The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I just realized I should ask you for clarification. When you say "moral sacrifice", it sounds like you mean allowing someone to perish through inaction or neglect. Is that right?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I did a little Googling and found the phrase to mean slightly different things to different people. But it tended to mean "justified killing" or "justified murder". So the sacrifice concerns somebody actively slaying someone under very specific circumstances.

By contrast, it sounds like what you are describing is someone dying due to someone else's inaction. Is that what you are referring to by a "moral sacrifice"?
Yes, It could mean either, I believe, but I am thinking more sacrificing your morals for the greater good. for instance allowing 1 person to suffer or die, in order to save many from the same fate, even though you feel it is morally wrong to stand by and let even one person die under any circumstances.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote