The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #126
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Miiinoooor nitpick coming up, I'm not sure I like the contraption on Malekiths head, I hope he doesn't wear is all the time.
Most likely its only for battle.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #127
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Ah I see, yeah that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way.

What's the differences between pre-rectoned Beyonder and rectoned Beyonder?
The pre-retconed Beyonder was basically equal to the power of the One Above All, who is considered to be the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

The retconed Beyonder from what I understand (and correct me people if I am wrong) is suppose to be more on par with a self aware Cosmic Cube power level. So, quite a big drop in power levels, but still very powerful all the same.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #128
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I'm tired of being disappointed BigThor.
Although they HAVE gotten a ton right when it comes to his powers. Thor channeling the lightning on the tower in the avengers was great
I understand where you're from, because nothing says superhuman like vehicle tossing/slamming. Hopefully they kick the enviromental use and strength feats up a few notches in this film.

Yeah they've gotten more right than wrong, especially the costume, Mjolnir, the way Mjolnir returns and that particular lightning attack

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #129
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

Pre-rectoned Beyonder was 100% Omnipotent and Omniscient. He was more power than all the cosmic begins combined. Potentially the entire Marvel universe could have just been a figment of his imagination.

Beyoner beating up Celestials for fun

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
[IMG][/IMG]

Beyonder kills Death

Beyonder repelling Galactus like a fly

Post Retcon Beyonder has more limitations. he could actually be beaten or equaled by other beings. He's not absolute like he was before.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #130
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Different angles & rehearsal of the Malekith solo scene
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #131
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah that looks freakin' SWEET, now all we need is a shot of Thor throwing or slamming a car into Malekith.

power levels mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
The pre-retconed Beyonder was basically equal to the power of the One Above All, who is considered to be the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

The retconed Beyonder from what I understand (and correct me people if I am wrong) is suppose to be more on par with a self aware Cosmic Cube power level. So, quite a big drop in power levels, but still very powerful all the same.

Surfer
bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Different angles & rehearsal of the Malekith solo scene
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

maybe he is summoning something?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #132
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

I just thought of this, but maybe what they're filming is Thor's first battle with Malekith in the movie and he gets his butt handed to him by Malekith's magic and Odin intervenes by teleporting down from Asgard. I could be wrong, but Odin in full battle gear laying the smackdown on Malekth with his own high degree of magic mastery would be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
He's teleporting his lunch down from Svartalfheim?

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-17-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #133
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

SAWEEET!
Well peeps BEHAVE see ya in a few days drive safe if you're traveling! Happy Thanksgiving!

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #134
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I just thought of this, but maybe what they're filming is Thor's first battle with Malekith in the movie and he gets his butt handed to him by Malekith's magic and Odin intervenes by teleporting down from Asgard. I could be wrong, but Odin in full battle gear laying the smackdown on Malekth with his own high degree of magic mastery would be pretty awesome.
This. I'm picturing an epic sweeping battlefield sequence (similar to the one in The Avengers), with Odin taking on Malekith while Thor battles Kurse (or vice versa), while Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three and other Asgard warriors are taking down a smorgasbord of Dark Elves and Maruanders

Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #135
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Most likely its only for battle.
It could amplify his channeling of dark energy and magic too.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #136
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Seems that double-decker may have some sorta significance after all.

Quote:
If anyone knows about #Marvel & #Thor & is around when the Bus is being driven - Check the driver. Been told it's going to be Stan Lee!!!!
https://twitter.com/MisterGreenwich/...63635436851201

Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #137
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
This. I'm picturing an epic sweeping battlefield sequence (similar to the one in The Avengers), with Odin taking on Malekith while Thor battles Kurse (or vice versa), while Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three and other Asgard warriors are taking down a smorgasbord of Dark Elves and Maruanders
It would be *very* cool to see a big magic fight!

I suppose you mean Heimdall, Sif, Warriors Three, etc are battling up in Asgard while the Odin/Malekith and Thor/Kurse battles take place here (be it either Svartalfheim or Midgard)?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #138
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@American Maid That works! I would rather they save a battle of these sorts for either of the nine realms, sans earth.

More pics of the same scene

Old 11-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #139
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

The last one looks badass! Could this be his entrance? Really cool pics, thanks, marvel_freshman.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #140
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Yeah. Surtur.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #141
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I guess London isn't doubling as Svartalfheim, unless they drive cars in Svartalfheim.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #142
Chewy
REDACTED

Any sign of Kurse yet?

Old 11-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #143
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I guess London isn't doubling as Svartalfheim, unless they drive cars in Svartalfheim.
Well, that's what I was alluding to a while back. Maybe they are borrowing tech from Midgard in addition to their architecture.

Otherwise, maybe this means Thor is battling Kurse on Earth (he has those scratches on his face in all these photos).

Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #144
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah. Surtur.
Yup. That "sun" they were supposedly building seems like it'll be a portal to Muspelheim, with Malekith attempting to summon Surtur.

But the third act looks like it'll be Thor vs Malekith and his elves, not an hour of Thor vs Surtur with Malekith and his "pansy elves" already dispatched

Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #145
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Always a great sign when the raw set photos already look badass. A rarity. (i might have said this before btw)

Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #146
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Thor's costume looks even better than in Avengers.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #147
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah. Surtur.
Yep that's exactly what he's doing, it couldn't be more obvious.

Quote:
@American Maid That works! I would rather they save a battle of these sorts for either of the nine realms, sans earth.
I'm actually more excited about the earth battles, because we can measure their abilities against earthly objects.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #148
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thor's costume looks even better than in Avengers.
Yup.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #149
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah. Surtur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yup. That "sun" they were supposedly building seems like it'll be a portal to Muspelheim, with Malekith attempting to summon Surtur.

But the third act looks like it'll be Thor vs Malekith and his elves, not an hour of Thor vs Surtur with Malekith and his "pansy elves" already dispatched
Quote:
Yep that's exactly what he's doing, it couldn't be more obvious.

I'm actually more excited about the earth battles, because we can measure their abilities against earthly objects.
You guys think he is actually summoning Surtur?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #150
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
You guys think he is actually summoning Surtur?
He's obviously casting a spell, and the "artificial sun" suggests some sort of portal opening, so it's likely that he's summoning *something,* right? And we know from the comics that Malekith serves whom? Surtur. Putting two and two together and all that.

Quote:

Yeah, Malekith summoning Surtur might be the big tease for Thor 3. Or it may be a three-on-one throwdown with Mal, Kurse, *and* Surtur vs. God of Thunder in the third reel. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Any sign of Kurse yet?
I'm beginning to firmly believe that Kurse is going to be a Hulk-style CG construct instead of an actual physical presence. In other words, Kurse might well already be in a lot of the battle scenes we've seen so far; only "in spirit," awaiting CGI in post.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread