The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #76
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
Wasn't it rumored Jane was to be possessed by some sort of Dark Elves spirit? That sounds eerily possible even more so now with Malekith and Jane being in the same place.
I think the exact characterization was "Thor becomes reunited with Jane who becomes possessed by a Dark Spirit, which is connected with the Dark Elves"

So not necessarily a Dark Elf him/herself, but affiliated with them.

Also, the general thinking is that the spoilers concern things that happen early in the film. So if these scenes with Malekith and/or Jane (haven't seen them all together yet) are set early in the film, then I agree it's quite possible. If these scenes are set late in the film, maybe less likely.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #77
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Wasn't it rumored Jane was to be possessed by some sort of Dark Elves spirit? That sounds eerily possible even more so now with Malekith and Jane being in the same place.
First I heard about that, but, I guess some Dark Elf magik would do that.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #78
Godzilla2000
Cosmic Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
lol Sam's club Famliy size is more than enough, butt better be safe than sorry I guess. lol
*Phew* Thank the nine realms you didn't go with anything more potent...

On the bright side even if you've only been married to someone almost a year before getting a divorce that's still longer than Kim Kardashian's previous marriage.

"There are no strings on me." - Ultron, Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #79
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Was that "artificial sun" pic for real, or just a bad exposure and the guy who posted it just joking around....???
I was wondering the same thing. The picture does look like it has a pole going up on the one side which I suppose could be attached to some sort of huge powerful light, but it seems unlikely as it is not centralized and would most likely tip over unless I am missing something. But you never know.

Quote:
SURTUR I'm hoping. lol
Yeah, I had mentioned that earlier as in a portal to Muspelheim with Surtur being the danger of causing Ragnarok, but as I said earlier the only problem I have with that is the whole closing the portal before the world is destroyed thing has been done in the Avengers, so I don't want it to seem like the same threat and solution two times in a row. If it was several years later and several Marvel movies between the this title and Avengers then great, but it just seems too redundant to me this soon after Avengers release, so hopefully they will come up with something else.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #80
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think the exact characterization was "Thor becomes reunited with Jane who becomes possessed by a Dark Spirit, which is connected with the Dark Elves"

So not necessarily a Dark Elf him/herself, but affiliated with them.

Also, the general thinking is that the spoilers concern things that happen early in the film. So if these scenes with Malekith and/or Jane (haven't seen them all together yet) are set early in the film, then I agree it's quite possible. If these scenes are set late in the film, maybe less likely.
I would think what they are filming now is early on which explains why Loki isn't involved and why it is a more open set. No way to know it for sure but it's an awfully big coincidence that Malekith is on Earth where we know Jane is so they very well could cross paths.

I also think whatever they filmed in Iceland (?) is the finale which is why there are no pictures of it. lol

Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #81
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I would think what they are filming now is early on which explains why Loki isn't involved and why it is a more open set. No way to know it for sure but it's an awfully big coincidence that Malekith is on Earth where we know Jane is so they very well could cross paths.

I also think whatever they filmed in Iceland (?) is the finale which is why there are no pictures of it. lol
What they filmmed in Iceland might not be in any order for the movie. It could just be they filmmed there first because daylight gets to be LESS this time of year.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #82
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
What they filmmed in Iceland might not be in any order for the movie. It could just be they filmmed there first because daylight gets to be LESS this time of year.
Also, Andrew Lawden (the stuntman who gave the interview with the spoilers) said that some of the buildings in the UK were being used as settings for Svartalfheim.

That said, what they are filming now likely *is* early in the film.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #83
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:

It could be a lighting issue or a seclusion issue or both. Loki being there tells me it is probably the finale but it could just as easily be the beginning or the middle. Fun to speculate.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #84
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
It could be a lighting issue or a seclusion issue or both. Loki being there tells me it is probably the finale but it could just as easily be the beginning or the middle. Fun to speculate.
It is indeed!!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Something was wrong with the Daily Motion vid, so I re-uploaded to Youtube. Quick scene with Malekith

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, this bus has been on the set ever since they first filmed at Greenwich last month. Someone on Tumblr did a little investigating on its advert.
Quote:
Just a London bus, right? But what about the advert?

Moral Sacrifice? In cinemas now?

A quick google search shows that there’s no film by that name, and definitely none in cinemas now. Plus, no trailers or any promotional material for it on youtube.

Oh, but there’s an actor’s name on the top of it, so it must be legit! What’s the name? Oliver Goodier. I was disheartened to see that he actually has an IMDB account… But then clicked on it to discover that he’s the art director for Thor 2! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1049859/

Coincidence? I think not!

So, what exactly is a moral sacrifice and what does it have to do with the movie?

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 11-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #86
steintym
Stay Frosty

I love seeing these raw, behind-the-scenes stuff and then seeing the finished product in the final film. I think it's so cool seeing "movie magic".

Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #87
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

Also, this bus has been on the set ever since they first filmed at Greenwich last month. Someone on Tumblr did a little investigating on its advert.
Quote:
Just a London bus, right? But what about the advert?

Moral Sacrifice? In cinemas now?

A quick google search shows that there’s no film by that name, and definitely none in cinemas now. Plus, no trailers or any promotional material for it on youtube.

Oh, but there’s an actor’s name on the top of it, so it must be legit! What’s the name? Oliver Goodier. I was disheartened to see that he actually has an IMDB account… But then clicked on it to discover that he’s the art director for Thor 2! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1049859/

Coincidence? I think not!

So, what exactly is a moral sacrifice and what does it have to do with the movie?
Hey! We started discussing that exact subject in the Thor / Chris Hemsworth thread yesterday actually (page 11). We could also discuss this in the new Plot Spoiler Speculation Thread I put up today, instead, if anyone is interested.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #88
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Check this out if I am not too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPibv-UvtAI

Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #89
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
It has me stoked to see all this in the theaters in a few months. It looks like it's going to be a pretty badass fight, might vs. magic and I predict Thor might be on the losing end of that fight considering his inexperience in magic.
What the hell, he fights Loki and stomps him on a regular basis so Thor has never been one to crumble before magic. Besides, we all know Kurse is going to give Thor a beating so it doesn't make sense for him to be beaten TWICE.

He's the "Mighty Thor" not a highschool geek, he's suppose to hand out far more ass whoppings than he recieves.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #90
BoredGuy
Killing Time

It'd be cool if that movie ad on the bus had a bunch of tiny easter eggs.

Like instead of the lead star being "Oliver Goode" it should be "Olivier Coipel", the director could be "Jack Kirby"

or hell, the director could be "Ken Branagh" and I'd laugh my ass off

Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #91
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Malekith is going head to head with Thor. That's intense. Why does he need kurse then?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #92
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Malekith is going head to head with Thor. That's intense. Why does he need kurse then?
I was beginning to wonder that myself. LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #93
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I was beginning to wonder that myself. LOL
Not me .... the more fights the better.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #94
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Can't argue that

Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #95
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
He doesn't need Kurse. He *betrayed* Algrim and murdered him....or at least so he thought. Instead, Algrim was rescued and transformed into Kurse by The Beyonder, who used him to fight Thor (Kurse was amnesiac for awhile, and Beyonder was able to convince him that Thor had been the one who tried to kill him instead of Malekith).

Malekith will use Algrim. But not Kurse. Kurse will ultimately regain his memory and kill Malekith.

If we follow the comics, anyway.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #96
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Why would kurse hate Thor then?
Considering the beyonder won't be in this film

Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #97
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Something was wrong with the Daily Motion vid, so I re-uploaded to Youtube. Quick scene with Malekith

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Bright flash of light that we see in this video, I wonder if it is the artificial Sun that was mentioned earlier. Maybe they had the light on for a while this morning so the guy thought it was an Artificial Sun, but in reality they only planned to use it for a bright flash of power. Just speculating of course though.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #98
Surfer

Quote:
Why would kurse hate Thor then?
Considering the beyonder won't be in this film
OMG, maybe the bright flash of light is the Beyonder. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #99
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Lol that's who it is. What a twist. Leading to..... Secret wars

Old 11-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #100
Surfer

Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet Vs. pre retconed Beyonder for the win. Lol

Surfer

Closed Thread