Raindog421
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobuscus View Post
As a community, we should fix it.
In a civil way of course.
Hope you didn't get burned
I'm not saying I have been yet. But am starting to get a little annoyed. I'm really more worried about buying a Hot Toys Demon Batman off one of these sellers from overseas last night. He took my "best offer" which was 30$ less than what he had listed. He has 100% feedback though. We'll see.

On a disc golf site I'm a member of there is a Itrader feedback feature. I have no idea how much work goes into a website though,I'm sure it would be a lot of work for some poor guy.

To you,Batsncats is a straight fellow. He was even throwing more stuff in the box he sent me with the intention of me paying him later in the week. Which I did,obviously. Good guy.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #927
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

Thanks for the good words!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #928
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobuscus View Post
So, no one has an answer? Haha.
I too, think they're the same, but, you look at them for a quick second, and they look different. I dunno.
Anyone else looking to help?
I took two pictures one of each with my phone. Sorry that the quality lacks but I don't have access to a better camera.

Batman Begins Cowl:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The Dark Knight Cowl:

It doesn't really look any different other then the eyes. The Batman Begin's Cowl has smaller pupils so you don't see the white in the eyes.

Last edited by Sephiroth1089; 11-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #929
thomaswd
Newbie First Class

Here you see the Begins head, the TDK release and finally the TDKR release.

The most immediately noticeable difference is the devolving paint job done to the unmasked portion of his face. It's much more detailed and properly fleshtoned in the Begins figure. (which is funny, because that came out after the release of the DK version.) By the time we get to the Rises releases it's kind of just a peach blob on his face.

Not so apparent is the mold differences. On the Begins head, it's over all more rounded, and the ridges for the brow and and cheekbones are more prominent and extend farther.

My camera wouldn't pick it up, but the most telling detail that they're different sculpts, or at the very least different molds made from the same sculpt, is around the nose. If you look at the TDK head, there is a line, a horizontal mold seam, coming from the nose to where the face meets the vertical mold seam at the back of the head. This is on all releases that i have of the TDK figure (original, Rises, Bane two pack). This is completely absent on the Begins head.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #930
Tobuscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog421 View Post
I'm not saying I have been yet. But am starting to get a little annoyed. I'm really more worried about buying a Hot Toys Demon Batman off one of these sellers from overseas last night. He took my "best offer" which was 30$ less than what he had listed. He has 100% feedback though. We'll see.

On a disc golf site I'm a member of there is a Itrader feedback feature. I have no idea how much work goes into a website though,I'm sure it would be a lot of work for some poor guy.

To you,Batsncats is a straight fellow. He was even throwing more stuff in the box he sent me with the intention of me paying him later in the week. Which I did,obviously. Good guy.
I understand what you mean, no worries

Thank you for the kind words about Bats

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #931
Tobuscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaswd View Post

The most immediately noticeable difference is the devolving paint job done to the unmasked portion of his face. It's much more detailed and properly fleshtoned in the Begins figure. (which is funny, because that came out after the release of the DK version.) By the time we get to the Rises releases it's kind of just a peach blob on his face.

Not so apparent is the mold differences. On the Begins head, it's over all more rounded, and the ridges for the brow and and cheekbones are more prominent and extend farther.

My camera wouldn't pick it up, but the most telling detail that they're different sculpts, or at the very least different molds made from the same sculpt, is around the nose. If you look at the TDK head, there is a line, a horizontal mold seam, coming from the nose to where the face meets the vertical mold seam at the back of the head. This is on all releases that i have of the TDK figure (original, Rises, Bane two pack). This is completely absent on the Begins head.
I've noticed the seams, too! That's what had me thinking.
The flesh tones are very weird in all 3 figures. The Begins one is the nicest, with the Rises one being all peachy and a tad bit tan.

So, would your hypothesis be that it's a different sculpt? I understand that they're different paints, but also sculpts?

Thanks for the comparison bud

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #932
Tobuscus

I just hope on the TRU 3 pack, they just don't slap on a Rises head on the Begins body.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #933
Tobuscus

The eyes are far nicer on the Begins head than the rest.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #934
Tobuscus

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/b...11-500x375.jpg
Anyone seen this pic of the 3 pack?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #935
Tobuscus

I hope Bruce can wear his cowl, and it looks like the Dark Knight Batman has a cloth cape now.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #936
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Im deff getting the 3pck Bats because I went to my parents and checked my old colletion in the attic and found out that our last live in house gueast (my 21 year old nefew) got sticky fingers and took off with some of my good stuff.
It pisses me off but it had to have happened about 1 year ago so theres no point now.
So my MM Batman begins stuff is gone.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #937
Emgr55
Side-Kick

On the bright side i found the Play Arts armored A.S. Batman and tdkr bigger scale Bat at hastings.
I was surprised to find anything worth buying and came home with both,also ordered Tdk MM Two Face,& BMbs Scarecrow with normal sute with bag mask off amazon.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #938
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaswd View Post

Kudos thomaswd for a well written response. Consensus is that the MM BB Batman is the fave (color, seam, etc.)
I have an extra sealed Batman if anyone wanted to buy or trade. PM me if interested.
This is him right with his right leg in the air and cowl in package, or is this from TDK?

Last edited by DrexBat21; 11-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #939
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

Im checking out Ebay trying to complete my collection. Is $65 (75 including shipping) a good price for the Demon Batman and Unmasked Batman chase figure from TDK?

EDIT: nevermind someone put a bid on it. i should have gotten it. son of a gun

Last edited by Tvar10; 11-15-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #940
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
Im checking out Ebay trying to complete my collection. Is $65 (75 including shipping) a good price for the Demon Batman and Unmasked Batman chase figure from TDK?

EDIT: nevermind someone put a bid on it. i should have gotten it. son of a gun
Four years ago they were what...$15-$20 each? To get today for twice as much may be worth it if you got the dough and you really want them. I've seen Demon go for $50+ alone....

Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #941
Dave McFly
Has 12% of a plan

I still have 3 unmasked TDK Batman figs if anybody needs one

XBOXLIVE!: davemcfly85
PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #942
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
Is he standing straight up or does he have his leg up?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #943
thomaswd
Newbie First Class

So I'm closing in on completing my collection, mostly just variants. Can any one help me out with

Batman (with sonar eyes and battle damage
Goggles Down Catowman
And super low priority but I'm down if you got him cheap, the ugly Gordon from the two pack or the two pack itself.

Loose/complete is fine.

Last edited by thomaswd; 11-18-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #944
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
How much are you selling them for?

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #945
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Mattel needs to release a Tumbler and The Bat scale for movie masters. I would definitely pay atleast $50 for each probably more depending on how accurate they look. I wonder if there is any way we can petition or try to get their interest in making these vehicles.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #946
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1089 View Post
Mattel needs to release a Tumbler and The Bat scale for movie masters. I would definitely pay atleast $50 for each probably more depending on how accurate they look. I wonder if there is any way we can petition or try to get their interest in making these vehicles.
How about this one? Or is this for the 4" size? Amazon does not list dimensions.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Dark-Kn...pd_sim_sbs_t_4

A 1/6 scale Bat would be cool. Maybe another Target exclusive like the Pod.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #947
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
How about this one? Or is this for the 4" size? Amazon does not list dimensions.

Hmm I'm not sure about the tumbler size there. I'm pretty sure its for the 4" figures but maybe someone here has it and can share some info on it. The scale for movie master figures I think is 1/12 according to this site:

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/ge...ure_scales.htm

Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #948
thomaswd
Newbie First Class

Was there a Tumblr for those awful Begins figures? The figures may not fit inside, but it may look decent among them.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #949
thomaswd
Newbie First Class

Here's a silly thing i discovered this morning that i find kind of amusing. The ancient 1989 Bob The Goon figure from Toy Biz came with more practical accessories than any movie master; a gun, a knife and a removable hat. The gun is oversized, though, and fits in the Gotham City Thug's hand like it was made for it. Heh.

So from now on Grumpy's real name will forever be Bob Jr in my mind, heh.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #950
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post

That's for the 4" figures. There isn't one for the 6" figures, but you can display one of the two made for the 5" figures with your MMs. It actually looks quite nice. They're a bit hard to find online, but there was one that came out for Batman Begins that had lights and sounds and was repainted a couple of times and then re-issued in the Batman Legacy line in a third paint scheme a couple years back. The first one came in a dark purply color, with the second being black and gold like in the movie. The third one from a few years back was similar to the second version, but without the gold trim and no electronics. There was also a launching version that came out for The Dark Knight that has a launching Batpod. Overall, the BB/Legacy version is more scaled and movie-accurate since some aesthetic qualities of TDK one had to be modified for the launching feature.

Closed Thread