The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #76
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Inhumans in development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
That would be awesome..Inhumans movie for Phase 3!!!
Assuming that Avengers 3 will release in 2018 and we'll get about 2-3 MCU films each year leading up to it. What do we have in the Phase 3 pot so far...

Antman, Thor 3, Cap 3, Black Panther, Ironman 4 (possibly) GOTG 2 (possibly), DareDevil reboot (Somewhat possible), Incredible Hulk 2 (Somewhat possible)

Yeah The Inhumans could definitely fit in there. Plus this is a pretty impressive lineup of things to come even if it is wishful thinking.

Sidenote: Um yeah, I only see about 5 of these happening in that Phase 3 period starting with Antman in 11/15. Then Iron 4 and Thor 3 in 2016, then Cap 3 and a new property in 2017. Unless they switch to 3 films a year and/or push Avengers 3 back to May/July 2019.

I think Marvel could pull off releasing up to 4 films a year (1 minor character in Feb/March, 1 in May, 1 in July/Aug and 1 in Nov) but we'll see...

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #77
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

They must have The Inhumans in mind if GOGW is being made, they are pretty much cosmic characters now after WOK, which I havent read but will be soon.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #78
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveitwithjamon View Post
they must have the inhumans in mind if gogw is being made, they are pretty much cosmic characters now after wok, which i havent read but will be soon.
gogw?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #79
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
gogw?
Guardians of the Galaxy

Inhumans Motion Comic on the Way!

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #80
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

After reading WoK and being some way into RoK, I just think The Inhumans work much better in the cosmic world. On Earth, they always seem a bit stifled, but if they do make a movie I gues the first one would have to be on Earth just to get the background of the characters out there.

But for me the quicker they get The Inhumans into space the better, they just seem to take on a new level in the cosmic world.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #81
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I see Phase 3 lineup something like this
Ant-Man(2015)
Thor 3(2016)
Dr. Strange(2016)
GotG 2(2016)
Cap 3(2017)
Heroes For Hire w/Luke Cage and Iron Fist lead roles(2017)
Inhumans(2018)
Either Avengers 3 or wishful thinking Defenders with Hulk and Strange in leading roles with Namor and whoever else(2018)

blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #82
Silvermoth
Avenger

So excited for the animated movie. With a bit of luck it might start the ball rolling on a big budget movie. I just know the Inhumans can become the next big Marvel franchise.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #83
Gabe99
Side-Kick

WARNING! THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS HEAVY PLOT SPOILERS SO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED THEN READ NO FURTHER! I’M NOT KIDDING!
Marvel's Illuminati?

Last edited by Gabe99; 02-04-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #84
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Latino Review is talking out of its ass. Act like they are an infallible oracle at your own risk.

Marvel isn't going to blow a fortune making a movie that primarily ruins the characterization of a whole ton of people in order to derail everything that made the Hulk popular and successful in his most recent outing.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #85
Silvermoth
Avenger

Fanboys use the word 'ruin' too readily. It didn't ruin the characters. It added a new layer to them. That's precisely what you want to do when you expand a universe and develop sequels.

I'm looking forward to this and Planet Hulk if it happens. I agree, it's too early to act like this is gospel yet but I'm keen.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #86
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I agree, doing that storyline wouldn't "ruin" these characters but cement the feeling that even though they are superheroes they still make mistakes and make questionable choices and decisions for their perception of the greater good

Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #87
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Fanboys use the word 'ruin' too readily. It didn't ruin the characters. It added a new layer to them. That's precisely what you want to do when you expand a universe and develop sequels.

I'm looking forward to this and Planet Hulk if it happens. I agree, it's too early to act like this is gospel yet but I'm keen.
"Ruin" fits a lot of what has happened on the comics side in recent years. Marvel's editors and writers plan universe-wide "events" without considering the long-term damage they can do to the characters. Take Civil War, for instance. That certainly added layers to Tony Stark, but they were layers of crud that weighed him down and nearly destroyed him. Quesada admitted that Stark was the most hated character at Marvel until the movies rehabilitated him in the fans' eyes. Adding to characters is all well and good, but if they add negative stuff it's not an improvement.

If Planet Hulk/WWH throws away carefully-crafted characterization by turning heroes into villains, it shouldn't happen. And I'm betting that it won't happen in the MCU.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #88
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I disagree. I may be in the minority but I understand why Stark did what he did in Civil War, I don't agree with it 100% but I understood. People tend to forget he wasn't for the act in the first place but he understood no matter what he or any superhero did the act would still be passed. He understood that the public wanted security and that the superhero community needed to be reigned in some so he decided it was the best choice for both sides if he supported the act. It may not have been right but his motivations for everything he did were not bad

Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #89
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I stick with my guns: any even vaguely faithful portrayal of the beginnings of Planet Hulk, or any of WWH, would ruin a whole lot of characters in the eyes of the audience. Its as simple as this: either the Hulk is portrayed prior to the banishment as a dangerous monster, in which case you throw away the gains he made in Avengers. Or else the people who banish him are villains for doing so. There really isn't any middle ground.

Yes, you *can* reconceive the story so that the Hulk gets banished for reasons that have nothing to do with heroes betraying him, or even on *anyone* deliberately banishing him ( as opposed to getting lost in space during an adventure ). At that point, however, you are deliberately and intentionally getting rid of a large, highly important chunk of the plot. And you can only do that with Planet Hulk. World War Hulk? No way to do that without somebody becoming the villain.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #90
misjuevos
I am Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
After reading WoK and being some way into RoK, I just think The Inhumans work much better in the cosmic world. On Earth, they always seem a bit stifled, but if they do make a movie I gues the first one would have to be on Earth just to get the background of the characters out there.

But for me the quicker they get The Inhumans into space the better, they just seem to take on a new level in the cosmic world.
there is an inhumans mini from 2000, that does this. would be a good starting point for a movie. it introduces the kree and their relationship with the inhumans, then goes into space.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Then that would probably be perfect for a first movie of a franchise, then they can go onto the grander stuff if that takes off.

Just out of curiosity, what are fans of The Inhumans feelings on the War Of Kings and Realm of Kings storyline?

I loved them but was very dissapointed in Blackbolts role in it. I thought he should have been able to handle Vulcan easily and give Gladiator a very good fight.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #92
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Latino Review is talking out of its ass. Act like they are an infallible oracle at your own risk.

Marvel isn't going to blow a fortune making a movie that primarily ruins the characterization of a whole ton of people in order to derail everything that made the Hulk popular and successful in his most recent outing.
Amen, brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

You're speaking in past tense about comic book characters; metaphysician is speaking in future tense about comic book MOVIE characters. Big difference. Hero vs. hero brouhahas make for good sales in 21st century comics because (a) the readership is small, niche, and primarily mature (at least teenage or older); and (b) you're working with characters within a universe that is 50 years old and in dire need of some fresh perspectives.

Doesn't work at all for a *cinematic* universe that is (a) targeted at an audience of hundreds of millions (if not billions) of people, with the core audience being the young kids who actually buy the merch; and (b) only five years old.

The MCU is still in its fledgling stages. This is the time when you keep *building* the supporting framework for the MCU, not start tearing it down with a damn sledgehammer.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #93
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I would be *very* reluctant to use the word "mature" to refer to the mainstream comic readerships. "Over the age of majority" would be perfectly accurate, but actual *mature* readers wouldn't have bought nearly so much of the rusty sewer grate kewl crap both companies have put out over the past ten years.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #94
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I agree and disagree. I think Planet Hulk is just not the right place to go. at least not yet, but I certainly dont think you ruin characters by forcing them to make tough decisions even the decision of exiling one of their main team members off the entire planet. Iron Man's alcoholism is something that is definitely character building and just as easily "ruin"-able (I know thats not a word). I aso don't think they should hold back on what they do with the characters cause chances are we won't get 50 years of a cinematic universe.

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #95
misjuevos
I am Groot

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what are fans of The Inhumans feelings on the War Of Kings and Realm of Kings storyline?

I loved them but was very dissapointed in Blackbolts role in it. I thought he should have been able to handle Vulcan easily and give Gladiator a very good fight.

i loved that they went into space and brought the kree and shi'ar back into the picture. i always loved cosmic stuff and War of Kings and Realm of Kings was more great cosmic stories.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #96
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Marvel's Phase Three: 'Doctor Strange,' 'Iron Man 4,' 'Hulk,' 'Inhumans' or 'Runaways' on horizon? -- EW EXCLUSIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Breznican
Right now the only definite project being planned for Phase Three is Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man, which has been in development since 2006 but will finally come to the screen in November 2015 — just a few months after Avengers 2.

“I’d say 99 percent of our time right now is purely spent on Phase Two,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told EW. “It’s five colossally giant motion pictures that we have to produce. So that’s taking up the time. But within the next year or so we’ll start the advanced planning for post-Avengers 2.”
Quote:
Inhumans

For a while, Inhumans seemed like it could have been a Phase Two movie, competing with Guardians of the Galaxy as Marvel’s way to expand its cinematic universe into the farther reaches of space.

Guardians got the go-ahead, but Inhumans is still a possibility. Don’t expect to see it take Phase Three priority over, say, a potential Thor 3 or Captain America 3, but it’s one that clearly has a lot of affection among the denizens of Marvel Studios. And it would be a good way to introduce an ensemble of fresh, new characters among the studio’s possible sequels.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #97
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I really hope we get to see an Inhumans movie soon. I always knew of them, but became a fan after reading War Of Kings. If they do introduce them, I think they need to get them into space asap.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #98
Mr. Dent

You should read Paul Jenkin's run on them, that's the best of their stories imo.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #99
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I may do that.

Correct me if I am wrong but werent the Inhumans first introduced in Fantastic Four? If so, would people be okay if they were introduced in an Avengers movie instead?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #100
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
^I may do that.

Correct me if I am wrong but werent the Inhumans first introduced in Fantastic Four? If so, would people be okay if they were introduced in an Avengers movie instead?
They did first appear exclusively in the pages of the FF for the first 2 years or more - and while the ideal way to introduce them would be like in the comics with a Medusa in the Frightful Four story which leads into the FF meeting the Inhumans, etc. - that's not possible with Fox owning the FF.

So all we have left is either an intro in Avengers or another characters movie - unless they just give them a solo movie like GoG.

The Inhumans were in the Hulk Annual #1 so perhaps that story line could be folded in with the FF story arcs and Marvel could come up with a way of making that work.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote