The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #101
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
You can clearly see the dots around his eyes for the CGI there. I'm really curious to see his final look.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #102
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Lol that's who it is. What a twist. Leading to..... Secret wars
On a more serious note though the original Secret Wars 12 issue series is still one of my favorite story lines. Same with Infinity Gauntlet.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #103
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
You can clearly see the dots around his eyes for the CGI there. I'm really curious to see his final look.
Yeah, me too! I am especially curious, because the burned side of his face already looks pretty good in many of the pictures, so it just makes you wonder how much better can they really make it. I know a lot of people are saying they will be changing the eyes, because that seems to be where the majority of the sensors are located, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #104
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
On a more serious note though the original Secret Wars 12 issue series is still one of my favorite story lines. Same with Infinity Gauntlet.

Surfer
Same here. I even loved the secret wars episode of the spiderman animated series. It's my ultimate dream to see that on film. Or at least Pixar or sumthin. Avengers made me want it even more

Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #105
Surfer

Quote:
Same here. I even loved the secret wars episode of the spiderman animated series. It's my ultimate dream to see that on film. Or at least Pixar or sumthin. Avengers made me want it even more
Well at least with the Avengers Movies it seems we will be getting some version of the Infinity Gauntlet story line. In order to do a Secret Wars movie justice I feel like Marvel / Disney would at least need to regain the rights to the Fantastic Four franchise at a minimum, and preferably X-men and Spiderman as well, but doubt that will happen any time soon. I mean Dr. Doom, Molecule Man and Galactus played very large roles in that comic series and I really think they are absolutely necessary to the story working to it's potential. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Masters of Evil / Acts of Vengeance type Hero / Villian face offs, with a powerful being watching over them, which wouldn't necessarilly be terrible, but definitely not as powerful as it could be if done correctly.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #106
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #107
Surfer

Quote:

Awesome, the images reminds me of like something from a flip book. Thanks for sharing.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #108
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@Surfer No prob, the new pics were really small, so I just threw 'em together in sequence, instead of a bunch watermarked pics.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #109
Bren
Forevernoob

Looks like Thor gets punched well and proper there. Not sure if a dark elf (even Malekith) is supposed to be that powerful, but if it works for the film then go for it.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Looks like Thor gets punched well and proper there. Not sure if a dark elf (even Malekith) is supposed to be that powerful, but if it works for the film then go for it.
Nah he's not, so hopefully his punches/attacks are charged with magical energy.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #111
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Malekith is going head to head with Thor. That's intense. Why does he need kurse then?
I've been wondering the same thing, why would there be too villains who are physical threats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Not me .... the more fights the better.

Veryyy good point, I'm not saying anything is worng with it I'm just wondering.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #112
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I've been wondering the same thing, why would there be too villains who are physical threats?

Veryyy good point, I'm not saying anything is worng with it I'm just wondering.

Maybe Malekith sends Kurse to deal with Thor and when he finds them too evenly matched he kills off Kurse and says in so many words that if you want the job done right sometimes you have to do it yourself. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #113
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Maybe Malekith sends Kurse to deal with Thor and when he finds them too evenly matched he kills off Kurse and says in so many words that if you want the job done right sometimes you have to do it yourself. Lol

Surfer
That wouldn't make any sense because Kurse is wayyyyy more powerful than Malekith, if anything the opposite should happen.

Thor should defeat Malekith forcing him to unleash a newly transformed Kurse onto him.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #114
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet Vs. pre retconed Beyonder for the win. Lol

Surfer
Preretconed Beyonder was basically as powerful as the one above all.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-16-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #115
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

maybe Thor couldnt handle Kurse alone and Loki helps?!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #116
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Malekith is definitely using magic. He's using alot of hand gesture type things and at the same time a flash of light happens. Thats gonna look soooo awesome when its completed
I'm gonna be sad if this is the final battle and we're seeing it so early tho.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #117
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

We've seen this scene more than enough times, but someone bought bigger version of some Getty Images...

Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #118
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Very nice!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #119
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

The last two pictures:
"What are you doing down there?"
"WHOA BRO, I AIN'T LIKE THAT!"

Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #120
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
It has me stoked to see all this in the theaters in a few months. It looks like it's going to be a pretty badass fight, might vs. magic and I predict Thor might be on the losing end of that fight considering his inexperience in magic.
He better not lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I was beginning to wonder that myself. LOL
Malekith doesn't really like NEED Kurse. But malekith certainly shouldn't be physically challenging Thor

Quote:
Why would kurse hate Thor then?
Considering the beyonder won't be in this film
SOMEONE is going to change Algrim. Be it Surtur, or Hela, someone will do it, and probably screw with his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Quote:
Nah he's not, so hopefully his punches/attacks are charged with magical energy.
Yeah I am with ya there. I am a bit uneasy about Malekith prooving a physcal match for Thor

Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #121
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #122
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Malekith is definitely using magic. He's using alot of hand gesture type things and at the same time a flash of light happens. Thats gonna look soooo awesome when its completed
I'm gonna be sad if this is the final battle and we're seeing it so early tho.
Dude I saw all the Avengers footage and it didn't ruin the Movie experience for me. The movie is usually shot at different angles and then edited to hell and back in post production. Sometimes the final footage doesn't even look the same as the cellphone, Digital camera, or camcorder captured shots. When it hits Post Production the scene are usually cut up and reorganized also. Look at the examples below.

Amature set footage
Captain America and Thor Battle
Look at how much of this fight sequence didn't make it into the movie.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thor hits car
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thor throws and catches Mjolnir!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Now here is the same clip from the movie.

Marvel Avengers Assemble - Captain America and Thor in Battle
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Just for giggles.

Set blooper
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Official blooper
They even went through the trouble of digitally adding his shield in in post production lol. Just think there someone above them filming this that's right out of shot.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-17-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #123
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Miiinoooor nitpick coming up, I'm not sure I like the contraption on Malekiths head, I hope he doesn't wear is all the time.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #124
Surfer

Quote:
That wouldn't make any sense because Kurse is wayyyyy more powerful than Malekith, if anything the opposite should happen.

Thor should defeat Malekith forcing him to unleash a newly transformed Kurse onto him.

Yeah, I know and I was partially joking, but then again.....

Malekith is a leader and Kurse is the Muscle, and this would not be suggesting Malekith take on Kurse directly, but more catch him off guard with something unexpected and creative. I mean there is a lot of movies where you see a physically weaker character who's in charge backstabing the muscle character because they are not performing up to their expectatations, and it just helps to establish the leader as being more of a evil, dangerous, and unpredicatable villian for the hero to contend with.

Anyways, I am not suggesting that is what I think they should do, but merely that it is possible.

Surfer

Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #125
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Thor must have smashed that care on impact when he landed. I hope the flying that lead up to this moment is epic.
Yeah that looks freakin' SWEET, now all we need is a shot of Thor throwing or slamming a car into Malekith.

Quote:
Yeah, I know and I was partially joking, but then again.....

Malekith is a leader and Kurse is the Muscle, and this would not be suggesting Malekith take on Kurse directly, but more catch him off guard with something unexpected and creative. I mean there is a lot of movies where you see a physically weaker character who's in charge backstabing the muscle character because they are not performing up to their expectatations, and it just helps to establish the leader as being more of a evil, dangerous, and unpredicatable villian for the hero to contend with.

Anyways, I am not suggesting that is what I think they should do, but merely that it is possible.

Surfer
Ah I see, yeah that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Preretconed Beyonder was basically as powerful as the one above all.
What's the differences between pre-rectoned Beyonder and rectoned Beyonder?

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 11-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Closed Thread