The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #701
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

I just had a thought that, if the time-traveller is the consciousness of future Xavier, that could be the reason that a new Cerebro is built at the mansion.

McAvoy Xavier has weird headaches, hallucinatory flashes as Stewart Xavier tries to contact him through time, and he has to get a Cerebro built at the mansion to get a clearer communication.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #702
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That's possibly but I think It's more likely they would switch minds If they went that sceniro.Perhapes It's a struggle to exchange minds and Mcavoy even collopsing during the procede.

I think If this Is way they go Stewert In future wouldn't be knocked out In future after Mcavoy's mind Is in his body.He would be awake and see this future.

Xavier mind swipe Is much better opotion that mind swiping Mystique.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #703
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I just had a thought that, if the time-traveller is the consciousness of future Xavier, that could be the reason that a new Cerebro is built at the mansion.

McAvoy Xavier has weird headaches, hallucinatory flashes as Stewart Xavier tries to contact him through time, and he has to get a Cerebro built at the mansion to get a clearer communication.
sounds like a good idea. would be really interesting to see James having those images of Patrick and that apocaliptic future.

Xavier isnt my choice for "traveler" or connection to the past, but its a good idea, definetly, in case they decided this route.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #704
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If they are going with the original comic Idea of changing minds Xavier,Wolverine,and Mystique are only options of time travler.If they actully physically send someone In past they then have opotion of using rogue or Kitty.

If they go this way james as Xavier won't just get visions of future.His and Patrick's version of Xavier will switch minds so James will play younger Xavier with Patrick's Older
Xavier mind.And Patrick will play In future older Xavier with james's Younger Xavier Mind.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #705
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If they are going with the original comic Idea of changing minds Xavier,Wolverine,and Mystique are only options of time travler.If they actully physically send someone In past they then have opotion of using rogue or Kitty.

If they go this way james as Xavier won't just get visions of future.His and Patrick's version of Xavier will switch minds so James will play younger Xavier with Patrick's Older
Xavier mind.And Patrick will play In future older Xavier with james's Younger Xavier Mind.
That wouldn't work at all.

I think people need to let go of the idea that this will be accurate to the comics. Nothing about First Class was accurate to the comics, I see no reason why the plot of this has to be any more true to the comics than "X-Men/X-Man must travel back in time to warn of an event that will lead to an apocalyptic future. Also, Sentinels."

It would make no sense to have Kitty as the traveler, she wasn't important in X3 and her PARENTS probably don't even exist as of the 60s, let alone her. It would make no sense to have Wolverine as the traveler (what relevance does he have?), and I don't get why Mystique would be the next best choice. It has to be someone who is already in the past, who has already been established as of First Class. Xavier is by far the most likely candidate IMHO, as everything could easily be explained away with "Astral Plane blah blah blah". But I doubt they would have PatXavier and JamesCharles switch personality. Each actor is excellent at the version of Professor X that they play and there's no reason really to change them.

Charles having visions of his future self would also be interesting based on where the X-Men and Brotherhood currently stand with each other. Say what you will but at the end of FC they are NOT directly enemies just yet. (It's probably safe to say that Erik does help Charles build Cerebro in this one). I think Charles knowing something the Brotherhood does will affect the future and warning Erik of it, and Erik just brushing it off and doing it anyway will lead to a big showdown between the two teams. Kind of "I don't want to fight you but I've seen the future and it's your fault it sucks" catalyst. X-Men knowing something to be true and Brotherhood dismissing it as the X-Men fighting against their ideals.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #706
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They never claimed they were using anything from first Class except the title.

Bryan Singer said they were taking elements from the comic version of Days of future Past and other Ideas.Noone here ever claimed they were being 100 percent to comics.

If they use the mind changing plot as time time travel It Is down to only 3 possibilts.Xavier,Mystique,and Wolverine.If It is Xavier then Xavier of future changes mind with younger self.Hugh Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-Men franchise that Is why Wolverine could be time traveler.

You need to let go of Idea Xavier and Magneto aren't enemies yet.Magneto and Brotherhood will be ones X-men have to fight to stop an assassination which will set In motion the chain of events that leads to sentinles.

You need to stop thinking of how first Class was made and think of how X2 took core elements of god Loves Man kills and adapted them to fit the films.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #707
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bryan Singer said they were taking elements from the comic version of Days of future Past and other Ideas.Noone here ever claimed they were being 100 percent to comics.

If they use the mind changing plot as time time travel It Is down to only 3 possibilts.Xavier,Mystique,and Wolverine.If It is Xavier then Xavier of future changes mind with younger self.Hugh Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-Men franchise that Is why Wolverine could be time traveler.

You need to let go of Idea Xavier and Magneto aren't enemies yet.Magneto and Brotherhood will be ones X-men have to fight to stop an assassination which will set In motion the chain of events that leads to sentinles.

You need to stop thinking of how first Class was made and think of how X2 took core elements of god Loves Man kills and adapted them to fit the films.
It's a sequel to FIRST CLASS.

Did you even read my post? They aren't direct enemies yet. But they will be by the end of this movie. There is NO REASON whatsoever for them to suddenly be enemies from what we have seen in First Class. Different ideals doesn't automatically and immediately equate antagonism. It would be really jarring if they were battling within the first few scenes of the movie. And again, Erik still has to help build Cerebro. If the fact that he knew intimately how it worked (to the point where he could completely rearrange it in such a way that it would work with Charles' mind in such a way, etc etc) hadn't been so clearly stated in X2 they probably could avoid this. But if they're insisting on linking this up with the old series (unfortunately, sigh), this is kiiiiind of a critical plot point. And it's awkward to joint-build Cerebro with someone you just tried to kill a few days earlier.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #708
def28
Side-Kick

Charles had to try and stop him in FC, that pretty much set them up to be rivals. I dont see how that can be looked at any other way. He went against him quite a few times and chose sides. What would you need to escalate that and label them "enemies"? When Magneto makes another attack, Charles will for sure send the X Men to stop him.

Last edited by def28; 11-16-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #709
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

At end of first Class both Xavier and Magneto are more or less where they need to be.Xavier still needs to go bald.But,they have adapted their idealogues and have gone
their own ways.WHen Magneto launches attacks against Humans Xavier and X-Men have to stop him.

As for cerebro If addressed at all they may go with the offscreen Idea that Magneto helped Xavier rebuild cerebro unit at mansion after moving there from CIA headquarters.
Xavier wouldn't leave remains of cerebro at CIA.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #710
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I can see it too. Transformers 4 shoots in spring too and we already have Mark Walberg more some casting rumours.

So we'll probably get one or two confirmations from original actors in the next two months.
I think it depends a lot on how they want to play it - it could be that they don't actually want to give away too much about who will be back, and keep it more of a surprise.

Charles and Erik may not be direct enemies yet, but they're definitely estranged by the end of FC. When Erik tells Emma that Charles is gone, there's a finality to what he says. I don't see that they would have any contact at all after Cuba, until they're thrown together again by the events of DoFP, and then they're most likely to work against each other. And why would they spend the whole movie on building up to that emotional beach divorce if early on in the next movie Erik and Charles are back on good terms?

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 11-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #711
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
At end of first Class both Xavier and Magneto are more or less where they need to be.Xavier still needs to go bald.But,they have adapted their idealogues and have gone
their own ways.WHen Magneto launches attacks against Humans Xavier and X-Men have to stop him.

As for cerebro If addressed at all they may go with the offscreen Idea that Magneto helped Xavier rebuild cerebro unit at mansion after moving there from CIA headquarters.
And when will that happen? Between the events of First Class and X1? Because in X1 he's about launch another attack on humans. So the time travelling escapades has failed.

If its at then end of X3 then there has to be some signifianct explanation of how Magneto has gathered a new Brotherhood and launch another attack on Human / Xmen having failed to learn the lessons from X3 ie antagonising Jean to the point where he could not control her.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #712
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And when will that happen? Between the events of First Class and X1? Because in X1 he's about launch another attack on humans. So the time travelling escapades has failed.

If its at then end of X3 then there has to be some signifianct explanation of how Magneto has gathered a new Brotherhood and launch another attack on Human / Xmen having failed to learn the lessons from X3 ie antagonising Jean to the point where he could not control her.
Magneto never stops his plans against humans. After X1, he carried on with another scheme in X2, and after X2 he carried on with another scheme in X3. He is always fighting his own war against humanity.

DoFP is about stopping an event that causes a terrible future. But whatever it is, it won't stop Magneto hating humanity.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #713
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

Cerebro should be addressed.

In X1, Xavier says Magneto helped him build it, and Mystique shows a knowledge of how it works when she sabotages it. In X2, Magneto shows he knows exactly how it works and Mystique understands what he is doing when he rearranges the panels, without him having to say a single word.

It's clear that Magneto and Mystique were present when the Cerebro at the mansion was constructed.

And that forms a crucial element of the plot in X1 and X2.

If Singer and the producers are willing to just ignore key elements like that, it doesn't give us much hope for continuity or for cinematic universe. You can't just throw things into stories and films because it suits you at the time and then change them all later because it doesn't suit you any more.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #714
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

It could also be Beast. Or it might be someone else altogether. They might use the time travel to introduce a new character into the mix rather than just stick to the familiar faces.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #715
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think it depends a lot on how they want to play it - it could be that they don't actually want to give away too much about who will be back, and keep it more of a surprise.

Charles and Erik may not be direct enemies yet, but they're definitely estranged by the end of FC. When Erik tells Emma that Charles is gone, there's a finality to what he says. I don't see that they would have any contact at all after Cuba, until they're thrown together again by the events of DoFP, and then they're most likely to work against each other. And why would they spend the whole movie on building up to that emotional beach divorce if early on in the next movie Erik and Charles are back on good terms?
That's why I keep saying they're not direct enemies. At this point in time they are definitely not allies anymore but there is no reason for either side to directly seek out and attack each other. I think too that we can't see them just suddenly in battle right from the start... I think the X-Men won't be up for fighting them just yet (also they are seriously outnumbered). I can't see MYSTIQUE, more than anyone else, being willing to engage in combat with Banshee, or Havok, or Beast. I think the X-Men will only be willing to step in when the Brotherhood's activities escalate. Breaking Emma out of prison, for example, was not enough of a reason to seek them out and fight them.

That's what I meant by direct enemies. They've got a really, really complicated and delicate relationship. Just simply having them as BOOM! enemies that are engaged in battles within the first 5 minutes of the movie would be a disservice to what they built up in and at the end of First Class.

Kinberg, despite my utter lack in faith in him, has at least acknowledged that the relationships between Charles/Erik and Raven/Hank were a huge reason FC was so good, and that it's something he wants to keep examining in DOFP. I'm excited to see how they'll develop.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #716
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

My suggestion of McAvoy-Xavier initially having visions/headaches would be a way for him to sense someone was trying to contact him through time, and then get Cerebro built to complete the circuit and allow the full transference to take place.

Whether they choose to use Xavier or go down this route is unknown but they should address Cerebro.

At some point in the First Class series, another Cerebro has to be built at the mansion. Xavier always has a Cerebro. It would make sense if Magneto (and also Mystique) helped construct it, as they both knew how it worked in X1 and X2. And both those were Singer films, so unless he wants to disregard his own films, then it needs addressing.

We're never going to have a 'cinematic universe' if they don't start connecting the dots properly. The whole point of this new strategy at the studio, including the hiring of Millar, is to make sure things line up properly and form a cohesive saga rather than a set of random films.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #717
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Magneto will not be back at masion In DOFP helping to build cerebro.Magneto's role In Days of future Past Is as the villain.

The time traveler Is going to be character we have already seen.Very unlikely It will be beast.Kelsey Grammer Is on record not wanting to do any more X-Men films and I don't
think Bryan Singer will want to call attention to different looks for first Class and Last Stand Beasts

Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #718
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
My suggestion of McAvoy-Xavier initially having visions/headaches would be a way for him to sense someone was trying to contact him through time, and then get Cerebro built to complete the circuit and allow the full transference to take place.

Whether they choose to use Xavier or go down this route is unknown but they should address Cerebro.

At some point in the First Class series, another Cerebro has to be built at the mansion. Xavier always has a Cerebro. It would make sense if Magneto (and also Mystique) helped construct it, as they both knew how it worked in X1 and X2. And both those were Singer films, so unless he wants to disregard his own films, then it needs addressing.

We're never going to have a 'cinematic universe' if they don't start connecting the dots properly. The whole point of this new strategy at the studio, including the hiring of Millar, is to make sure things line up properly and form a cohesive saga rather than a set of random films.
It's very likely Bryan Singer would go with the off screen explanation for Cerebro.They aren't going to have time to have Magneto back at mansion
helping to build cerebro and then go to planning the assassination.

If they are keeping The Last Stand In Cannon with opening which totally Is conterdicted by First Class they have more contunity problems than having cerebro being built off screen at mansion.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #719
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:

I do like the Xavier idea, and I like your line of thought that that could be one of the reasons he needs Cerebro rebuilt. That's the point I was trying to make above; they made it too clear in the old movies that Magneto helped him build it (and I didn't even think of Mystique but you're right, she'd either need very explicit instructions from Mags on how to poison it or she helped build it as well... maybe Hank showed her how Cerebro works?). You brought up the lack of real-life people who complain about Mystique leaving Charles, but one thing that DOES seem to always come up when XMFC is discussed IRL is... "Was it a prequel or a reboot?". People did notice the inconsistencies. In establishing that it's a prequel, they need to start making up for all the holes. People WILL notice Cerebro being built sans-Magneto. I can't believe for a minute that Singer, who made these plots in X1-2, would ignore such a crucial thing in their prequel.

Quote:
Magneto will not be back at masion In DOFP helping to build cerebro.Magneto's role In Days of future Past Is as the villain.
You need to let go of how accurate this will be to the comics. They have not said anything about closely following the story. Literally the ONLY thing we know about this film that is consistent with elements of the comic is that there is time-travel and Sentinels. 90's X-Men did their own take on DOFP. Charles' story in WATXM is pretty much DOFP (apocalyptic future, time travel). There are a thousand ways they can interpret the comic, and they will be making a LOT of changes in order to suit the cinematic X-Men universe they've created and the situations and characters set up by First Class.

You also need to recognize that just because Magneto is a villain doesn't mean that he will never assist Charles. Their relationship is far far more complicated than that. I am pretty certain we will see him revisit the mansion in DOFP. He won't join the school or anything, but he will likely be physically on the grounds of the Estate at some point during the movie. Magneto WILL help him rebuild Cerebro. That's hardly up for debate, X1-2 covers this fact too clearly to be ignored. There's no guarantee it will happen in this movie, but it's got to happen somewhere.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #720
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Again they are taking core elements of story.

There will be dark future with sentinles

There Is time travel plot by surviving mutants to try to change history

The Brotherhood Is planning an assassination of politican or government official

The time traveler must convince the first Class era X-men that the brotherhood Is planning an assassination which will set In motion the chain of events that leads to future with sentinles

X-Men VS Brotherhood to stop the assassination.

People need to let go of animated version of DOFP.The mutants In future will be cast members from earlier films.And those will most likely be members of
X-Men and X2 cast.We don't know which form time travel will be acommplished but the one to do It will be character already seen In films.
This Isn't like First Class when they were forced to use lesser characters.They can use a famalier character for time traveler.

A Big change for comic version will be It will be Magneto planning the assassination.Xavier will almost certinly be alive In future when In most versions of DOFP he wasn't.

You need to let go of notion Magneto Isn't villain at end of First Class.And they are not going to have time to have Magneto helping to build cerebro and planning assassination In same film.They will probally go with off screen version.Plus we don't know In what year the past part of this film takes place.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 11-17-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #721
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Dude, neither of us has any idea what is going to happen. All we know is time-travel, sentinels, and the fact that this is a sequel to First Class, not just some comic adaptation. Everything else (and I do mean everything, including who assassinates who and even the assassination itself) is fair game. Don't be so restricted to what the comic has done. There's no reason to follow it verbatim just to please the fanboys (who, let's face it, will always find something to nitpick anyway).

I never said Magneto wasn't a villain at the end of First Class. He is. I just said that he's not Charles' archnemesis yet. It's not that simple. It has to grow to that, and we need to see it grow onscreen to be believable. Can you really see Raven blindly following orders to attack her old friends, her brother? Her brother who she left crippled on a beach in Cuba? I sure can't. Magneto may brush that off as a casualty of war but what we've seen of Raven, despite her growing confidence, tells me that she's going to be pretty remorseful and reluctant to face off with him or the boys. They need to develop that in this movie. Instant enemies is lazy storytelling, and while I don't have that much faith in Singer to not turn this into OldX-CastFest2014, I do hope he has the respect of the FC characters to not hastily shoehorn them into new roles just to suit the plot.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #722
Angamb
Banned User

Eric and Raven will need development on this new series, definetly. Bryan will show their evolution nicely, I believe, so Im not worried with that.

and yes, we shouldnt leave anything out yet. The possibilities with this sequel are endless.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #723
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Isn't just a sequel to first Class.This Is sequel to most X-Men films.It Is event film using casts of various X-Men films

I have never claimed this was going to be exactly like comic.I mentioned Bryan Singer will almost certinly take core elements of original story like X2 did to God Loves Man Kills.
Who Is target of assassination here Is completly unknown.But,we can safely say It will
be Magneto's brotherhood who does It.

Xavier and Magneto are enemies due to the conflicts In their world view and Idealogy
not becuase they hate each other.There Is at least 30+ years between end of first CLass and first X-men.

And people need to get the animated version of DOFP out of their heads.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #724
Angamb
Banned User

why marvelrobbins?

the comic arc is the source material, the 90's show a new version of it, Wolverine & the x-men another one... the comics have had more timetravel plots...

ALL of this are influences for movie directors. we cant deny it.

So Bryan could do a bit more faithfull adaptation or something totally different, so we cant get anything out.

Time travel, Sentinels and assasination are the core elements, the rest is all up to him and Simon Kimberg.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #725
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This film Is bryan SInger's version of CLassic comic storyline.The animated shows are not what they are adapting here.In both animated versions wolverine was only X-Man alive
In the future Inless you count Xavier In coma In Wolverine and the X-Men.

They are doing this to create event film with casts from X-Men,X2,and first Class.There Is very little chance they would focus on someone like Bishop when they can use original
films cast.Days of future Past Is opening on same day as third Hobbit.You need big guns.That Is characters from ealrier films.

Closed Thread