The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #151
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
He's obviously casting a spell, and the "artificial sun" suggests some sort of portal opening, so it's likely that he's summoning *something,* right? And we know from the comics that Malekith serves whom? Surtur. Putting two and two together and all that.

Yeah, Malekith summoning Surtur might be the big tease for Thor 3. Or it may be a three-on-one throwdown with Mal, Kurse, *and* Surtur vs. God of Thunder in the third reel. Just sayin'.

I'm beginning to firmly believe that Kurse is going to be a Hulk-style CG construct instead of an actual physical presence. In other words, Kurse might well already be in a lot of the battle scenes we've seen so far; only "in spirit," awaiting CGI in post.
Mark Ruffalo played hulk though.

and okay, i think he may be summoning surtur, wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic lol

Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #152
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Surtur being summoned by Malekith through a portal would kick all kinds of @$$. However, I don't see Thor as being strong enough to tackle Surtur himself (Surtur, I believe is on a power tier level with the All Fathers), so unless Odin is involved in the battle, the plot then becomes about Thor closing the portal before Surtur can enter Midguard. Which to many audience members might come off as a replay of the Avengers climax of closing the portal from the Chitari forces. That is the only thing that concerns me, other then that it's looking epic. Also, just wanted to say that when I saw the second video marvel_freshman was kind enough to post, that I at first thought Malekith was in his red costume and I nearly freaked out, but then I realized it was just some sort of light filter. Perhaps the red light is a nod to those die hard fans that were hoping for a more comic accurate costume. Although, I would have to say in all reality most of the comments I have heard about Malekith's movie look seem overwhelmingly positive.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #153
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Yeah Surtur is on the same level of power as All-Father's such as Odin so Thor would stand little chance in a one on one fight.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #154
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ Yeah Surtur is on the same level of power as All-Father's such as Odin so Thor would stand little chance in a one on one fight.
Which is my point exactly. If this Surtur / Portal speculation turns out to be true, we know Thor can't beat Surtur in battle (unless they make Surtur really lame), which means Thor's only chance to stop Surtur is to close the portal before he enters midguard. Now I love Surtur as a character and would love to see him used as much as anyone, but I fear this sort of climax might feel to some like they copied the Avengers and couldn't come up with a new idea. It's almost like how I felt about Iron Man 2 with them making Whiplash into basically another armored vesion of Iron Man (just with whips), which was made worse by the fact that the main villian in part one was also an armored type villian (although a much better and more comic accurate Iron Monger). So, it's almost like a Marvel Exec. said well it worked last time lets just do it again. The problem is that people want to see fresh characters and fresh ideas not the same ones being rehashed. So, anyways that is kind of what concerns me with the whole Surtur thing if it turns out to be true. Either way though you know I will be watching it several times, I just want the movies to continue to do well so we will be getting sequels for years to come.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #155
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The only way that I see Thor defeating Surtur on his own is if Thor inherits the Odinforce with Odin's passing.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #156
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think Thor 2 or Thor 3 might end with Loki sacrificing himself to help defeat Surtur and save Asgard. A little like siege.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #157
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I think Thor 2 or Thor 3 might end with Loki sacrificing himself to help defeat Surtur and save Asgard. A little like siege.
You know, that would really jive with Tom Hiddleston's talk about Loki's redemption. I have to admit as a Loki fangirl a nice scene of a dying Loki with a grieving Thor and Odin would be really great. It'd certainly be a tear inducing theme considering the talented performers involved. I'll make sure I bring a box of tissues with me when I go see the movie one way or the other.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #158
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quick question, is Odin vastly stronger than the likes of Maliketh and Kurse? Since, if that were the case; with those two being such a big threat to Asgard and the nine realms, unless Odin was already weakened by something previously, why wouldn't Odin just simply get rid of them himself?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #159
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Also, just wanted to say that when I saw the second video marvel_freshman was kind enough to post, that I at first thought Malekith was in his red costume and I nearly freaked out, but then I realized it was just some sort of light filter. Perhaps the red light is a nod to those die hard fans that were hoping for a more comic accurate costume.
Surfer
Some comments I've read bring up the intriguing idea that the red light might be caused by the Power Gem. If Jaqua's Infinity Gems theory turns out to be true, and Loki really was given the Mind Gem in the Avengers for his sceptre (as many believe), then it's in the realm of possibility that Malekith is given the Power Gem in TDW. (Although I'm still not on board with the idea of Thanos handing out Infinity Gems like candy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Quick question, is Odin vastly stronger than the likes of Maliketh and Kurse? Since, if that were the case; with those two being such a big threat to Asgard and the nine realms, unless Odin was already weakened by something previously, why wouldn't Odin just simply get rid of them himself?
Screenwriters' excuse: Odin is weakened from using too much "dark energy" to shuttle Thor to and from Earth in the Avenger movie.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #160
waffles
Side-Kick

So guys, I said I would go to Greenwich and see what's going down.... Im here right now I'll take some pics and stuff but I can see the red bus, the blue wrapped column and the trailers from here. The Uni is open so you can walk through and fairly close to the scenery.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #161
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Screenwriters' excuse: Odin is weakened from using too much "dark energy" to shuttle Thor to and from Earth in the Avenger movie.
lol; I can already imagine a lot of people having issues with that since Odin was prevented from doing anything useful for most of the previous film due to being weakened from something else.

On another note, I really do hope that this film really pushes Thor to both his physical and emotional/mental limits. I want to see him really pushed into the corner, and really have a huge obstacle presented to him where when he does overcome it at the end that you can really feel like you can root for him in that accomplishment.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #162
waffles
Side-Kick

I found trailers up by Greenwich observatory; seen Marvel, Selvig, Malekith but can't make out the rest

Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #163
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Marvel?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #164
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
So guys, I said I would go to Greenwich and see what's going down.... Im here right now I'll take some pics and stuff but I can see the red bus, the blue wrapped column and the trailers from here. The Uni is open so you can walk through and fairly close to the scenery.
Thanks!! We'll look forward to reading!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #165
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Marvel?
probably a general trailer for the reps from Marvel like Feige to use.

looking forward to your report waffles!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #166
waffles
Side-Kick

I've just got back, firing up the laptop to upload my pics now

Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #167
Surfer

Quote:
I've just got back, firing up the laptop to upload my pics now
Awesome, thanks waffles, hope you had fun and saw lots of cool things. In the mean time I found this video on You Tube, which I don't recall having seen previously. If it has been posted I apologize, it's just really hard to keep track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peqitvXMEwM

Surfer

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #168
waffles
Side-Kick

Hokay, some of these did not come out as well as I had hoped!

I found myself up in London and stuck in traffic this morning, spur of the moment thought was to swing by Greenwich and see what's going on. I've done this a few times before and seen the set pieces for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Les Miserables and when they aren't shooting the University campus is open again to the general public and you can wander in and around the set.

So I ambled along the River Thames (past the Cutty Sark, if you are ever in London its well worth a visit) towards the Uni. I could see cranes, trailers, lots of security guys in his vis jackets and way too many tourists. Getting further in and over on the right I see the red double decker bus! I've seen pictures of its right side but not the other so I walked around to see if there was a different fake-film ad on that side

Sadly not, same thing over there but still pretty cool to see anyway. Behind the bus were the cast trailers and what looked like catering trucks. I decided to walk around the outside of the buildings by the main road and saw that they had covered a huge section of railings in the blue material ready for some CGI stuff (I tried waiting for those people to leave but there were taking FOREVER)

Swinging my attention round towards the middle area (where Thor was smashing dark elves on Friday) and there are some scorch marks and parallel scars cut into the turf. This one didn't come out so well but if you can see the roped off bit in the middle, its in there.

And another look back at the blue-screen bits, behind these railings is the Maritime Museum and behind that is Greenwich Park.

There wasn't much more to see around the outside of the buildings so I walked through the middle towards the action. They were building some sets pieces and now the Uni has its own fake underground station complete with Evening Standard newspaper seller.

Then on to the main set. Lots of guys were moving things around ready for tomorrow and it was pretty funny to see them lugging around these huge blocks that were supposed to represent the pillar wrapped in blue

Half a cab! In the background, is that your fake sun?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #169
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

I reuploaded that other set video from yesterday to youtube.

Thor and Malekith Battle!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #170
Surfer

Quote:
Some comments I've read bring up the intriguing idea that the red light might be caused by the Power Gem. If Jaqua's Infinity Gems theory turns out to be true, and Loki really was given the Mind Gem in the Avengers for his sceptre (as many believe), then it's in the realm of possibility that Malekith is given the Power Gem in TDW. (Although I'm still not on board with the idea of Thanos handing out Infinity Gems like candy.)

I don't think the gem looking thing on Loki's staff was a Mind Gem, I just think it was part of the Spear of Destiny. I mean with a name like the Spear of Destiny you don't exactly want it to look like just any old spear, and being that it's a comic book movie giving it a type of power makes sense.

Also, we know that the Infinity Gauntlet resides in Odin's vault. So, what the Gauntlet is just a glove without gems? It really doesn't make sense, and if it's being suggested that the Gauntlet had the Gems to begin with, but that Loki took them and gave them to Thanos, so that Thanos could hand him one back, well (as you kind of said in your comment above about not being on board) to me that just make no sense what so ever. First off Loki wouldn't give them to Thanos, and Thanos definitely would not be giving them back.

As for the screenwriter's excuse thing you posted I really hope they don't make Odin weak again in this movie. What I would really like to see is that Malekith releases Surtur and the Sons of Muspel on Asgard, but it's only a distraction for his ultimate Goal which is to conquer earth. So, Odin expects Thor, Loki, Sif, Heimdel and the Warriors three to fight the Sons of Muspel, while he goes off and takes on Surtur, but when Thor learns of Malekith's intentions to conquer earth. He leaves Asgard to save earth, where he battles Kurse, Malekith and his dark elves. After saving earth from this threat he returns to Asgard and learns that Asgard won the battle, but not without a lot of destruction and death one of those people who died being Frigga.

So, that is kind of a long the lines of what I would like to see.

Surfer

Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #171
waffles
Side-Kick

Wait, there's more!

Looking over the car-carnage from yesterday, one flattened car in the distance looks like something lands on it perhaps?

And then from the side. At the back of this picture are the railings covered in CGI blue stuff so something big is going down here.

Looking in the opposite direction towards the river there was this huge lighting rig.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #172
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks! These are all great. I hope you had fun visiting the set.

Quote:
There wasn't much more to see around the outside of the buildings so I walked through the middle towards the action. They were building some sets pieces and now the Uni has its own fake underground station complete with Evening Standard newspaper seller.
So if the army of fallen warriors shows up, would that make this a ghost station?

(I wonder how many fake underground stations have been "established" over the years of shooting various movies)

Quote:
In the background, is that your fake sun?
I believe it is.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #173
elizah72
Side-Kick

These are the same locations where we saw alot of people running away in videos from a couple weeks ago, correct?

thanks for the pictures! nice!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #174
Surfer

Quote:

I found myself up in London and stuck in traffic this morning, spur of the moment thought was to swing by Greenwich and see what's going on. I've done this a few times before and seen the set pieces for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Les Miserables and when they aren't shooting the University campus is open again to the general public and you can wander in and around the set.

So I ambled along the River Thames (past the Cutty Sark, if you are ever in London its well worth a visit) towards the Uni. I could see cranes, trailers, lots of security guys in his vis jackets and way too many tourists. Getting further in and over on the right I see the red double decker bus! I've seen pictures of its right side but not the other so I walked around to see if there was a different fake-film ad on that side

Sadly not, same thing over there but still pretty cool to see anyway. Behind the bus were the cast trailers and what looked like catering trucks. I decided to walk around the outside of the buildings by the main road and saw that they had covered a huge section of railings in the blue material ready for some CGI stuff (I tried waiting for those people to leave but there were taking FOREVER)

Swinging my attention round towards the middle area (where Thor was smashing dark elves on Friday) and there are some scorch marks and parallel scars cut into the turf. This one didn't come out so well but if you can see the roped off bit in the middle, its in there.

And another look back at the blue-screen bits, behind these railings is the Maritime Museum and behind that is Greenwich Park.

Then on to the main set. Lots of guys were moving things around ready for tomorrow and it was pretty funny to see them lugging around these huge blocks that were supposed to represent the pillar wrapped in blue

Half a cab! In the background, is that your fake sun?

waffles, thanks for sharing. I especially like the last picture you took, because it's the first time we can really see the kind of light they used to make that fake sun / portal thing. I was really curious if it was one huge light or several smaller lights creating the effect, and now I know.

Surfer

Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #175
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

That lighting system is either being used extend film hours or it's just the lighting system being used to produced the flashes when someone uses magic or lighting.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread