The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #251
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
so he did not has the motivation to revenge for his wife?he must need his daughter to make a demand ,only then him can revenge for his wife?

Did Ra and LOS has no other option than save Bane from his doom?they just can't raid the pit ,kill those who responsible for his beloved wife's death / find her remains and walk away?
Once again I am not saying Ra's was forced to save Bane. Can you stop saying that every single time you post a response? It's the most redundant argument to something not even being said.

Quote:
Talia's request---I found my father and brought him back to exact terrible vengeance

who told you Talia's request
include----saved Bane from inescapable misery life and death, killed those who assault him(unless someone can step out and claim LOS spare them all), treat his wounds ,and that man/his organziation also gave him a better device to put on his face other than blood soaked fabric,then train/teach him to become stronger(unless someone can step out and claim LOS's tough training is sort of two weeks short course)/feed him.
Let me put it to you this way; who else is going to ask Ra's to take in Bane, a man with a mutilated face, left for dead, who protected little Talia in the pit?

Stop and think hard about that one before you respond with more "Who forced Ra's to save Bane?" spiel.

Quote:
I live in Dublin in Ireland. I see homeless people begging on the streets all the time when I go into the city center. We are currently in a recession. Unemployment rates have shot up in the last few years.

But nobody is calling Dublin a horrible terrible rotten city that is beyond help.
--- DC publish works are all about reality/real world? really?
You have been living under a rock if you don't know Nolan bases his themes as allegories for real life issues in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Fantastic article, really digs into the thematic problems with TDKR, and more importantly, how they could have been avoided.
I thought so, too

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #252
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Homeless people go down to sleep and live in the subway tunnels in London. Homeless people will go and live anywhere and go to nearly any length to make money if they can't find employment.

This is not the kind of thing that is unique to Gotham City. It's a common worldwide problem. If we had subway tunnels here in Dublin you can bet your eye tooth we'd have the same thing.

first, DC publish works are all about reality/real world? really?

second,those youths(who want to find a job) =Homeless people(drunkers,bums)?

in London--so in London youngster working for underground terrorists becuase there is work down there--andmore than you can find here?

in Dublin you can bet your eye tooth we'd have the same thing----same thing?young men working for underground terrorists becuase there is work down there--andmore than you can find uphere?

Last edited by rickfox; 11-17-2012 at 12:34 PM.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #253
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
You have been living under a rock if you don't know Nolan bases his themes as allegories for real life issues in the world.
and Nolan did not produce Batman Movie(base on DC publish works)?

real life---real life, eh, just like TDK represents real life?

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=393295&page=7

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=196

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=185

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=393295&page=8

Last edited by rickfox; 11-17-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #254
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

rickfox, no offense, especially if English isn't your first language, but could you at least TRY to have some grammatical structure in your posts? It makes your arguments seem quite convoluted and half the time I'm not quite sure what the point you're trying to make is.

Also about the color coding and making certain words bigger, I can't for the life of me understand why you'd choose to post like that, but, to each his own.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #255
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
first, DC publish works are all about reality/real world? really?
This is not DC. This is a Chris Nolan movie adapting Batman in what he calls grounded realistic movies. He also commonly makes the themes of his movies allegories of real life current issues.

Quote:
second,those youths(who want to find a job) =Homeless people(drunkers,bums)?
Is that a question or a statement? Not all homeless people are drunks.

Quote:
in London--so in London young men working for underground criminals becuase there is work down there--andmore than you can find here?

in Dublin you can bet your eye tooth we'd have the same thing----same thing?young men working for underground criminals becuase there is work down there--andmore than you can find uphere?

worldwide problem--- so,not consider as problem?
http://www.thestate.com/2012/07/25/2...l#.UKe6T4aImdk

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...es-for-shelter

http://www.poverties.org/poverty-and-crime.html

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal...accno=ED269713

http://www.womensviewsonnews.org/201...-prostitution/

http://www.thelocal.se/18230/20090315/

I could go on all day giving you examples of how poverty, homeless people, and general poor people turn to crime out of desperation. I thought this was common knowledge.

Homeless people in TDKR going to the tunnels to find work is no different than the kind of situations all around the world.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #256
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Let me put it to you this way; who else is going to ask Ra's to take in Bane, a man with a mutilated face, left for dead, who protected little Talia in the pit?
and Let me put it to you this way---Ra has to do things according to Talia's will or not? if he can do things against Talia's will(anyone want to say he didn't take action against Talia's will?) ----then Talia's will/demand is not the only savior for Bane.

Last edited by rickfox; 11-17-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #257
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
and Nolan did not produce Batman Movie(from DC publish works)?
Yes, he did. He uses real life events as inspiration. For example the Joker's terrorism is often compared to real life terrorism; http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts...r_isn_t_joking

The comic booky elements come from the fact the terrorist is a mysterious psychopath dressed in clown make up, perma smile, and a purple suit, and he's obsessed with a guy dressed up as a Bat.

What are any of these posts supposed to prove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
rickfox, no offense, especially if English isn't your first language, but could you at least TRY to have some grammatical structure in your posts? It makes your arguments seem quite convoluted and half the time I'm not quite sure what the point you're trying to make is.

Also about the color coding and making certain words bigger, I can't for the life of me understand why you'd choose to post like that, but, to each his own.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #258
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
I could go on all day giving you examples of how poverty, homeless people, and general poor people turn to crime out of desperation. I thought this was common knowledge.

Homeless people in TDKR going to the tunnels to find work is no different than the kind of situations all around the world .
worldwide problem(you wrote those words)--- becuase you called those as worldwide problems, they are not considered as problems any more?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #259
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
worldwide problem(you wrote those words)--- becuase you called those as worldwide problems, they are not considered as problems any more?
Yes, these problems happen worldwide, and yes they are still a problem. This is from July of this year alone; http://www.thestate.com/2012/07/25/2...l#.UKe9ZIaImdl

What's your point?

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #260
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Yes, he did. He uses real life events as inspiration. For example the Joker's terrorism is often compared to real life terrorism; http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts...r_isn_t_joking

The comic booky elements come from the fact the terrorist is a mysterious psychopath dressed in clown make up, perma smile, and a purple suit, and he's obsessed with a guy dressed up as a Bat.
---I asked you--did Nolan produce Batman Movie(from DC publish works)? you said --Yes, he did.

now come back to this---those DC publish works are all about reality/real world?

This is not DC---without DC's Batman(publish works),he can produced trilogy from empty air?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #261
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
---I asked you--did Nolan produce Batman Movie(from DC publish works)? you said --Yes, he did.
Yes....and?

Quote:
now come back to this---those DC publish works are all about reality/real world?

This is not DC---without DC's Batman(publish works),he can produced trilogy from empty air?
Ok, since you insist on being so pedantic and literal about this, I'll address your post in the same way; Nolan takes Batman stories and tries to find the realism in them. His words.

He uses real life events as inspiration for the themes of his movies. Terrorism, depression etc. This is common knowledge. I don't believe for a second you're not already aware for that.

Nolan takes Batman characters and basically makes them as realistic as he can. Ra's Al Ghul is not a 600 year old immortal. Joker is not skin bleached. Bane is not a pumped venom enhanced man etc.

Obviously he still retains some of the comic booky elements. I wrote a whole blog on how well he adapted the Joker; http://www.jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

But to say that he doesn't use real life events for inspiration and themes in his stories is a total fallacy. Your problem, rickfox, is you take everything so literally. You think because Nolan uses real life events as part of his themes that means he's ignoring DC comics.

I suspect as Brain Damage said that English is not your first language.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #262
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
What are any of these posts supposed to prove?
how to use the method of"double standard" when someone need it.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #263
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
how to use the method of"double standard" when someone need it.
You're going to have to elaborate on how exactly they do that.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #264
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Yes, these problems happen worldwide, and yes they are still a problem. This is from July of this year alone; http://www.thestate.com/2012/07/25/2...l#.UKe9ZIaImdl

What's your point?
Gotham city has its problem
Gotham city is the place B.W cares and he did his best to protect that city

someone want take revenge on B.W---by torture and destroy the city he protects

what did you say when you replied to J.Howlett?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #265
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Gotham city has its problem
What problem? Homeless people? Poverty? That's a common problem all over the world.

Quote:
Gotham city is the place B.W cares and he did his best to protect that city
He did protect it. He selflessly took the blame for Harvey's crimes. Gotham was in peace time thanks to his sacrifice. No more crime.

Quote:
someone want take revenge on B.W---by torture and destroy the city he protects
Yes so?

Quote:
what did you say when you replied to J.Howlett?
Which time?

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #266
Anno_Domini
Banned User

VS

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #267
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
You're going to have to elaborate on how exactly they do that.
did they ever say there is distance between TDK's plots and real life?did they ever say TDK's plot looks dumb when they criticize TDKR?

those posts just shows they use conjectures rather than facts

Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #268
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
did they ever say there is distance between TDK's plots and real life?did they ever say TDK's plot looks dumb when they criticize TDKR?
Who is "they"? And what distance do you mean? The Joker's brand of terrorism is very real. Check this out; http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts...r_isn_t_joking

It gets compared to real life terrorism. It's the characters involved (Batman and Joker), and the motive for the terrorism (trying to make Gotham go crazy to prove a point) that makes it comic booky.

Quote:
those posts just shows they use conjectures rather than facts
What conjectures?

Btw Anno, that is hilarious

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #269
rickfox
Devil

Quote:

But to say that he doesn't use real life events for inspiration and themes in his stories is a total fallacy. Your problem, rickfox, is you take everything so literally. You think because Nolan uses real life events as part of his themes that means he's ignoring DC comics.
in which post I wrote that sentence----"
he doesn't use real life events for inspiration"?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #270
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
He did protect it. He selflessly took the blame for Harvey's crimes. Gotham was in peace time thanks to his sacrifice. No more crime.

That was completely eradicated in TDKR.---and there is new game in the town called "working for terrorist"

No more crime.

Crime was practically non existent.---so what Selina Kyle did is not crime?you are greater than that Mayor,even he was just talking about No city is without crime...

Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #271
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
in which post I wrote that sentence----"
he doesn't use real life events for inspiration"?
To which I responded he does. I've given you links to comparisons to it, too. What more do you want?

Quote:
That was completely eradicated in TDKR.---and there is new game in the town called "working for terrorist"
Yes, a terrorist who is the cause of the problem they are destroying the city for. Any major problems in Gotham are being caused by them.

Quote:
so what Selina Kyle did is not crime?you are greater than that Mayor,even he was just talking about No city is without crime...
Senator: "The Mayor's going to dump him in the spring"
Foley: "Really? But he's a hero"
Senator: "A war hero. This is peace time"

Blake: "When you and Dent cleaned up the streets you cleaned them good. Pretty soon we'll be chasing overdue library books"

The theft of some jewels is hardly a huge crime wave lol.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #272
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
What problem? Homeless people? Poverty? That's a common problem all over the world.

That's a common problem all over the world---you mean terrorist group offer jobs to youngster and they offer more jobs than youngster can find uphere?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #273
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
That's a common problem all over the world---you mean terrorist group offer jobs to youngster and they offer more jobs than youngster can find uphere?
Oh for god's sake, I give up with you on this one. I showed you a plethora of links where people in those situations turn to crime for survival.

This is the exact same thing, except in a Batman movie the poor are turning to the LOS. But it's the same thing. Turning to crime.

You are SO literal about everything.

- The Joker
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #274
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
To which I responded he does. I've given you links to comparisons to it, too. What more do you want?
I didn't write --he/nolan doesn't use real life events for inspiration" in any post

Old 11-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #275
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

All of Nolan's Batman movies are analogies to events in the real world.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote