consider a puzzle complete until every last one is put in place. It is quite genius that Marvel has decided to create this crossover universe and I think it strengthens future Movies for even lesser known characters because people hear Marvel and now they just want to know how it ties together.

Well that is how I see it at least.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #30
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
what about the lightning damage? haha
hehe, as long as it looks accidental, s'all good, you could just play it off as a regular lightning strike

Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
American Maid
Side-Kick

These pictures are *fantastic*, marvel_freshman! Thanks so much for posting them!!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I work in insurance

lol, sorry
Well my insurance company would probably tell me we said acts of god not acts of demigods. Then I would have to tell them don't make me have Thor come over and whup your @$$. Just kidding though, my insurance has actually been pretty good and covered a few things that I wasn't sure they would, so you are probably right.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Wow more at http://danmumford.com/

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #34
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Guy has a captain america jacket

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #35
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I was just about to say that. Lol

Does anyone know if that is the director, or perhaps someone that also worked on Captain America the First Avenger?

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #36
Surfer

Here is a link for the only video that has really been up today from what I can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FkNyEY8rY

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #37
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'm tired of being disappointed BigThor.
Although they HAVE gotten a ton right when it comes to his powers. Thor channeling the lightning on the tower in the avengers was great
That was just the lightning bouncing off the building, the building didn't really charge it or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I freakin' love it. We talked about the Malekith block yesterday and it would appear he's actually able to repel Thor's hammer attack with his forearm guards.
idk, Malekith shouldn't be that physically opposing

Quote:
Well I also think a big draw for the General Public with Guardians of the Galaxy would be people wanting to learn more about Thanos (which I am not sure if he is just rumored at this point or confirmed), but if he is in Guardians, the Avengers has already peeked peoples interest on the character and I think people will want to learn more about him before going into Avengers 2. Not to mention that since all of the stories are now somewhat connected through Avengers it is a natural reaction for people to want to see the whole tree rather then just one branch of it. I mean it is kind of like a puzzle being put together where people will naturally want to fill in the missing pieces, and most people would not consider a puzzle complete until every last one is put in place. It is quite genius that Marvel has decided to create this crossover universe and I think it strengthens future Movies for even lesser known characters because people hear Marvel and now they just want to know how it ties together.

Well that is how I see it at least.

Surfer
Thanos is confirmed. But yeah, it will be a way to link him into that.

Quote:
Here is a link for the only video that has really been up today from what I can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FkNyEY8rY

Surfer
Beatin up elves. I like it

Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Quote:
I was just about to say that. Lol

Does anyone know if that is the director, or perhaps someone that also worked on Captain America the First Avenger?

Surfer
Captain America the First Avenger filmed in the UK so some of the crew is probably the same.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #39
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Damn near perfect vid of the fight
http://blip.tv/splashnewstv/exclusiv...don-uk-6441195

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #40
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That was just the lightning bouncing off the building, the building didn't really charge it or anything

idk, Malekith shouldn't be that physically opposing

Thanos is confirmed. But yeah, it will be a way to link him into that.

Beatin up elves. I like it
Who's not to say his armor isn't enchanted and there where mystical elements involved in him repelling Mjolnir. Sort of in the why that the properties of Caps shield allow it repelled Mjolnir in the Avengers. he might have even summoned a force shield or field. Look at the red light flashing in the video below from marvel freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
You can tell that there is gonna be a lot of magic helping Malekith block that hit and fight Thor. You can tell by the red flashes. So he may have augmented defenses (energy shields) and augmented offences (focused energy into attacks).

I love when Malekith puches Mjolnir and Thor's arm flails backwards uncontrollably.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-16-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #41
Surfer

Quote:

Awesome video, nice and close up. Thanks for sharing marvel_freshman!

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #42
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
In other news the Thor 2 film crew have created an artificial sun on set at Greenwich. #Thor2

Also found more pics

Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #43
Surfer

Quote:
Who's not to say his armor isn't enchanted and there where mystical elements involved in him repelling Mjolnir. Sort of in the why that the properties of Caps shield allow it repelled Mjolnir in the Avengers.
Or perhaps he has used his magic to create some sort of force field that appears at the last minute right in front of the armor of his crossed forearms, and if you look at the latest video marvel_freshman provided you will see a flash of light afterwards, which I am pretty sure signifies that he will be using some type of magical power to propel Thor back like a miniature explosive force. This film is really shaping up.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #44
Surfer

Quote:

Also found more pics

An artificial Sun was created on the set, that's just crazy.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Or perhaps he has used his magic to create some sort of force field that appears at the last minute right in front of the armor of his crossed forearms, and if you look at the latest video marvel_freshman provided you will see a flash of light afterwards, which I am pretty sure signifies that he will be using some type of magical power to propel Thor back like a miniature explosive force. This film is really shaping up.

Surfer
lol read my original. Added to it before you posted yours.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

One more

Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
Surfer

It would be really crazy if the Artificial Sun was at night and if they made it like a portal to Muspelheim and in the movie version of the comics Malekith is calling on Surtur for Ragnarok. The only problem I would have with it is the whole portal thing has been done just recently with the Avengers and it might just start feeling like a replay of the same movie essentially (portal / earth invasion). So, in my opinion it is to soon for them to have things be that similar and they need to do more to seperate themselves as individual movies with different types of battles. But, I guess we will see.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #48
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
It would be really crazy if the Artificial Sun was at night and if they made it like a portal to Muspelheim and in the movie version of the comics Malekith is calling on Surtur for Ragnarok. The only problem I would have with it is the whole portal thing has been done just recently with the Avengers and it might just start feeling like a replay of the same movie essentially (portal / earth invasion). So, in my opinion it is to soon for them to have things be that similar and they need to do more to seperate themselves as individual movies with different types of battles. But, I guess we will see.

Surfer
It wouldn't mater so long as preventing the opening of the portal isn't the main plot point of the movie. Any way if Thor is going to all 9 realms the will be a lot of portal openings.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #49
Surfer

Quote:
lol read my original. Added to it before you posted yours.

It's all good, I was essentially agreeing with your original comment anyways just adding to it.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #50
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

That is pretty extravagant a thing to do, creating an artificial sun, just to roast marshmellows.

"And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word..."
Mark:18

- So, who wants to volunteer for martyrdom?
Closed Thread