The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #26
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Default Re: Confused About Nick Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Conveniently off the radar so that they can push this Samuel L Jackson version.....to satisfy the Marvel movie crowd.

Not good enuff that he's a star in the Ultimate Comics Line. Will we find out later that the Ultimate Fury has a "white" son with an eye patch, too?

This all just seems unnecessary and very contrived....that's all.

It's called pandering. Unfortunately Marvel has the need to **** up and convult things beyond belief for the people who probably won't even buy them after a couple issues. Meanwhile, the rest of us loyal fans have to sit there and sort through their epic messes.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
Aesculapius
Side-Kick

I'm just amazed that Marvel took the time to actually write a story for replacing classic Nik with Samuel L. Nik. They could have saved themselves the half-assed story by calling it a style change and giving us the usual "this is what the comic industry needs" bull.

Aesculapius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #28
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
It's called pandering. Unfortunately Marvel has the need to **** up and convult things beyond belief for the people who probably won't even buy them after a couple issues. Meanwhile, the rest of us loyal fans have to sit there and sort through their epic messes.
Seems like both big companies are doing that at the expense of long time loyal fans.......IMO DC is a bigger offender at the moment.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #29
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
..and the LMD Fury was a huge part of Secret Avengers..his quick death after being hyped up since the books start smacked of being rushed. (and poor planning) ..and to tell you the truth I actually found LMD Fury interesting. He gets whacked and I'm like "crap there was no plan" (which i actually thought on the arc before when i was like I doubt this was the plan"

Have him disappear from comics for a year or so..and at least portray the new Fury as what he is...a new guy who probably shouldnt act as confident as he is.

Make it a new character and not a retcon. Right now its a new char who is masquerading as a retcon.
Why shouldn't he be confident? He's a decorated Army Ranger who foiled a powerful supervillain's very personal plot against him his first time out, with the help of Coulson and the original Fury. It'd be kind of awkward for him to do that and then wind up being really meek and sheepish afterward.

And yeah, Max Fury went out kind of lame. But I can't really fault the movies for that. Of course there was no plan; Max Fury was Brubaker's villain, not Remender's, and Remender understandably wants to focus on his own rather than cleaning up the mess Brubaker left. That's the nature of shifting creative teams in comics.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
Shazam
Side-Kick

A Jamie Foxx style Electro when Spidey 2 hits......???

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #31
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Why shouldn't he be confident? He's a decorated Army Ranger who foiled a powerful supervillain's very personal plot against him his first time out, with the help of Coulson and the original Fury. It'd be kind of awkward for him to do that and then wind up being really meek and sheepish afterward.

And yeah, Max Fury went out kind of lame. But I can't really fault the movies for that. Of course there was no plan; Max Fury was Brubaker's villain, not Remender's, and Remender understandably wants to focus on his own rather than cleaning up the mess Brubaker left. That's the nature of shifting creative teams in comics.
Being a successful Army Ranger is a lot different than what Nick did for forever...I mean espionage and all the contacts and tricks fury should know would be ridiculous. It's much more complex.

Starting a job like that would have a serious learning curve..and it would actually be more interesting if this was portrayed.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, but then you get a Rodimus prime situation, and nobody wants that.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote