Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #351
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Pffft, in your dreams buddy!
Why do you even pay attention to people like that.I wouldn't give people like that the time of the day.smh.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #352
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I feel your pain. We've gotton ridiculously little, even in terms of the set photos in which only a few were hq and fewer showed supes with his cape and on top of that, we really only got them during the rather lengthy Piano shoot.

The release date being back is the main cause of this “drought" but still, youd think they'd wanna save face and try to fill, what was at the time of the delay, a massive amount of time till the release with more promotional material. HELL, this much time to promote couldve been a blessing rather than curse it looks to be shaping up to be.

They need to get something out because they are bordering Green Lantern levels of failure with their marketing and if nothing drops soon, they could face as big or even bigger flop.
Honestly, and I don't mean to be insulting, but I really think this attitude is characteristic of how spoiled (like children) we've become as filmgoers and fans. It's now expected for there to be trailers a year in advance, with regular releases leading all the way up to the opening. I really don't think them holding off on a trailer (for a reasonable amount of time, I might add) is going to equal a massive flop. Also, remember, we here as dedicated fans do not share the same perspective as the average audience. The marketing needs to win them over, not us (they've already got us), and starting early isn't always the best way.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #353
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I feel your pain. We've gotton ridiculously little, even in terms of the set photos in which only a few were hq and fewer showed supes with his cape and on top of that, we really only got them during the rather lengthy Piano shoot.

The release date being back is the main cause of this “drought" but still, youd think they'd wanna save face and try to fill, what was at the time of the delay, a massive amount of time till the release with more promotional material. HELL, this much time to promote couldve been a blessing rather than curse it looks to be shaping up to be.

They need to get something out because they are bordering Green Lantern levels of failure with their marketing and if nothing drops soon, they could face as big or even bigger flop.
It's called over saturation. Once the trailer comes out with The Hobbit, there will be a full 6 months to promote this movie. That is more than enough time to build awareness with the general audience. Now if this were the month of March or April, then I would be a little worried.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 11-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #354
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Honestly, and I don't mean to be insulting, but I really think this attitude is characteristic of how spoiled (like children) we've become as filmgoers and fans. It's now expected for there to be trailers a year in advance, with regular releases leading all the way up to the opening. I really don't think them holding off on a trailer (for a reasonable amount of time, I might add) is going to equal a massive flop. Also, remember, we here as dedicated fans do not share the same perspective as the average audience. The marketing needs to win them over, not us (they've already got us), and starting early isn't always the best way.
I have to agree with you.

As much as I want them to 'feed the fans' by giving us a bit more, I have to stop and think we should just be damn grateful we are getting a movie at all, and even more grateful that it actually seems to be shaping up to be a great one.

The trailer will come when it comes. Pics will come when they come. The more we whine about it and focus on how long it's taking, the longer it'll be.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #355
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I am surprised we have haven't gotten any more pictures.

One in April, and that was it. Part of me wonders if this thing is getting pushed back to winter 2013

R.I.P. Heath
Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #356
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
I am surprised we have haven't gotten any more pictures.

One in April, and that was it. Part of me wonders if this thing is getting pushed back to winter 2013
Hope not its hard enough waiting for the Summer lol

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #357
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, we'll see in a few weeks from now on whether all of this panic mode or overconfident attitude in regards to when the trailer is released was all for naught.lol

Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #358
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
It's called over saturation. Once the trailer comes out with The Hobbit, there will be a full 6 months to promote this movie. That is more than enough time to build awareness with the general audience. Now if this were the month of March or April, then I would be a little worried.
Fair enough.

I don't mean to sound like a whiny fanboy and yes I understand promoting to much too soon before the film releases equals oversaturation.

I do think theyve waited a reasonably amount of time considering the delay but honestly and yeah i was a bit dramatic, but i still feel they are reaching the point where they need to promote.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #359
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

I think that WB is busy promoting Hobbit right now and they don't want to people to get excited for the other movie too much which would take away the focus from The Hobbit.

But, I am sure that we Will get our first full trailer with Hobbit.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #360
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, we'll see in a few weeks from now on whether all of this panic mode or overconfident attitude in regards to when the trailer is released was all for naught.lol
Guess so, I was super confident until I heard Pacific Rim and Star Trek were gonna be with it, but I'm trying to remember when two let aloe 3 big blockbuster trailers all debuted together infront of a big movie????

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #361
Binker
Side-Kick

I too believe it has to be The Hobbit that we'll get the new trailer; makes sense, as having three big trailers in front of oen big movie wouldn't be something to miss. But, if it weren't, what other movie do you think they would attach it towards?

This month: Monsters, Inc. 3D (I've seen weirder (aka Iron Lady trailer was attached to Spy Kids 4D, no joke)) | Zero Dark Thirty (up here because of the 9/11 connection makign it big) | Django Unchained | Les Misérables (last two being big release Christmas movies).

January: Gangster Squad (interesting if so, as the writer of the film is writing Justice League) | Last Stand (Schwarzenegger?). And only one for February, even though I really doubt we wouldn't see the first full trailer this late, though X-Men First Class was as an example: Good Day to Die Hard.

That's my examples, but I really think its Hobbit. Why wouldn't be? I guess the only reason why we haven't heard about the trailer yet is because they are working on it.

Trailers are their own production too: how much do you show, not to spoil the audience months before the release, but also to convince the audience of what your selling. Makes sense, given what it is: Superman.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #362
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

lol; it'd be funny to see on how many would vote yes and no when asked if they think or if they are positive that we'll get a new trailer with the release of the Hobbit at the rate we're going.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #363
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Well, I'll start then by saying yes, it will be. Next..

Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #364
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
lol; it'd be funny to see on how many would vote yes and no when asked if they think or if they are positive that we'll get a new trailer with the release of the Hobbit at the rate we're going.

Yes.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #365
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
yes.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #366
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

IF there is a new trailer attached to "The Hobbit", I really hope that it's at least 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds long.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #367
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

I am almost 90 % certain that WB will attach a MOS trailer with Hobbit. (I am including 10 % uncertainty as this is WB after all.)

Here are some reasons -

* Hobbit movie attracts a wide demographic, so it is the ideal movie to attach trailer for your next big budget summer movie.

* WB know that MOS is a reboot and traditionally, reboots haven't done that well, in terms of box-office success, so they are relying on Nolan's name that will draw-in general audience, and this year we have had Nolan's biggest success (in terms of world-wide collections) so while TDKR is still fresh in the minds of GA, it makes sense to market the movie with Nolan's name as a producer before the year ends.

* Decision to show the first trailer in December is the right time, it is neither too early nor too late to start a gradual promotion.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #368
Project862006
Banned User

then once marketing starts going the hype will say they are showing too much lol

Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #369
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I think the MOS marketing blackout at this stage by WB is more a detriment to us fans waiting for any scraps of news then it will be to it's potential box office.

It's sad that we're all just waiting for a trailer. Hopefully over 2m20s of amazingness.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #370
Deathstroke
Banned User

I wonder if they'll even market MoS with a strong effort, or under-promote the movie like they did for Batman Begins.

This is a reboot akin to Batman Begins and it is also the film that the studio was forced into making. There may not be a strong will or effort to market this as heavy as the Superman Returns marketing. Especially considering how Superman Returns underperformed. They could be playing it much safer this time.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #371
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

They were actively considering making a sequel to Superman Returns before the court Order happened,despite SR under performing.

There were several reasons why sequel to SR never happened, and some of them are -

* Writer's strike.

* Studio execs were not pleased with Singers' pitch that he gave for the sequel.

* Internal Studio politics, pro Robinov group vs pro Alan horn group.

Even after the Court order to start a Superman movie production by 2012, they had the option to simply pay a fixed amount of money to Siegel's heirs for the loss of revenue for the movie not happening.

But WB made the decision to make the movie with all top talent and got Nolan as a producer, this does not sound to me as not making a strong effort to market it.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 11-18-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #372
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Is it just me, or will it be really dissapointing at this point if the new trailer is just the comic con footage?

Personally I want plenty of footage we've never seen/heard about before

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #373
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Is it just me, or will it be really dissapointing at this point if the new trailer is just the comic con footage?

Personally I want plenty of footage we've never seen/heard about before
I'm pretty sure it'll be entirely new. The comic-con trailer lacked the real moneyshots that were no doubt still being worked on by WETA.

I'm sure there's gonna be something like that shot we we heard about months back of Clark catching a truck one-handed in the tornado.

Plus we'll probably get a better look at Zod. Now they've probably finalized his CGI armor in post.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #374
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I'm pretty sure it'll be entirely new. The comic-con trailer lacked the real moneyshots that were no doubt still being worked on by WETA.

I'm sure there's gonna be something like that shot we we heard about months back of Clark catching a truck one-handed in the tornado.

Plus we'll probably get a better look at Zod. Now they've probably finalized his CGI armor in post.
wait WHAT !? That sounds awesome

Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #375
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Just hit this morning.

http://nukethefridge.com/2012/11/18/...of-the-hobbit/

Quote:
Back in July, a trailer for director Zack Snyder’s “Superman: Man of Steel” was shown to fans at San Diego’s Comic-Con. News spread that the trailer would debut to theatergoers positioned in front of Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit” on December 14th.

Nuke the Fridge has learned through a confidential source that a trailer for the “Man of Steel” will indeed proceed “The Hobbit.” However, there will be a difference. All the footage will be new and there will not be any rehashing of the Comic-Con material. The preview will mark the six month countdown to Superman’s June opening.
I'm gonna take this as a rumor for now but I feel its likely true.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-18-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Closed Thread