The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #201
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I dunno, I think sometimes even if it's accidental, a player deserves to get booted. We had one guy rush to get the warthog before anyone else could but in his haste, managed to splatter THREE guys. Sure an accident's and accident but that was just gross incompetence and we didn't shed a tear when one of the players booted him.
Yeah that I'm fine with, but if a player is on a killing spree driving a vehicle and you run straight at the oncoming vehicle and die, its not a betrayal. It's just horse****

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #202
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
I dunno, I think sometimes even if it's accidental, a player deserves to get booted. We had one guy rush to get the warthog before anyone else could but in his haste, managed to splatter THREE guys. Sure an accident's and accident but that was just gross incompetence and we didn't shed a tear when one of the players booted him.
I gotta see that in action coz I can't imagine how someone can get a triple betrayal at the start of a match lmao, at least if people aren't jumping in front.

Anyhoo, pretty cool that beating the game on Legendary unlocks the Mark VI armour for MP. I'll prolly use it until I unlock the armour pieces I really want.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #203
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Looks good. Is the Mark V in this game? As soon as I could use it in Reach I did and never changed it back. I dont know why but its my favorite.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #204
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I don't think so unless they snuck it in somehow. If it's not in the game I'd really like to see it in a DLC pack if that's possible this time around.

Anyhoo, had a great BTB game. 27 kills, 7 assists, 7 deaths, 17 headshots and my service tag is Z7... It's always been my lucky number.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #205
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

So my game wasn't lost at least, just going to be delayed another 4 or 5 days.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #206
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

That sucks. And all you wanted was to be good enough to hold you own in the multiplayer. If you still play it you should do fine.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #207
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Looks good. Is the Mark V in this game? As soon as I could use it in Reach I did and never changed it back. I dont know why but its my favorite.
I used the Mark V too in Reach, loved it for whatever reason. Plus the EVA became insanely popular in Reach and thats what I had in Halo 3 for a long time...until all of a sudden everyone had it.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #208
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
That sucks. And all you wanted was to be good enough to hold you own in the multiplayer. If you still play it you should do fine.
Yeah, I'm still going to play it enough to get as good as I'm going to get. Same goes for BOps II. Being quick out of the gate for once I might have known how far away I was before all the veterans memorise every detail on every map and perfect their game style but not the end of the world. Also I was really looking forward to playing this campaign early, more so than any other Halo game & more so than pretty much any other current game (ACIII I'm still waiting till I finish all the previous games fully).

Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #209
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

The new Spartan Ops Episode....was really awesome! Chapter 4 is just epicly awesome.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #210
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Anyone here wanna play the Spartan Ops on Legendary? None of my friends play it and it gets kinda boring alone.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #211
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I do.

My new suit:

I think the Scout armor is much more bad ass in this one. Much more symmetrical.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #212
Nathan

I can't wait to get that helmet. I'm more of an all black guy, but that armor looks sweet in those colors.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #213
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

how do you unlock the ninja helmet?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #214
Donut
Side-Kick

RVBX: Ten Years of Red Vs. Blue DVD Box Set for $58.99 instead of $139.95 on Amazon

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #215
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I want this...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...ChiefPF_111412

Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #216
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
RVBX: Ten Years of Red Vs. Blue DVD Box Set for $58.99 instead of $139.95 on Amazon
That`s a sweet deal. I want it but I cant justify the price on it. The bluray set is still the same though.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #217
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I do.
What's your GT? i tried ones I could find, BendalfTheWhite, but it didn't work. You change it again.?

Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #218
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Ha, yeah...I, for some reason, pay Microsoft 10 dollars every couple of months (well... Like twice) to change my GT.

It's Benjimas Prime now.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #219
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
That`s a sweet deal. I want it but I cant justify the price on it. The bluray set is still the same though.
I purchased it last night. Because I doubt it will get any lower then that. At least not anytime soon

Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #220
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Ha, yeah...I, for some reason, pay Microsoft 10 dollars every couple of months (well... Like twice) to change my GT.

It's Benjimas Prime now.
Did you mean Benjamis Prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I purchased it last night. Because I doubt it will get any lower then that. At least not anytime soon
My comment was meant for the bluray set, which is what I would get. As much as I want it, its $150. I've paid less for more in those regards.

BTW , is there a RoosterTeeth/AH thread around here or do we just use the current Halo thread.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #221
Donut
Side-Kick

I guess we use this one

Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #222
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Meh, Halo has never been a boss fight kinda game, it's always been more of a 'Everything's collapsing, GTFO' kinda game.
The second game in the OG trilogy was different. This game didn't end with you getting out while everything is collapsing. That has happened twice out of 4 games...5 if you count Reach.

I don't remember Reach. I think you played until you died.

But yes to Spoons, Halo 1 driving out while everything collapsing was fun. This, you just turned off switches and it ended. This whole game was you going here to turn a switch on or off and then fighting. It felt way too linear and then the climax was just so anticlimactic to me.

They could totally bring him back idk, who knows. We will see.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 11-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #223
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Well, let's be realistic here. Chief had virtually no shot at beating The Didact on his own. He needed Cortana in order to 'win'. This ain't Call of Duty, afterall. That said, we're likely to face off against him multiple times in this trilogy. I severely doubt we've seen the last of the greatest warrior/general in Forerunner history. What we experienced wasn't even a boss fight really. So we'll probably get our chance to punch and shoot The Didact in the face in Halo 5 & 6.

Keep in mind, John-117's genetics were altered by The Librarian in this installment. Who knows what type of a factor that'll play into the next match up.
It was just a major let down to me. The climax was so lame. It just ended and I was like WTF? There was no clear end like at the end of Halo 1 or Halo 2 or Halo 3.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #224
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
This game had it's moments of sheer frustration on Legendary but it was bareable. Some parts were pushovers.

And Halo has never been a boss fight type of game. And when it's ever been attempted, it's never been that good.
Again, the second game had one. The first and the third had you driving out of the ****. Reach was you fighting until you die and before that it was you shooting a big ass gun at ships to help the Autumn take off. So I wouldn't say that this franchise has never not been one thing or the other. It's been a mixed bag of endings.

This game setup a crazy bad guy and you never once fight him. You never once shoot at him. What was the point?

I also really did not like how they didn't explain or delve into the bad guys in this game besides the Didact. In the commercials, you see that the bad guys are human transformed into these sentries. In the OG Halos, you see the Hierarchy of the Covenant. This just seemed like a quick campaign that was lacking in the epic department.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #225
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Seriously, I start to wonder how many Halo fans actually played Halo 2.

That game was awesome. Had two stories, boss fights, it was just... refreshingly different.

I'm counting at least three "bosses" in 2.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote